Cutting Fighters

sathias

I've cut a few fighters which I made early in the piece and stuffed up their "build", but by and large I am pretty happy with my current crop of fighters.

However, now that some of my guys are getting to be 3 or 4 months old, it is starting to become apparent which ones pick up new skills quickly, and which ones don't. One of my guys in particular has popped Conditioning twice and Strength once in the whole time he's been fighting and training (over 12 weeks) leading me to believe that he has glacier-levels of slow learning, even for his low-end skills I'm trying to get up to a decent level. Alternatively, some of my guys seem to look at a piece of equipment and pop several skills.

Is this the sort of thing which causes people to dump fighters? It seems to me that a slow learner can be the worst thing to have in this game, because even if they are having a bit of success now, later on other fighters will be much more advanced than him.

I've cut a few fighters which I made early in the piece and stuffed up their "build", but by and large I am pretty happy with my current crop of fighters.

However, now that some of my guys are getting to be 3 or 4 months old, it is starting to become apparent which ones pick up new skills quickly, and which ones don't. One of my guys in particular has popped Conditioning twice and Strength once in the whole time he's been fighting and training (over 12 weeks) leading me to believe that he has glacier-levels of slow learning, even for his low-end skills I'm trying to get up to a decent level. Alternatively, some of my guys seem to look at a piece of equipment and pop several skills.

Is this the sort of thing which causes people to dump fighters? It seems to me that a slow learner can be the worst thing to have in this game, because even if they are having a bit of success now, later on other fighters will be much more advanced than him.

are you answering your own question?

I recently cut one guy that was 3-1, which was difficult to do---but a lot of my cuts have just been due to me having a better understanding of how to create fighters. I have another guy, who comparatively speaking to my other guys is definetely a slow learner--but he is doing well so I'm willing to accept him as is. If he falls below .500 at some point though, it will be difficult to overlook his slow learning weakness.

I recently cut one guy that was 3-1, which was difficult to do---but a lot of my cuts have just been due to me having a better understanding of how to create fighters. I have another guy, who comparatively speaking to my other guys is definetely a slow learner--but he is doing well so I'm willing to accept him as is. If he falls below .500 at some point though, it will be difficult to overlook his slow learning weakness.

very true -- i have learned some stuff from creating fighters -- i probably really need to cut a couple but they still under contracts and i wont do that to any org owner -- but most of my losses were against top 25 managers in the game, plus was outmatched, just cant so "NO" (lol) -- so the losses dont bother me that much as long as they put up a fight

The problem is that my exceptionally slow learner is also a BJJ White belt :lol:

I have been the same as some above. As you play the game more and more you learn things you didn't know when you made previous fighters. I did this and now I have my best fighter that I have made so far!

It seems to be my first 2 characters made were my best... ones 5-0 and a champ and the others 4-0. I guess I got lucky, my newest ones are doing pretty good but I have a few middle guys that are ruining everything and killing my personal record.

I've only ever kept 1 that had 2 losses. I released two 3-1 fighters recently. I figure the other 5 I have are doing well enough. But it must be rough being a non VIP. If 1 of your fighters is a cake it takes 30 days to release him and you can't tell his stat increases.

But yeah, every fighter I've created so far I clicked on fast learner, I don't even want to deal with mediocre learning. Just prodigies.

Ironically my best fighter right now was the reigning #1 FW in the world for a while and was 18. My first fighter made.

I kept a 3-2 fighter to give him another chance recently just because he improves vastly between fights, so his cupcakeness might be outweighed by his mean skills.

But yeah, every fighter I've created so far I clicked on fast learner, I don't even want to deal with mediocre learning. Just prodigies.
Sshh, keep that to yourself.

I think we've had this topic before?

Anyways, they're cut if they were made incorrectly when I first started the game, bad chin, slow learner, bad heart, etc. The kind of things that can't be corrected and have a reasonable effect on your fighter.