Manager Rankings

ClarkKent

I think we really need a new system, I remember Stu had an idea a while back for how to do it but i can't find it atm. Atm it's pretty confusing and doesnt really reward the better managers in this game.

So you have given the new manager League rankings 2 weeks?

I think that is a well thought out way to work things. I say this all the time, there are almost 7000 managers in this game, and the handful on the forums seem to constantly over-rate themselves.

I think if your in league 1, finishing in the top in a few months, your a damn good manager and everyone can see that, more so than anything I've seen to date.

• Upvote 4

theres 2 types of people in the world.. fedor-haters and good people

http://i44.tinypic.com/mtwaat.gif

http://www.mmapunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/fedor-nogueria.gif

Nice one, havent seen first one so far. But ye, lets wait 10 years for Don Santos (or Bones for that matter) to get old and stack some injuries, lose some fights and scream that they were overhyperd :D Nothing more then kids - you have to sell them that they are watching something better then anything that has happened before (started to see "new breed" phrase lately :sad01_anim: ) Work like a charm, so it seems.

On topic, nah, I dont wanna go into that, stopped caring long time ago.

Nice one, havent seen first one so far. But ye, lets wait 10 years for Don Santos (or Bones for that matter) to get old and stack some injuries, lose some fights and scream that they were overhyperd :D Nothing more then kids - you have to sell them that they are watching something better then anything that has happened before (started to see "new breed" phrase lately :sad01_anim: ) Work like a charm, so it seems.

On topic, nah, I dont wanna go into that, stopped caring long time ago.

Jones has yet to dodge the big fights.

The great ones in any sport are the ones who seek out the best competition and make it happen. They don't hide in Pride fighting "Big Nog" every other week.

- Same point in boxing with Floyd Mayweather. Only 1 fight that should be happening Mayweather-Pacquiao, since they won't fight, that is what I will remembering them for- never took the big fight, takes on washed-up fighters past their prime.

They don't hide in Pride fighting "Big Nog" every other week.

Yeah because back in the day Big Nog was a pretty awful fighter ha...wow.

And yeah the league ranking is nice but couldnt there be a way that it factors into your manager rank or something? Maybe your rank can be the average of your actual rank and then somehow your league ranking aswell. I dunno but atm the League rankings is not to look at, but the actual rankings is all the really matters for F/A and on your page and stuff.

Fedor never been finished,

was screw twice by referee in USA,

beat every UFC former champ he faced.

Well past their prime and then lost to Werdum, and Henderson. I never saw the Arlovski fight,but from what I have heard Fedor got lucky in that fight.

I don't hate Fedor, but I am fairly convinced that he is overhyped. If he had come to the UFC and performed well... not even neccessarily winning, bt looked good while fighting I would have given the man mre credit, but instead has has avoided fighting the UFC fighters while in the UFC. He lost pretty convincingly to Henderson. I wouldn't really have called that an early stoppage. I will give him credit though. Before I saw the fight people were telling me that he got his ass kicked, and I didn't see it that way. He was pressing the action, perhaps got a bit over zealous and got caught, but a TKO is a finish, no matter how you look at it.

Yeah it was more like Arlovski had him and just got stupid!

And Fedor great skills to send that punch, honestly how many people would have send that punch with full power right on the chin when the guy put his knee at fast speed towards ur face.

Give me a name because i don't know any ufc fighter that would have send that punch.

The guy has an amazing ability to finish fights at any time of the fight.

Fedor :wub: GOAT with Anderson Silva .

PS/he don't dance a la brock lesnar when he get hit, the guy has 150++ heart/chin for sure.

PS2/I'm out of this topic gonna watch some Fedor fights.

Yeah it was more like Arlovski had him and just got stupid!

Fair enough. Like I said I never saw that fight. You're right. getting crazy with a flying knee is kinda dumb.

Fedor is way overrated in the manager ranks, he's getting all the good free agents. Game is broken.

This is pretty funny.

Also, I never said Fedor sucks or has no power/skill/heart. I just said he was overated. He does work as a fine example in this game.

Fedor was at one time considered to be the best P4P fighter in the world by many. In game terms that has him with the highest hype+pop. He fought good competition. But not all of his fights were particularly good. Some could certainly cound as cans. Then he loses to a ew people. Wredum, Henderson etc. His hype drops off dramatically. As it should right? He is still pretty highly hyped though since people are still all Fedor crazy, talking about him being la GOAT etc. But Fedor's Pop never really dropped that much. He fought high end competitio and he lost. But that didn't hurt Fedor's Pop. Just his hype. His pop might have even increased a little bit because of fights like the Henderson one. Even if it was only due to people wanting to see him get his ass kicked.

I don't know what the right answer for this game is. But I can see both sides of th argument. Since fighter and manager rank is based to some extent on hype then I think it is OK to be somewhat wrong. But I also get that since it affects the ability to pick up FAs that it should be fairly accurate at the same time. I also think that perhaps a system should be in place to reflect the level of competition a fighter is facing. If you are facing top competition and lose you should take a hype hit, perhaps even a bigone, but that probably shouldn't affect your pop negatively. Maybe even give a positive pop boost. However, lose two, or three in a row? Well, your hype shuld maybe take increasingly bigger hits while your pop should be gin to suffer also. Even if you mix a win in there once in a while.

So maybe the system can be reworked in some way that incorporates opponent hype and skill and utilize a win percentage system to reflect the way hype sorta works in real life. and Pop as well. Right now, as I understand it, if you win you gain both hype and pop. The system I envision would be more complex for sure, but it would not neccessarily simply be a drop in hoth for losing. Nor would it be an automatic gain in both for winning.

another fight for Fedor besides Arlovski, was the first one vs Cro-Cop, another fight he could have lost.

Fedor was great, but again, his manager or whatever wasn't letting him take the fights that could have solidified him as possibly the greatest ever. Lesnar - Fedor could have been the biggest fight ever, and looking back now, probably a very easy win for Fedor, though it would have looked great at the time for Fedor, as Lesnar was still considered a monster and packing so much hype, it could have been a career defining moment for the veteran Fedor... (since Lesnar's terrible standup hadn't been fully exposed to everyone yet.)

That is just one, his refusal to ever work with UFC etc.. on and on.

I guess that is one accurate reflection of MMATycoon too. We have managers here who hide their top rated fighters away, picking and choosing every possible opponent, and we will never really know how good their fighter was.... and we have managers who take every fight without hesitation.