Immortals New York

Steel

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b15.jpg

Corey Smith: Assuming I win the fighht with Cold of course, I would be happy to take on Wellman Jr. I honestly didn't think he would make it past Pintor, but since he did I guess that puts him back into the running with the big dogs... And that makes him a threat to my chances at another title run... So, yeah... I'd accept that fight. After that...? Maybe a rematch with Muang? That would be sure to bring the fans to their feet. I'm game. Congrats on the win man.

Hey any of my fighters would be down for an interview. I love doing that kind of shit. Obvuously it makes sense for the one being interviewed to be one that is actually doing well so that narrows the choices somewhat, but aside from Orndorf and Tinsdell the rest of my Immortals guys would make for pretty good candidates.

We'd like to get the vet Kenrick Nikil on the show if possible Brunno!

Borislav "Brawling Bear" Chazinski will be watching this 265+ lbs 5rnd Anderson Fontes v Ravil Lebedev 265+ lbs Title fight closely from ringside as he knows they both are avoiding him . He doesnt think either can get out of the first round with him and thats with both of them in ring at same time. Chazinzski would like to take on the winner (if either of these inept fighters can actually win) for the 265+ title

MMA:The Immortals show is coming back soon and it's gunna be big! We need two managers to help co host, each one will do half of the show to help out the boys. Also need 3 fighters to get some interviews(four including one of my guys) reply to this or message me or pigeon mail me or whatever if your interested. Wanna make it big for the comeback, hope you like working with Franky, Bob, Jesse, and Rahziki

If you are interested Briar McGuire, the future 155 champ, could do an interview.

Corey Smith: Assuming I win the fighht with Cold of course, I would be happy to take on Wellman Jr. I honestly didn't think he would make it past Pintor, but since he did I guess that puts him back into the running with the big dogs... And that makes him a threat to my chances at another title run... So, yeah... I'd accept that fight. After that...? Maybe a rematch with Muang? That would be sure to bring the fans to their feet. I'm game. Congrats on the win man.

Shane Wellman Junior- Thanks man but I'm sorry I can't let you win, I need that title shot. You need it sooner than me though, your starting to get some grey's in your 'hawk Corey

Corey Smith: Wellman Jr. is making jokes about my age... OK I see how it is... He's not wrong though. I am getting up there as a fighter, but I still have a few good years in me I think. I am going to make another run for the title and see if I can avenge some of my losses if not all of them. Then...? Who knows? Congrats on your win Wellman... I'll be seeing you soon buddy.

Immortals New York

Presents

FIGHT NIGHT XVI

August 1, 2012

It’s not the Olympics, so we don’t have any hot- as-hell Brazilian volleyball players. We don’t have any centerfold quality javelin throwers or pole vaulters. We didn’t want any pretty boy, swimming, choke artist, and we sure as hell passed on female German weightlifter named Helga with facial-hair and an adams apple. But….. what we do have are some ruthless, professional, assasins of the octagon who make Olympic boxing look like a sorority girl pillow fight. Welcome to “INY Fight Night XVI”.

Fight 1

170 lbs

Billy Faragher (0-0) v Mateusz Wolodyjowski (0-2)

Faragher is a new-comer at 0-0, taking on an 0-2 Wolodyjowski . Wolodyjowski has a slight advantage standing up, but let’s face it, Faragher is managed by one Peel Steel whose been around the block a few times. You can bet your ass ol’ Peel has already factored in that advantage and he’ll have Wolodyjowski flat on his back like like a Kardasian at a Soul Train Reunion, work’in that superior wrestling and advancing into a sub position, and makin Wolodyjowski….well….scream and yell like a Kardasian at a Soul Train Reunion.

Fight 2

265 lbs

Captain Bligh (0-0) v Shivakamini Somankandarkram (1-0)

This fight has a few speed bumps, kinda feels uneasy like when you had that large boogar on your lip the whole time you were talking to that hot chic who was smiling and laughing at you a tad too much. Bligh is a newb, he’s out-gunned in the hand-rocket dept, the MT dept, and the wrestling dept..however, he has a decisive advantage in his purple bjj compared to Somank…’s white belt. That is a HUGE variable and I HATE betting against ANY superior bjj practitioner without some kind of impressive wrestling skill to counter it. I just don’t see the counter in this fight, it just ain’t there. However, we then have to factor in that Bligh, being a newb, has over-trained and will be coming in at 70% at best!!! Again, I HATE betting against a far-superior bjj artist, but I just don’t think Bligh will have enough in the tank to take Somankini down and finish him. Somankamini will win his 2nd fight by decision or KO.

Fight 3

170 lbs

Edward Louis Iii Severson (2-2) v Frank Funk (1-0)

Severson versus Funk is an interesting fight. Severson needs a good break-out fight , and he needs to showcase his MT skills. He’s facing a tough Frank Funk who will try to keep his distance, stay away from the clinch, and look for a takedown. He has 1 win by sub under his belt currently. At the end of the day, this is like a bikini contest between Brittany Spears and Mariah Carey, either could win it, but it’s just gonna depend on whose the most outrageous. I’m gonna go with Funk in this one because again, he has better, boxing, better wrestling, and at the end of the day he has better bjj.

Fight 4

265+ lbs

Bison Bradley (2-2) v Gronk Kowski (2-2)

Surprisingly both fighters are 2-2, even as each of them are managed by well-respected managers. Bradley is managed by Jolon Williams, and Kowski by Jimmy Da Jet. However, it is what it is, and even as Bradley possesses superior MT skills, he has yet to finish anyone with it? Both of Bradley's wins have come via decision. Kowski on the other hand, is a dangerous GNP fighter. He’s won both of his fights by KO!!! Ironically, Bradley has lost both of his fights by KO. With both fighter being even-up in the bjj game, I see Kowski using his wrestling swag to take Bradley down, maul him a bit, set him up for the GNP, and then swell Bradley’s eye’s like Ben Stiller’s cup in “Dodgball”.

Fight 5

205 lbs

Edmilson Murutu ( 6-4) v Paul Orndorf (3-8)

Murutu is 26 years old, he’s 6-4 with no "major" fight, let alone a title fight in sight. Something needs to happen soon, or he may want to just hang it up. Speaking of hanging it up, Orndorf is now 3-8, his manager Brunno Falcone has been publicly talking about Orndorf’s retirement, and we thought his last fight versus Jason Koontz was his last hoorah….. but here he is again? He’s like Spock in the Star Trek movies…his dried up bones just keep coming back and we keep cheering for him. If there is any fight Orndorf can win, it’s this one. Orndorf needs to keep this fight against the ropes, close and personal, like this guy knocked up his sister on prom night . I’m gonna stick my neck out and dial up a “win” for Orndorf via cut or decision.

Fight 6

185 lbs

Reggie Coldcutts (4-3) v (1-0) Owen Guerrier

Coldcutts is 4-3 with 4 subs (get it..Coldcutts and subs LMAO!!) Guerrier is 1-0 via a KO. Ironically Coldcutts has lost 3 fights, all via KO’s. With that said, I personally think that the Guerrier’s one and only KO was a fluke, a lucky shot. Guerrier’s KO power is way over-hyped and Coldcutts “should win” this fight on the mat by laying Guerrier out like a turkey and cheese sub with guac.

Fight 7

145 lbs

Kevin Love (5-1) v Frank Gallagher (3-2)

Kevin Love is an up and coming fighter at 5-1, a crowd favorite. He’s looking to roll Frank Gallagher, who is 3-2. The good news is that Love is riding a win streak with 3 consecutive wins, the bad news is that he may have bit off a lot more than he could chew in Gallagher. Love has a descent boxing game, but he’s never went lights out on anyone. Meanwhile his white belt in bjj leaves him vulnerable on the ground. Gallagher at 3-2, is managed by Mike Melton so we know he’ll be ready for this fight. I look for Gallagher to take Love into deep water, clinching, using takedowns, improving positions, and finally reminding Love that unless you have Mike Tysons KO power, you better get your defensive ground game together or you will eventually look like a wounded duck on the mat. Gallagher is gonna throw a wrench in Love’s climb to a title fight, and he’ll win by sub.

Fight 8

145 lbs

William Dowe (3-1) v Shane Mayweather (3-0)

Dowe vs Mayweather will be a respectable fight. Both fighters are good fighters, Dowe a better wrestler, Mayweather a better boxer and better at bjj. I think the deciding factor here is the training time. Mayweather has been training a good while longer than Dowe, and being only a year apart in age, he has had ample time to harden his skills and hone his particular style. Mayweather should walk away a winner by decision.

Fight 9

185 lbs

Dave Grohl (3-2) v (3-0) Dylan Beretta

Grohl is coming in at 3-2, with boxing creds that are rumored to be well above par. He’s fighting Dylan Beret who is 3-0 with via 3 subs. If Grohl is boxing’s 800lbs gorilla, Beretta is bjj’s Godzilla. The troubling thing about this matchup is that with all of Grohls boxing hype, he hasn’t knocked anyone out? Thus, till Grohl proves to me he has KO power, he’s just another wanna-be Iron Mike. He may however, possibly have help with that endeavor as inexplicably Beretta will enter this fight with only ¾ of his gas tank full??? Beretta needs to use some brain matter and get his training in order. Even with less than a full tank, Beretta WILL take Grohl down and sub him for the win.

Fight 10

185 lbs

Bernhard Taylor (5-0) v (4-2) Ishkabibble Schmukinphart

Taylor, 5-0 with 5 wins by KO. He IS the American success story! The underdog we all want to watch and follow. Taylor will trade blows with Ishy Schmukinphart who is 4-2 with all 4 wins by sub. Possessing a brown belt in bjj, Schmukinphart is formidable . He has better than average wrestling skills that compliment his bjj. It’s the classic boxer versus wrestler. Taylor is younger, but he’s been training a bit longer. I don’t think Ishy can stand with Taylor long enough to take him down and sub him, but he could surprise us. Save your money on this fight, it could go either way. But if you are pressing me for an answer, I’ll put uno dinero on Bernhard Taylor.

That’s it for INY and Fight Night XVI, I’m Dean Holliday and I’ll see you at the fights.

No way Mike legit left, he's a cool guy and a good manager, anybody know watsup?

He couldnt get the hang of booking flights and ended up causing a bunch of No Contests, got frustrated and quit.