Add Reach to Fighters

gregstuna

and let me guess...

Taller fighters get an advantage. Everyone makes 7'4" fighters again?

Why bother?

That's no different than it is now. Taller fighters automatically have a higher reach. All he's saying is that reach should be fairly random so you can have the occassions where a guy that is 2 inches smaller can have a reach advantage. Right now every fighter that is 6-1 has the same exact reach and a 6-1 fighter will ALWAYS have a reach advantage against a 6-0 fighter.

• Upvote 1

Not if there was some benefits in having t-rex arms.

Yeah like if it was easier to get out of submissions. A good chunk of submissions involve wrist and arm control, so maybe if you have shorter arms it would be harder to get submitted. Probably not entirely realistic, I'm not a submission expert by any means but it might be a good mechanic to use in the game since it at least somewhat makes sense.

But really, I think it's fine just going by height. Because what would height do then? And if it does end up getting added, I think we should be able to choose it. We are allowed to choose the other physical attributes, such as height and weight, so why couldn't we pick this? Or at least be consistent and make ALL of it random then.

Just my thoughts and I'm not saying my answers are the best, but that's the feeling I have at the moment.

Not if there was some benefits in having t-rex arms.

Yeah like if it was easier to get out of submissions. A good chunk of submissions involve wrist and arm control, so maybe if you have shorter arms it would be harder to get submitted. Probably not entirely realistic, I'm not a submission expert by any means but it might be a good mechanic to use in the game since it at least somewhat makes sense.But really, I think it's fine just going by height. Because what would height do then? And if it does end up getting added, I think we should be able to choose it. We are allowed to choose the other physical attributes, such as height and weight, so why couldn't we pick this? Or at least be consistent and make ALL of it random then. Just my thoughts and I'm not saying my answers are the best, but that's the feeling I have at the moment.

Yeah Mr. Mike :) Give short armed fighters a benefit and it could make the game a little more interesting :)

short arms dont always have the key to good ground over long.

i think maybe 1 or 2 inches shorter then height like maybe a small % of people have 6 feet 1 reach and are 6 feet 2 inches tall, could be like 5% of fighters have smaller then average reach, 5% bigger. or even 1 or two inches either way 90% of the fighters will have, but 3-5 inches either way 10%.