Kung Le

I think hes kind of badass, note that I have only watched him fight a few times I really enjoy watching him as his kicks are wicked and he loves to do them.

His shamrock match was hella good!

And before anyone says yes I realize I hit K instead of C.

Cung Le

Funny guy, it was not a typo error of that nature, it was because I have been thinking of naming one of my fighters Kung Le instead of just copying his name.

So when I made this topic I typed it like that ROFL

But anyways laugh it up its funny and I always nag at people for this very thing so go ahead and let me have it, I can take it!

I'm just messing, i have fecked up titles before....rather annoying.

I have not seen much of him myself except for a fight or 2 (i remember the Shamrock fight) and he seemed alright. He seemed like a good guy as well when i saw him on an MMA show (think it was Inside MMA)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree he is an exciting fighter and a big draw especially in California but he has yet to face an in shape threat. Frank could have been a threat if he had tried to grapple but he wanted to stand and that proved his detriment.

the second he faces a good grappler, that actually tries to grapple and doesn't get baited into a striking match like shamrock, he is done.

I agree, he'd have to be matched up against a pure striker (Anderson Silva, Mike Swick, etc) and the second he fought a 185'er like Yushin Okami, Nate Marquet, he'd likely get his ass kicked. But he'd dynamic of a striker that I'd like to see him fight Silva, not saying he would win, he could, but I'd just like to see Anderson deal with that dynamic striking.

the second he faces a good grappler, that actually tries to grapple and doesn't get baited into a striking match like shamrock, he is done.

What you two above are missing is the fact that Cung was a Shan Shao master, pretty much walked through all the competition available, before becoming an MMA fighter. Do some youtube searches and a wiki search on his shan shao record its some great stuff, especially when he scores with the leg scissors. Guy did trip takedowns, german suplex, leg scissors, leg trips, all with (I believe) 8 oz gloves on. I do believe he lacks the ability to submit someone, but his takedown defence and grappling should be on par with any jui jitsu fighter and his clinchwork better than most.

You'd have to find a great wrestler that can take those kicks to beat Cung Li. Some leg kicks with Cung's precision and power would easily disable a good wrestling strategy if allowed.

What you two above are missing is the fact that Cung was a Shan Shao master, pretty much walked through all the competition available, before becoming an MMA fighter. Do some youtube searches and a wiki search on his shan shao record its some great stuff, especially when he scores with the leg scissors. Guy did trip takedowns, german suplex, leg scissors, leg trips, all with (I believe) 8 oz gloves on. I do believe he lacks the ability to submit someone, but his takedown defence and grappling should be on par with any jui jitsu fighter and his clinchwork better than most.

You'd have to find a great wrestler that can take those kicks to beat Cung Li. Some leg kicks with Cung's precision and power would easily disable a good wrestling strategy if allowed.

Let's face it, he's small for his weight class. He's a very dynamic striker, but a guy like Yushin Okami and Nate Marquet (I spell his name wrong everytime, I'm sure..) would beat him with relative ease I think. Especially Okami, he has solid boxing technique that can actually set up his takedowns, and he's a great wrestler.

He doesn't end up in someone's guard after a takedown in sanshou, he just gets points. There is no risk. A decent jiu-jitsu practioner or even a wrestler would expose him on the ground. There is a reason he only chooses to strike in MMA matches. Frank Shamrock could have tapped him anytime he wanted, but all those shots to the head made him think his kickboxing training>sanshou champion striking.