Ban curse words in names

sabaton

a bit off-topic, but has anyone seen a fight with two fighters that have the exact same name? i'm curious to see how those fights read :P

I haven't seen the exact same name but my fighter Jones faced off against another Jones. Instead of just displaying the last name in the fight text, it showed the full name.

@grasman. A curse word is a curse word is a curse word. Shit Fuck Bitch, etc. That's hardly the same as a possibly offensive name like Mike Hunt. Ban curse words. While juvenile, I don't have a problem with JBombs fighter names as they are not curse words. Reading Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt Hunt or Offenhard Offenhard Offenhard Offenhard Offenhard a bunch of times in a game is not the same as reading Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch Bitch

i don't particularly like the curse word names and i curse an insane amount in real life...i like silly names at times but i like them to LOOK LIKE A REAL NAME...i mean, Cock Sucker doesn't look as real as Eaton Cox.

silly names i've used that all look like real names. should they be banned cuz we have kids here? if so, why?

Phil Dass

Kraven Bush

Eaton Cox

Dick Offenhard

Dixon Herbush

Constantine Wakinov

Rolen Spliffs

Christian Slaughter

just to name a few. i actually quit making the silly names cuz i ran into orgs that took shit a bit too seriously and refused to sign the guys. yeah, it was getting harder and harder to sign my guys just cuz someone lost their sense of humor when they put the big boy pants on. now, these don't have direct curse words in their name obv. but to me, the bigger deal is does it look like a real name..BUT THEN!

Chad Ochocinco...what. the. fuk. and THIS dude IS in real life AND in the National Football League! fukn weak...lol.

Ill always remember eaton's bio. Just because my dad's name is Holden, doesn't mean he had to name me Eaton...maybe I'll name my son...Reuben.

My misses was wondering why i was laughing so much till i showed her it we both buckled.

• Upvote 1

who is to say whats a real name, like someone else said. Chad ochocinco....Metta World Peace just to name a few like it or not there are weird names out there, and more then one culture in this world, just because you come from a place where Dick, shit, bitch is bad doesnt mean it is, as someone said its you interperting it that way.

so lets review.

your world is not everyones.....there is more then one culture with many difference acceptable/un things, some names may look not real but there are people in this world from other places where names are normal. to me the name sven doesnt look like a real name, it looks like seven without the e a misspell but in some cultures its a very normal and popular name.........

step outside of your world and see others.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

who is to say whats a real name, like someone else said. Chad ochocinco....Metta World Peace just to name a few like it or not there are weird names out there, and more then one culture in this world, just because you come from a place where Dick, shit, bitch is bad doesnt mean it is, as someone said its you interperting it that way.

so lets review.

your world is not everyones.....there is more then one culture with many difference acceptable/un things, some names may look not real but there are people in this world from other places where names are normal. to me the name sven doesnt look like a real name, it looks like seven without the e a misspell but in some cultures its a very normal and popular name.........

step outside of your world and see others.

actually, this is Mike's world. If he chooses to ban names with curse words in them, then that's the way it will be. I personally think that curse words are used by people without the intelligence to use more appropriately descriptive words. I'm not perfect, and use my fair share of curse words, but I try to limit the use of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ill always remember eaton's bio. Just because my dad's name is Holden, doesn't mean he had to name me Eaton...maybe I'll name my son...Reuben.

My misses was wondering why i was laughing so much till i showed her it we both buckled.

His wife is named Sharon.

Once upon a time I read a curse word. Then I continued on with my life.

"A" is singular. I got no problem with reading "A" curse word either.

Try reading the first post.

The issue is reading it 100 times in fight text. Not reading "A" curse word.

There are little kids that play this game ya know.

• Downvote 1

"A" is singular. I got no problem with reading "A" curse word either.

Try reading the first post.

The issue is reading it 100 times in fight text. Not reading "A" curse word.

There are little kids that play this game ya know.

I would be more worried about why little kids are playing a violent game like this.

It makes more sense to me to limit the access of "little kids" to this game than forbidding words that "some" don't like for what ever reason they don't like it.

To hit someone so hard they come clean off the ground, get attacked by a crazed fan, cutting your opponent to peices and winning etc.. is surely less mentally healthy for "little kids",

than harmless curse words.... If i had to choose, i would much rather my 2 kids cursed like hardened sailors than dreaming of kicking someone so hard in the head they literally take off from the ground....

Imagine southpark without cursing.... that would suck balls.....but strangely enough, even though my son has watched South Park since he was 8 ( he loved it), he talks just like any other 15 year old.

Sure, he curses sometimes when he hurts himself etc.. but really, what's the harm in that?????????

They all curse anyway, who cares really other than some ignorant fucking prudes?

"Ouch,, oooh,, my ears,, i feel miserable because of all these kid are cursing", "lets stop it, lets try to create a sanitised unrealistic imaginary world for the kids, that'll fix the problem and all kids will stop cursing"....lmao

I'll tell you where you can put that sanitised scenario,, nah i won't, i think you get it anyway.

actually, this is Mike's world. If he chooses to ban names with curse words in them, then that's the way it will be.

You mean,, "this is Mikes world,, let's put pressure on him to adhere to your view of how things should be here".

I personally think that curse words are used by people without the intelligence to use more appropriately descriptive words. I'm not perfect, and use my fair share of curse words, but I try to limit the use of them.

Yep,, that's what you personally think, but that doesn't mean much really, it's only "your view".

Most people that use "curse" words use them becasue they don't care about the same "values" as those who worry about that sort of thing.

It has nothing to do with intelligence.

The words "fuck/shit/cbomb etc.." are cursewords in the USA, but are just funny words in Denmark and potentially mean very little to most people on this planet.

I've said it before and will say it forever, fuck verbal sanitation attempts.

It annoys me much more when people use jibberish for their fighter name, but that's just my opinion.

Why should i try to force that view onto people by having it banned, even though i am fairly sure that annoys more people than cursewords.

You mean,, "this is Mikes world,, let's put pressure on him to adhere to your view of how things should be here".

no, I mean "actually, this is Mike's world. If he chooses to ban names with curse words in them, then that's the way it will be."

I have done nothing more than state my opinion on the matter. And pointed out that if Mike happens to agree with it, he'll ban curse words, and if he doesn't, then he won't.

Yep,, that's what you personally think, but that doesn't mean much really, it's only "your view".

Most people that use "curse" words use them becasue they don't care about the same "values" as those who worry about that sort of thing.

It has nothing to do with intelligence.

The words "fuck/shit/cbomb etc.." are cursewords in the USA, but are just funny words in Denmark and potentially mean very little to most people on this planet.

I've said it before and will say it forever, fuck verbal sanitation attempts.

It annoys me much more when people use jibberish for their fighter name, but that's just my opinion.

Why should i try to force that view onto people by having it banned, even though i am fairly sure that annoys more people than cursewords.

Isn't what you wrote above "what you personally think"? Why should you have the right to post YOUR opinions, but somehow MY opinions are invalid?

• Upvote 2

actually, this is Mike's world. If he chooses to ban names with curse words in them, then that's the way it will be. I personally think that curse words are used by people without the intelligence to use more appropriately descriptive words. I'm not perfect, and use my fair share of curse words, but I try to limit the use of them.

i have no problem with that, what i have a problem with is close minded people thinking that their sheltered culture is the only one that what they see as normal is what is actually normal for everyone. Its not the case if you met someone from another country with a totally different way of life would they think your weird too? yes because its not what they know. So what im saying is step outside and see that there are many diff ways of life and such. i dont really use curse words game or Real life so it doesnt matter to me if they are banned i just think its sad that people are so narrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

no, I mean "actually, this is Mike's world. If he chooses to ban names with curse words in them, then that's the way it will be."

I have done nothing more than state my opinion on the matter. And pointed out that if Mike happens to agree with it, he'll ban curse words, and if he doesn't, then he won't.

Isn't what you wrote above "what you personally think"? Why should you have the right to post YOUR opinions, but somehow MY opinions are invalid?

My opinion is of no more value than your andf i didn't say your opinion was wrong, i just stated that it was JUST YOUR OPINION just like this is MY OPINION, no more no less.

The opening poster on the other hand seems to think his opinion on the matter is the RIGHT one, because it is "Cursing", making it automatically the rigth thing, and is asking Mike to restrict my freedom on his forum or in the game.

You are very right on one thing, this is Mike's game/forum and he is in his right to enforce what he pleases.

The problem with enforcing that for him is, the last time an enforcement happened here, it killed the fun and the forum became a desert in comparison to before, where the forum brimmed with fun and you always got a laugh or got into a good argument with someone.

There were exactly people like the OP that caused that to happen, constantly whining over other posters and their way of posting.

In the end, Mike gave in, pushed in a few new Mods, people got banned and then pissed off and the fun died.

Now it has been livening up gradually, but is FAR FAR from as good as it was in 2010-11.

For some mystical reason, or lack of intelligence, those who were constantly whining about this, that and the other, didn't seem to have the capacity to use the Ignore button or just simply not to read thread started by certain people.

No, they prefer to read what they don't like and then whine like newly castrated pigs about the "horror".

I'm sorry dude, i just don't give a fat anal fister about them and their opinions on right and wrong, they can have their opinion for all i care, as long as they don't try to force a restriction on my life because of their fucked up prude imaginary views.

Maybe mike should code a new tickbox into the game "mask any curse word/name with a sweet and cuddly one", he could put it just below the "holiday mode" tickbox.

That way i can enjoy being kicked in the face by a Bitch, and you can get hammered by a bunny.

That should make everyone happy, Right?

Or is it a "control craving thing"????

• Downvote 2

i have no problem with that, what i have a problem with is close minded people thinking that their sheltered culture is the only one that what they see as normal is what is actually normal for everyone.

No offense, but I think THIS is the closed minded point of view.

Personally, I could care less if i see curse words as I have a pretty foul mouth myself.

But, if something offends a certain section no matter how small it is then why do it? I know some people will say "fuck that im not changing because others are offended by things that dont offend me" and thats understandable.

Bu this isn't life alterin stuff here. The request was made to not use curse words in fighters names on a game. Is that so hard to do? There are like 8 billion other words and names in the world that can be used.

I just don't get the mentality...

• Upvote 1

I can't wait for my new fighter:

Shiteatingcocksuckerboxlicker von AssfuckJesus

Because I should be allowed to name my fighters whatever I want!! (pouting like 8 year old)

• Downvote 1

No offense, but I think THIS is the closed minded point of view.

Personally, I could care less if i see curse words as I have a pretty foul mouth myself.

But, if something offends a certain section no matter how small it is then why do it? I know some people will say "fuck that im not changing because others are offended by things that dont offend me" and thats understandable.

Bu this isn't life alterin stuff here. The request was made to not use curse words in fighters names on a game. Is that so hard to do? There are like 8 billion other words and names in the world that can be used.

I just don't get the mentality...

Lance, there are several groups of people that get severely offended seeing gay guys kissing in public.

The same think of it in horror for them to be able to marry, all because of fucked up imaginary belief.

Should gay couple not kiss in public because it offends others?

Generally i'm pretty polite to anyone polite to me and treat most people with respect first hand,

but as soon as someone starts to try restricting my freedom based on their opinions, the respect is goes away.

I couldn't care less if they restrict their own freedom based on whatever they belive in,

but as soon as they start fingering my freedom, they shouldn't complain when i bite them off.

If someone wants to get humped by a goat, go for it, but for love of all the imaginary gods, don't try to force me to do it. ;)

The best way to deal with a pet pieve like that, refuse to sign or fight fighters with names you don't like, it's very simple mate.

/rant over,,, lol

• Downvote 1

I can't wait for my new fighter:

Shiteatingcocksuckerboxlicker von AssfuckJesus

Because I should be allowed to name my fighters whatever I want!! (pouting like 8 year old)

Yeah, thats one stupid fucking name, i would probably refuse to fight that fighter.

But i would never attempt to get Mike to ban you from naming your fighter with a stupid fucked up name like that.

The bbest way to get rid of shit like that is to ignore it, don't fight them,

then it isn't "fun" anymore for them to make fucked up names.

When people make a shitstorm about stuff like that, the creator has fulfilled his purpose,

laughing his arse of at the idiots eating the bait.

• Downvote 1

i have no problem with that, what i have a problem with is close minded people thinking that their sheltered culture is the only one that what they see as normal is what is actually normal for everyone. Its not the case if you met someone from another country with a totally different way of life would they think your weird too? yes because its not what they know. So what im saying is step outside and see that there are many diff ways of life and such. i dont really use curse words game or Real life so it doesnt matter to me if they are banned i just think its sad that people are so narrow.

We're not talking about banning swedish, russian, german or french curse words. The game is based in an ENGLISH speaking country where certain words ARE offensive. Would you walk up to your mom and start swearing every other word? No. You'd probably get your face slapped.

Why?

Figure it out.

We're not talking about banning swedish, russian, german or french curse words. The game is based in an ENGLISH speaking country where certain words ARE offensive. Would you walk up to your mom and start swearing every other word? No. You'd probably get your face slapped.

Why?

Figure it out.

Wow, how old are you Sabaton???

Should you actually be playing this game?

Are you sure your mom knows you play vilolent word games??

• Downvote 1

Lance, there are several groups of people that get severely offended seeing gay guys kissing in public.

The same think of it in horror for them to be able to marry, all because of fucked up imaginary belief.

Should gay couple not kiss in public because it offends others?

Not at all dude.

But like I said this isnt a major life changing deal. If it is something you believe strongly in that is a whole other ballgame.

If someone told me the word sunshine was offensive to people from finland, I would be careful not to say it while in chat, because i know sometimes there are finnish in there and to be honest it doesnt effect my life in any way at all. I wouldnt really get it or understand why it offended them but I can communicate just fine without using the word sunshine and i can name my fighters easily enough without cursing so why do it?

I respect your opinion and realize that maybe Im just too much of a hippie or something i dont know, but I just dont see the point in doing something to offend others just for the sake of it.

• Upvote 1

i really don't understand why people get offended by curse words anyway. the words are harmless.

is there really a difference between calling someone a "shit-eating cocksucker" or calling them a "poop-consuming fellator"? no, there isn't. even though one uses curse words and one doesn't, they have identical meanings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not at all dude.

But like I said this isnt a major life changing deal. If it is something you believe strongly in that is a whole other ballgame.

If someone told me the word sunshine was offensive to people from finland, I would be careful not to say it while in chat, because i know sometimes there are finnish in there and to be honest it doesnt effect my life in any way at all. I wouldnt really get it or understand why it offended them but I can communicate just fine without using the word sunshine and i can name my fighters easily enough without cursing so why do it?

I respect your opinion and realize that maybe Im just too much of a hippie or something i dont know, but I just dont see the point in doing something to offend others just for the sake of it.

I totally agree with the highlighted,, in fact i agree with it all.

But, the point of this matter isn't considering other peoples feelings, but someones attempts at stifling others expression.

Having the right to do something, doesn't mean you "have to" or "should" do it, it just means it is in your right to do so.

I will do my best to defend that right .