I Need Your Help

Grey

I'm pretty close to leaving this game. You've heard me blather on about wanting to be the best but I've slowly come to realize that it's just not going to happen.

1. I've had my shots at Jeremy Tonal and I've lost soundly. I don't see my guys ever reaching #1 any time soon.

2. The rankings system is so broken that there's no such thing as a #1 manager.

This means that I now don't have a goal in this game so I might as well take this chance to make a clean break. But before I can quit, I need your help. I currently hold a decent number of championships and I really don't want to hurt my fighters' orgs by forcing the owners to strip my guys of their belts when I retire. This is where all of you come in. I want you to take my fighters' belts. I won't throw a fight but I'd like to fight as often as possible, allowing for energy recovery and injuries, until I no longer have any belts and I can finally leave this game.

To make it easier on the org owners, my champions will take pay cuts to a flat $10k per fight. I'll take on the highest ranked challenger first but I'll accept fights against whoever's ready to go. I reserve the right to veto a challenger if I don't like him. Some of my fighters already have title defenses lined up but here is a list of the titles that I currently hold:

NFC Heavyweight (Golden Glory)

Syn Light Heavyweight (John Keynes)

Syn Middleweight (Mornington Crescent)

Syn Welterweight (Forever War)

Ascension Middleweight (Sunny Disposition)

BCL Super Heavyweight (Starship Pain)

Malevolent Heavyweight (Panzer Grenadier)

Of all these fighters, Crescent and Disposition don't have fights lined up. If my other fighters retain their belts after their next fights, I'd like to start up this plan then. Thank you for your time and good luck!

• Upvote 1

Well, that's what happens if you take game too seriously (as with anything that you put lot of time/money/effort into). I was also in same mood lately but prolonged VIP just week ago so I'll stay some more; if latest defeats happened before I doubt that I would prolong it. Or so I thought.

After heat dissipated for a while, you just start to watch fights with "let's see how this one loses" feeling and everything is fine. Now I have my new goals. Goin to try some hillarious slider settings just to see how it goes. Making it even more funnier.

Sad to see you go if you take that road.

if there wasn't tickers players could take day off the game.

I think tickers killed the game, who think like me?

they aint bad but they really should be slower

• Upvote 1

Grey, this sucks, bro. I know that we have not really interacted much except in the forums, but you've always been a class act, and I hate to see the good guys leave. Maybe like PBR said with a vacation going on there would be good. See if you can get excited about things again if you take a break.

I sincerely hope you reconsider, but if not then take care man!

I'm pretty close to leaving this game. You've heard me blather on about wanting to be the best but I've slowly come to realize that it's just not going to happen.

1. I've had my shots at Jeremy Tonal and I've lost soundly. I don't see my guys ever reaching #1 any time soon.

2. The rankings system is so broken that there's no such thing as a #1 manager.

This means that I now don't have a goal in this game so I might as well take this chance to make a clean break. But before I can quit, I need your help. I currently hold a decent number of championships and I really don't want to hurt my fighters' orgs by forcing the owners to strip my guys of their belts when I retire. This is where all of you come in. I want you to take my fighters' belts. I won't throw a fight but I'd like to fight as often as possible, allowing for energy recovery and injuries, until I no longer have any belts and I can finally leave this game.

To make it easier on the org owners, my champions will take pay cuts to a flat $10k per fight. I'll take on the highest ranked challenger first but I'll accept fights against whoever's ready to go. I reserve the right to veto a challenger if I don't like him. Some of my fighters already have title defenses lined up but here is a list of the titles that I currently hold:

NFC Heavyweight (Golden Glory)

Syn Light Heavyweight (John Keynes)

Syn Middleweight (Mornington Crescent)

Syn Welterweight (Forever War)

Ascension Middleweight (Sunny Disposition)

BCL Super Heavyweight (Starship Pain)

Malevolent Heavyweight (Panzer Grenadier)

Of all these fighters, Crescent and Disposition don't have fights lined up. If my other fighters retain their belts after their next fights, I'd like to start up this plan then. Thank you for your time and good luck!

That is really sad to read GG. Maybe take a vacation and tick the vacation box as suggested. You might find new goals.

Anyways you know what is best for you...

To anyone else you are free to come and try to take Starship Pains belt in my org BCL. Corrected from the misspell in Greys post.

You already fight Starship every week in my org Grey so that wont be no difference :P

Anyone else that also want to get rid of tiresome tickers do like Starship and come and fight every week at BCL.

Org

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=2948

Regards

/Ztarken

• Upvote 1

It is a shitty drawback to the ticker system. Personally, with summer coming I get into my busiest time of year with my work and other obligations to go along with family matters. My time on here is extremely limited and there are weeks it is a struggle to log on for more than an hour during the whole week. I know we have the 14 day vacation mode, but there is no allowance in this game for just being busy for a couple weeks, or shit, unexpectedly going in the hospital for a few days.

Recently I was in the same boat as you. I was so close to quitting and never looking back. Instead I decided to make a fresh start. My org was already in a great position, so I gave it to someone I knew would treat it even better than me. Then, I changed my goals for the game to some that I thought would be more fun. No longer did I care about becoming the #1 org in the game. I didn't care about my top fighters who all happened to lose big fights right around the same time. I created QFCT and decided my new goal would be to help others fight non-stop in an environment where they no longer had to worry about the annoyance of tickers or training. For me it made all the difference in the world and renewed my love for the game. All I did was reset my priorities from being the best to having fun. The league being added also helped with my spirit of competition.

I am not saying you should make a new org or business. But, a simple change of priorities could do quite a bit to renew your love for the game. Not everyone can be #1. The fact that Golden Glory was for so long already shows how tough a manager you are. You have nothing else to prove. Just have fun.

• Upvote 1

I was hesitant to talk about tickers since I completely understand why they're necessary. However, they do play a big role in my viewing this game as mostly a chore these days. I still enjoy the fighting (although not as much as I used to) but most of the week is spent setting training. I could just set my training for the whole week on Sunday but my fighters get into red tickers territory pretty quickly if I don't take a good amount of care with my training. This means setting up training every day. Plus, I don't really see too many pops these days so training's just a daily chore for me.

I guess that a vacation would be good although it's hard for me to take off for a while without completely quitting. If I leave, I'd want my account deleted and the bookmark removed from my browser bar.

I don't really know what would get me stick around. I'm not trying to make some kind of big statement by leaving. Mike's done an amazing job but I've been playing this game regularly for three years now. I guess it's natural that after a certain period of time, a game just won't really be fun anymore. I suppose that if everything I've ever complained about in the past like the rankings system and actually punishing the trolls on these forums got accomplished, maybe I'd want to stick around. But maybe not, who knows.

I know your feelings on tickers. Takeru and Kenric are pains in my ass when it comes to those. Every Monday at least 4 are in the red with plenty of other borderline. If that is a big issue for you then you should make a noob or two and join us. A lot of top guys who joined told me that tickers were a huge issue for them as well. They liked having some guys whose tickers they never had to worry about, since we ban all training. Just fight and forget.