UFC 140 Round by Round Live Updates SPOILERS

I knew Jon Jones was good when he beat Rampage but he showed immense skill by handling someone that was elusive to most people with relative ease. He even took a couple of great shots that Machida threw at him. I'm just still in shock is all.

Machida was close? I didn't see that, but if there are people that did then that just shows how good Bones is. He never got hit solidly before this fight. I saw the submission Jones caught Machida with done by both of the Diaz brothers before. I didn't actually find the fights, but here's him explaining it at around 1:40.

yea have to agree machida wasnt close -- winning a round in a fight isnt close to beating them (unless you get the finish) -- jones is going to be very hard to beat although i dont agree with machida testing jones chin -- jones got hit but wasnt a big time huge shot

on big nog that was nasty -- i bet he wishes he would of tapped -- sad to see cause he will probably never be the same again

yea have to agree machida wasnt close -- winning a round in a fight isnt close to beating them (unless you get the finish) -- jones is going to be very hard to beat although i dont agree with machida testing jones chin -- jones got hit but wasnt a big time huge shot

I'm pretty sure all of us have seen a standing Guillotine so I'm not sure what the video is for.

As for Jones, I said this in the member picks forum, but I'll say it again here: until the 205 division gets more "athletes" that can match Jones' height and arm length then he is going to run this division for a very long time.

You can't do standing guillotines that way if you don't have a wall. And aside from the Diaz brothers it's the first time that I've seen it executed like that. But everybody loves a smartass so thanks for the input.

You can't do standing guillotines that way if you don't have a wall. And aside from the Diaz brothers it's the first time that I've seen it executed like that. But everybody loves a smartass so thanks for the input.

Didn't realize it was different then any other standing guillotine other then the fact Machida was twisted a bit odd.

Sucked to see Nog lose like that, he should just have let Mir up again, hopeless to gnp vs the back of the head defense.

As for Jones, I said this in the member picks forum, but I'll say it again here: until the 205 division gets more "athletes" that can match Jones' height and arm length then he is going to run this division for a very long time.

Athletes that can match Jones arm length in particular are extremely rare in any sport at least if you want them to be able to make lhw.

Athletes that can match Jones arm length in particular are extremely rare in any sport at least if you want them to be able to make lhw.

Very true. Even if someone has an 80" inch reach I think that would be tough enough.

I havent been to impressed with Gustaffson. He seems uncoordinated and clumsy. I think it is his footwork. He just doenst move well. It didnt hurt him in his last fight because the guy was old and slow. So his speed kept him out of trouble. But i question how well he can stay on his feet. He reminds me of Alovski when he first started his run vs Vlady. He would fall all over the place trying to get away and sprawl takedowns. He later polished those skills a little. But mainly just didnt have to face wrestlers after that so it never heart him. At 205 i don't think Gustafsson can be so lucky to avoid them.

I dont think you need anyone with great reach. Machida showe you can get to Jones. Machida just isnt aggressive enough and fights in bursts. He also has no boxing at all. He just throws straight punches as he runs at you. Jones was open for upper cuts a lot in those blits and Machida just doesn't throw anything but 1-2, 1-2, 1-2 over and over. You just need good speed and technical boxing on the feet. Jones hands are terrible. He leaves himself open when he puches and if you get in on him you take away his kicks and make him use his less effective hands. I think a well rounded guy like machida can win. If he had tradition boxing and was tougher. Machida has never shown a chin. He got rocked in this fight and caused the finish. But he did have the speed, power, and takedown defense to give Jones fits. But his passive nature and karate style punches and lack of toughness/durability is where he come up short.

I agree about both Jones and Machida, but I couldn't disagree more about Gustafsson. Phil Davis didn't have the easiest time getting him down and neither did Matt Hamill. His striking is really good and now he's training with Phil Davis so his wrestling can only get better. His footwork is fine too. He has akward timing sometimes, but that only worked in his favor so far.

http://dmjj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/rashad-ko.jpghttp://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/resize/559x487/quality/85/http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2011/12/094lyotomachidavsjonjones.jpg

I found this comparison on the UOC forums and never turn down a good chance to shop someone.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/KenricMMA/Machida.jpg

I agree about both Jones and Machida, but I couldn't disagree more about Gustafsson. Phil Davis didn't have the easiest time getting him down and neither did Matt Hamill. His striking is really good and now he's training with Phil Davis so his wrestling can only get better. His footwork is fine too. He has akward timing sometimes, but that only worked in his favor so far.

Neither of those guys have the best shot in the game though, Davis has slick transitions between methods of takedown though. That said, Davis couldn't get Gustafsson down until Gustafsson let his ego get in the way and he tried to take Davis down for some absurd reason.

There's nothing wrong with his footwork for a striker really, he's the only guy I've seen stand with Diabate and not lose so that counts for something.

• Upvote 1

Phill Davis hasnt exactly shown great MMA wrestling thus far. He made Lil Nog look like an Olympic wrestler. He finally adjusted to a single. But that wouldnt work verses lots of top guys. Outside of Munoz he has had the most trouble adapting his wrestling. Sure Gusta will get better but he looked a little long/lanky to to be great. He may be limited in how good he can get. We shall wait and see.