Anyone else is sick of hearing

jacky67

This guy not bad, what's wrong with u !!

He describe objectively how the fight goes and make it entertaining, that's what commentator are supposed doing.

I don't care if he like or not the sport as long he comment well the fights.

Now i get why i prefer strikeforce fight than UFC , good commentary.

nope. they both gassed out after 2 or 3 rounds, which took a lot away from the overall fight.

chandler vs alvarez was a better fight. so was edgar/maynard 2. and that's just naming fights from 2011.

thank i thought chandler alvarez was arguable the best fight i have ever seen and i think it brought a lot to bellator

thank i thought chandler alvarez was arguable the best fight i have ever seen and i think it brought a lot to bellator

yeah i thought it was definitely the best fight of 2011. i think the only reason anyone would put shogun/hendo above it is because they either A: didn't see the alvarez/chandler fight, or B: are too caught up on hendo and shogun being bigger names than chandler and alvarez.

yeah i thought it was definitely the best fight of 2011. i think the only reason anyone would put shogun/hendo above it is because they either A: didn't see the alvarez/chandler fight, or B: are too caught up on hendo and shogun being bigger names than chandler and alvarez.

Or C the level of talent in smaller shows doesnt compare to Hendo/Shogun. Everyone knows im not high on Shogun and Hendo is a shadown of his former self. But Alverez was never a great fighter IMO. Not real impressed with him. So when you see a great fight and two of the guys are at least proven names and very good power and weapons. Most will go with that as the tie breaker. Everyone gets carried away when Garcia and Phan/Zombie fights. But it is really just a glorified pillow fight. I would never give that guy fight of the year. I think Forrest/Bonner was the same thing but there wasnt any way to know it at the time. I will take a Chuck/Wandy fight over Forrest/Bonner any day of the week. The Belltor guys could be good fighters but no way to know for sure until they step up. People were high on Joe Warren in Bellator and he turned out to be a big turd. So imo, i will take the fight that has higher expectartions going in with proven ability verses the best in the world.

Or C the level of talent in smaller shows doesnt compare to Hendo/Shogun. Everyone knows im not high on Shogun and Hendo is a shadown of his former self. But Alverez was never a great fighter IMO. Not real impressed with him. So when you see a great fight and two of the guys are at least proven names and very good power and weapons. Most will go with that as the tie breaker. Everyone gets carried away when Garcia and Phan/Zombie fights. But it is really just a glorified pillow fight. I would never give that guy fight of the year. I think Forrest/Bonner was the same thing but there wasnt any way to know it at the time. I will take a Chuck/Wandy fight over Forrest/Bonner any day of the week. The Belltor guys could be good fighters but no way to know for sure until they step up. People were high on Joe Warren in Bellator and he turned out to be a big turd. So imo, i will take the fight that has higher expectartions going in with proven ability verses the best in the world.

I hated joe warren with a passion and i know not to over hype the talent out side the ufc like when people were say hector lumbard would dominate the middle weight division and be able to challange silva for the first time (this was befor the sonnen fight)or that eddie alvarez is the best lighht weight in the world. i just could never understand how they got so much hype yet they have not faced a guy in the top five yet. just like i know not to over hype the guys in japan. i remember when there was a time everybody was saying babiono fernandez was better then jose aldo or cro cop would be ufc champion inside a year or fedor would take over the ufc (dont argue with me just cause he beat to washed up fomer champions in tim sylvia and AA and contender brett rogers which he almost lost to he also nearly lost to AA) or the sinya aoki would sub bj then they come to use were they cant used banned substances and miss weight and dont get fixed fights and end up looking like turds. but personally to me i never thought the calibur of a fight made any diffrence to how good the fight is. a fight is a fight and if you put on a show i comend you.

Apparently it was. It got fight of the year by most people. No fight that is "not good" would ever win that award. Alverez fight was good amd in the running. But it is silly to compare their cardio when one is 205 and the other is 155. Second Alverez got finished and it is rare for a finished fight to ever get the award.

Also ESPN, UFC, Inside MMA, Wrestling Observer, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, all have Hendo/Shogun as FOTY. So i doubt it was that bad a fight.

nobody with half a brain has ever been high on joe warren. he's the worst title holder in any organization. (i just looked him up since you said he turned out to be a big turd, and saw he got KO'd this weekend, dammit i didn't dvr it :()

and i still don't see how you can put the shogun/hendo fight over the alvarez/chandler fight. that latter was WAYYY more exciting, and i'm sure you were out of your seat for more of that fight than for the shogun/hendo fight.

Apparently it was. It got fight of the year by most people. No fight that is "not good" would ever win that award. Alverez fight was good amd in the running. But it is silly to compare their cardio when one is 205 and the other is 155. Second Alverez got finished and it is rare for a finished fight to ever get the award.

Also ESPN, UFC, Inside MMA, Wrestling Observer, MMA Fighting, Yahoo, all have Hendo/Shogun as FOTY. So i doubt it was that bad a fight.

it was a good fight. but it wasn't the best of the year. the only reason it beat out alvarez/chandler is because they're bigger names and it was in the ufc. period.

Both were good fights. But we really have no idea how Alvarez and Chandler stack up in their division. We know what skills and power Shogun and Hendo have in their strikes and what it means to survive 5 rounds. Chandler/Alvarez could be great fighters but they are not proven yet. They could be glorified Leonard Garcia vs anyone or Forrest vs Anyone. All are very exciting but meaningless and not Necessarily impressive. There was 145/155 guys and as we have seen most fights in the division are all the same. From Almost all Tyson Griffin fights, Frankie Edgar, Clay Guida, etc everyone of them is back and forth fast pace fights that almost always go the distance. So what happen in the Ballator fight was nothing special for that division. You dont see fights like Hendo/Rua at 205 very often at all. Not saying im right or wrong. That is just how i look at it and base my decision on.

• 3 weeks later...