GSP off UFC 137 card with knee injury

Paradigm

im still not sold on this 5 round non-title fight thing. how is that even fair or uniform? this situation highlights that problem...well, it would have had they just now made it a 5 rounder but they didnt. it still isnt a standardized policy because its a 3 round non-title fight and the next non-title fight main event that comes along will be a 5 rounder, due solely to the fact that it wasnt replacing a canceled main event fight.

Well, I would like the non-title main events to be five rounds and a title fight seven, but that wasn't really the point. I'm just saying that I would've liked to see Diaz and Penn fight go for five rounds or even more if it had to. I think that a lot of people share my opinion as fans opposed to a competitional sports purists.

Well, I would like the non-title main events to be five rounds and a title fight seven, but that wasn't really the point. I'm just saying that I would've liked to see Diaz and Penn fight go for five rounds or even more if it had to. I think that a lot of people share my opinion as fans opposed to a competitional sports purists.

Honestly I'd just want them to fight once a week instead. Forever.

• Upvote 1

How hard are these guys training? Most of the sports I am familiar with never go 100% in practice. They will hit the weights or cardio hard, but the full contact stuff is toned down to prevent unnecessary injury. But then again I know nothing really about MMA training camps.

Really sucks for this upcoming event.

How hard are these guys training? Most of the sports I am familiar with never go 100% in practice. They will hit the weights or cardio hard, but the full contact stuff is toned down to prevent unnecessary injury. But then again I know nothing really about MMA training camps.

even at 50% it's not all that uncommon, especially with knees. hell, you could tweak it just doing wind sprints or jogging, if you step off a curb wrong or are on an uneven surface or something.

They have to stop roids a few weeks before the fight , so if they trained too hard on roids when they stop their body take all in a short time .