UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen II

Just be sure to hold on to my shorts for a good minute while the ref pretends not to see.

Haha. Yeah, but that's not what cost him the fight.

I'm actually surprised how quickly he gave in. The shots that Anderson hit him with didn't seem all that hard. He turtled fast. I think it would've helped him if he got hit more by previous opponents.

He didn't look confident. Once he slipped and went down he just kind of went..."Oh fuck...I'm done."

What a weird night though, seriously. I'm used to seeing Forrest run out of the cage when he loses, it was strange to see him bolt after he won...what the fuck was that?

And then interviewing Tito afterwards?

It was a good night all in all.

Just be sure to hold on to my shorts for a good minute while the ref pretends not to see.

Thats why i have said many times that is the worst ref in the game. He is always out of position and is just a incompetent person. This was the guy who tripped over his own feet walking around the cage. The guy is a fuck up and doesnt belong around any athletic event.

I didnt even know what ended the fight. The possible illegal knee, the Atomic wedgie, or the GnP. Chael still showed the first fight wasnt no fluke by the way he owned Silva the first round. It was Chael yet again losing the fight with a spining back fist rather than Silva actually winning it.

• Downvote 3

He didn't look confident. Once he slipped and went down he just kind of went..."Oh fuck...I'm done."

Thats what i was just telling my buddy. The fight was over then. If he actually rolls up and keeps after silva he forced Silva to sprawl. Nothing good could come from him laying there again the fense looking up. Even if Silva just walked over and crawled into his guard Chael would have been in trouble on his back. This is why i ddint pick Cheal to win. Mental lapses come from out of no where and cause him to lose. He made other mistakes also that was just poor decisions.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. If you have angst to fail why put even more pressure on yourself? First thing that didn't went according to plan and I'm sure that the angst of failing took his mind over.

I first thought that it was an illegal knee, but the replay clearly showed that it wasn't.

Haha. Yeah, but that's not what cost him the fight.

Yea, what cost him the fight was the punches to the head. However, the shorts grabbing potentially cost him a TD which might have prevented said shots to the head.

Both guys looked great tonight though. No excuses for Chael. He went out there with a gameplan that didn't pay off.

• Upvote 1

hahaha that's why!

instant rematch pls.

hahaha you guys don't know when to stop.

Not calling for an instant rematch...Silva won, again, fair and square. There will not be a Silva/Sonnen III, no need. Silva is the better fighter, we know that. But illegal shorts grabbing is illegal...

I'm just glad Yves didn't stand him up when he kept threatening to, he was dominating him in the first round and still kept telling him to work. He'll definitely look back on the replay at that spinning elbow or whatever it was and wonder what he was thinking, I bet he didn't train that once, just randomly threw it in the fight! You can definitely say that Sonnen did his part to throw it away but Silva is one hell of a champion, took another beating in the first round and then whatever the hell happened he was all over him in an instant, Chael did almost seem happy to get out of there which was odd, think that knee really took it out of him, looked to me that it was almost going towards the face and Chael blocked it with his hands into his body but I'd have to see another replay of it really.

Not sure what's next for either guy after this, don't see anyone challenging Silva at 185 and I don't see him moving up, for Chael this is a crushing loss and I guess it's back to the drawing board or maybe even a move up for him for a change of scenery.

Not sure what's next for either guy after this, don't see anyone challenging Silva at 185 and I don't see him moving up, for Chael this is a crushing loss and I guess it's back to the drawing board or maybe even a move up for him for a change of scenery.

I can see Silva getting the winner of Munoz/Weidman, but only if Munoz wins...

As for Sonnen, 205 would be interesting. He would be a challenge for anyone at LHW, but I don't see him challenging Bones.

It's that time again (Pick 'em time) and boy is UFC 148 going to be a big one!!! Let's get things rolling.............

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rK0WlfCsUyc/T-iJe1fyjOI/AAAAAAAAFC4/1loUueOizKc/s1600/UFC+148+banner.jpg

Correct Picks:

11/11 = 125k

10/11 = 75k

9/11 = 40k

8/11 = 20k

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin

Cung Le vs Patrick Cote

Dong Hyun Kim vs Demian Maia

Cody McKenzie vs Chad Mendes

Ivan Menjivar vs Mike Easton

Gleison Tibau vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

Melvin Guillard vs Fabricio Camoes

Costa Phillipou vs Riki Fukuda

John Alessio vs Shane Roller

Rafaello Oliveira vs Yoislandy Izquierdo

Send me my cash son. Sonnen done

Silva did his job. In bad match ups you have to capitolize on mistakes. He did just that. Chael always does things you just cant explain and it is why i have no confidence in him winning. Outside of the mental lapses it is a hard fight for Silva to win. It will always be a fight Chael wouldhave to lose rather than Silva actually win. But thats the case with most wrestlers. They control where the fight goes and unless they mess up on the feet or on the ground they at least have a decision in the bag.

IMO this was a real shitty event. Not only was i disappointed in the Main event. Tito and Forrest looked like they were bolted to the ground. The slowest fight i remember seeing in UFC history. Both need to quit. Every fight was a decison fest. I was hoping the Main Event would save it but Silva had to come out and ruin it with his lame ass interview. Here is a tip. If your english s shitty, dont go grab the mic in the USA and spent 10 minutes trying to talk. That was the most melodramatic ending i have ever seen due to the after fight chaos.

• Downvote 1

what about lombard?

When be beats somebody relevant(or just wins a fight in the UFC), then sure. Right now, Lombard is like Jake Shields was two years ago. He's really good, but what can he do in the octagon?

I can see Silva getting the winner of Munoz/Weidman, but only if Munoz wins...

As for Sonnen, 205 would be interesting. He would be a challenge for anyone at LHW, but I don't see him challenging Bones.

Nah, the division is full of stronger guys with good wrestling and more talent in every other area. Machida, Rashad, Jones, Davis, Henderson are all fighters that are worse matchups to him than Anderson and he couldn't win that.

Silva did his job. In bad match ups you have to capitolize on mistakes. He did just that. Chael always does things you just cant explain and it is why i have no confidence in him winning. Outside of the mental lapses it is a hard fight for Silva to win. It will always be a fight Chael wouldhave to lose rather than Silva actually win. But thats the case with most wrestlers. They control where the fight goes and unless they mess up on the feet or on the ground they at least have a decision in the bag.

IMO this was a real shitty event. Not only was i disappointed in the Main event. Tito and Forrest looked like they were bolted to the ground. The slowest fight i remember seeing in UFC history. Both need to quit. Every fight was a decison fest. I was hoping the Main Event would save it but Silva had to come out and ruin it with his lame ass interview. Here is a tip. If your english s shitty, dont go grab the mic in the USA and spent 10 minutes trying to talk. That was the most melodramatic ending i have ever seen due to the after fight chaos.

you sound mad!

really, just waiting for the anticipated fist fight on saturday night. i agree the end was kind of anti-climatic. chael, 300 strikes. anderson, knee, one, two. done.

• Upvote 1

Sonnen you suck and Glad he got hulk smash and how about that medium rare. Its nice to see Silva own that punk, put his arms around him and said. (Son I told you not to talk bad about my wife. Now you can have that Medium rare).

Roids Sonnen. Where is your heart at now? Oh yea, Silva took that shit from you. AHAHAHHAHAHAHHHA. Medium rare.

• Upvote 1

you sound mad!

really, just waiting for the anticipated fist fight on saturday night. i agree the end was kind of anti-climatic. chael, 300 strikes. anderson, knee, one, two. done.

+1

Nah, the division is full of stronger guys with good wrestling and more talent in every other area. Machida, Rashad, Jones, Davis, Henderson are all fighters that are worse matchups to him than Anderson and he couldn't win that.

Eh...but I see Silva beating all those guys you listed, even Jones. I would definitely pick him to beat Machida. The other guys you mentioned are all really good wrestlers, and they'd be a tossup. Evans is just intriguing for some reason.

I think Silva gave Sonnen a well done beating which is better than a medium rare.

hahaha, I get it. Because well done and medium rare are ways to cook beef. And Chael is beef, and Anderson is the cook. LMAO! Awesome! Good job man!

Sonnen you suck and Glad he got hulk smash and how about that medium rare. Its nice to see Silva own that punk, put his arms around him and said. (Son I told you not to talk bad about my wife. Now you can have that Medium rare).

Roids Sonnen. Where is your heart at now? Oh yea, Silva took that shit from you. AHAHAHHAHAHAHHHA. Medium rare.

1 trt not roids

2 how about that attempted greasing and shorts grab? I'm failing to see the mention of that anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 trt not roids

2 how about that attempted greasing and shorts grab? I'm failing to see the mention of that anywhere.

Not calling for an instant rematch...Silva won, again, fair and square. There will not be a Silva/Sonnen III, no need. Silva is the better fighter, we know that. But illegal shorts grabbing is illegal...