Syn: Supernova IV

Avon

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9408/banner01ot.jpg

April is coming up, and once again there is a Syn Supernova looming. Chuck W94 has put together the kind of card that makes me jump up and down while shitting my pants giddy with anticipation :dancing:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed fights

265 lbs title match, loser retires:

Fidel Puno (Avon) vs Bubba KillsInWater (Pico)

205 lbs:

Bomb Squad (jacky) vs Taylor Norton (gdamn)

205 lbs:

John Keynes (Grey) vs Snake The Pendulum (jacky)

265 lbs:

John Turner (Judoka) vs Momoko Yamaguchi (Pico)

265 lbs:

Luke Daigle (BankRupt) vs Bulk Bogan (ItsMyTime)

135 lbs title match:

Brian Peppers (centaur) vs Jason Rose (gdamn)

155 lbs:

Jafar Agrabah (j666) vs Happy Day (dmichs)

170 lbs:

Alex Jackson (Deamus) vs Forever War (Grey)

145 lbs:

Charles Martel (CGrace) vs Kid Torres (TheFMan)

170 lbs:

William Barker (TheCreep69) vs Jake Young (dinooo)

Writeup (by dinooo)

Click

Press conference

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6589/press02.jpg

Bad idea?

Fighters like Bubba, Torres, Snake, Martel and Puno all demonstrated their tremendous social skills at the pre-fight press conference:

Bubba reacts to Puno's interview

New belts

Behold the new Syn belts:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6264/sylvia01.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4190/syneuroredbelt.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6454/synbelt.jpg

Other artwork

http://i.imgur.com/AEa0N.png

"Supernova" as imagined by ZyD

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1088/bubbadestroy02.jpg http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6937/invite01.jpg

"The metrosexual injun" by Avon, "Invitation" by Duxwig

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/558/civilservant03.jpg http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1206/peppers2.jpg

Links:

Bubba calls out Puno

Torres and Martel go at it

Thread will be updated. We're always accepting more art to fill out the artwork section. Feel free to PM me, Templeton or Chuck if you have any questions or comments (don't send constructive criticism, we do not welcome that at all).

• Upvote 10

seriously laughed out loud at that press conference video...amazing. i intended on doing a video for this event...AN EPIC ONE, but i havent even started on anything yet. been a bit busy as of late with midterms and my piece of shit internship...but i'm gonna attempt to make oen still. no guarantees, BUT I WILL TRY...DAMNIT.

I LOVE YOU AVON

• Upvote 3

Synchronicity Presents Supernova IV

Supernova is rightly named for this event. Two Icons of Tycoon will clash in a epic battle that should eclipse all others in there wake. Almost two years have passed since the last meeting of these titans and this one they are putting it all on the line. Fidal Puno Syn Heavyweight champion. The Pinoy Savage and one of the greatest fighters to grace Tycoon with his scary power and highlight reel knockouts takes on The Irritable Injun Bubba KillsInWater the most entertaining fighter period. Lets start off talking about Puno. His rise to fame in the early years becoming the pound for pound king and destroying all in his path until that one day. After Supernova II, Puno challanged Bubba to come and take him on. The date was set and both men took to the cage in one of the best fights of that year. Puno smashed Bubba in the first seconds of the fight and in the first minute Bubba got rocked and put on the floor with a huge left hand but that put Bubba into zombie mode. Bubba took control after that moment and won the first and second rounds and opened up a pretty nasty looking cut above Puno's eye. This made Puno mad and in the third round Puno came out swinging and took rounds 3 and 4. Leading into the 5th round both fighters were pumped up and ready to go. Both men covered in blood battered and bruised. Puno was landing better shots and it looked like was going to take the victory until Bubba landed a swift right hand to Puno's cut and the blood just poured out of it. The doctor stepped in and the fight was over. Now this time both men are fighting for there careers as they go head to head in a retirement match. Winner takes home the gold and the title of the greatest heavyweight in Tycoon. The other will be sent to the retirement home to look out the window and think what might have been. Puno or Bubba?Power or Heart? The time to decide is now.

The Main event of the evening is resident heel Jacky's elite light heavyweight Bomb Squad as he takes on SYN's Taylor Norton in a match up that has the fans mouth watering. First off lets start with Squad. The kick boxer who loves to stand and trade has started his legend killing beating Kane twice, Okoro, Juggernaut and most recently beat LeBlanc all via TKO or KO. Huge power in his hands he has only been to a decision once in his 22 fights which include 19 KO's and has been knocked out twice. After originally being partnered against Tonal, Sqaud said he would rather Snake fight Tonal but neither manager could agree and Norton stepped in to take the place against Squad. Norton has never been knocked out in his career and has some big power in his hands. He has all the tools in the box to beat anyone in the world and tonight looks to take a step closer to securing another fight at the SYN LHW champion who also fights on the card. He stepped in after his very impressive victory over LaVey and takes this fight on 11 days notice. Will Squad continue his winning streak or can Norton pull off the win and in turn get another shot at the LHW title.

Finally these two managers meet in the cage. Grey vs Jacky, there two premier light heavyweights face off. John Keynes the SYN Light Heavyweight champion. Very well rounded skills with power in his hands and the brains too pull off some very slick submissions. Hes up against another well rounded fighter in Snake. Snake takes on his biggest test to date and putting his 23-0 record on the line. In his past two fights he has taken on some tough opposition in Kauffman and Ruanti but tonight it a very different ball game. These two managers have been going back and forth on the forums every since Glory shot to fame. Now they finally meet up here tonight to finally settle who is the better man. Can Grey finally shut Jacky up or will Jacky prove that Snake is a legend and get the better of Grey once again.

A big heavyweight battle for the number one contenders spot as John Turner takes on Momoko Yamaguchi in a clash of two heavy handed monsters. Truth be told i could not pick a winner between these two guys. Turner has a chin made of steel with hands to match while Yamaguchi has big big power but his chins been broken in the past against heavy hitters which would make you favor Turner usually. Thing is Turner has never fought someone that hits as hard as Yamaguchi does and the last person to break Yamaguchi was War Machine who has the power to break anyones chin. So in this fight it will go down to who can land the big shot first i think. Maybe Yamaguchi can be the first man to break Turners chin or can Turner prove that he belongs with the big boys at the top and get a shot at Bubba or Puno? Either way this has Knockout Of The Night all over it.

Another heavyweight fight next up as Luke Daigle takes on Bulk Bogan in a battle another two heavy hitters. Both fighters have chins that have been cracked before but have the power that can break most chins in the heavyweight division. Daigle has the better of the stand up here tonight as Bogan will be wanting to get this fight to the ground as quickly as possible and put his ground and pound to work. Bogan is a seasoned fighter on a nice win streak and is looking to make a run at the title but Daigle who has had a up and down time of late will be hoping to stop that streak and start building one of his own. If this one goes to a decision i will eat my hat!

Brian Peppers one of the top Bantamweights on the planet and SYN's current champion puts his belt on the line against Jason Rose in a rematch from there close fought battle last time. Difference being? This time its for the gold. Now just to get a picture of how much this means to Rose he has only lost once. He claims he is 15 and Peppers and now he gets to try and put that fight behind him and avenge the loss. Both men are highly durable fighters who push the pace but i give the finishing ability to Rose with those heavy hands of his but Peppers is one tough man to stop once he gets going and it can be a game of cat and mouse. Fans are excited for this fight as much as i am and it should be a cracker for a rematch and maybe one of the top Bantamweight fights of all time as we prepare for Peppers vs Rose II.

Jafar Agrabah is the newly crowned Lightweight champion here at SYN and his first task is on superfight duty against EUFC's new champion Happy Day. Agrabah is one of the highest skilled Lightweights on the planet and loves to throw some big headkicks and take you out. Day is the same style of fighter with some power behind his shots and loves to scrap. The interesting thing to note here is both fighters are brown belts at BJJ and both have submission victories in the past which makes me think that could be a element in this fight if one or the other decides to get this fight to the ground if its going bad standing up. Either way this will be a memorable superfight here at this historic syn card.

Forever War is also on superfight duty here tonight as the Welterweight champion looks to take on WFC Champion Alex Jackson in a duel between two of the best managers in the game. Grey's fighter War and Deamus's fighter Jackson both have the backing of two great managers and both fighters can get the job done. War is coming back off a superfight loss to the number one welterweight in the world and wants to get back on winning tracks in another big superfight. An Elite striker with some big power in his hands will be looking to stand and bang with Jackson who will want to do just the same. Jackson who was known for not being a finisher found his power at the right time with a last second knockout victory to win his belt and knocked the same guy out again to prove its no fluke. Will he look to see if his power is there or will Forever War be a step too far for Jackson.

Kid Torres the self proclaimed greatest fighter on the planet and Charles Martel is wanting to shut him up. After back and forth trash talk between the two managers on the forums they will finally settle it here tonight as Torres takes on Martel in a 5 round fight. Torres recently lost his title belt at SYN and is looking to get a shot at it again and a win against Martel would do that but its a very big IF. Martel was the two weight champion at the EFC got a rep for his striking ability and being able to push the pace in all his fights. Can Torres back up his mouth or will Martel finally shut him up.

A late addition to the card see's Jake Young take up a fight on short notice against William Barker. Both fighters and managers stepped upto the plate to be on this epic card after someone else turned down the chance to fight Young. Young is a stand up fighter that is Nick Diaz like, loves to throw punches and kicks in volumes and clinch it up with a ground game that is great aswell. Barker is more of your ground based fighter using his BJJ blackbelt and wrestling to lock up submissions and lay some brutal ground and pound on his opponents. When talking to his long time trainer he said this about Barker. " He has the ground and pound of Mark Munoz and the submission game of Frank Mir. If he doesn't break your jaw he will break your arm". In a striker vs grappler match up that should be fun for all to see as Jake Young takes on William Barker.

• Upvote 3

kid torres get's the shortest writeup and is disrespected in the process. who wrote this thing? it's a joke. was this guy paid off by martel? disgraceful...what happened to journalistic integrity?

• Upvote 3

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af224/ProudFC/DoctorsOffice.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen please put your hands together for your favourite TV doc, the one and only Dr. Dhil………..

**Crowd erupts into feverish applause**

Dr. Dhil - Thank you! Thank you so much. Please take your seats. Before we get started on todays item I'd first like to clear up why we haven't been on the air for the last few weeks. As many of you may know one of the interns at the hospital I practice medicine at got herself a little mixed up. You see for a few weeks there she thought that waking up, after I had rendered her unconscious with chloroform, to find yours truly inside her doing my deal was something she hadn't agreed to. Now as any of my viewers know I'm an honest man, and all it took was a little talk, and half a million dollars, to make this lady remember that she was consenting during the act. 

**Murmurs from crowd…**

Dr. Dhil - But enough about that. We can all put that behind us, and look today, to help a couple of men who have some issues with one another. Members of the studio audience I ask you to watch you monitors.

**Theatre darkens and numerous flat screen monitors come to life. We see a youngish man wandering, seemingly lost, around a beautiful park.**

Voice from monitor - This is Kid Torres. The self proclaimed GOAT of the MMA scene. What you're seeing is candid video of him in his off time. He allowed our cameras to follow him for a few days so we could better understand what happened between himself and the other individual involved, more on him later. Little is known about this enigma of a man. He doesn't speak english very well, and when he does it seems as if you're talking to a deluded 9 year old. He speaks of himself mostly in the third person, and makes many claims to his greatness that have very little proof of back up information. One thing you have to respect about the man is that he possesses a self confidence that most average men could never hope for.

**The screen changes to show a few of Kid Torres' defining moments in the sport of MMA. His capturing the SYN Title on two separate occasions is shown on a loop since that's about the only thing of note he has done. The monitors dim and the studio lights come back up.**

Dr. Dhil - Please welcome to the studio. Kid Torres.

**The audience seems as though they were expecting someone of note such as a celebrity, even a local one at that. Slight applause can be heard from the small Mexican contingent in the back.**

Dr. Dhil - Welcome Mr. Torres. Thank you for being with us here today.

Torres - I don't understand why my manager booked me for this appearance. Your show is terrible.

Dr. Dhil - Thank you for that compliment. Now as I understand it you and the other party, who will be joining us shortly, have had some issues with one another recently. Care to tell me about them?

Torres - There's nothing to elaborate on. My manager tells me this guy fights people coming off losses, and he claims to be a champion? I've never seen Charles fight or knew who he was until my manager told me he was trying to talk his way into a fight with me. I guess he got his wish.

Dr. Dhil - This Mr. Martel sounds like a reasonable man, and I have confidence we'll be able to sort all this out. Studio audience members I ask you to turn your attention to the monitors one last time today.

**Again the theatre darkens and the monitors flash to life this time to reveal a drunken man in what appears to be a gay bar. The drunkard slips into a back room for a few minutes, and seems like a weight has been lifted from him upon his return. He tries to smile at the camera, but only manages to throw up. He falls to the ground out of the view of the camera.**

Voice from monitor - This is Charles Martel. What you're seeing is his darkest of days. He was riding high on a dominating six fight winning streak that saw him add two world titles to his collection in the EFC BW and FW belts, and then along came Richard Teixeira. He had Martel's number that night, and he went to work. Martel suffered a loss for the first time almost two years(game time), and didn't know what to do with himself. Fans abused him, critics bashed him, and even some of his own MMA fighter brethren started questioning the mans talent. He didn't know what to do so he went to the first bar he could find, and got drunk. What happened next people have speculated about, but Martel maintains he walked into the first bar he saw. He didn't know it was a gay bar, and he certainly didn't know that the going through that back door meant you wanted it in the…….back door. He was just trying to forget. Forget and relax. He has since sworn off drugs and alcohol for life, and has rededicated himself to the sport he loves. He secured a first round KO win over Frank Rizzo Jr since the Lil Terror fight, and promises another dominate win over Torres.

**The screen changes to show some of the highlights of Martels fine career which helps to erase some of the images brought forth during the prior scenes of his video. The the monitor dims and the studio lights brighten the room back up.**

Dr. Dhil - Ladies and Gentlemen, Charles Martel.

**The audience is now visibly confused. Questions of "Who?" can be heard throughout the studio, as well as "I thought Dr. Dhil usually had better guests?", along with the odd "This must be due to his rape case payout."**

Dr. Dhil - Hello Charles. Thanks for being here with us today.

Martel - Thanks for having me Dr. Dhil. I gotta say though it's kinda weird to be here being interviewed by a rapist.

Dr. Dhil - Alleged rapist, Mr. Martel, Alleged. Now let's talk about the issues at hand. What brought this feud between you two gentlemen?

Martel - Well most MMA fans are going to be aware of Torres over there, and his unfounded claims of greatness….

Torres - Unfounded? I've fought against not only opponents, but referees and judges my whole career. Everything's always stacked against me. Was Martel eevr #1? Did he ever hold a title that mattered? You can find this information out yourself and see he's done nothing of note.

Martel - Anyway, as I was saying, he and his management team were screaming at the heavens, and all who'd listen about how great of a fighter Torres is. I didn't see it, and I called him out. He ducked me a few times, but after I signed with his organization for a fight on SuperNova IV there was no denying the fight would happen.

Torres - This guy must be crazy to think I ducked him. How could I duck someone I never heard of? My manager presents me with the contract, I accept it, and that's that. I've never declined a fight in my career. Ask my manager or Syn about my "ducking." Charles Martel must be half retarded to think this.

Dr. Dhil - I feel like there's been a communication breakdown here somewhere. Am I hearing you two correctly, and you're professional fighters?

Martel - Yes. We're prize fighters. MMA fighters who fight for glory, fame, and money. What did you think our beef was?

Torres - As I said, the beef isn't with me. I don't know what my managers been out there doing, but this guy Martin or whatever, he didn't exist to me until a month ago. Why is this guy getting a fight with me? How does some guy who holds a fake title get a fight against someone like me? This guy is defending his title against losers and I'm trying to get a fight with Tonal so I can expose him. This matchup doesn't make sense to me. 

Dr. Dhil - Well to be honest I was under the impression that one of you had raped the other. That's why I have this doll here. You know for the old "show me on the doll where he touched you" gimmick. I'm not a doctor, well at least at the moment my license is suspended, but it sounds to me like you two have things figured out as far as how to settle your issues. I gather come April 1st you two will punch, kick, knee, elbow, and try to take the other down to beat the ever living shit outta one another. Is that about right?

Martel - Well yea I guess so. Sure that's about the gist of it.

Torres - That isn't the gist of it, Charles. You're dumb if you think this is gonna be some competitive fight. Your manager is throwing you into a fight you can't possibly win, just so he can take his 10% and go on vacation. We won't be beating the ever living shit out of eachother. If I don't knock this bum out within three minutes, I consider the fight a loss. This guy shouldn't be in the cage with me. Why did Syn even sign this guy? I hear they've been doing some shady shit lately, but they don't wanna be known as the org that got some killed due to poor matchmaking.

Dr. Dhil - Ok then well good luck with that you two. May the better man win.

Martel - Thanks Dr. Dhil, and I will win. One last thing make sure you fuckers tune in for this great event you're not gonna want to miss it! Not only am I gonna lay the beating of a lifetime down on poor Skid over there, but we also have the retirement match between Fidel Puno and Bubba KillsInWater. SHITS GONNA BE AMAZING!!!

Torres - He mentioned Puno and KillsInWater...I called both these guys out. They're setting up this "retirement" match so one of them can be saved the embarassment of losing to a featherweight. I hope Puno wins, I've always wanted to slap him around. I see him at all the Syn events...he got the hype, while I was overlooked. His training partner Ekaku has been dodging me for years, so maybe Puno will step up. I should be headlining this card, but I'm like the 4th fight. I don't get this...they should've got me a better opponent and had me headlining. Everyone is tuning in to see me, this is the reality. Fuck you Dr. Dhil.

Dr. Dhil - Thank you for being here today Ladies and Gentlemen, and good day.

• Upvote 1