Public Gym Subsidies

MMATycoon

OK so here's an idea I've had for a while.

Each city gets a subsidy of $X and that money is split equally amongst the public gyms on a weekly or daily basis. So let's say we have a $50k per week subsidy per city, if there are two public gyms in the city they each get $25k per week subsidy.

There's also the option to make it more complex. Of the pot, we could split it based on number of fighters signed, or probably better would be overall coach cost. So if you have higher coach costs, you get more of the pot.

Thoughts and alternatives please. I would like to get public gyms thriving again and do it quickly.

• Upvote 6

Just ban the option of private gyms, problem solved :)

But yes your idea sounds pretty good as well if here's more of a financial incentive to run public gyms. Also agree that people with higher coach costs should probably get more of the pot, it would be a little unfair for someone running a simple strength and conditioning gym to get the same as someone trying to run it with 12 coaches.

I still think as well with the amount of money that seems to be in the game these days there is an argument for increasing gym fees.

Just ban the option of private gyms, problem solved :)

But yes your idea sounds pretty good as well if here's more of a financial incentive to run public gyms. Also agree that people with higher coach costs should probably get more of the pot, it would be a little unfair for someone running a simple strength and conditioning gym to get the same as someone trying to run it with 12 coaches.

I still think as well with the amount of money that seems to be in the game these days there is an argument for increasing gym fees.

I was going to post, but I think that Dirk just covered all the points I was going to make pretty succinctly.

Money needs to get out of the game not in. 50K x 12 cities= 600K generated money each week.

But

It would be justable with a 3-5% coach cost increase to cover the extra money put in the Tycoonworld

Regards

/Ztarken

• Downvote 2

I'd link it to the cost of running the gym personally if it were added.

Like said if you have a CT/Sparring gym your costs are a lot lower and thus profitability much higher, then someone who has a well rounded gym with properly equipped Clinch coach, Strike Defence coach etc

More people would probably just go down the cheap route of a few CT coaches to make the money if it were everyone gets the same amount regardless of costs and that would hurt fighters looking to improve more then their physicals and primaries.

Money needs to get out of the game not in. 50K x 12 cities= 600K generated money each week.

But

It would be justable with a 3-5% coach cost increase to cover the extra money put in the Tycoonworld

Regards

/Ztarken

Nearly all the money would be straight back out the game on newly created coach wages. This would mean more public gyms operating basically just above break even, as is the inevitable way of the market forces.

How about a balancing equation where gyms with a ratio of less than 3:1 pay a "tax" that goes to public gyms with a higher ratio.

Example - Private gym A has a 1:1 ratio with 12 coaches so you tax them $200 per coach per 1 person under the 3:1. Private gym A pays a weekly tax of $4800 which goes to public gym owner B who is running a 5:1 ratio gym.

lol Math was never my strong suit though. But this does seem like a way to get money to public gyms without adding any cash to the already inflated game economy.

• Upvote 4

How about a balancing equation where gyms with a ratio of less than 3:1 pay a "tax" that goes to public gyms with a higher ratio.

Example - Private gym A has a 1:1 ratio with 12 coaches so you tax them $200 per coach per 1 person under the 3:1. Private gym A pays a weekly tax of $4800 which goes to public gym owner B who is running a 5:1 ratio gym.

lol Math was never my strong suit though. But this does seem like a way to get money to public gyms without adding any cash to the already inflated game economy.

I like this idea the best so far. This would actually cost me money and I still think it's a great idea.

What about allowing a company to sponsor a gym?

Basically I send an offer to a gym or get together with a manager who wants to start from fresh.

I then sponsor the gym for say $5K - $10K (or whatever the opinion is). This is then used as income for the gym owner. They in return keep the cap as low as possible taking their main income from the sponsorship.

So that it’s not abused the cap can only go so low, maybe have it tied in with the coach wages and the fees so that they just break even. So a coach fee of say $40K divided by $600 means the cap should go no lower than 67 plus a %age to include equipment/cleaning.

In return the company gets their banner put on the gym and if someone uses the business as a result then that’s a plus. If not then that’s fine as the important thing here really is to get gyms profitable AND able to offer good training.

This I agree with. +1

/ZZ

my thought was always to have NPC's join public gyms, that don't take up training spots, and they join gyms based on equipment condition, cleanliness, coach level, average skill levels of fighters in the gym (or average p4p or something), and the gym's weekly fee. could just have a set amount of NPC's in each city that the public gyms are competing for.

i like that way more than any "tax" or anything, since it's actually realistic. real gyms don't get subsidies or tax benefits or anything, but they DO make money from regular people that train there just for exercise/etc, that have no plans to ever be an actual amateur or professional mma fighter.

plus, since the gyms are competing for NPC business, it will help to alleviate the gyms with poor equipment/cleanliness, since that would cause them to lose NPC business, which in turn would help all the real fighters in the gym.

my thought was always to have NPC's join public gyms, that don't take up training spots, and they join gyms based on equipment condition, cleanliness, coach level, average skill levels of fighters in the gym (or average p4p or something), and the gym's weekly fee. could just have a set amount of NPC's in each city that the public gyms are competing for.

i like that way more than any "tax" or anything, since it's actually realistic. real gyms don't get subsidies or tax benefits or anything, but they DO make money from regular people that train there just for exercise/etc, that have no plans to ever be an actual amateur or professional mma fighter.

plus, since the gyms are competing for NPC business, it will help to alleviate the gyms with poor equipment/cleanliness, since that would cause them to lose NPC business, which in turn would help all the real fighters in the gym.

Problem is that it would still generate more money to the game thou... I like the idea thou since it would add some new business strategys to the gym business. Nutriotion and Clothes got some love from the merchandise improvement. Sadly that improvement also generate more money into the game. I believe that everything that takes money out of the game is an improvement.

/ZZ

• Downvote 1

top notch and profitable public gyms may be impossible, however i think with the introduction of seminars (something that has been tossed around for a while) on top of a set fund that gets dispensed to public gyms around fee time. i dont really want to have to introduce NPC's to help earn the gyms money. maybe having an elite gym fee introduce (where you have to meet requirements or something to go beyond the current 600 max) that elite gym fee would be like 1000 a week or something. anyway just throwing ideas out there right now and hoping something sticks

Yeh no idea about the maths either or whether the numbers in the example would work, but I was just coming on to suggest something where private gyms pay some sort of tax, you could call it some kind of administration fee, athletic commision fee to be a registered gym or something, whatever, where the money goes back into public gyms as some kind of goverment reward, athletic commision reward for people running public (amateur) gyms.

Perhaps you could also add some public gym only options like fighters buying lockers, energy drinks, towels just for a few bucks with no stock costs involved so that public gyms make a little more profit. The purchases could be somewhat randomly generated like the supp system works in gyms so that fighters only buy it sometimes and if they have the cash.

The argument for why private gyms wouldn't have this option is because they are a 'professional' gym, it's private, the fighters are Billy Big Time, they don't pay for lockers and towels, they come provided!

As you can tell I'm well on board for increasing the quality of public gyms, making them more profitable and therefore a more attractice business proposition as I think it could really help improve the game in the long run and help retain the new users. It's getting harder and harder to find a decent public gym in a lot of the cities, even though having trained a few of my fighters in some pretty average gyms lately I can say the pops and training gains you get is a lot closer than it was pre trainng changes, but mentally it still feels so inferior than if they are training at my own private gym which fortunately for me most of them are. :)

Problem is that it would still generate more money to the game thou... I like the idea thou since it would add some new business strategys to the gym business. Nutriotion and Clothes got some love from the merchandise improvement. Sadly that improvement also generate more money into the game. I believe that everything that takes money out of the game is an improvement.

/ZZ

i don't see the problem with it generating game money, if it's done properly. private gyms are already probably the biggest money sink in this game (not including the initial implementation of private jets), but i'm fine with somehow increasing the operating costs for private gym owners, in tandem with this. even if it's just semantics, having NPC's would be FAR more interesting and realistic than just taxing the rich (private gyms) to give to the poor (public gyms).

*edit* at least the NPC idea will help to increase the overall quality of public gyms (since NPC profits are dependent on gym quality), whereas just giving public gyms a handout would do nothing to promote public gym owners actually making their gyms better.

I like this a lot except the (average skill levels of fighters in the gym (or average p4p or something))

I think the hype gains should be brought in to incorporate sponsorship.

I do agree w/ this overall, except possibly some kind of "happy medium" zone for gyms to earn the subsidy. As in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio(12 coaches, elite) get the largest portion of the subsidy. These gyms are usually trying to balance the best training w/ lowest class sizes and hardly breaking even or already running at a small deficit. 5:1 above is pushing it. I could just create a Cozad gym, invite everyone, have 8:1 ratios, get subsidy, but have horrrrrrrible training.

I still think theres a place for the newbie gyms w/ less than elite coaches, or inflated numbers, but I don't think that is what we're aiming to help at this point. I think(my opinion) we're trying to fix the higher end public gyms by putting a small % more in their pocket for running close to breaking even.

I think by this small cavaet that will increase high end public training, move a few people from privates to publics, create a variety of newbie/high end gyms since people using the over inflated/less than 12-elite gyms would no longer justify paying $600, and would look for a possibly cheaper per week gym with small classes/better ratios w/ non-elite coaches while building up.

Even though I run a private gym, I'd be fine w/ being taxed and increasing the subsidy pot with this tax to help fund better quality public gyms.

top notch and profitable public gyms may be impossible, however i think with the introduction of seminars (something that has been tossed around for a while) on top of a set fund that gets dispensed to public gyms around fee time. i dont really want to have to introduce NPC's to help earn the gyms money. maybe having an elite gym fee introduce (where you have to meet requirements or something to go beyond the current 600 max) that elite gym fee would be like 1000 a week or something. anyway just throwing ideas out there right now and hoping something sticks

yeah i've been onboard with public gyms being able to run seminars for a while now. it could be a very substantial new revenue stream for them.

I do agree w/ this overall, except possibly some kind of "happy medium" zone for gyms to earn the subsidy. As in a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio(12 coaches, elite) get the largest portion of the subsidy. These gyms are usually trying to balance the best training w/ lowest class sizes and hardly breaking even or already running at a small deficit. 5:1 above is pushing it. I could just create a Cozad gym, invite everyone, have 8:1 ratios, get subsidy, but have horrrrrrrible training.

I still think theres a place for the newbie gyms w/ less than elite coaches, or inflated numbers, but I don't think that is what we're aiming to help at this point. I think(my opinion) we're trying to fix the higher end public gyms by putting a small % more in their pocket for running close to breaking even.

I think by this small cavaet that will increase high end public training, move a few people from privates to publics, create a variety of newbie/high end gyms since people using the over inflated/less than 12-elite gyms would no longer justify paying $600, and would look for a possibly cheaper per week gym with small classes/better ratios w/ non-elite coaches while building up.

Even though I run a private gym, I'd be fine w/ being taxed and increasing the subsidy pot with this tax to help fund better quality public gyms.

Yeh I'd agree with what you say we're aiming at, you can make some money by running a 'crap' gym, you can get good training by running a gym at a loss, running a decent gym with good training and still making enough money to make it worth your while is the difficult thing.

Things that can work are

1)money come from the fighters to the gym.why it will work ? because private gyms mean money from ur own fighters to ur gym, when public gym is money from differents fighters to ur gym.

How do it: increase cap.

2)Allow more coach for gym that use coach with less skills than 150:

Let's say you want create a gym for noobs, most of the noobs have fighters with less than 110 in a lot of skills, so (didn't remember how much) but a 110 coach could be use.

Wich means if u create that kind of gym with 110 coaches only then let's say u can create 15-16 coaches.

3)money come from outside the gyme(Game engine)/gym cost less money:

like mike idea it work to balance the economy between org/gym/nutrition...

or decrease coach cost

4) make 1-1 2-1 the same and 3-1 4-1 like the old 2-1:

less advantage from 1on1 session mean less private gyms, could mean less overall gym too, so it's tricky.

• Upvote 2