just out of shear curiousity

64 members have voted

1. 1. would you donate to remove tickers?

• yes
    • no
    • i'd pay if i had the money. but i dont so i wont. but damn the tickers!

i'd donate $5 for mike to pick a random age above 31 where the skills just start to decline no matter what u do so we can get rid of some of these old ass fighters and give some of these young bucks a chance to shine. base it off the injury hidden and don't tell anyone how fast the decline is or the exact age when it kicks in...make everybody actually pay attention to their training.

i mean really...how long do these guys really need to fukn be around? don't any of u get sick of seeing the same fukn guys over and over and over? maybe that's why no one talks about the fighters like they used to...they're bored with it.

i say speed up training at younger ages so we can get these guys fighting quicker and speed up the age of decline so we can move them out quicker. it would also make a "project fighter" more of a big deal becuz one would have to choose if they want to train, train, train and have a shorter "fighting career".

yeah, i don't really have much of a problem with the tickers. i got some major vets, old dogs...and i've had like 4 de-pops ever...all of them were cardio. why? cuz i finally got it through my thick skull that my guys are already badasses and don't need to be more badass...they just need to STAY badass. that shit is so fukn easy it's stupid. it's training for dummies. the tickers actually TELL U WHAT U NEED TO TRAIN! hahaha! it's fukn foolproof.

also...u fuckers forget that it takes 40 fukn sessions to de-pop a full point!? 40 sessions! that's an entire month!

now...some of u call bullshit and that's cuz u may be at wond-- and like .5 from a de-pop, so it looks like u had a de-pop down to remark++ but in all actuality, u lost like .6 (hence the de-pop...but it wasn't even a full point! THE RED IS NOT SCARY!

doing it the way i just stated, on several occasions, i have done exactly what mike intended with the whole "don't train ground game for a guy that doesn't take it to the ground" thing and believe me, it works. why bother training ground game for a fight u know will remain standing? it doesn't happen all the time cuz there are a lot of well-rounded fighters but even then, pick ur strength and go with it. is that so bad?

anyways, sorry for the rant. i really just can't wait til i can retire a few guys and start some more new blood.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

i'd donate $5 for mike to pick a random age above 31 where the skills just start to decline no matter what u do so we can get rid of some of these old ass fighters and give some of these young bucks a chance to shine. base it off the injury hidden and don't tell anyone how fast the decline is or the exact age when it kicks in...make everybody actually pay attention to their training.

i mean really...how long do these guys really need to fukn be around? don't any of u get sick of seeing the same fukn guys over and over and over? maybe that's why no one talks about the fighters like they used to...they're bored with it.

i say speed up training at younger ages so we can get these guys fighting quicker and speed up the age of decline so we can move them out quicker. it would also make a "project fighter" more of a big deal becuz one would have to choose if they want to train, train, train and have a shorter "fighting career".

yeah, i don't really have much of a problem with the tickers. i got some major vets, old dogs...and i've had like 4 de-pops ever...all of them were cardio. why? cuz i finally got it through my thick skull that my guys are already badasses and don't need to be more badass...they just need to STAY badass. that shit is so fukn easy it's stupid. it's training for dummies. the tickers actually TELL U WHAT U NEED TO TRAIN! hahaha! it's fukn foolproof.

also...u fuckers forget that it takes 40 fukn sessions to de-pop a full point!? 40 sessions! that's an entire month!

now...some of u call bullshit and that's cuz u may be at wond-- and like .5 from a de-pop, so it looks like u had a de-pop down to remark++ but in all actuality, u lost like .6 (hence the de-pop...but it wasn't even a full point! THE RED IS NOT SCARY!

doing it the way i just stated, on several occasions, i have done exactly what mike intended with the whole "don't train ground game for a guy that doesn't take it to the ground" thing and believe me, it works. why bother training ground game for a fight u know will remain standing? it doesn't happen all the time cuz there are a lot of well-rounded fighters but even then, pick ur strength and go with it. is that so bad?

anyways, sorry for the rant. i really just can't wait til i can retire a few guys and start some more new blood.

Make the random age above 32 and I 100% agree with this. Right now, I only agree with 99.9%. :D

Seriously, this post is spot on.

If the two options are tickers and the way it used to be, I pick tickers, voted no. They're not that bad at all, I think I've had like four de-pops total because of not checking my training often enough. Reversed the effects in a few sessions. I thought Mike's intention behind tickers was so all fighters didn't look the same.

• Upvote 1

The plan is to get rid of tickers and replace with a less time-intensive system, then email everyone that left and tell them they're gone to see if we can get some people back.

Now, this flippin QFC org this is a problem that I wasn't aware of. I can add a no-training option to org contracts, then we can maybe only allow 1/4 hype / pop gains from fights under those contracts, perhaps working in total skill points too. That's what I was going to do with the new fighter creation tournaments. I'm happy to discuss all other suggestions - I'm just struggling to see how an amateur system could be retrospectively added for these fighters and it would start getting really messy trying to display those fights on a manager / fighter record, unless we just didn't display them at all in the W / L / D bit at the top.

• Upvote 4

i mean if the end result has already been decided and it is to get rid of the tickers for something better and you know this, then why must we suffer through the tickers in the time being? why not get rid of the shit pile while we're waiting? rather than just plopping right down beside it and suffering through the terrible fumes.

i mean, if your walking along and it starts pouring down rain and your only resort is to rest under a tree until it passes and there happens to be a huge pile of smelly shit under it with you, do you leave the shit pile there to smell? or do you remove the shit pile and enjoy the most pleasant experience available to you at the moment? why not make the best of the experience? remove the shit and wait it out in fresher air

Fuck yeah: remove remove thatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Tickerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

that's always what i thought remove them before a better option.

I'm not bored with any of my fighters :(

1/4 hype gains seems a bit harsh. I have had run 30 events so far with 3 per week. Of my roster only 2 fighters have really been able to fight more frequently than once per week. The vast majority is right at or just under once per week with quite a few injury prone guys out there. When I was running a normal org I had many managers asking to be assured a fight every 2 weeks which I don't think anyone would call unreasonable. Basically, in the little over 3 and a half months I have run QFCT they would have had 5-6 fights while the majority of my fighters are around 8-10 fights in the same time span. That isn't 4 times as many fights. I don't think we should promote the idea that 1 month is the ideal gap between fights. That just leads to more cherry picking and Jacky-like antics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

just wondering how someone that has never trained a fighter long enough for any tickers to kick in can be so dead set against them -- have you actually ever had a ticker kick in edfan? -- dont think you have trained any guy long enough myself

i trained fighters for 7 months and im here to tell you that tickers effect everybody. that's where i think that you're really naive. you're one of these ppl that have tunnel vision and only see it as a hinderence for older fighters. but it creates problems for young fighters as well. in order to compete competitively in the cage you've got to have at least one area of the fight that you're decently skilled in. well, along with that decent skill you bring a ticker that you've got to maintain along with it. so rather than focusing on building the rest of your fighters skills so you can keep moving up the ladder, you've got to keep breaking away for some other shit.

if you honestly think about it, it's just an annoyance. that's all it is. they dont do anything to the older fighters. they keep the newer fighters down and it makes the game a lot less satisfying.

but in the end i have to emphasize how funny i think you and several other ppl are. you're missing the point so much it's hilarious to me. you're all hung up on this "well if you just set your schedules correctly you wont have depops". what do you guys even mean by that? do you realize that by avoiding the tickers all that means is that it isnt working correctly? you're all okay with the tickers because you can keep them from dropping. that doesnt even make sense? my thought is, if the tickers actually did work and they actually did cause declines in skills, would you still be okay with it then? you wouldnt lol. that's why mike changed it back lol. cause ppl complained about skills dropping. that's it. ppl didnt like to see skills decline. but now you say tickers are okay, but they dont work? the correct way to say it is "they're okay as long as i can easily avoid them" lol. so why even have them in the game? i mean, like i said before, they dont achieve anything aside from being an annoyance and a deturrent. but that's just my opinion

The plan is to get rid of tickers and replace with a less time-intensive system, then email everyone that left and tell them they're gone to see if we can get some people back.

that's good to hear. tickers fundamentally and logically were a good idea and well setup. but i dont think anyone at the time had the foresight to realize the intensity that they involved. you just cant expect ppl to be glued in to the game as much as they require. unless of course you're talking about before the tickers ever came into the game. at that point in time i actually felt like i had a for real addiction to this game. but i guess it's just innevitable for all games. i mean, my favorite football game ever was super tecmo bowl for nintendo. it was simple and a blast to pick up and play. same for the madden games. back in the day they were awesome. but overtime they have no choice but to become more and more technical. although in my opinion it gets worse and worse to play every year. it's just bound to be that way i guess :(

that's good to hear. tickers fundamentally and logically were a good idea and well setup. but i dont think anyone at the time had the foresight to realize the intensity that they involved. you just cant expect ppl to be glued in to the game as much as they require. unless of course you're talking about before the tickers ever came into the game. at that point in time i actually felt like i had a for real addiction to this game. but i guess it's just innevitable for all games. i mean, my favorite football game ever was super tecmo bowl for nintendo. it was simple and a blast to pick up and play. same for the madden games. back in the day they were awesome. but overtime they have no choice but to become more and more technical. although in my opinion it gets worse and worse to play every year. it's just bound to be that way i guess :(

They're really not as big of a deal as you make of them. I hardly check my training, and some days I forget to set my fighters training, they're not declining at some alarming rate.

another great thing about the old game that i surely hope the new system possesses is optimism. that was one thing that was key in the old game. in the old game even as an old manager you always new that you could sack an old fighter that went 12-4 but just wasnt ever going to be the greatest, and create another one in a reasonable amount of time. even then it took probly about 4-6 months to get him to the point that he could be a p4p guy. thats a long time in real life time but it's reasonable and it keeps you interested and hooked. once it started slowing down and down and down and you pretty much started to realize that the fleet of fighters that you currently have are the fleet of fighters that you're going to end the game with, i believe it killed a lot of ppls ambition. i mean, to me, the drive for the game was always the desire to be #1. i always knew that not all of my fighters were the best on the game. but i had optimism that the next guy i created could be. so it kept me going. but as the game slowed and slowed it was actually taking away from one of the few things that keeps ppl in it

i mean, just taking it from my own personal perspective and how i am as a person, if i dont feel like i've got the oppurtunity to compete at the highest level, then i dont waste my time with it. i dont feel like im alone in that. that's why i feel like it's important that fighters cycle through faster than they do currently. you've got to allow ppl there due time at the top. after all that's what we are all working for. but at the same time, you cant expect other ppl to wait forever.

let's take deamus for example. he's got jeremy tonal. he's the best fighter. if it takes 2 years to get a top fighter then how likely do you think it will be that he'll hang around after tonal retires? do you think he'd be more likely to hang around if the option to create another tonal was something that only took like 4-6 months? you always want it to be revolving. in my opinion, right now things are too stationary. you want ppl to keep the feeling of movement. keep them looking forward to whats around the next corner. currently it's like you're all in with the cards you're holding. take a lesson from poker. ppl will stay in the game if the ante's are small and the cards are good. just keep dealing. the one shot system that we got now where you spend forever training a single fighter and by the time you figure out he's not gonna be P4P you've invested so much that you cant afford to let him go and cant bare to keep playing with him. you're just stuck in a situation that's not appealing

in the new system i think fighters should cycle through faster and the rarity of getting a truly great fighter made less

• Upvote 1

They're really not as big of a deal as you make of them. I hardly check my training, and some days I forget to set my fighters training, they're not declining at some alarming rate.

some days. what about the guy that only plays some days

their is no intensity involved in setting up training, its as simple as it ever was really just cause you cant spam train same skill for weeks in a row now doesnt mean their is intensity. i have several new builds under the new system along with older builds and i dont see one thing with tickers hindering them (yea they are still pretty young but that is the point making it tougher the higher in skill you get and older more you learn). you havent done much but complain since you started your new account and expected to be #1 in few months. but you are entitled to your opinion. just as i am mine and everyone else theirs. and i dont think too many people at all want the old system back (which is really what it seems you want). but im glad mike is keeping a system in place and not giving in

their is no intensity involved is setting up training, its as simple as it ever was really just cause you cant spam train same skill for weeks in a row now doesnt mean their is intensity. i have several new builds under the new system along with older builds and i dont see one thing with tickers hindering them (yea they are still pretty young but that is the point making it tougher the higher in skill you get and older more you learn). you havent done much but complain since you started your new account and expected to be #1 in few months. but you are entitled to your opinion. just as i am mine and everyone else theirs. and i dont think too many people at all want the old system back (which is really what it seems you want). but im glad mike is keeping a system in place and not giving in

even mike said himself that he wanted something less intensive. i have to say that i agree with him whole heartedly. if you dont that's up to you

hindering new fighters or next generation -- lol -- thats a joke tickers are not doing that at all http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=136834 was created not long before training changes and tickers so i could compare before and after on same fighter they havent hindered or stopped him one bit -- oh i guess that grappling d, ct and takedown d session every 2 to 3 wks is just killing him (and he is almost 2500 total skill points) -- lmao -- http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=171164 has yet for any ticker to even kick in expect physicals which have never had to maintain yet cause of his training and sparring although he is only a little bit over 1700 total skill points -- if anything the ticker system is weak and needs more intensity

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=103732 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=116182 and yet to ever see a depop or ever see a red bar -- they are around the 2500 skill point level -- and hickock who was created not long before the changes is right there with them and never needing maintenance --- the one saying it too intense are making it that way for themselves -- i was one of them for a long time till i seen the light so maybe its the way your looking at it is wrong

now i will say if you try to be super well rounded http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=63718 or http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=16218 they are a problem but thats only in the upper echo where they should be a problem but also the problem is cause ground fighters have to have stand up skills to defend where as stand up fighters dont need ground skills to defend thus causing stand up fighters to be a piece of cake to maintain and super well rounded ground fighters are tough -- and i will say it really makes no difference to me i would love to go back to no system and train all you want but im also fine with the system in place, i adapt to whatever and will continue too -- also just cause he is going to remove tickers and replace with a new system doesnt mean there will be a difference you just never know it might end up worse for a newer fighter -- the whole object was to slow fighters down and make them tougher to create sensational across -- which it has done but isnt a tough enough system to make the ones already there back down which is why i say if anything it should be tougher then it is now

edited: let me rephrase intensity and say maybe the new system shouldnt give you the chance or option to maintain something but just make it drop period -- in the end thats all the tickers do is give you the choice to let it drop on not so let the new system just do it period no choice

Down with tickers!!!! Remembering comments when tickers were added it seems lots of people agree with me in they would rather learning slow down at some point even to a point where they stop learning rather than have to deal with losing skills due to inactivity. If my guy declines because he is old. There is nothing i can do about that. If he declines because i dont spend constant time moving my taining every couple days then that sucks.

Back when i was on there game all hours of the day i would have welcomes a system that rewards the most dedicated. BUt after over 2 years a system that rewards who ever spends the most time playing will just force me away from the game. Without tickers i can play the game at my leasure without falling behind. Tickers are getting to be more and more work and when i fall behind i will move on from the game. So i cant wait for tickets to be scraped. My friend also was excited hen i told him tickers might be on the way out. BankRupt didnt like them when he played. I dont talk to him anyore but i hear he would think about coming back if the tickers were gone.

so what lol? i can link fighters too

created a year ago My link

My link

My link

My link

i mean really. these guys have been in the game how long? seriously dude. use your head. this is just one guy. i dont like shiv, but i have respect for him. he's been playing this game with those fighters and content....im amazed. but really, how long is he suppose to wait before he can play at a higher level? now obviously his fighters have secondary skills, but i still dont get your mindset? are you bound and determined to keep other players down at all cost? i have sympathy for shiv because i went through the same thing. i invested 7 months into 15 fighters and they all looked exactly like his. nothing about the game right now is inviting for new players. i mean, if you were in that situation do you think you would be happy? you gotta look at it from other ppl's perspective to get the full view

in all seriousness, you just come across to me as the guy that doesnt care what the situation is, you just dont want to see anything change. you're scared of change. but that's just life

Down with tickers!!!! Remembering comments when tickers were added it seems lots of people agree with me in they would rather learning slow down at some point even to a point where they stop learning rather than have to deal with losing skills due to inactivity. If my guy declines because he is old. There is nothing i can do about that. If he declines because i dont spend constant time moving my taining every couple days then that sucks.

Back when i was on there game all hours of the day i would have welcomes a system that rewards the most dedicated. BUt after over 2 years a system that rewards who ever spends the most time playing will just force me away from the game. Without tickers i can play the game at my leasure without falling behind. Tickers are getting to be more and more work and when i fall behind i will move on from the game. So i cant wait for tickets to be scraped. My friend also was excited hen i told him tickers might be on the way out. BankRupt didnt like them when he played. I dont talk to him anyore but i hear he would think about coming back if the tickers were gone.

well i think your missing some of it -- they are being replaced by another system not just done away with -- what system or how it will work no one but mike knows at this time -- its not like the old system is coming back -- its just going to be a different system and set up

so what lol? i can link fighters too

created a year ago My link

My link

My link

My link

i mean really. these guys have been in the game how long? seriously dude. use your head. this is just one guy. i dont like shiv, but i have respect for him. he's been playing this game with those fighters and content....im amazed. but really, how long is he suppose to wait before he can play at a higher level? now obviously his fighters have secondary skills, but i still dont get your mindset? are you bound and determined to keep other players down at all cost? i have sympathy for shiv because i went through the same thing. i invested 7 months into 15 fighters and they all looked exactly like his. nothing about the game right now is inviting for new players. i mean, if you were in that situation do you think you would be happy? you gotta look at it from other ppl's perspective to get the full view

in all seriousness, you just come across to me as the guy that doesnt care what the situation is, you just dont want to see anything change. you're scared of change. but that's just life

damn you do have a hang up on shiv -- lol -- you missing what im saying though -- if the system was more harsher or stronger enough to bring the tonal's and other sensational guys down it would be better -- thats what is needed -- fighters with more diversity meaning fighters not sensational across -- and im not scared of change as i mentioned i adapt and will continue too no matter how its changed or what happens

edited: maybe my guy hickick http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=136834 was a super fast learner and shivs is a retard learner i dont know cause they are pretty close id and age wise but also i dont know how shiv has been training his guy -- but should there but fighters like hickock? not really -- especially at 22yrs old -- honestly shiv's fighters are more what 21 and 22 yr old fighters should look like

edited: maybe my guy hickick http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=136834 was a super fast learner and shivs is a retard learner i dont know cause they are pretty close id and age wise but also i dont know how shiv has been training his guy -- but should there but fighters like hickock? no -- especially at 22yrs old -- honestly shiv's fighters are more what 21 and 22 yr old fighters should look like

i agree. the skills to age ratio for shiv's fighters do seem about right. so that should stay the same and fighters should actually just age faster. so basically they'd learn more each session and get older faster and retire sooner.

the key is how to get them to retire? so you have to ask the question, what makes ppl retire fighters? for me, it's losses. so how do you inflict losses? skill loss or hidden loss

skill loss - sucks. doesnt work. reaks havoc on the rest of the game

hidden loss - it's hidden so nobody sees it coming and cant bitch

well i think your missing some of it -- they are being replaced by another system not just done away with -- what system or how it will work no one but mike knows at this time -- its not like the old system is coming back -- its just going to be a different system and set up

I know that. But i assume another system will not be based on maintanence. But factor in age and skill level of related skills or something like that. I never minded what Mikes goal was. Which i believe was to make training more realistic by removing the spamming and make fighters skill sets diverse and everyone not be able to max the skills out. All of this can be done without tickers, skll declines, and being forced to train everything once without being able to train for specific fights.

This way if i spam takedown defense it wont move very fast unless all the other wrestling based skills are equal level or higher. Few will run 1 skill up very high because ti will move slow. So everyone when they train ground game for a specific fight will have to train everything involved with wrestling. If i go a couple of weeks and not train striking because i dont need to for my next fight i shouldnt decline. But i should be allowed to focus on my ground game and not be labeled a spammer. This is done by me training takedowns, takedown defense, GnP, Wrestling, Defensive grappling, and BJJ. Currently you cant train for a specific fight. You cant leave maintainence mode to target train anything.

My friend had a red belt and declined to a black belt. It took him for ever to get the red belt now he is a few point away from his red belt now. At that level 1 session gets you almost nothing. He cant even do extra sessions because his tickers will go crazy on everything else. So now he has lost his red belt he worked hard for and it will take him months to get it back. Its just crazy to have to chase your tail like that and have to constantly watch tickers and adjust training.

not true one bit -- jacky has done nothing but bitch cause he feels his guys chin decreased -- the bitching will continue from one side or the other -- as the saying goes you cant and will never please everyone -- but im ready to see what new system mike has coming -- maybe i just mastered the ticker system (actually i just adapted to it) and dont see the problem except it not being strong enough -- and their just as many if not more that have adapted to it as from looking at the voting as went

i agree. the skills to age ratio for shiv's fighters do seem about right. so that should stay the same and fighters should actually just age faster. so basically they'd learn more each session and get older faster and retire sooner.

the key is how to get them to retire? so you have to ask the question, what makes ppl retire fighters? for me, it's losses. so how do you inflict losses? skill loss or hidden loss

skill loss - sucks. doesnt work. reaks havoc on the rest of the game

Agree. Skill loss would cause people to cherry pick fights verses noobs to keep their guys winning. Something that would be hard to do if their hiddens or physicals declined because they woul get called out or find it hard to get fights having a old guy with high level skills fighting bums just because they cant hang with equal level skills. So it would eventually force a retirement.