UFC on FOX: Diaz vs Miller Pick 'Em

We are one week away from another awesome UFC on FOX line up (at least I think it is). Probably wasn't the smartest idea by Dana and Joe Silva to put Diaz and Koscheck (two of the biggest shit talkers in UFC) on the FOX card. Could end very bad if the interviews go very wrong. Anyway.........to the Pick 'Em.

12/12 = 150k

11/12 = 100k

10/12 = 50k

9/12 = 15k

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks

Rousimar Palhares vs Alan Belcher

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson

Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson

John Dodson vs Tim Elliott

John Hathaway vs Pascal Krauss

Louis Gaudinot vs John Lineker

Danny Castillo vs Josh Cholish

Dennis Bermudez vs Pablo Garza

Roland Delorme vs Nick Denis

Mike Massenzio vs Karlos Vemola

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller - I love both of these guys and I think it'll be a fight of the year candidate, but I see Miller managing to win 3 rounds at least.

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks - Josh has questionable fight IQ and I think he's on the downswing right now.

Rousimar Palhares vs Alan Belcher - You know what? I'll be creative here. Belcher picks Palhares apart and makes it look easy.

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson - Johnson cracks Pat's chin and moves up the ladder.

Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson - lol

Danny Castillo vs John Cholish

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller - Not a huge fan of the Diaz bros, but I respect their talent. Diaz wins by Submission in the 3rd

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks - Tough fight, but Kos may have lost that last fight (no matter what the judges say). Hendricks rolls over Kos by TKO in the 2nd

Rousimar Palhares vs Alan Belcher - Interesting fight. Palhares has destroyed everything lately, but Belcher is a tough guy to game plan against. Belcher by Decision

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson - As much as I enjoy watching Pat Barry, if he isn't demolished by Johnson I'll be shocked. Johnson by KO in the 1st

Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson - Another interesting fight, but Ferguson (love him or hate him) has loads more talent then Johnson. Ferguson by Decision

John Dodson vs Tim Elliott - Dodson has dynamite hands for this weight class. A little crazy and wild at times, but it works. Dodson by KO in the 1st

John Hathaway vs Pascal Krauss - Two top prospects in the 170 division. I'd hate to see either one of them lose, but I'm giving a slight advantage to Hathaway. Hathaway by Decision

Louis Gaudinot vs John Lineker - I hope Gaudinot lives up to the potential I believe he has at Flyweight. Gaudinot by TKO in the 3rd

Mike Massenzio vs Karlos Vemola - We'll see how Vemola does in his 185 debut. I haven't been too impressed by Massenzio's last few fights. Vemola by Decision

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller - Can't stand the Diaz's but I think Nate has too much on the feet in this one

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks - Think Kos is too predictable with the one punch and the double leg

Rousimar Palhares vs Alan Belcher - Not a big Belcher fan but think he will make a run to the top 5 now

Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson - Johnson will KO Barry but I'll never bet against Pat. HD ftw!!!

Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson - Average match but think Ferguson has the edge in power

John Dodson vs Tim Elliott - Think Dodson will tear up this division before losing in a title eliminator

John Hathaway vs Pascal Krauss - Think its a step to far too soon for Krauss

Louis Gaudinot vs John Lineker - Don't know enough about Linekar so ill take a punt at Louis

Danny Castillo vs Josh Cholish - Castillo has been on the slide since the WEC merger and think this may be the end for him

Dennis Bermudez vs Pablo Garza 50/50 here but can see Garza sneaking out a decision or Sub late on

Roland Delorme vs Nick Denis - Can see an upset here, think Delorme will be put away early

Mike Massenzio vs Karlos Vemola - Massenzio has a punchers chance but haven't been impressed so far

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

We are one week away from another awesome UFC on FOX line up (at least I think it is). Probably wasn't the smartest idea by Dana and Joe Silva to put Diaz and Koscheck (two of the biggest shit talkers in UFC) on the FOX card. Could end very bad if the interviews go very wrong. Anyway.........to the Pick 'Em.

12/12 = 150k

11/12 = 100k

10/12 = 50k

9/12 = 15k

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Jim Miller

Johny Hendricks

Rousimar Palhares

Pat Barry

Tony Ferguson

John Dodson

John Hathaway

John Lineker

Josh Cholish

Pablo Garza

Nick Denis

Karlos Vemola

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Josh Koscheck vs Johny Hendricks -- I really want to be wrong on this one

Nate Diaz

Johny Hendricks

Alan Belcher

Pat Barry

Tony Ferguson

John Dodson

Pascal Krauss

John Lineker

Josh Cholish

Pablo Garza

Nick Denis

Karlos Vemola

Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller

Yeah, I don't know about Palhares winning from Belcher. If Alan can keep himself out of a leg lock for three rounds he wins.

Thats what it really comes down to. But Palhares has a very good and fast shot and Belcher is kinda slow on the feet and fights real stiff. Another thing that hurts Belcher is he doesnt scramble very much when taken down. Like likes to hold guard rather than work back to his feet. Putting your legs up in guard on Palhares is not a wise move.

Thats what it really comes down to. But Palhares has a very good and fast shot and Belcher is kinda slow on the feet and fights real stiff. Another thing that hurts Belcher is he doesnt scramble very much when taken down. Like likes to hold guard rather than work back to his feet. Putting your legs up in guard on Palhares is not a wise move.

He fights a little stiff because he is a Muay Thai fighter by trade. If I remember correctly Belcher has a Brown Belt in BJJ.

He fights a little stiff because he is a Muay Thai fighter by trade. If I remember correctly Belcher has a Brown Belt in BJJ.

Thats not what i mean. Silva is Thai also but isnt stiff. Belcher is a big powerful guy who is more robot like than others out of the Brain Stan mold but not so bad. Maybe Agile is the word im looking for. Not real fast fights straight forward doesnt have a lot of movement. His rank in BJJ doesnt mean much. I know lots of high ranked guys in BJJ but applying it in MMA to guys better build for it is another thing. Belcher isnt easy to subit thats why i mostly think he will lose by decision. But most BJJ guys dont prepare properly for leglocks so there is a chance of a sub in that regards.

Thats not what i mean. Silva is Thai also but isnt stiff. Belcher is a big powerful guy who is more robot like than others out of the Brain Stan mold but not so bad. Maybe Agile is the word im looking for. Not real fast fights straight forward doesnt have a lot of movement. His rank in BJJ doesnt mean much. I know lots of high ranked guys in BJJ but applying it in MMA to guys better build for it is another thing. Belcher isnt easy to subit thats why i mostly think he will lose by decision. But most BJJ guys dont prepare properly for leglocks so there is a chance of a sub in that regards.

That is a fair assessment. I think we all need to remember that Belcher's last fight was his first fight in over a year and he did face a declining (and soon to be retired) Jason McDonald. I don't think Belcher has fought anyone of Palhares' caliber, so I think it is a tough fight to judge. I do agree that it will probably go to a decision, but I think it's about 50/50 on who has the upper hand.

Agree. Pal has to get it down and fast. If he cant get it down in the first 3 minutes his ass is grass. I feel Belcher is decent at stopping takedowns especially since he will have reach and use the jap to control the distance. He sprawls well i just feel when someone is persistant with the takedown he relents. This is where i think Pal can get him because Pal sure as hell isnt going to be doing anything else. Sp he will shoot and get sprawled and counter the sprawl and get him down during the scramble. Its really lose but it always is close when you got someone one diminsional fighting.