Syn' 200

FrankyFin

Bonus Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. who should win the ko of the night bonus?

• Abayo Bokhari
    • Maxim Dragunov
    • Fidel Puno
    • Dante Evangelisti
    • Kenji Silva
    • Siouxsie Banshees
  2. 2. who should win the fight of the night bonus?

• Abayo Bokhari Golden Glory
    • Maxim Dragunov Vvierme Llamer
    • Ares Constantinides Ossi Jokinen
    • Richard Teixeira Brian Peppers
    • Siouxsie Banshees Viiksi Tolonen
    • Tito Hopkins Johnny Rose
    • Henrik Larsson Jackson Comet
    • Fidel Puno The Great Tonying
    • Dante Evangelisti Rafael Narvaez
    • Kenji Silva Areli Durga

Awesome event! Sad for the Rose loss, but helluva fight JBomb! Look forward to our next! And we need to be discussing rematch options at some point in the future bro! :)

--

Mickey

• Upvote 1

Amazing event, congrats to everyone involved! Johnny Rose got the consolation award for getting attacked by the Just Bleed guy.

We need to get a full list of winners and awards posted. Puno took home the Broken Halo award for fastest KO, congrats to him!

--

Mickey

thanks to the guys who already gave out the awards, awesome :)

now wed like to get the big ones out of the way also (ko- and fight of the night :))

the syn-staff has its own ideas but choices are hard and the guys thought a forum-poll could help to figure out who the awards should go to ... so i added it to this thread ... so please if you viewers of this would be so kind to go the first page of this thread, to the top and submit your vote :)

After Much Deliberation The God Have Mercy on Your Soul Award or as its also known Most Miserable Performance Of The Night Goes to.

Vvierme Llamer

As he didn't do anything literately all he did was get knocked out without successfully clinching or even landing a strike the 500 dollars for band aids and ice packs will be in your account soon

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa338/ocam12/Designs/miz1.jpg GOES TO http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa338/ocam12/Designs/21w5.jpg

alright the polls are decisive and it goes along well with what Avon and the guys have been thinking, so the winner of KO of the Night is Abayo Bokhari and Fight of the Night goes to Tito Hopkins and Johnny Rose. congratulations :)

we done here finally? ^-^

i can only speak for myself but for me it was way fun and thank you all for being good sports, managers, fighters, contributors, watchers, readers and just a good bunch of (soon to seriously be cyborg-) people!^^ cheers

Knocking out the #1/#2 fighter in the game should warrant some kind of award.

I agree, not taking anything away from Bokhari's victory, but #1 P4P heavyweight in the world and more bragging rights than anything else. Would you of called Junior Dos Santos KO over Cain Velesquez KO of the night if Shane Carwin vs Gabriel Gonzaga, Gonzaga vs Cro Cop, or Rampage vs Liddell/Silva was on the same card?

Not that I care who gets the awards, I was just surprised with the votes since this was the first time I looked at the thread in awhile.

Beautiful thing about flavor text... Maxim's KO was brutal, savage.. and then him going Russian ape shit afterwards was classic... Fidel's was a one hitter, and he went ape shit in his own crazy Philippino way too.

Then seeing myself being the only person to vote on one of the most competetive fights on the card for Fight of the Night was a bit surprising too.

It's a good question. The UFC often gives awards to the more high profile guys when fighters on the undercard may have pulled off flashier KOs or subs. I'm usually in favor of giving awards to guys on the undercard since they need the money more. I guess it depends on whether a lesser KO over a better opponent counts for more than a huge KO over someone lower ranked.

It's a good question. The UFC often gives awards to the more high profile guys when fighters on the undercard may have pulled off flashier KOs or subs. I'm usually in favor of giving awards to guys on the undercard since they need the money more. I guess it depends on whether a lesser KO over a better opponent counts for more than a huge KO over someone lower ranked.

I've always leaned toward flavor text myself, but that's just me.

It's like Don Marciano's flying knee. To me, that's one of my greatest KO's ever. Even though Don Marciano's Head Kick over Cedric Myton was way more impressive because the quality of the opponent and the opponent's chin, a flying knee is still a flying knee.

For example I'll compare two of my fighters KO's... Taj al Din's TKO win over Matsumato, which was sweet because it was avenging Bob Chong's earlier loss:

"al Din connects with a combination that backs up Matsumoto into the cage. al Din lands a flurry of punches that gets past Matsumoto's guard. Matsumoto is down and the referee has seen enough. It is all over! al Din bursts into tears - this win obviously means a huge amount to him."

Compared to Moses Diggs win over Jason Sturd and Blackfoot, even though they're much lesser opponents based on flavor text alone I would choose both for KOTN over Taj al Din's:

"Diggs and Sturd are patiently standing in front of each other looking for an opening. Diggs throws a head kick. It's landed, knocking Sturd into next week! Ooooh that was huge! Diggs knows it - he's on the cage flexing is biceps. That's a bit weird considering he won by kick but whatever. "

"Diggs throws a nasty head kick that just misses. He throws another kick to the head of his opponent and almost takes it off! Blackfoot crumples to the floor and the fight is over!"

I'll be honest Taj al Din bursting out in tears of joy ruined it for me lol, and I'm not impressed with TKO finishes very often but I guess Bob's his boy and I'll take avenging another one of my fighters losses anyway I can get it. I would rate Don's Flying Knee over all of this for the simple fact of it being a flying knee and him being a short heavyweight flying through the air. Plus it was my first flying knee KO ever. Things I look for in determining KO of the Night:

+ spinning backfist KO

+ Flying Knee

+ KO Slam

+ Head Kick KO with brutal flavor text

+ punch KO with brutal flavor text

+ come from behind KO

But... Bokhari definitely deserves plenty of recognizition for his victory. Just not the "KO of the Night" in my eyes when you got Maxim flipping bricks and trying to punch a hole through his opponents head.