THE STEEL PENN FIGHTING TEMPLE

SteelPenn

SPFT 137: Post Pay-Per-View Summary written by Furious Styles

Hello good people, I hope all of you are well and thank you for joining me for another post Pay-Per-View Summary for Steel Penn Fighting Temple! This is Furious Styles live in Los Angeles, and I have been perusing the crowd of more than ninety-three thousand MMA fans and they are definitely ready for the action tonight! I’ve seen numerous types of apparel advertising various fan favorites, so let’s get down to business.

Opening the night with some serious salvo, the Welterweight Championship showdown between “Donkey Style AKA Badonk-a” Don Key (30-7-2) of The Broken Halo and Aaron Davidson (28-13-1) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – in the house! This fight was very much anticipated between these two proven warriors and they did not disappoint. Much to the pleasure of the fans, this fight was a standup war and the fans loved every bit of it! As expected from two high caliber fighters, some excellent striking and defense were on display, and also as expected, some heavy, nasty shots were both given and taken! No, I’m not talking about those type of body shots people. Pay attention!

Both men tested the other man’s fighting ability with solid technique and sharp punches and kicks. After trading strikes and misses, Key was able to maneuver himself into a clinch, and once he did, he unleashed a few well-timed, well-placed knees to Davidson’s body that did their damage, and one brutal right knee in particular cut Davidson on the bridge of his nose! He battled through it but it was apparent that the knees both hurt him and slowed him down, and Key and his corner detected this as well. Davidson was able to eventually break the clinch and land some solid counter punches, but the damage was done and Key earned the judges points as well.

In the second round, interestingly enough, Davidson decided to try his luck at clinching and that, unfortunately for Davidson, proved to be quite the error. Key was able to defend well and again land some stiff knees to Davidson that did their damage. Davidson was able to land some punches sporadically, but he was too winded to really put a lot of strength behind them. Davidson broke the clinch after seeing it just wasn’t happening, and Key shortly afterward landed a thudding overhand right that nailed Davidson behind is left ear.

That one really hurt and sent Davidson to the mat! Key jumped on him like a prostitute stealing money from a sleeping client’s wallet – not that I would know anything about that! – and the referee had no choice but to stop the fight. Key earned the TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT VICTORY and pushed his WIN STREAK TO FIVE. He will next battle Jorge Junior on December 28 for another title defense! Davidson is back in the loss column but has a chance to get right back into the win column when he battles Mateus Gracie on January 10!

The second Welterweight fight transpired between “The Barracuda” Dirk Zeldenthuis (35-11) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – big baaaabbbaaaayyy! – and Mateus Gracie (20-12) of The Tycoon World Order! I don’t know if someone pissed Zeldenthuis off before this fight or he was anxious to get the fight finished so he could go home and have some special holiday food and fun, because after the bell rang, he let the fists fly! However, he did so by way of ground-and-pound, which took some by surprise, because Gracie is well known for his ground fighting ability. I, for one, assumed Dirk would opt to use his very good boxing skills, but hey, he and his management team knew what they were doing!

It didn’t take Dirk long to get this fight to the ground, and Gracie was happy to comply, no doubt. What Gracie didn’t want to comply with was his ability to control enough of the fight on the ground to position himself to finish it. Both fighters displayed excellent ground technique, both in defense as well as offense, specifically the ability to get out of danger then quickly put themselves in a dominant position. However, around the three minute mark, Dirk locked Gracie in the full mount position, pinning his arms to his sides, and landed some heavy, hurtful elbows! Dirk then unloaded punches until Gracie had no choice but to tap out!

Zeldenthuis earned the SUBMISSION VICTORY and is back in the win column with this victory. He can enjoy the holiday season a bit more as he currently has no fight scheduled! Gracie has now LOST TWO IN A ROW but has a chance to break the losing streak when he battles Aaron Davidson on January 10!

The final Welterweight fight of the night placed “The Natural” Avon Barksdale (17-11-1) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – can the man with the intense eyes get a yaaaay yaaaaaayyyyeeee!? – and Knatte Grep (18-8) in the cage of battle! In the first round, Barksdale really demonstrated his standup ability, especially once he locked Grep into a clinch. Barksdale was extremely active and energetic in the first round, initiating a great deal of the action and scoring vital points on the judges’ cards. In the second round, Grep decided to try his luck at the ground game, taking Barksdale to the mat about a minute into the round. Grep struggled to use the ground game to his advantage, and Barksdale was able to defend well, in turn earning the points on the judges’ cards again.

It was obvious that Grep was frustrated and his corner told him he had to finish the fight to win. Grep again tried his hand at the ground game and looked for a submission, but Barksdale was too prepared and had too much energy. The referee stood the fighters up a couple of times in the round then Barksdale, sensing victory, locked Grep in a clinch and kept the fight there until the end. Barksdale earned the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY and SNAPPED A TWO FIGHT LOSING STREAK and will next battle Samuraimo Rassi on January 26! Grep has DROPPED TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and currently has time to address his fighting troubles, as he currently has no fight scheduled!

The lone Featherweight battle on the card took place between “The Soul Snatcher” Alfredo Torres (18-4) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – that’s right baby, make some noise! – and “The Reaper” Grimly Fiendish (20-14)! Torres made it obvious that he wanted to keep this fight a standup affair, and through the first two rounds, that’s exactly what he was able to do. Around the middle of the round, it seemed both fighters were trying to dance rather than fight. There was a takedown, then a standup. A short time after that, another takedown, then another standup. However, the bottom line of the first round was Torres was the man able to impose his will the best and thus, he earned the points on the cards.

Round 2 began with a great deal of action as both men were rather aggressive in their standup attacks! Both warriors displayed solid schooling in punching and kicking techniques, landing various strikes while blocking others. Neither man really landed any vitally punishing blows on the opponent, so Torres changed it up a bit and took the fight to the ground, then quickly decided that he wanted to stay in the standup, stood up and the round finished there. Again, it was Torres who established himself in the round and Fiendish’s corner knew it. They told him that he needed to end the fight, bottom line.

Torres continued his energetic focus on keeping the fight on its feet, and for basically half the round, he did exactly that. However, Torres surprised Fiendish when he picked his moment and took the fight to the ground. Even more surprising was Torres tried to end the fight by locking in a submission, but Fiendish was able to avoid that fate. However, Torres took the points on the cards and earned the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY! Torres SNAPPED A THREE FIGHT LOSING STREAK and currently has a Fight under Offer! Fiendish has now LOST TWO IN A ROW and currently has no scheduled fight, so has time to contemplate what needs to be done to get on the good foot!

The sole Lightweight fight on the card placed “Flash” Gordon LeFleur (27-10) of The Exiled and El Guapo (18-17) across from one another in the cage! I guess someone in the back put some seriously hot chili sauce in LeFleur’s protein drink or spiked his water with caffeine pills, because he was a house of fire in the ring! He was definitely a flash for this fight, moving right in on a, quite honestly, weary looking El Guapo, locking him in a clinch, land a punishing right cross that dazed El Guapo, then landed a few more punches to setup a crunching left uppercut that dropped El Guapo! LeFleur was on him like, well, a flash of light, and the referee had to stop the fight!

LeFleur earned the TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT VICTORY and moved himself back into the win column with this victory and can savor it a while because he currently has no fight scheduled! El Guapo has now LOST TWO IN A ROW and like LeFleur, has some time to relax, analyze and figure out what he wants to do for his next fight!

The first of three Middleweight fights featured “Ragin’” Cajun Xander (33-8-1) of GRABTHE.INFO and Jack “Hammer” Fall (14-5) of The Corporation! The first round of this fight was strictly standup as both men tested their opponent’s ability to land and defend or avoid strikes. Xander chose to test Fall in a clinch that lasted basically the entire first round. Xander was definitely the more aggressive and effective fighter in the clinch, and going into the second round, Fall’s corner told him to change the tone of the fight. He did exactly that by taking the fight to the ground. Once there, Fall tried to land a lot of punches from the ground-and-pound game but wasn’t able to, and eventually Xander was able to wiggle his way out of Fall’s grasp and get back to his feet.

Once Xander was back to his feet, he again let his fists fly and he cut Fall above his right eye with the second part of a two-punch combination. Fall felt the sting of that cut and again took the fight to the ground, looking to submit Xander, but Xander’s defense was too solid. In turn, Xander positioned himself for a submission attempt, but Fall was ready for it and Xander wasn’t able to lock in the submission. Both men attempted one more submission and both failed, but Fall definitely fared better on the ground. Xander’s corner told him to go back to the first round’s gameplan, so Xander locked Fall in the clinch, lit him up with various types of strikes, and eventually Xander wore Fall down enough to land a brutal right uppercut that dazed Fall!

Xander set Fall up for another uppercut and nailed it, dropping fall to the ground. Xander let the fists fly until the referee had to step in, rewarding Xander with the TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT VICTORY! Xander has now WON FOUR FIGHTS IN A ROW and next battles Latka Gravas on January 8! Fall must get himself out of the loss column whenever he next has a fight. For now, he can fine tune what he wants to work on with his management team!

The second Middleweight clash went down between Latka “ver 2.0” Gravas (30-16-1) of Tycoon World Order and Luca “scrapatutti” Turilli (18-10-1)! Turilli began this fight on a serious roll, dropping Gravas with a quick and nasty three-punch combo that also cut Gravas above his right eye! He looked like lighting hit him, but Turilli wanted him to get back to his feet so he could knock him out, and this proved to be an issue. Gravas has a lot of heart and he got back up, gathered himself, then proceeded to cut Turilli above his right eye with a vicious left uppercut! Turilli locked in a clinch and the round finished out that way.

Both fighters’ corners worked on their cuts and told them to use better defense or this will be over quickly! Gravas was the more aggressive warrior in the second round, and despite Turilli locking in a tight clinch, Gravas was able to avoid any damaging strikes from Turilli. Gravas then broke the clinch and won out the round. Turilli’s corner told him that he needed to end the fight or he would lose! Turilli did his best and he was rather aggressive with his techniques, but Gravas was able to be efficient while avoiding any damage.

Turilli locked Gravas in a clinch, looking to do enough damage to drop him to the mat, but it was Gravas who got the better of the clinch, stunning Turilli with a left hook that blasted Turilli’s right temple! Gravas finished strong and earned the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY! Gravas EXTENDS HIS WINNING STREAK TO SIX and next battles Cajun Xander on January 8, as mentioned above. Turilli has now LOST TWO IN A ROW and next battles Dominick Rivaldi on January 8!

The final Middleweight confrontation brought us Abel “Amazin’” Speed (19-8-1) of The Exiled versus Chicken “And” Beef (27-19) of LEGION OF DOOM! The crowd and viewing audience were treated to a standup war, which surprised some because Beef is renowned for having a hard chin, but Speed took his chances and they paid off! Both men were very energetic and aggressive, making for a very entertaining fight. Beef drew first blood with a slicing left elbow above Speed’s right eye, but Speed returned the favor with a quick, snapping right uppercut that opened a cut on the bridge of Beef’s nose!

No more blood would be shed by each man, but they sure did pummel one another with various strikes in the clinch, which occurred for the majority of the fight. Speed utilized his namesake and was able to land the faster, more accurate strikes that scored the vital points on the judges’ cards. Beef definitely gave Speed a run for his money but just didn’t land enough strikes or power shots to sway the judges’ opinions.

Beef wasn’t able to land any effective kicks and I think that threw him off his game just a bit. Speed earned the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY and picks up his SECOND WIN IN A ROW and currently has no fight scheduled! Beef has now LOST FOUR FIGHTS IN A ROW and will try to stop that streak against Angelos Bellanova on January 26!

Another Middleweight battle was scheduled between Josh Matson and Ronaldo Silva, but apparently Matson’s travel plans were snarled, probably due to bad weather flying out of Amsterdam, and thus, this fight had to unfortunately be called a No Contest.

Closing out the night of action-packed fights were the tanks on legs, the consumers of mass quantities…the Super Heavyweights! “The Tyrant” Tony Mendez (44-24), one of the most busy fighter’s in the organization, and French Toast (18-10) of Valhalla– and by the looks of things, he ate plenty of French Toast to prepare for this battle – got down and dirty in the cage! Toast has tremendous BJJ skills and many thought he would take this fight to the ground and make Mendez submit, but that was not the case!

The first round definitely went Toast’s way as he was able to get the heavier man down to the mat and control the action on the ground. He chose to soften Mendez up with some ground-and-pound, and he did have some success landing effective strikes, no doubt, but he never attempted a submission and that proved to be an error. Mendez’s corner implored him to keep the fight standing and let his fists fly! He listened and early in the second round, he landed a quick but surprisingly effective left jab that cut Toast above his right eye. Mendez knew he made Toast wary of his fists so he let his kicks fly and boom, he landed a brutal right head kick that floored Toast!

Mendez jumped on Toast – I know that sounds a little odd – and tried to pound him out, but Toast was able to recover enough to defend the ground-and-pound attack. The referee saw enough, stood both men up and Mendez again surprised Toast with a thunderous right head kick and this time, the referee saw that Toast was in serious trouble and he leapt on Mendez to prevent any further damage! Mendez earned the TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT VICTORY and SNAPPED A TWO FIGHT LOSING STREAK but decided to part ways with his management team, making him a Free Agent.

I have no doubt someone will pick up this capable and wily veteran of many cage wars and see if they can help him finish his career on a strong note! Toast has now LOST THREE FIGHTS IN A ROW and has no fight currently scheduled. He’ll probably hit the gym and work out while playing some of Eazy E’s greatest hits!

All right good people, that’s my time. As always, thank you very much for spending time to review these events with me, I do truly appreciate it, and please keep up with the Steel Penn ICON action as I bring yet another Pay-Per-View Summary, SPFT 138, to you very soon! Take care, be well, Happy Holidays…and I’ll see you at the fights!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/9/9w9.jpg

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST" Yuri Boyka (34136)-''I would love be the first one to Knock you the fuck out Mr. Glorious.You have nothing that I should fear.You like to go to distance however i have no such plans.i have bitches waiting for me back home so waiting ain't my style.i will be the agressor and you will serve as a punching bag.In a matter of few minutes you will face down out cold and i will be heading back home.

• Upvote 1

SPFT 140: Post Pay-Per-View Summary written by Furious Styles

Hello good people, it’s Furious Styles back at the scene of another tremendous post Pay-Per-View summary of a Steel Penn Fighting Temple event! I know it has been a bit of time since you’ve last heard from me and I do apologize for that. As all of you know, various life events can absorb quite a bit of time unexpectedly, but that never stops Steel Penn from holding events that are historical, thrilling and make the fans want more each time!

The Los Angeles Coliseum had yet another small earthquake caused by the raucous mixed martial arts fans that attended the most recent Steel Penn event! I know many football fans speak about the noise that Seahawks fans can cause, or Richard Sherman all by himself, but they’ve got nothing of the great fans that attend these Pay-Per-Views!

SPFT 140 brought us one Featherweight, two Lightweight, two Welterweight, two Middleweight, two Light Heavyweight and one Super Heavyweight battle that will not be soon forgotten. So, as always, let’s bypass the formalities…and let’s get down to business!

The night’s events began with the big boys, the Mack trucks, the bulls known as the Super Heavyweights! “The Power” Willy Stoppers (33-13) of Children of the Law of One and Thiago “Fiote” Tavares (13-4) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – The Alliance in the house! Stoppers had basically a sixty pound advantage over Tavares in this fight and as I see it, the extra weight came in handy, especially for his already powerful punches. Tavares had the right approach in my opinion, trying to chop down the larger man with strong leg kicks, which Tavares was able to land effectively. The first two minutes of this fight saw Tavares landing accurate punches and a couple of kicks, but Stoppers landed more punches then worked his own kicks into his attacks and that seemed to throw Tavares off just a bit.

Tavares blocked a head kick from Stoppers but the power of the kick still managed to cut Tavares, and it seemed to me that this bothered Tavares more than he lead on. He continued to be aggressive in his standup game but his accuracy suffered a bit. In addition, Stoppers was reported to have improved his striking defense and that assisted him, no doubt. Tavares was able to land some solid counter strikes as well, but overall it was Stoppers who landed the more effective and damaging strikes. Tavares stepped up his energy output and level of aggression in the second round, and he was able to land some damaging leg kicks. However, he became a bit sloppy with one kick in particular and nailed Stoppers right in the beanbag! The crowd groaned in understanding pain but Stoppers was able to shake it off after a few minutes and the fight continued.

The low blow seemed to motivate Stoppers and he increased his aggression, landing some hard shots, especially kicks that slowed Tavares. Once Tavares slowed, Stoppers measured him and dropped him with a very fast and strong two-punch combo! Tavares got back to his feet but was on rubbery legs for certain. Stoppers measured him again, and after a failed attempt to get closer to Stoppers to possibly clinch and try to gather himself, Stoppers made Tavares eat a jab and followed it with a vicious jaw-cracking right knee that put Tavares on his back and turned out the lights, giving Stoppers the KNOCKOUT VICTORY!

Stoppers’ knockout victory earned Fight of the Night honors and he’s proud of that. Stoppers fights his way back into the win column after a recent defeat by Neo Kable on Christmas Day so he kicks off his New Year in a very good way. Tavares has a FIVE FIGHT WIN STREAK SNAPPPED but will look to begin a new win streak when he battles Chung Quela!

Moving from heaviest to lightest, the next two fights were Light Heavyweight battles that began with Jamie “Takedown” Gillis (24-15) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – make some noise for the Alliance baby! –and “Deadly” Fullsize Mirror (25-15) of Fat Camp! Now I know that there are some special individuals who become mixed martial artists because let’s be honest, it’s not everyone who can step into a ring or cage with someone else who’s trying to do them harm. However, there are some who seem to exhibit rather odd mental approaches to fighting, and to have a name like Fullsize Mirror? Well, it seems to me that he fits this unusual classification, but hey, to each their own.

Both fighters were pretty evenly matched physically and in terms of fight experience, so the better prepared man was going to win this battle. Mirror nailed Gillis with a stinging right hook that opened up a cut above Gillis’ left eye. Gillis was able to land a few punches of his own in the clinch but decided to take the fight to the ground where he felt he had a distinct advantage. Mirror definitely didn’t want to stay on the ground and he did his best to end the fight quickly with multiple submission attempts. However, Gillis was too skilled and prepared for those attempts and controlled the action to score the necessary points on the judges’ cards.

Gillis began the second round far better than he did in the first, finding his punching and kicking range much faster and hitting Mirror with scoring strikes. He didn’t do any major damage but he was setting up Mirror for another takedown, which he managed a little after a minute into the round. Mirror again attempted a submission ending but to no avail and Gillis controlled the action again to finish the round and score the points. In the third round, it was more of the same action with Gillis getting the takedown, but surprisingly he opted to slow the action and made the referee stand both men up. Gillis elected to finish the fight standing toe-to-toe with Mirror instead of taking him down, but he did enough to win the fight by UNANIMOUS DECISION!

Gillis SNAPPED A TWO FIGHT LOSING STREAK so his New Year is also off to a very good start. Mirror finds himself back in the L column and will surely look to get out of that as soon as possible.

The other Light Heavyweight battle unfolded between Jinhai Yoshida (5-2) of Children of the Law of One and Matt Santos (13-9) of The Unholy Outlaws! I don’t know if Santos insulted Yoshida’s mother or something of that nature, but both of these men were quite aggressive and Yoshida went into a bloodlust! A nasty left cross from Yoshida opened up a cut above Santos’ right eye and that was just the beginning! Both men gave and took solid punches and kicks, and Santos returned the blood favor by tagging Yoshida with a slicing right elbow that opened a cut above Yoshida’s left eye!

Yoshida seriously got pissed off after that elbow and you could see the determination in his face! After a battle of who could take more than the other man with elbows, knees, and punches being thudded into each other’s bodies, Yoshida shifted the momentum to his favor with a head-snapping right hook that definitely dazed Santos! After mixing it up a bit more, Yoshida returned the slicing elbow favor and planted a brutal left elbow right on the cut above Santos’ right eye and opened it up even more. Yoshida’s eyes got wide when he saw the blood flow and he focused directly on that cut. Yoshida managed to slip a stiff left hook right on the cut that caused the blood to flow steadily and also made Santos wince in pain!

Yoshida basically stared right at the cut and despite Santos’ best efforts, he wasn’t able to keep Yoshida from punching the cut again and causing it to turn his face into a crimson mask! Santos was in serious trouble at this point and Yoshida knew it. He measured Santos and unleashed a brain-rattling right uppercut that dropped Santos to one knee! Santos was able to keep himself from falling but that proved to not help much at all, because Yoshida measured him again and blasted him with a left uppercut that loosened some of Santos’ teeth! Santos hit the mat, Yoshida leapt on him and the referee had no choice but to step in, giving the TECHNICAL KNOCKOUT victory to Yoshida!

Yoshida EXTENDS HIS WIN STREAK TO THREE and currently awaits a fight offer to be accepted! Santos has now LOST TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW so he will want to get off the snide as soon as possible!

The first Middleweight battle went down between Jack “Hammer” Fall (15-5) of The Corporation and Ronaldo “The Masquerade” Silva (24-12) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – can I get a what what!? Though both men have standup skill, the assumption was this was going to be a ground battle and for those who guessed that, they were absolutely correct. After trading standup techniques, Fall took the fight to the ground and very aggressively looked to end the fight by way of submission! Silva kept calm and avoided allowing himself to be caught in any submission holds and controlled the action to end the round. The second round was more of the same with Fall scoring the takedown. However, Silva was able to slow the action enough to force the referee to stand both men up, and not long after that occurred, Silva was able to open up a cut over Fall’s left eye by using a very stiff right jab that caught Fall off guard.

However, Fall stuck with his approach to the fight and again took the action to the ground. It seemed the judges favored Silva in that round due to his effective striking and ability to avoid damage on the ground. In the final round, Fall knew he had to finish the fight or he could very well lose by decision, and his corner also told him to end the fight to make sure there were no possibilities of losing by decision. Silva aggressively took the fight to the ground but it was Fall who used that aggression against Silva! Once on the ground, Fall played a bit of possum and allowed Silva to overcommit to trying to gain better positioning.

Fall suddenly locked in a Guillotine that was cinched in tightly and quickly! Silva knew he was in trouble and did his best to escape, but it was too little too late and he was forced to tap out! Fall earned the SUBMISSION VICTORY and Fight of the Night honors as well! He is back in the win column. Silva falls – no pun intended – back into the loss column after this fight but will no doubt work diligently to overcome that.

The final Middleweight fight placed Glenn Carson (24-13-1) of LEGION OF DOOM and “Mean Mugging” John Malham (24-19) of FinnFighters in the cage across from one another! The first round was a standup war that the crowd very much appreciated and enjoyed! Both men landed some hard shots and kept asking for more. Carson was able to get the better of the standup once he was able to lock Malham into a very tight and effective clinch, though Malham’s defense kept him from taking serious damage. The second round began with the clinch dance that began in the first and again, Carson was a bit more effective here than Malham was.

Malham finally got out of the clinch near the end of the round and shook Carson’s spine with a strong right head kick that cut Carson above his left eye and shook him just a bit! Malham opted to go back into the clinch after the snapping head kick, which was a bit odd, but he took no damage so it wasn’t bad. Going into the final round, one would assume that Malham would do his best to keep the fight at striking distance, but he allowed Malham to get into a clinch again and this proved costly. Carson was able to score effective strikes and gather his senses, and both of those factors worked against Malham. After some time, Malham was able to break the clinch but at that point, Carson had the energy and confidence he needed to go toe-to-toe with Malham and get the better of him. Right before the bell rang, Carson rocked Malham with a two-punch combination that dazed Malham and scored the final necessary points that helped

Carson earn the UNANIMOUS DECISION!

Carson SNAPPED A TWO FIGHT LOSING STREAK so he’s feeling good about himself after recent struggles! Malham has now LOST TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and I’m sure his management team will do their best to help him turn his recent struggles around!

Moving into the Welterweight division fights on the card, the action began by pitting Mateus Gracie (22-12) of International Cocksmen and “Donkey Style AKA Badonk-a” Don Key (30-9-2) of The Broken Halo Pride in the cage! Key was a punching machine early in this fight, punishing Gracie with a painful flurry of punches, specifically uppercuts and crosses that really sent a message and let Gracie know that punching with Key was going to be hell! Gracie got the message loud and clear and went to work on Key’s legs with fast, accurate and strong kicks, which allowed Gracie to gather himself from the earlier onslaught. Once Gracie settled in, he began to land some punches of his own and it became obvious that he was comfortable, his fighting experience taking over quickly.

After both warriors traded offensive and defensive techniques, Gracie changed the course of the round by taking Key to the ground and attempting to make him submit! Key was able to avoid tapping out but Gracie controlled the action on the ground and getting the nod from the judges on their scorecards. The second round began as another standup war which neither combatant really had an advantage in as I saw it, so Gracie again took the fight to the ground. This time Key was able to slow things down enough to where the referee stood the fighters up, but shortly afterward, Key wasn’t able to keep Gracie from taking the fight to the ground again. Key was able to once again force another referee standup, but Gracie again took Key to the ground and finished the round there, scoring the vital points on the scorecards. Key’s corner told him that he had to finish the fight to win because it was too close to call.

Gracie was able to land some body shots, and in culmination with the multiple take downs, it seemed Key ran out of energy. Once fatigued, Key was able to be taken to the mat again and Gracie, sensing Key’s energy drain, went for the submission finish! It took him three attempts because Key had enough in his tank to fight Gracie off, but Gracie was just too relentless and finally locked in a Triangle! Key knew he was in trouble but he simply ran out of steam and had to tap out, giving Gracie the SUBMISSION VICTORY as well as Submission of the Night honors!

Gracie WON HIS SECOND FIGHT IN A ROW and may very well win a third if he wears that very distracting shirt with that partially nude young lady on the front. Wow! Don Key has NOW LOST TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and is no doubt anxious to get his fortunes turned around quickly!

The final Welterweight battle of the evening transpired between “Kaunto Sento” Mitsuyo Maeda (15-8-1) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – we represent even in the Far East baby! – and “Indio” Simeon Malaya (24-9), also of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE! Again, the inter-Alliance battles are cool with us because we’re a family-oriented alliance, but I know Maeda will be giving Malaya grief at the next BBQ get together we have, that’s for sure. Maeda was extremely aggressive from the get-go, wanting to establish the tone and himself in this fight. Malaya was able to land an occasional punch or kick, but for the most part, the strikes came from Maeda. After he felt he slowed Malaya just enough, Maeda took the fight to the ground.

Malaya was able to avoid any serious damage plus control Maeda enough to force the referee to stand them up, but shortly afterward, Maeda took the fight right back down to the ground.

Malaya attempted to catch Maeda off guard with a last-second Triangle but Maeda was ready for it and the time for the round ran out. In the second round, Maeda took the fight to the ground and kept it there. He wasn’t able to punish Malaya the way he wanted to, but he controlled the fight enough to gain the advantage on the scorecards, which was definitely enough for that round. Malaya’s corner told him that he had to stop Maeda to win this fight, plain and simple. Maeda’s corner told him to keep doing what he was doing and he’s got the fight in the bag.

Maeda took the fight to the ground again early, but after some struggling for position by both men, Malaya managed to get back to his feet and dared Maeda to stand and bang! Maeda followed suit, which his corner really didn’t like too much, but he held his own despite Malaya trying to drop him. Maeda finished the fight appropriately by taking it to the ground one last time to finish it out and earn the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY! Maeda has now WON TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and is currently awaiting an offer to be accepted for his next fight! Malaya has a THREE FIGHT WIN STREAK SNAPPED so he’ll have to hear about that for a while as well. He can take it though so I’m sure he’s not worried about it.

Next up were the Lightweights, beginning with Zophiel Furfur (22-9) of Evolution Fight Clan and Kirill “anaconda” Petrov (28-19) of The Exiled! Many fans in attendance expected a standup war and that’s what they were treated to, at least in the first round! Good striking and defense were shown by both men and it was apparent that Petrov wanted to take this fight into the clinch. What did he get for his efforts? An errant knee to the groin that Furfur apologized profusely about but nonetheless, it took some wind out of Petrov for certain! Petrov gathered himself and kept up his efforts, finally locking in a clinch. However, Furfur was the more aggressive and effective fighter in the clinch so that plan backfired on Petrov.

In the second round, Petrov decided to take his chances by taking the fight to the ground, but not after trying his luck in the clinch again. After realizing that the clinch just wasn’t happening for him, he eventually got Furfur to the ground and tried his best to make him tap out, but Furfur was able to defend himself very well and finished the round ahead on the score cards. Petrov’s corner told him that he needed to finish the fight to win and there was no other way. Petrov did his best to finish the fight on the ground, but Furfur was able to not only avoid the submission but also slowed the action down a great deal by controlling Petrov. The crowd even began to boo a bit because of the slowdown, but it enabled Furfur to finish the fight and earn

the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY!

Furfur STRETCHED HIS WIN STREAK TO FOUR and continues to position himself for a possible title shot. Petrov has now DROPPED TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and next battles Ash Campbell!

The last Lightweight fight occurred between Raul Portugis (21-10-1) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – loud and proud baby! – and Guy Kopec (13-13) of Public Enemy! The first two rounds of this fight were nearly identical with both warriors choosing to stand and throw hands and feet! Kopec has shown the ability to take a solid shot and keep right on going, and that was on display here as he took some strong punches from Portugis. Kopec was able to land some solid pops of his own but it wasn’t enough to win over the judges. Near the end of the round, Kopec changed his approach and took the fight to the mat, but Portugis had enough skill and energy to avoid any major damage and finish the round.

The second round wound up going to the ground around the four minute mark, but again, Portugis had too much energy and defensive ability to allow himself to be caught in a submission. Kopec’s corner told him that he needed to knock Portugis out or he would lose the fight! Kopec got what he wanted because Portugis was willing to trade toe-to-toe but Kopec wasn’t able to take advantage, and in fact, it was Portugis who got the better of that exchange to finish out the round and the fight. Portugis earned the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY and has now WON TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW and will have some time to savor this victory. Kopec has now DROPPED THREE FIGHTS IN A ROW and currently has a fight under offer!

Last but not least, Tad Ghostal (32-13) of Tycoon World Order and The Farmboy” Mateus Allen 23-8) of THE STEEL PENN ALLIANCE – you know what time it is! Ghostal wanted to keep this fight standing and Allen felt he could be more effective on the ground where he had the weight advantage. During the standup portion of the first round, Ghostal was the more accurate striker and jumped ahead on the score cards. Allen was able to eventually get the fight to the ground, but he wasn’t able to take advantage of the situation and fell behind on the score.

The second round was spent in both the stand up and the clinch. In both situations, Ghostal continued to be the more effective fighter and Allen became frustrated by his inability to land stronger, more damaging shots on Ghostal. When the round ended, Allen’s corner told him to take the fight to the ground and try to make Ghostal tap because in the standup, it just wasn’t happening. Allen took the fight to the ground but Ghostal tried to surprise Allen with a quick submission attempt. Allen was too determined to let Ghostal make him tap, but that took time out of the fight and Allen simply didn’t have the time to try more submissions and thus, Ghostal went on to earn the UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY!

Ghostal fought his way back into the winning side of life and is enjoying it! Allen has now DROPPED TWO FIGHTS IN A ROW so he has his work cut out for him when he next fights!

Well ladies and gentlemen, there you have it and I thank you very much for joining me for another Steel Penn Fighting Temple event summary. I hope you enjoyed the fights and will be in attendance for the next SPFT event coming up soon! As always, Steel Penn strives to bring you the top quality in fights, products, and high quality gyms that enable you to improve as a fighter. Take care, be well…and I’ll see you at the next fights!

• 4 weeks later...

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST" Yuri Boyka (34136)-''I would love be the first one to Knock you the fuck out Mr. Glorious.You have nothing that I should fear.You like to go to distance however i have no such plans.i have bitches waiting for me back home so waiting ain't my style.i will be the aggressor and you will serve as a punching bag.In a matter of few minutes you will face down out cold and i will be heading back home. ''

• 2 weeks later...

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST" Yuri Boyka (34136)-''What did I tell you Glorious?? You did very well serving as my punching bag.You were close to being Knocked out but anyway i got a win.I am fine with that.See ya, i have got to catch a flight for Russia. ''

• 2 months later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41b7.jpg

Cristiano Nascimento (22-14)

"At the beginning, I would like to thank the organization for the extension of the contract with me, have not had the opportunity, as I prepared to fight with Faber. As for the previous duel, I would like to thank Faber for the fight, maybe even in the future meet. I would like to send a formal request to the organizers of the struggle of John L Sullivan IV, I think it would give a good show and pokazalibyśmy beauty of this sport."

• 4 months later...

The Steel Penn Fighting Temple of Evil is looking to build up all of our weight classes

To help out. please pm for a contract http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/14102953361319991724SPFTbig.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=97827

• 2 months later...

BREAKING NEWS

I have officially taken over Steel Penn Fighting Temple of Evil. I am here to bring this org to the top where it belongs.

New Staff

I am current owner of Darkness clothing store and will keep in control and be staff here but have full control.

I have brought in Andrew Cole who will help with the general running of the org.

Aims

• We aim to take the org back to the top 10 as quick as possible. we know this will be a long road and will continue to work untill we find the right formula.
  • We have decided to open up the 145,155 and 265+ as 255id divisions. As we are looking to build a foundation for new and young fighters coming out of this org.
  • We are recruiting in all divsions and will be actively picking up fighters and looking to build contacts throughout the game to make sure me are well respected and ultimately well known.

PM in game if you want a contract

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=58037

or

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=12780

• Upvote 1

If you win a Belt in our org and hold it for 3 title defenses you will win 3 month VIP.

3 successful title defenses = 3 months VIP

• 2 weeks later...

If you win a Belt in our org and hold it for 3 title defenses you will win 3 month VIP.

3 successful title defenses = 3 months VIP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Steel Penn Fighting Temple – SPFT 219

Hilo – Hula’s Arena
24th January 2015

Lou Ferrigno vs. Freddy Steel – 265lbs

Lou comes into this fight very much a submission specialist. From his 27 wins 15 of them have been finished via submission. He has shown the ability to KO his opponents but submissions will be his key to this fight. Steel is one of the best wrestlers going. He has shown the ability to take people down almost at will, but he is equally efficient at making his opponents carry his weight in the clinch. He has great knees once in there and also his dirt boxing is fantastic. Ferrigno has been KOed 11 times thus far in his career and Steel has nasty KO power, I don’t see Ferrigno beating the wrestling of Steel in this one, Steel for a KO win.

Prediction: Steel via KO

Antonio Montana vs. Glenn Benton – 170lbs TITLE FIGHT

Montana’s best attribute is his chin. He has faced absolute killers in his 60 fight plus career and only been KOed 4 times. He is a stand up fighter by trade, with deadly kicks and fight ending punching power. Benton comes into every fight with bad intentions, looking to end fights early with his boxing skills. The difference in this fight may come down to durability as both men possess power. Benton has been KOed 13 times showing his chin is touchable and fragile. Montana will win this fight in my opinion and retain his title.

Result: Montana via TKO

Bryan Habana vs. John Mayhem – 185lbs TITLE FIGHT

Habana is a jack of all trades type of fighter. He has numerous KOs on his record as well as submission victories. He is also good in close quarters having shown to excel in the clinch whilst grinding on his opponents. Mayhem will look to defend his title for the first time since winning it. To help him defend successfully he will look to rely on his powerful boxing and deadly kicking ability. This will be a tough fight and will more than likely be contested on the feet, and I see that battle going the way of Mayhem who has shown fight ending potential.

Prediction: Mayhem via TKO

Billy Bob vs. Enrique "dragon" Molito – 135lbs TITLE FIGHT

Billy Bob comes in looking to defend his newly won title, he will look to use his other-worldy KO power finishing 24 of 26 wins via (T)KO. What he may lack in MT skills he makes up for in aggression in his boxing and dynamite in his fists. Bob also looks to use his wrestling often, however he has seen mixed results using it. Molito has a record of 24-3-1. A very good record indeed. He has KO power but he is also capable of sitting back and picking his shots. However, he comes into this fight battling depression, something that has bothered him throughout his career. I think Bob will overwhelm Molito with aggression forcing Moltio to lose.

Prediction: Bob via TKO

Benny Winkler vs. Kyle Collins – 265lbs

Winkler is like most heavyweights, powerful. He has some boxing skills aided by his defensive wrestling and powerful fists. Collins is a fantastic wrestler with great kicks. He is excellent in the clinch, he has finished his opponents 4 times via TKO out of his 4 wins. It seems he only knows 1 way to win and that is to finish. I see Collins being too aggressive for Winkler to handle, gaining himself another TKO win

Prediction: Collins via TKO

UNDERCARD

Domino "DK" Kennedy vs. Waffle Stomper – 145lbs

Kennedy sports big time KO power in both his fists and his knees. Also possessing capable defensive wrestling, good enough to keep him on his feet to KO. Stomper is a ground and pound specialist winning both his fights via TKO from ground and pound. However getting Kennedy down to the mat may be a challenge and Kennedy will probably end up getting another finish. It looks like this fight may not be happening as Stomper is still some way off being on weight.

Prediction: Kennedy via KO

Darby Gordon vs. James Penn – 205lbs

Gordon is a KO machine or was a KO machine. Since leaving he island he is having trouble winning. Penn excels on the floor, wrapping up submission easily. In his last few fights he has showcased improved boxing skills, leading me to believe he will win this fight by possessing the better all round skills.

Prediction: Penn via UD

Tuma Krapala vs. Christian Johansson – 170lbs

Krapala has been struggling, failing to achieve an even record. He has shown his KO power and recently his ground skills. Johansson has been on a roll, using his great level changes into takedowns and his slick boxing skills. Krapala stands a chance but I see Johansson out working him for the victory.

Prediction: Johnasson via UD

Chris "The Nightmare" Palmer vs. "The General" Vladimir Petrov – 265lbs

Both men are well rounded finishers, but in the end it may come down to who gets finished more goes home the loser. And Petrov has been finished 7 times in 21 fights, by submission and KO, I think Palmer will be able to exploit the icky striking defence or the sceptical ground defence.

Prediction: Palmer via KO

Kalesh Nikov vs. Tony "Qualified" Gee – 205lbs

Nikov has great wrestling and capable boxing skills, but he may not be able to overcome his one weakness, that weakness is he has a chin made from porcelain. He has been KOed 18 times, I feel sorry for what brains he has left. Gee has got KO power and also some dangerous submissions, he is a threat in numerous places. He may very well rain on Nikov’s debut as he can shift from striking to grappling so seamlessly. I feel Gee may touch Nikov’s chin and it will be all over.

Prediction: Gee via TKO

Hope you enjoyed this, it will be a good night of fighting with 3 titles on the line.

See ya soon

Michael “The Wolf” Brakeley

• Upvote 2

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/JohnMayhem_zpse9d33d13.jpg

John Mayhem (122695)

"Bryan Habana, I put in a lot of hours in the gym, and trained like never before to help me win this title, and I have no plans on giving it up any time soon. There are those who think I'm past my prime, but I came here to prove them wrong, and you are definitely not going to stand in my way! And always remember the first rule of Project Mayhem....Never forget to wear your cup!"

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14222130211.png

The Steel Penn Fighting Temple – SPFT 220

31st January
Arena – Hula’s (17,850)

SPFT comes back to Hula’s to inaugurate the 205lbs champion, the winner of Datsik and Conteh will be strapped with gold around their waists as they exit. To round off the card the SPFT team have booked rising youngsters and experienced veterans to show the fans a solid display of MMA.

Viacheslav Datsik vs. John Conteh – 205lbs TITLE FIGHT

The main event and main attraction of the evening is a fight to decide the Light Heavyweight champion. Datsik enters the fight on his debut for SPFT after facing some of the best fighters over at EVO, however he is also 38 well past the prime for most fighters, many will be wondering if he still has ‘it’. Datsik’s skills revolve around his boxing at range and his clinch game. He likes to work the body in close and come over the top with elbows. He has power in his fists as shown by his 22 (T)KO wins, most of them are from his dirty boxing. Conteh is a similar fighter as he uses his fantastic wrestling to instigate clinches where he lands short and powerful clubs from his huge fists to his opponent’s heads. He also works at range superbly with his speedy boxing skills but he isn’t afraid to throw with bad intentions as he has been known to cleanly separate opponents from consciousness. This fight will be closely contested with both excelling in the clinch but Conteh appears to be able to take a good punch with crumbling in a heap.

Prediction: Conteh via TKO

Phantom Troupe vs. Kekoa "Killer" Konani – 265lbs +

Troupe a natural welterweight is fighting a natural middleweight in this fight. Both are submission experts with the majority of their fights never seeing the judges’ scorecards. Again both are undefeated, both 6-0. I do not see this fight staying standing for long, one of them will drag it to the ground. The difference there will be the determination of each fighter and at this point I think Konani will overwhelm Troupe is in low spirits at the moment and may be overwhelmed quickly

Prediction: Konani

"Black Belt Jones" Jim Kelly vs. Alistair Blackwood – 265lbs

Both men have many similarities to one another, as they have massive amounts of power they can generate and both are prone to getting violently knocked out cold also. They live and die by the sword. Whilst Kelly has the better MT, Blackwood has the better ground game. However the winner of this will be the one who wins on the feet, and Kelly has been living homeless recently and his morale is poor this will allow Blackwood to capitalise on that and smash him quickly.

Prediction: Blackwood via KO

Travis "The Terror" Riley vs. Manu Tuilagi – 170lbs

Riley is primarily a stand up fighter, preferring to make use of his boxing and MT to out-score or KO his opponents. He has shown his willingness to fight in the clinch also but does his best work at range. Tuilagi prefers to seek takedowns and work for submissions, he is an all rounder type and does not excel anywhere. I see Riley being able to stop Tuilagi’s attempts to grapple and out strike him, leaving with a TKO win

Prediction: Riley via TKO

Marco Polo vs. Pale "hi" Monster – 155lbs

Polo is a BJJ specialist, often seeking submissions and his stand up is lacking. Monster is also a submission expert with perhaps slightly better wrestling that his opponent. He also has a lack of stand up skills, again I see the majority of this fight taking place on the ground. On the floor it will be very close but I feel Monster’s long lay off will work in his favour as he has honed more skills and will pull off another submission.

Prediction: Monster via submission

UNDERCARD FIGHTS

Pawel Aleksewicz vs. Andy "Side" Burns – 155lbs

Burns is the more complete fighter and should be able to take this one.

Deanthony "Speedy" Wagner vs. Puna "Loco" Wai – 155lbs

Wagner should be able to utilise his reach advantage to win the fight wherever it takes place.

Abiodun "Have Some More" Havilah vs. Joaquin Bordado – 170lbs

Havilah should have an easy fight on his hands here, the slightest aggression from him and I feel Bordado will fall.

Hans Lankari vs. Bruce Banner – 135lbs

Banner should be able to use the fact he is unknown to surprise many people including his opponent who is past his prime

"Ferocious" Franklin Diggins vs. Roland Fredriksson – 205lbs

Both have losing records but Freriksson has more durability and should be able to overwhelm Diggins for the win

Hope you enjoyed this instalment of SPFT’s rise to the top. See ya soon,

Michael “TheWolf” Brakeley

• Upvote 2

Great stuff Mr. Wolf.

Remember - Defend a belt in SPFT 3 times in a row and win 3 months VIP.

MMA TODAY with Mac Jones and Rickson Cozad

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones- Good evening everybody, and welcome to MMA Today. I'm your host, Mac Jones...

Cozad- And I'm former heavyweight fighter Rickson Cozad, here to bring you all the latest MMA news from your favorite org, The Steel Penn Fighting Temple- Icon.

Jones- This is a new format for us, and we are very excited to be here at SPFT. We will be bringing you periodic updates and news about all of your favorite fighters and upcoming fights and events.

Cozad- Right off the bat, I gotta say I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for SPFT 221, coming at us in just four days at Hula's here in Hilo, Hawaii.

Jones- That is a great card. Two title fights headline the action, as Glenn Benton defends his crown against Bob Koff and Asko Vilenius squares off against Kyle Collins.

Cozad- Title fights are always interesting, and two in one night is just a great deal for fans and fighters alike. These are high profile fights, and should result in a packed house at the Hilo arena.

Jones- Benton has been an absolute animal lately. Despite being rocked early in his last fight, he quickly turned the tables and earned a knockout victory of his own. This guy has progressed a lot in his career as a mixed martial artist, but still hasn't forgotten his roots as a brawler.

Cozad- There's no doubt about it, Benton can definitely throw hands with anyone in the division. If Koff is going to keep this competitive, he will have to find a way to get Benton off of his feet and keep the fight on the mat.

Jones- On paper, it does look like a classic grappler versus striker match-up, but we will just have to see what the fighters have in store for us February 7. You just never know what kind of game plan a fighter will put together in his camp.

Cozad- It's going to be a great fight, either way. And then, in the co-main event, another huge title fight as Asko Vilenius takes on a very game Kyle Collins.

Jones- Vilenius is on an eight fight rip, and is undefeated since coming to SPFT. So far he appears comfortable in every aspect of the fight, moving from distance to clinch to the ground with ease.

Cozad- I think Vilenius is going to be looking for big knockout number fifteen. When you've got a weapon like his explosive power, you'd be a fool not to use it.

Jones- That being said, Kyle Collins is no pushover. He is riding a three fight win streak of his own, and will definitely be looking to add another head to his trophy case.

Cozad- No matter who comes out on top, this is going to be a great night of fights, one that no fan of MMA is going to want to miss.

Jones- So tune in here, at SPFT for MMA Today and more coverage of your favorite fights and fighters at the org we all call home, SPFT-Icon. Again, I'm Mac Jones...

Cozad- And I'm Rickson Cozad, and this has been MMA Today.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w4.jpg

@InaBlundell

Kalesh Nikov, a phony name if I ever heard one mate. Dont worry though, the Russia connotations of your name dont scare me. Its a shame that your not a bolt action rifle, cause frankly that might have helped you string together a few consecutive wins. #Yolo #BlundellGang #HYPE #MMA #AimHIGHER

• Upvote 1

Hello SPFT fans, and welcome to MMA Today. I'm standing outside of Facebreaker Striking Academy in Hilo, hoping to catch a few words with the new Super Heavyweight Champion, Buzz Killington. Killington turned the division on its head with an upset victory, and we are fortunate to get a chance to talk to him today.

Cozad: Hey, Buzz, how's it going?

Killington: I'm feeling great, preparing for my first title defense here at SPFT

Cozad: You came in as a dark horse to take the SPFT gold from Freddy Steel. Does being the champion change anything for you?

Killington: For me nothing, I'm still training hard, but it changed the way people see me. After loosing my first 3 fights at SPFT I showed class with Freddy who was a tough competitor.

Cozad: The super heavyweight division has a fairly deep roster. Who do you think is next in line for a shot at your title?

Killington: It's not my job to set succession. Whoever the owner will put in the opposite corner I will face him, and break him.

Cozad: Phantom Troupe is undefeated, an highly regarded by fans and critics as a top contender. Do you see any threat there?

Killington: If this guy will survive a single round with without getting his head chopped I will say that he is a young MMA talent.

Man, look at his opponents. Any serious fighters. It doesn't matter that he is a bad fighter, but he hasn't been tested yet. And title fight against me will be the biggest test of his fucking MMA career.

Cozad: How about Ron Artest? He is another fighter in your division who has been making a name for himself of late.

Killington: He is a young prospect. The most talented player in Super Heavy in my opinion, interesting fighter but not ready to bring me down.

Cozad: After dropping to 265, you lost a shot at the title against Asko Vilenius. Do you plan in staying at 265 or returning permanently to 265+?

Killington: Asko is a true warrior, it was a great chance to compete against one of the best fighters in this org. Right now I want to defend my title 2-3 times, but making Vilenius - Killington 2 and taking his belt is my long-term plan.

Cozad: How do you feel about your time spent at SPFT?

Killington: It's like a rollercoaster, cause I lost my first 3 fights here and then won the title.

Cozad: What are your plans for the future? Where do you see your career heading from here?

Killington: Like I said, my plan is to get 265 and 265+ lbs titles. My weight is between this two categories, so this will make me the best fighter in the org.

Cozad: Thank you for taking the time to participate in this interview.

Killington: Thanks for the interview.

• Upvote 1

Rickson Cozad: Welcome to another edition of MMA Today with your host, Rickson Cozad. Today I caught up with new Heavyweight Champion Kyle Collins, and was lucky enough to get a few words from him. Hey Kyle, thanks for taking a minute to talk to us. You're almost unblemished in your run at SPFT, tearing a warpath straight to the heavyweight title. How does it feel to be champion?

Collins: It's great man! I'd been waiting for the opportunity to fight for the belt, and when I got the opportunity I knew I couldn't let it slip.

Cozad: Now that you've decisively ended the Benny Winkler feud, do you have any words for him?

Collins: Haha! I wouldn't really call it a feud. He landed a good shot on me in the first fight, but I had the first two rounds. Not to take anything away from him, he's a good dude but I still think it was a fluke. I had to get him back, and I did...twice... Na but seriously, I have nothing bad to say about him, he wanted a war and we put on a show. Not much more you can ask for in an opponent.

Cozad: Who do you think deserves the next shot at the strap?Collins:That's a tough one. There is a good amount of top level guys in the division, so I'm sure whoever ends up with the title shot will deserve it. I just hope whoever it is will show up ready for a scrap.

Cozad:Any plans of moving up or down in weight class to face new challengers?

Collins: I'm just taking it one step at the time, if you asked me that after my fifth title defence then maybe. But for now I'm happy where I'm at. Plenty of time for that later on!

Cozad: Want to make any shoutouts or call outs?

Collins: Shoutout to my team man, those guys know how to fight! Most of them have fights coming up so I'm back to being a fan for a little bit haha. No call outs, I'm at the top of the food chain so it's up to everyone else to do the talking.

Cozad: Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us today.

Collins:No problem man, thank you.

Mail from: Steel Penn - ICON

• Upvote 1

Great work puebloescobart

This is Mac Jones with MMA Today. I'm fortunate enough to catch a few minutes with James Penn, Hello, James. Welcome to the show.

You are obviously a very experienced and respected grappler, but you made your debut in mixed martial arts matches. Which style of combat do you prefer?

Penn - My father started me off in BJJ and it was all I knew for the first half of my life. Once I started in the public gyms and seen the younger fighters who where more versed in the arts then I was it made my jealous. I felt like a one trick pony so I turned to these younger fighters and asked to join them in their training sessions. Next thing you know I'm an MMA fighter. No turning back now.

Jones-Your only loss in a pure grappling match was in the TWGC 4 finals. Any thoughts or plans on avenging that L?

Penn-Yes sir. I felt I was the better grappler and still do. Next time I will not fail myself or my fans.

Jones-As an MMA fighter, you have had a wry successful start to your career, wracking up a number of wins in quick succession. Are there any heads in your division you'd like to put on the chopping block?

Penn-If the division is a chopping block you better get a bigger basket. All heads are on the block. I want to be clear to the rest of the division, the org for that matter. I am coming for you all, and hell is coming with me.

Jones-Do you feel that being managed by Steel Penn himself has afforded you any benefits in this org? Do you see a possible conflict of interest in this arrangement?

Penn-Steel Penn is a back room pen pushing geek who could not run an org if he tried. There should be no conflict here as Steel has un bias staff doing the match making in the org so all should be fair.

Jones-What is your proudest moment as a fighter? What was your biggest win to date, in your own opinion?

Penn-I have not experienced that moment your referring to yet. I want a belt and nothing else matter. I'm not looking to be second best and until I get a belt I'm just a challenger.

Jones-Have you face anyone that you would like to meet in the cage again?

Penn - I try not to look backwards so, no. All that matters is who is next.

Jones-Where do you see your career going from here?

Penn- Well, I see myself holding a belt or two in this org before my days here are done.

Jones-Any last words for the fans, or the other fighters in your division?

Penn - To my fans, thank you for the support it means the world to me. As for the division, I will talk to each one of you in the cage.

Jones-Thanks for taking the time to talk with us. It's been a pleasure. -

Penn-The pleasure was all mine. Thank you.

MMA TODAY with Mac Jones and Rickson Cozad

-------------------------

Cozad: Good evening, fight fans, and welcome back to another edition of MMA Today. I'm Rickson Cozad.

Jones: And I'm Mac Jones. At Steel Penn-ICON, we've been watching the drama unfold in several divisions as titles change hands, and those who could be the next champion battle it out for the chance to sit next upon the throne.

Cozad: They say a fighter is only as good as his last fight. Today, we are going to take a look at the champions at Steel Penn-ICON and their last fight, be it a title defense or their assent to the highest place in their respective divisions.

Jones: I want to start with the little guys, because honestly Tyrion Lannister is one of my favorite fighters here at ICON. This guy has street cred, having held belts in three consecutive organizations. He has an iron chin, world class grappling skills and the heart to go five rounds with anyone in front of him.

Cozad: Despite being finished in his ICON debut, suffering the only knockout loss of his career at the hands of Lager Assassin, Lannister has since then redeemed himself.

Jones: In his last title defense, which happened at SPFT 222, Lannister faced knockout artist Billy Bob, and had the chance to prove that his debut loss was a fluke. Bob cut Lannister very early in the fight with some vicious punches, but after that it was all Lannister.

Cozad: I thought the fight was boring. I'm sorry, but it was basically Lannister holding Billy Bob to the ground while Billy Bob squirmed around underneath of him. Not too much happened, and everyone went home a little richer.

Jones: I felt that it showed a dominant grappling performance by a master of submission defense. Billy Bob tried to shoot every submission in the book from the bottom position, but Lannister held him at bay and controlled the position and pace of the fight.

Cozad: To each his own. I like to see fighters fight each other. Maybe it's just me, but I like to see a fighter try to finish a fight. And that, my friends, brings us to the ICON 170 lb champion, Glenn Benton. This guy just has a ton of heart and experience, and he will do anything he can to finish a fight, every time he steps in the cage. Only fifteen of his fifty two fights have gone to decision.

Jones: Unfortunately, almost as many have been the result of him getting flatlined. A lot of people wondered how this guy managed to get the belt, and nobody was more surprised than me when turned his game around.

Cozad: Benton's last fight is the perfect example of the type of fight that the 170 lb champ brings to the table. At SPFT 221, he put his strap on the line against Bob Koff, and won by way of decisive knockout after more than twenty grueling minutes of back and forth scrapping.

Jones: I have to hand it to Koff, he was able to hit several takedowns through tour the fight. However, once on the ground Benton was able to escape or force the referee to stand them up. And those takedowns Koff scored came at great price; he attempted to take the fight to the mat fifty three times.

Cozad: In the end, Benton's determination to finish the fight prevailed. Koff barely made it past the opening bell of the fifth and final round before Benton caught him with a wicked haymaker that just put his lights out. Koff is a tough guy, but not many people could take a punch like that.

Jones: Another fighter with the ability to use his hands to stop a fight in dramatic fashion is Middleweight champion John Mayhem.

Cozad: The difference is, Mayhem got straight to the point, and knocked Bryan Habana senseless. It was a brutal ass whooping at the hands of a professional ass whooper.

Jones: With twenty-one knockout victories to his credit, Mayhem definitely knows how to impose his will on a competitor. He is undefeated at ICON since his debut at SPFT 209, and won three of those four fights by knockout.

Cozad: It doesn't matter how much a man trains; you can't prepare for the devastating power that John Mayhem brings to the table.

Jones: And Mayhem has only been finished three times in forty fights. Three. Combine that with the fact that he can punch a hole through a man's face, and you have a very scary man to face in the cage.

Cozad: Another scary man is the Steel Penn-ICON light heavyweight champion, John Conteh. This guy has been just tearing through the division since coming to ICON at SPFT 200, and he claimed his place at the top of his weight class at SPFT 220. In the meantime, he has wracked up a five fight win streak, four of those coming by way of knockout.

Jones: John Conteh has indeed been storming through the 205 lb division. In his recent title victory, former light heavyweight champion Viacheslav Datsik was the most recent victim to Conteh's brutal power. Despite being clinched up tight, Conteh was able to put enough force into a right hook from close range to put the former champ away.

Cozad: Instead of being happy for someone who earns a title shot at light heavyweight, I kind of feel sorry for them.

Jones: Another fresh and as get unchallenged champion is the ICON heavyweight champ,

Kyle Collins. Collins got the strap from Asko Vilenius at SPFT 221, after a five round war that could have gone either way.

Cozad: This is the kind of fight I like; at the end, both fighters are broken and bloody and you can't even tell who won, to look at them. Collins was just way more aggressive, and landed way more shots, and got the judges to agree with his corner.

Jones: Collins showed more versatility than Velenius on the feet, switching back and forth between punches, kicks and a strong clinch game. At the end of the day, he was just the better all around fighter. It will be interesting to see if he has what it takes to stay at the top of the food chain.

Cozad: If we are going on pure size, the top of the food chain would be the ICON super heavyweight champion, Buzz Killington. This dude is a beast. However, if you are only as good as your last fight...

Jones: It's true, Killington did lose his last fight, but he remains the super heavyweight champion. The loss was a failed bid to drop down to heavyweight and face Asko Vilenius, who at the time was the heavyweight champion. This epic battle took place at SPFT 218.

Cozad: Epic in historical significance, with the champions of two divisions facing each other to attempt to unify the belts. However, the fight itself was anything but epic.

Jones: I agree. It almost seemed like more of an exhibition match, with both men showing off for the crowd with five rounds of basic MMA techniques.

Cozad: It was hard to watch. I say that because I kept falling asleep during the bout. Killington seems to perform much better when fighting closer to his natural weight, and has the 265 plus title to prove it.

Jones: The weight cut may have been a factor; however, many see Killington's knockout victory over former super heavyweight champion Freddy Steel as a fluke. After losing three fights in a row at ICON, Killington was facing termination from the company. Instead, by being the only fighter willing and able to fill in on a last minute card at SPFT 215, Killington shocked everyone and pulled a rabbit out of his hat. Now, he sits at the top of the heap, the biggest of the big boys.

Cozad: Mr. Killington had better take his position very seriously; there are other competitors hungry to hold the title, and luck may not be enough the next time around.

Jones: Fate is fickle, but for the moment there it is: the Murderer's Row of champions here at Steel Penn-ICON. Each of these men has scratched and clawed and punched his way to being the best of his peers and his enemies, the baddest men in their divisions. Only time will tell which ones will build a legacy, and which will only hold the belt for a brief time. But all of these men have worked hard to make their mark at Steel Penn-ICON.

Cozad: And that's all the time we have for today. Thank you for tuning in with us today, fight fans.

Jones: We will see you next time on MMA Today, your source of news from your favorite fighting organization, Steel Penn-ICON.

• Upvote 2