Maxim Dragunov vs. Don Marciano

Rambo

Somebody is getting Knocked Out  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Dragunov vs. Marciano

Two of the baddest Heavyweights & most feared strikers in the Tycoon Universe square off at SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! in one week at The Red Light district in Amsterdam. Tickets to the arena sold out within 30 minutes of being available, so if you didn't secure a ticket and can't make it to Amsterdam, just turn on your TV, order the event on PPV, & enjoy the damn show!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/TheGodfather.jpg

Don Marciano is coming off a first round technical knockout victory over Emeka Shakur, from start to finish it was clear The Nigerian Nightmare was no match for Marciano that night. It was the Main Event on the most successful event in Amsterdam history; SF 90: Marciano Vs. Skakur PPV!. As memorable as it was, SF91 is expected to shatter the bar that SF90 set. 23,346 PPV buyers more than got their money's worth when Marciano squared off against Shakur, but this match against Dragunov elevates the level of competition & hype to a whole other level never before seen in the European Cannabis capital, and the record setting ratings that SF90 previously set, are expected to get shattered this Saturday.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/maxim.jpg

Maxim Dragunov is coming off a first round finish from the CFC's second highest rated event ever, beating his opponents face in so badly that the ref stepped in and mercifully spared his opponent from further brutality. Fighters do have family to go home to and the damage that "Drago" was doing was becoming irreversible. Perhaps the most feared striker in the world, not only does he have first round knockout wins over legends like Cee Digits and Abayo Bokhari, he finished them in devastating fashion, head kicking them into oblivion. A one time Sauna Fight champion, Maxim comes back to his old org with the intentions of going back to CFC with another HW title around his waist.

FIGHT FACTS:

Don Marciano #1 ranked fighter from Italy

Maxim Dragunov #1 ranked fighter from Russia

Combined record of 41-3-2

Combined 35 wins by (T)KO

Combined 37 fights ended in the 1st round

Both fighters on a 6 fight win streak

Both fighters finished their last 6 fights by (T)KO

Sauna Fights owner Aaron Andersson requested that Don Marciano fly in from Los Angeles to attend the press conference that he arranged for the event to hype the upcoming title fight against Maxim Dragunov. On paper the two seemed very similar, but in person they weren't so a like. The intensity of the staredown the people in attendance witnessed was incomparable. It was like watching something out of a movie and at one point I think they even metaphysically morphed into different forms. Maxim Dragunov towering over a much shorter, stockier, Don Marciano.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/donvsmaxim.jpg

The reach advantage obviously going to Maxim Dragunov, the questions were pouring in faster than Don could answer.

"Do you think this is your toughest fight of your career?"

"Are you in the best shape of your life?"

"How healthy are you?"

"Have you ever fought anybody as tall as Maxim?"

"How are you going to deal with the height advantage?"

"Don what's your gameplan going into the cage?"

"Do you see any holes in his game?"

"How's training camp?"

"Where's Kim?"

"Can you win? Will you win?"

Don yawned. Drank some water. Tried to listen to the questions Maxim Dragunov was asked but his translator's voice annoyed him so he didn't pay attention. The questions were heard but went in one ear and out the other until one reporter got his attention.

Reporter: "Hey Don - nice suit!'

Don Marciano: "Thank you. It's a $5,000 tailor-made suit from Caraceni in Milan, 'bout time somebody noticed."

Reporter: "Are you gonna wear it going into your fight with Maxim?"

Don Marciano: "Forget about it. Can't wear the same suit in the same week."

Reporter: "I meant when you walked out to the cage. You gonna wear a suit?"

Don Marciano: "Ha I don't think so. I'm all about business and this fight is business as usual, and I don't handle the cage business in no suit. I'll be coming in the traditional black and white trunks. I'll put on a suit after I hit the shower, for the after party."

Reporter: "Assuming you can still walk after the fight, you're planning on the after party? The fans are expecting a war."

Don Marciano: "The fans will get a battle. Wars last longer than a few minutes. I'm overtrained & I love it out here in Amsterdam. After the fight this big fella is goin' out to party."

Reporter: " Do you see yourself still being champ at the end of the night? Do you envision having the belt at the party?"

Don Marciano: "You wanna know what I envision eh? You really wanna know?" The reporter nodded yes, and Don Marciano chuckled and said, "I envision taking one of those half naked ring girls, y'know the ones walkin' around in the bikinis? - takin' one of those broads home and let her wear my championship belt as I fuck her doggy style haha."

Reporter: "Ah sick gross! Visual!? That's a sick thought man!"

Don Marciano: "Ha don't think it aint been done before."

Reporter: "With the belt on!? - that belt?"

Don Marciano: "I wear the belt, she wears the belt, take turns wearing it - doesn't matter who wears it I'm still the champ, what's important is that I have it, and I'll do what I want with it whenever I want." The disgust on the reporters face was obvious, clearly he couldn't shake away the visual so he tried to change the subject..

Reporter: "Maxim said that an Italian can't beat a Russian in a fight, what's your response?"

Don Marciano: "He didn't say that." Don looked to the other side of the podium stage at Maxim who was accompanied by his translator, busy answering the questions of the crowd gathered around him, "When did he say that?"

Reporter: "Just now, 'No Italian could beat a Russian in a fight' I heard it..." Don looked over at Maxim again with an agitated look but couldn't understand anything Maxim was saying because he speaks in Russian.. "Maxim Dragunov has a significant height advantage going into this fight and because of this you're going into the fight the underdog, do you think this could pose a problem for you? How do you plan on countering the reach advantage?"

Don Marciano: Marciano raised his voice a little higher so people would hear him, he was having trouble finding motivation for this fight so he decided to ignite the fire for the cameras, maybe sell some PPV tickets in the process.."By punching him in the face and knocking his ass down. I think that should neutralize the height advantage effectively."

Reporter: "This fights being described as a David vs. Goliath match up, what do you think of that?"

Don Marciano: "David was a little guy who needed a rock and a slingshot. I'm gonna hit him with my fist and put him to sleep... and then I might hit him some more."

Reporter: "So you're gonna come out swinging like usual?"

Don Marciano: "You know the old saying, 'Don't do a deal with a Russian without a gun' well I'm bringing two." The Godfather flexed his biceps to the crowd, showing them the gun show.. he noticed he got the attention of the crowd, women got wet, men felt small, & even Maxim was now observing his 'Gun Show'.

Reporter: "How long do you think this fight will last, the experts don't think it'll last longer than a few minutes... what's your opinion?"

Don Marciano: "The experts are right. He's getting knocked out in the first." Don looked over to Maxim, who was sitting there expressionless. He didn't seem to acknowledge anything Marciano was saying because he prolly didn't understand a word of English.. he needed to get a reaction out of him.. "Can he understand anything I'm saying? Where's the translator? Somebody tell him what I'm saying."

Don motioned for a translator and pushed him over towards the Russian and the translator started speaking Russian gibberish. Don stood up, looking at Maxim Dragunov, making eye contact and speaking directly to him..

Don Marciano: "You hear that? You're gettin' knocked out cold on Saturday. I throw bombs with my right & bury bodies with my left."

The translator translated and you could feel the tension in the room lift as Maxim Dragunov stood up, towering over everybody else there. The two fighters locked in a staring contest, they began to walk towards one another til they were face to chest. Maxim staring down, Don staring up...

Maxim Dragunov: "Я не могу быть побежден!"

Translator: "I cannot be defeated!"

Don Marciano: "We'll see about that."

Maxim Dragunov: "Я должен разорвать вас."

Translator: "I must break you."

Don Marciano: "If you keep talking that Russian nonsense you'll need reconstructive surgery on your jaw after I break it."

Maxim Dragunov: "Если он умрет, он умрет."

Don Marciano: "I'm sending your ugly Russian ass back to your motherland in a casket."

Marciano and Dragunov butted heads for the last time and Maxim Dragunov shoved him away. The two fighters went at it and a mosh pit of security intervened immediately and as a chair went flying through the air, some how security managed to get the two away from each other. After another chair went flying through the air the cameras cut off, and staff tried to neutralize the chaotic situation that was about to break out.

• Upvote 2

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV!

Two hours of MMA Awesomeness! Sauna Fights is bringing one hell of a show to all of you MMA fans out there! Once again this is the biggest card EVER seen in Amsterdam, and we know you crazy fans love it! So don´t be a stranger and come down, or order the Pay-Per-View!

Now let’s have a look at the matches of SF91!

Main Event, 265 lbs Division - Maxim Dragunov v Don Marciano - SF 265 lbs title In the main event of this card we will be seeing “The Godfather” Don Marciano in action against Maxim “Drago” Dragunov. Marciano is the current Sauna Fights Heavyweight Champion and has picked up 5 defenses since winning the strap on SF 72. Dragunov is the current CFC Heavyweight champion, and in this champion vs champion match, we can be sure of something special going to happen in the Sauna Fights cage. Dragunov is the #4 pound for pound fighter in the world, and the #1 in his weight class.

Marciano is the #11 pound for pound in the world and the #6 in his weight class. That means when these men take place in the cage, and go at it, the fans will see a masterpiece of a match. With both men having the majority of their many victories by (T)KO, we can be sure of this being a stand up war. Their skill set is pretty much identical when it comes down to the striking and wrestling, the only big-ish difference is the BJJ, were Dragunov holds a Brown Belt and Marciano a Purple belt.

IF, and that’s a big IF, the fight goes down to the mat, Dragunov has the advantage over the SF Champion, Marciano. But in all of his career, Marciano has never been submitted, and the only loss he has seen came by decision, while Dragunov has been finished twice by (T)KO. A win for Marciano would really cement his legacy as one of the greats, and the same goes for Dragunov. Prediction: It’s a close match, but I’m going with Dragunov with a late 4th round (T)KO victory.

265 lbs Division - Cedric Myton v Emeka Shakur A very interesting match in the co-main event of this Pay-Per-View, where we’ll be seeing Cedric Myton take on Emeke Shakur. It’s safe the assume that whoever wins this match, is going to be the next challenger for the 265lbs title. That’s why we can expect both of these guys going to give their all, and then some more! Both men had a chance against the current champion before, and that always resulted in a loss for both of these guys. Now both men want to go back and avenge those losses, and no one can blame them for it. We’ll see who wants the win more, and then how hungry they are to become the champion. Both men are equally skilled and the only thing that stands out is Myton being a BJJ Brown Belt while Shakur is a BJJ Purple Belt. Even though they are good with BJJ, they rarely, if ever, finished a fight with a submission. Prediction: In this match, I’ll be going with Myton. With a 1st round (T)KO win. 185 lbs Division -

Teppo Mansikka v Junior Dos Santos – SF 185 lbs title The last time these two met, Dos Santos walked away with the victory. However, since then Mansikka has come back strong and picked up the Middleweight Championship in his last bout. While Mansikka worked his way to becoming the champion, Dos Santos kept working on his winning ways and has build up an impressive winning streak so far. Both guys have incredible stand up skills and Mansikka takes it on the ground. He also has better wrestling which can become a big factor in this match if Mansikka decides to not stand and bang like he did last time with Dos Santos. Mansikka has a great chance to avenge a loss here AND show that he is a worthy champion by taking out a dangerous challenger as Dos Santos. Of course Dos Santos knows what to do to get the win, and if can get a 2nd win over Mansikka that would be pretty impressive. Prediction: Mansikka by submission in the 2nd round. 205 lbs Division

Lee Perry v Chuck Liddell - SF 205 lbs title The light heavyweight championship is on the line in this match, and the champion Lee Perry seems ready to take on the challenger in Chuck Liddell. Both men have had impressive careers so far and the future looks very bright for the both of them, regardless of what the outcome is in this match. Both men have great stand up and have been very successful using that so far in their careers, with the majority of their wins coming by (T)KO. Chuck Liddell is on a 7 fight win streak, but Perry seems to be the guy that can stop him from getting an 8th win in a row. It would be no surprise if Perry decides to avoid a brawl in the cage and use his BJJ Black Belt experience and try to submit Liddell. Prediction: I’m going with Perry, a late 3rd round submission victory.

155 lbs Division - Alex Andre v Brian Maddox Andre and Maddox both are skilled fighters and are both on a win streak. Rumour has it though that Andre currently has some injuries going on, and that may be a HUGE downfall for him in this match against a dangerous fighter as Maddox. Even though Andre takes it in the stand up game, the injury may hold him back from giving his best. And the injury is something Maddox could exploit if he knew what it was. Whatever happens in this fight, it seems that it will be a short fight, regardless of the health of the fighters. Maddox may clinch a bit with Andre and use some dirty boxing against the cage, while Andre will just try and keep his distance, using single shots to pick apart Maddox. Prediction: Going with Maddox with a 1st round (T)KO victory.

265 lbs Division - Anssi Randi v Luola Mies Two heavyweighs that could put up a little bet on the match themselves, loser shaves off the afro?! Why not? Anyways, both of these guys are very well rounded fighters and seem to be a great addition to the SF’s Heavyweight division. Randi seems to be the stronger fighter and Mies will have a hard time dealing with that if you ask me. Prediction: Anssi Randi with a 1st round (T)KO win.

265 lbs Division - Pertti Rauta v Harry Stroker This match is so even in the skill set that’s its very tough to call a winner here. Both guys have been doing well in their careers so far but have had a few setbacks in their previous fights with not being able to get a good win streak going. They had a shot at the gold before and Stroker was rather successful there. Both men would love to get their hands on the gold, but they need to do a lot to get there. Prediction: Going with Stroker, Split Decision.

155 lbs Division - Luigi Marzapane v Seppo Taalasmaa Marzapane has had a nice winning streak build up before accepting to fight Taalasmaa. Taalasmaa is coming off a loss himself, but has done good prior to that. He has a chance to get a win himself again, and end the streak of Marzapane. Every fighter loves to end streaks and build their own, so this is going to be an exciting match to watch, that’s for sure. Prediction: Marzapane with a 2nd round (T)KO win.

185 lbs Division - Timo Takka v Calvin Carter An upcoming fighter taking on a veteran of MMA. With 22 matches more than his opponent, Carter seems to be the favourite in this match as the experience is just too big of a difference. However experience doesn’t always mean you are better. Takka seems to have a better overall skill setting to use and we can expect that both men will go at it hard and try to end the fight quickly. Prediction: Takka by a 3rd round submission win.

205 lbs Division - Huston Rustow v Torsten Stalhandske In the opening match of the evening we’re going to be watching Rustow taking on Stalhandske. Both guys are known as stand up fighters but they also got a good BJJ game incase the fight does end up on the mat. It’s a tough match to call as both men are pretty much equal in the skills. Prediction: Stalhandske by Unanimous Decision.

That’s it folks, those were all the matches on this 2 hour special PPV card brought to you by Sauna Fights!

Brought to you by: John Hetfield. Just awesome dude!

Don Marciano was coming back to his hotel after leaving a nearby coffee shop, when was approached by some reporters asking questions working with Sauna Fights for this huge PPV card. He agreed to answer a few.

Reporter: "How are you dealing with the jet lag with the flight from Los Angeles?"

Don Marciano: "Staying higher than ever."

Reporter: "Do you think it's necessary?"

Don Marciano: "I think it's essential."

Reporter: "We're less than 48 hours away from the biggest fight of your career. Are you prepared to face Russia's best fighter?"

Don Marciano: "I'm prepared to cash my big fat paycheck."

Reporter: "What do you think of John Hetfield's prediction for this fight?"

Don Marciano: "What's he smokin' crank? Aint no way this fight's gonna make it out the first round. One of us are getting knocked out."

Reporter: "I think he's the only one expecting it to last longer than that. What do you think of the event name?"

Don Marciano: "I think it'll help them explain what's going on when he wakes up. He don't know english so they had to keep it simple so he understood. He'll prolly be suffering from amnesia after he wakes up from his a coma and they're just gonna hand him an event flyer to hope rejuvinate his memory."

Reporter: "What?"

Don Marciano: "Eating through a ventilation tube cuz he got put to Sleep in an MMA fight and it was all on PPV... Maxim I would send your family my condolences but I fuckin hate Russians. Just let them know to pull the plug so you don't have to wake up and deal with the embarrassment of being featured on the Knockout of the Year hahaha."

Reporter: "Is there anything you want to say to your opponent?"

Don Marciano: "Not like he would understand it."

Reporter: "We have translators."

Don Marciano: "I'll bet you $50,000 that I knock you out."

Let it be known that Marciano is coming in with a Soviet Union flag and he's gonna rip it in half when he's in the center of the cage. He's gonna throw the remnants into the crowd and the fans are gonna be chanting "GOD-FATH-ER! GOD-FATH-ER! GOD-FATH-ER!" up to the point where one of the fighters get knocked out.

Would love to see him fight Puno now.

Marciano and Puno are like brothers, well in a strange beat eachother up every day kind of way. They train at Convicted Fight Club together, one of the baddest gyms on the planet.

Congrats to Sauna Fights for breaking a MMATYCOON WORLD RECORD and setting a huge milestone in an event that generated over $1,000,000 in TICKET REVENUE semi-shattering the old records set in 90k arenas, and taking the #1 org in the game spot.

Thanks Chris!

After this Megaevent, here are some numbers from event statistics ;)

Ticket revenue (Worldwide)

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! ($1,003,350)

NFC 117 Stehling vs Glory ($885,262)

NFC 130 Reinikanen vs Tonal ($883,372)

Encore ($865,372)

Back in Black ($843,719)

NFC 131 Glory vs Stehling ($825,000)

Gardens of the Moon ($818,318)

NFC 128 Jokinen vs Astoria ($805,268)

SF90: Marciano Vs. Shakur PPV! ($804,124)

Blitzkrieg 96: Fire of Gods ($800,000)

Fighter pay (Worldwide)

SDC 1 : Let's Get It On ($8,000,002)

989898451812 ($6,040,000)

Reach 50 - Showtime PPV ($899,000)

EEC - Hogmanay ($558,031)

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! ($519,000)

Syn' 200: Syngularity ($458,420)

NFC 132 McThornbody vs Itaniem ($442,000)

The Last Shooting Star ($419,001)

Syn' 198: Deviation ($410,000)

SF86: Sauna Fights! ($409,800)

PPV Sales (Worldwide)

Back in Black (64,882)

NFC 131 Glory vs Stehling (61,742)

Gardens of the Moon (60,901)

NFC 130 Reinikanen vs Tonal (59,178)

NFC 132 McThornbody vs Itaniem (51,400)

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! (48,997)

Encore (45,454)

NFC 118 DeBramalo vs Balingit (40,106)

NFC 117 Stehling vs Glory (36,491)

NFC 128 Jokinen vs Astoria (36,457)

Fighter pay (Amsterdam)

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! ($519,000)

SF86: Sauna Fights! ($409,800)

SF90: Marciano Vs. Shakur PPV! ($350,300)

SF83: Happy BD Demian Maia! ($324,000)

SF85: Kikkeli ($315,200)

SF89: When The Hell Breaks ($304,301)

SF82: Bloody October ($297,500)

SF87: 99 problems ($287,578)

SF81: King Of The Ring ($285,001)

SF88: Knocking On Cages Door ($266,700)

Rating (Amsterdam) (Congrats BAR! =) )

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! (437.33)

SF90: Marciano Vs. Shakur PPV! (364.84)

SF87: 99 problems (325.28)

SF86: Sauna Fights! (312.53)

SF89: When The Hell Breaks (275.29)

BAR 34: Gothic (271.81)

SF79: Demolition Derby (267.17)

SF82: Bloody October (266.88)

SF80: The Sauna Belt (265.41)

SF83: Happy BD Demian Maia! (264.51)

Ticket revenue (Amsterdam)

SF91: EAT, SLEEP, MMA PPV! ($1,003,350)

SF90: Marciano Vs. Shakur PPV! ($804,124)

SF87: 99 problems ($749,012)

SF86: Sauna Fights! ($699,057)

SF82: Bloody October ($589,233)

SF79: Demolition Derby ($572,970)

SF80: The Sauna Belt ($563,718)

SF81: King Of The Ring ($535,578)

SF77: Sjutti Sju ($532,050)

SF89: When The Hell Breaks ($522,500)

One happy man here!