Submission guys don´t do well in this game

kumipamppu

I always look at sweeps as a slider problem. IF you try to much finish or aggression you risk getting rolled. To much control and it gets stood up. There is a balance you have to find. I think to many people use to much finish and dont feel they should pull back on it.

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=436174

high agg settings for helix and even tho he is by far and away my best skilled ground fighter...i've never had a fight with that many ref standups. ive seen them, but never had them. counter control looks pretty good still. either that or helix is the dumbest fighter on the planet cuz his confidence is fine. didnt go too heavy on the shig tho so i have no clue...guess it's time for me to come up with another new plan.

high agg settings for helix and even tho he is by far and away my best skilled ground fighter...i've never had a fight with that many ref standups. ive seen them, but never had them. counter control looks pretty good still. either that or helix is the dumbest fighter on the planet cuz his confidence is fine. didnt go too heavy on the shig tho so i have no clue...guess it's time for me to come up with another new plan.

Did you use lots of control?

OK looked at you fight. It could be that your energy was low when you got the takedowns. He seems to have landed more shots on the outside and in the clinch standing. You also had less energy after the fight. Having less energy might have effected your ability to fight off his control. That is just a guess but as you know there are so many varibles it is hard to say if there is a problem or a legitmate reason for things.

My 14th best u mean.

Swansong kept losing with him.

I don't.

True...except you're beating guys in the noob league...next up maybe he'll fight Barbara Boxer 3 or 4 times...what a joke...and what a waste.

• Upvote 5

Yeah. I went 90 control, 90 counter , 100 advance on bottom. Has always worked good for me, since Mike tweaked 100 counter/control. Went 55 damage in standup btw.

they've always worked for me too...that's kinda the problem. ;)

Bomb, if your opponent uses any control tactics on the ground, I would use very little for your fighter or it will be a stall-fest with stand-up's often, as you saw in your fight. With the tweaks, and less control/counter/adv pos we may actually have to set new and thoughtful ground sliders. :)

True...except you're beating guys in the noob league...next up maybe he'll fight Barbara Boxer 3 or 4 times...what a joke...and what a waste.

What noob league ?

Guys in Afro Samurai's org have beat Tonal (ur god).

And now Afro beat guys with better skills than those who beat ur fighter when u had him.

What noob league ?

Guys in Afro Samurai's org have beat Tonal (ur god).

And now Afro beat guys with better skills than those who beat ur fighter when u had him.

Jacky, if you didn't want this type of feedback, you shouldn't have put Afro in a fight against someone as seemingly outclassed as Hulk Hogan is. No offense to that manager, or anyone they have fought, but Hulk Hogan gained his hype by fighting Barbara Boxer over and over again. Do you honestly feel that Hogan is the #4 P4P fighter in the game, and the #2 HW in the game?

Don't misunderstand - everyone knows Afro is a great fighter. We just want to see great fighters fight other great fighters. It makes for the most entertaining and intriguing fights.

Jacky, if you didn't want this type of feedback, you shouldn't have put Afro in a fight against someone as seemingly outclassed as Hulk Hogan is. No offense to that manager, or anyone they have fought, but Hulk Hogan gained his hype by fighting Barbara Boxer over and over again. Do you honestly feel that Hogan is the #4 P4P fighter in the game, and the #2 HW in the game?

Don't misunderstand - everyone knows Afro is a great fighter. We just want to see great fighters fight other great fighters. It makes for the most entertaining and intriguing fights.

I feel Hul hogan can beat Afro Samurai yes. Don't underestimate him.

• Downvote 1

Keep in mind, a year or so ago BJJ was terrible. No one made them, 80% of the fighters were sprawl and brawl. Some changes were made, and supposedly BJJ was improved...

Because of that time lapse...

a ) how many good managers are actually trying to win with BJJ, and have taken the time to learn the nuances of submissions?

b ) how many highly skilled fighters are out there with a top notch submission skill set?

---

and for the record, in real life the term Black Belt doesn't mean shit anymore. When I was an 8 year old taking karate, a black belt was a bad ass like Chuck Norris, or Bruce Lee. Regardless, a black belt could probably kick your ass.

Now days 8 year olds ARE black belts, because it's something their parents pay for at some half-assed aftercare program. Utterly Meaningless.

I feel Hul hogan can beat Afro Samurai yes. Don't underestimate him.

Lol, while I can't stand you or the stupid ducking and games you play I will be the 1st to admit your fighters are better than mine, and you are a good manager. That being said, I would fight Hulk Hogan any day of the week. That is easy hype just waiting to be farmed. He/she/it is in no way a challenge to a fighter like Afro Samurai, and all that hype is fake generated by exploiting the system.

• Upvote 2

and for the record, in real life the term Black Belt doesn't mean shit anymore. When I was an 8 year old taking karate, a black belt was a bad ass like Chuck Norris, or Bruce Lee. Regardless, a black belt could probably kick your ass.

Now days 8 year olds ARE black belts, because it's something their parents pay for at some half-assed aftercare program. Utterly Meaningless.

Saying that black belts are meaningless in real life because some people get them from McDojos is kind of stupid.

Keep in mind, a year or so ago BJJ was terrible. No one made them, 80% of the fighters were sprawl and brawl. Some changes were made, and supposedly BJJ was improved...

Because of that time lapse...

a ) how many good managers are actually trying to win with BJJ, and have taken the time to learn the nuances of submissions?

b ) how many highly skilled fighters are out there with a top notch submission skill set?

---

That isnt the case in BJJ. You are confusing TKD with BJJ. There isnt any kids who are black belts.