Each time we have a sub

"THIS IS THE GREATEST SUB I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE UFC HISTORY"

each time we have a come back

"THIS IS THE GREATEST COME BACK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE UFC HISTORY"

each time we have a fight for the title

"GSP is the #1 P4P"

"Anderson is #1 P4P"

"Edgar is the #1 P4P"

In ufc 144 Tim Boetsch beat Okami but i would not even call it a comeback, he was dominate round 1 and 2 but was never close to get finish.

Kongo vs Barry

Matt hughes hit in the balls and then put Beast mode

Lesnar vs Carwin

Duffe vs Russow

it's already some better come back.

I am the only one sick of it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Rogan apologized afterwards, I think. I get what you're saying though.

In his defense though, I really do think he's a hardcore fan of the sport, and it's really not that hard to get caught up with thoughts like that if you let yourself. There have been many times that I'd watch a fight and think "This is one of the best fights I've ever seen." But then I look back a few days later, and my opinion changes.

Rogan apologized afterwards, I think. I get what you're saying though.

In his defense though, I really do think he's a hardcore fan of the sport, and it's really not that hard to get caught up with thoughts like that if you let yourself. There have been many times that I'd watch a fight and think "This is one of the best fights I've ever seen." But then I look back a few days later, and my opinion changes.

This pretty much sums it up. And yeah he apologized during the fight if I remember correctly, stating that he went a little too far. I agree he goes a little over the top sometimes and I do get tired of hearing how great everything/one is every time something mediocre happens, but it's his love for the sport. I'd rather have Joe than most of the other commentators I've heard.

Thats just Joe man! He was right about Shogun Hendo being the greatest fight ever tho!

nope. they both gassed out after 2 or 3 rounds, which took a lot away from the overall fight.

chandler vs alvarez was a better fight. so was edgar/maynard 2. and that's just naming fights from 2011.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nope. they both gassed out after 2 or 3 rounds, which took a lot away from the overall fight.

chandler vs alvarez was a better fight. so was edgar/maynard 2. and that's just naming fights from 2011.

Lol you need to come back into this realm of reality , either way it was an amazing fight. Shogun gassed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd but that was due to the Hendo power punches.

Then Shogun got a second wind and Hendo gasses because he's 40.

Amazing fight which when looked at closely should be scored as a draw.

1 through 3 10-9 Hendo 4 10-9 Shogun 5 10-8 Shogun

If you didnt score the last round 10-8 your biased as fuck. Hendo didnt get a 10-8 because the first 3 were competitive . Shogun completely dominated the 5th.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Lol you need to come back into this realm of reality , either way it was an amazing fight. Shogun gassed a bit in the 2nd and 3rd but that was due to the Hendo power punches.

Then Shogun got a second wind and Hendo gasses because he's 40.

Amazing fight which when looked at closely should be scored as a draw.

1 through 3 10-9 Hendo 4 10-9 Shogun 5 10-8 Shogun

If you didnt score the last round 10-8 your biased as fuck. Hendo didnt get a 10-8 because the first 3 were competitive . Shogun completely dominated the 5th.

Thoughts?

i didn't say it wasn't a great fight, which it certainly was, i'm just saying that it definitely wasn't the best ever. and yeah it def could have been ruled as a draw, but a lot of judges seemingly never want give anyone a 10-8 round.

Rogan was terrible. The Japan card was the first time that I really got tired of Rogan. For the main and co-main event he was bearable, but at times I wished that I could see the fight without his commentary. I never thought he was great, but that was just aweful.

"Steve Cantwell muay thai game is outstanding"

"He's an excellent technical striker, really does everything correct"

"When he's on he really shows massive amounts of potential"

"What we see right now is the best of Steve Cantwell"

"This is the good Steve Cantwell"

That's in Cantwell's fifth in a row loss in which he didn't win a single round of a standup fight against a grappler. If Rogan showed a little more manlove for Cantwell he would've ejaculated.

"Akyama looks so good at welterweight" 30 seconds into the fight. He didn't win a single round.

I don't think that Rogan ever sucked that hard. Joe and Mike in my eyes just aren't the most talented commentators. Certainly not when compared to those of other sports. I would much rather see Anik team up with somebody, perhaps a spontanious fighter.

• Downvote 1

gilbert melendez was pretty good the other night

i thought he sucked, actually. :P

his commentary was full of cliche's and grammatical errors/etc. i mean, i don't expect a commentator to have a masters in english or anything, but i shouldn't be thinking "man this guy probably never made it out of 9th grade" when i'm listening to them speak.

I mean guy as passionate as bas Bas, as fluent and spontanious as Serra and Renzo, as tactful as Couture and is able to speak proper English. It's maybe hard to find a guy like that, but he doesn't actually have to be a top fighter, as long as he knows what he's talking about. I think that if Forrest was interested he would do alright as long as Anik handles the interviews. Although Forrest might be a little too crazy and unpredictable.

i think i could do it. i'm going to start watching events with the sound off and commentating on them.

Sure, maybe you could do it live and stream it online. You're not one of those people who talk through their nose are you?

These days it is often due to the sheer number of noobs following the sport. Most level 2 noobs(Brock Lesnar converted WWE fans) have never seen older great fights from even a couple years ago. Level 1 noobs (TUF fans) for the most part have been around long enough to have seen some great fights in the sport.

I find it kind of Ironic that i do the same thing but in reverse. I used to tape anything MMA related on tv. From fighter interviews to events and every PPV until the tapes took up my entire room so i had to quit around UFC 40. But as i looked back through them off and on over the years i noticed there was a few PPV events i labeled "Best event ever!" I wasnt over exaggerating at the time. I really though that event was the best up to that point. But another would later beat it and i would put the same thing on it. Now when i look back those are not as good as some of the events over the last 7 years. Basically since the UFC production and talent started becoming deeper around the start of TUF era. Here is the one that i do remember labeling as the best ever at the time. Still holds up pretty good. But at this point it is really impossible to choose. There have been many great events in MMA history.

UFC 31

Randy Couture

win

Pedro Rizzo

Decision (Unanimous)

Carlos Newton

win

Pat Miletich

Submission (Bulldog Choke)

Chuck Liddell

win

Kevin Randleman

KO (Punches)

Shonie Carter

win

Matt Serra

KO (Spinning Back Fist)

Semmy Schilt

win

Pete Williams

TKO (Kick to the Body and Punches)

Matt Lindland

win

Ricardo Almeida

DQ (Repeated Fouls)

B.J. Penn

win

Joey Gilbert

TKO (Punches)

Tony DeSouza

win

Steve Berger

Decision (Unanimous)

Rogan was terrible. The Japan card was the first time that I really got tired of Rogan. For the main and co-main event he was bearable, but at times I wished that I could see the fight without his commentary. I never thought he was great, but that was just aweful.

"Steve Cantwell muay thai game is outstanding"

"He's an excellent technical striker, really does everything correct"

"When he's on he really shows massive amounts of potential"

"What we see right now is the best of Steve Cantwell"

"This is the good Steve Cantwell"

That's in Cantwell's fifth in a row loss in which he didn't win a single round of a standup fight against a grappler. If Rogan showed a little more manlove for Cantwell he would've ejaculated.

"Akyama looks so good at welterweight" 30 seconds into the fight. He didn't win a single round.

I don't think that Rogan ever sucked that hard. Joe and Mike in my eyes just aren't the most talented commentators. Certainly not when compared to those of other sports. I would much rather see Anik team up with somebody, perhaps a spontanious fighter.

To be fair that is what the UFC wants. And probabley how the announcer should do his job. I just dont know if Rogan actually does it because its what the UFC wants or because he is a over excited 13 year old girl in every fights. But that is how UFC announcing always is. The reason they nutirder is to hype every single fighter. But they often use misdirection. If you ever read Sherdog forums and see how people take something Rogan said and run with it you will understand. Rogan wasnt nutriding Cant well. He would building cant well so he looks credible and in turn hypes the guy who just beat his ass. Then all the noobs think the guy who won is a beast because he beat a guy who really never beat anyone but a green Brian Stann.

Watch any of Leonard Garcia fights. They litterally have brain washed every noob into think the guy is a great power puncher. They spend 15 minutes every time he fights(15 minutes because he cant finish anyone) talking about his power. The guy has 2 KO's in 23 fights. LMAO!!! Keep in mind Gacia throws every punch from his ass and puts everything in each punch and STILL cant KO anyone. IMHO i think he has the worst power the UFC has ever seen. At least who uses striking as their main style.

It is part of making all the fighters seem larger than life. Its a fact of life we have to deal with. People pay to see stars and to build them you have to not only hype the stars but every one they beat and everyone that person beat. You make people believe Garcia has great power then those people inturn believe Korean Zombie has a granite chin and a beast. Then he got smashed by Roop who went on to be the "credible" opponent that Hominick beat to get a title shot. Garcia is a punching bag with a good chin that shouldnt be in the UFC at all. But the UFC use him to build everyone highlight reel off of.

Look at Gustaffson vs Vlady. UFC made the fight because Vlady is old and to slow to close the distance for a takedown. The announcers harp on his wrestling creds and never mention he is to old and slow to actually use his wrestling. Now to the layman he can beat world class wrestlers when it actually is still his biggest weakness. Now it will be a while before you ever seen him face a real wrestler.

The only fighters i can say for sure that Rogan nutrides out of passion rather than duty is the Diaz brothers, Manny Gamburian, Karo Parysian, and Dan Hardy. Basically anyone he has trained with or smoked with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I really don't mind Rogan, lately I have been watching some low low ranked Montreal fights on T.V and the announcers that they have for it are unbelievably bad. So bad in fact I have gained a whole new appreciation for Rogan. At least he is enthusiastic and for the most part doesn't put me to sleep. Besides he is there to narrate for you and he is pretty on the ball, he may be too excited at some points but also you are not robots and do not have to agree with the opinion based parts of the announcing. Everyone sees fights different (not as different as Cecil Peoples) and everyone will have varying opinions.

(I must admit though I do want to shoot myself when Couture joins him..... Joe: "This reminds me of the time you did THIS!! and THIS ANNND THIS!!!!!")

Is it just me that find Anik incredibly grating and annoying?

I think he does a good job but he makes a face with his mouth after asking a question during the in cage interview that gets on my nerves.