UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen II

This sort of nitpicking goes on in any big fight with drama. “Anderson grabbed my trunks but I grabbed his right back. It goes both ways,” said Sonnen

There ya go. Anyone really think that fight was going to go down any different? The writing was on the wall--he couldn't last two minutes with Anderson standing up-it was inevitable he was going to have to play that game at some point and got crushed.

This sort of nitpicking goes on in any big fight with drama. “Anderson grabbed my trunks but I grabbed his right back. It goes both ways,” said Sonnen

There ya go. Anyone really think that fight was going to go down any different? The writing was on the wall--he couldn't last two minutes with Anderson standing up-it was inevitable he was going to have to play that game at some point and got crushed.

Then there is no reason to fear the rematch. If its an easy fight then it should be a easy huge Payday for Silva and easy bragging rights for his fans. So lets do it.

Then there is no reason to fear the rematch. If its an easy fight then it should be a easy huge Payday for Silva and easy bragging rights for his fans. So lets do it.

I don't think anyone wants to see a third rematch...I know I probably wouldn't buy it again. We already know how that goes down now. I hope Belcher's next but I bet it will be Munoz/Weidman winner.

Belcher would get killed. He is to slow. He has fought the worst comp of anyone note worthy in the UFC. To be honest i dont see him ever getting a title shot. He wont be able to get the next level win to earn it. He isnt a draw to the point where the UFC will rush him up the ladder.

My guess is Silva will go on a long hiatus with some magic injury or something like most champs do after a high profile fight. This will mean the contenders will have to win a couple fights. I can see Bisping getting it with 1 decent win. Stann getting it with 1 great win over someone in the running. Munoz has the phillipino appeal for PPV buys. HE a real chance on the roun but his striking sucks and i dont think he will be able to get Silva down without getting killed. The guy was head kick KO'ed by Matt Hamill of all people. My gut tells me Weidman is the most promising and appealing fight. But i dont think a win over Munoz will get him the attention needed to sell a fight with Silva. All the current contenders need that 1 quality name and none of them ahve it A Belfort, Bisping, Chael, and Stann. Your Munoz, Belchers, Weidmans dont have that kind of win. Hell even a Wandy or a Franklin on their resume would make them more credibile.

Lets do the rematch and let these guys fight it out for a title shot. Silva gets a PPV cut. Its going to be hard to get him in the cage with a guy who is going to kill PPV sales.

I don't think anyone wants to see a third rematch...I know I probably wouldn't buy it again. We already know how that goes down now. I hope Belcher's next but I bet it will be Munoz/Weidman winner.

Thats the problem. No one wants to see Silva period. Silva cant carry a PPV. Last time he fought someone who wasnt a draw he sold 335,000 PPVs. A fight with him vs Weidman, Belcher, Munoz, etc. Would be lucky to hit 500K. I would guess a fight with Bisping is what the UFC wants because they can push it in Brazil, UK, and USA. But thats to far down the road. I rematch with Chael as of right now i would guess would at least be 800K. We have to wait and see what this one did but it is expect to break a million. If Chael can really talk it up and get people on board it might sel as good as this one. But it is still the big money fight. He slipped, Silva cheated, etc he really has a lot of talking points to get people interested in a 3rd fight.

I would like a second rematch though. A third one isn't necessary. Sonnen will fuck it up again anyways. There probably won't be a second rematch. I think Anderson is going to retire soon.

Lets not forget this part.

for the shoulder strike at the weigh-ins. Not surprising.

"Meanwhile, Kizer said that he spoke to both Sonnen and Silva about Silva's shoulder strike at Friday's weigh-ins following Saturday night's title fight. Kizer, who stated he was "very unhappy with Anderson" due to his actions, said that Sonnen told him and NSAC chairman Skip Avansino following the fight that he didn't believe Silva should be fined for the strike, and, after talking to Silva, Kizer said the commission took Sonnen's recommendation to heart and decided against fining Silva.

"Chael willing to forgive Anderson went a long way with me and the chairman," he said. "He was very honorable, perhaps more than he needed to be, towards Anderson."

Kizer said that both he and the chairman issued stern warnings to Silva about his behavior during fight week.

"I told him if you ever do anything like that again you will not be invited to fight in Nevada again," Kizer said."

NSAC's Keith Kizer 'Very Unhappy' With Anderson Silva Following UFC 148 - MMA Fighting

Kizer and Avansino next paid a visit to Silva, who initially dodged accusations that he acted inappropriately.

"Anderson had some very lame excuse initially about, 'Oh, well, Chael put his head down at the beginning of that,'" Kizer recounted. "I'm like, 'C'mon, that's silly.' And then he said, 'Well, I'm upset about what he said about my wife.' I said, 'Look, I understand that, but that's not an excuse for doing what you did. It's inexcusable what you did.'

"The chairman pointed out that he should be above that, that this was a very unprofessional thing to do. [silva] wasn't very happy with us pointing that out to him, but he understood. I finally had to say to him, 'Look, if you ever, despite your previous record with us as a good licensee, if you ever do anything like this again, that's it for you in Nevada. You'll be fighting your fights elsewhere.'

"I think that got to him. Then he let down his guard and apologized and said he shouldn't have done that, and was angry about Chael's comments about his wife."

As we can see Chael is the honest nice guy and Silva is a scumbag even behind closed doors. I think it is also important to nice that it is Chael coach not Chael who filed an appeal.

Its hard to say if the knee was illegal or not. But there is video of his head flying back when it landed. Here is what Chael said NOT to the Media but to his trainer in person.

"His response to me specifically was, 'Yeah, I knew that all along. I bit my tongue,'" McQuarry said. "And he had told me after the fight that it was a knee to the face."

So Chael told his trainer Silva told him the knee was to the face.

I like ya BrainSmasher, but for someone whose signature says "deal with it", you sure can't deal with the fact that Chael lost. Lol. I understand you don't like Anderson nuthuggers, but you are excessive in your defenses and unbelievably unreasonable. The knee didn't hit him in the face at any point and the videos, pictures and GIF's are pretty good proof. Chael's camp are just concerned that Sonnen is going to retire if he knows he has no way of working back up to a title shot so they're rallying for something to keep him in the UFC. Chael's already said that the day he's not working towards a title that he'll be done with MMA. And as far as match 3's, have they ever done a rematch when someone is 2-0 against someone? I really don't know if they have or haven't.

Either way, the knee was legal, Chael admitted that he was grabbing Anderson's shorts also and it was no big deal and he's come to terms with the fact that he lost the fight. He told Dana after the fight that he felt Anderson break in that first round and then Silva just destroyed him in the second round and that he's never seen anyone do that before.

That's a nice theory. Except I didnt pick Chael to win and didn't think he would win and I'm not the only who believes what I have said. A huge percent of the MMA community believe the same thing. Also I never Said Silva didn't win. I said there is enough to have doubt and justify a rematch. Keep ignoring that just because I don't agree with you. Yeah if I have a different opinion I have to be a sore loser right lol.

That's a nice theory. Except I didnt pick Chael to win and didn't think he would win and I'm not the only who believes what I have said. A huge percent of the MMA community believe the same thing. Also I never Said Silva didn't win. I said there is enough to have doubt and justify a rematch. Keep ignoring that just because I don't agree with you. Yeah if I have a different opinion I have to be a sore loser right lol.

If you want the rematch that's fine. You're just arguing everything anyone posts on here to excessive extents. But hey, it's your right to troll your opinion so go ahead. Lol

If you want the rematch that's fine. You're just arguing everything anyone posts on here to excessive extents. But hey, it's your right to troll your opinion so go ahead. Lol

You can buy Troll away spray on the Tycoon gift shop for 9.99.

It's hard to not get sucked in!

Thats because Chael made us all care about the fight one way or the other. Thats why i want a rematch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thats because Chael made us all care about the fight one way or the other. Thats why i want a rematch.

I wouldn't mind watching a rematch, I just feel the results will be the same and it won't do nearly as well this time. A lot of people are over this feud. I know a lot may still be interested and it could be huge but not as big as this last fight by any means.

I wouldn't mind watching a rematch, I just feel the results will be the same and it won't do nearly as well this time. A lot of people are over this feud. I know a lot may still be interested and it could be huge but not as big as this last fight by any means.

Did you see the Ken Shamrock vs Tito fights? en got owned every second of all three fights. Ken got knocked limp in the second and the ref stopped it and he complianed about it being early. Crealy it wasnt early and didnt matter if it was. He had no chance to ever win. Yet he was given a rematch and it averaged almost 6 million viewers on Spike TV. He didnt have half the case Chael does for a rematch and didnt have a chance to win like Chael does. People will pay to see it and it will do extremely well. It could do better this the last one. That fight went mainstream with ESPN promoting the hell out of it. A lot of people are aware of it now more than ever and will want to see the continuation of that fight. Just because Spider Man 1 had an ending didnt mean people didnt want to see Spider Man 2.

• Upvote 1

I would much rather see Sonnen fight Silva every month for the next year than half of the chumps we'll probably have to see face Silva before he retires.

They can easily sell a rematch, Sonnen just has to beat a couple of ranked guys like maybe the loser of Weidman/Munoz and then perhaps Lombard/Bisping/Belcher which he's more than capable of.

Silva will have defended against a couple of opponents and they can easily put Sonnen back in there. Enough time will have passed, there will be enough doubt in people's minds about whether Silva's now too old, did the greasing and short pulling make a difference etc etc

All in all if Sonnen keeps winning and Silva keeps winning they'll have to do a rematch. It's not like people would care that Silva won the first two fights, people would still watch it more than they'd watch Silva vs Munoz/Weidman/Belfort/Belcher/Okami/Boetsch/Munoz/Franklin/Literally any other middlweight.

Quick question, Munoz is known for his devestating ground and pound, are we giving him any chance against Silva if he beats Weidman? I guess potentially it could be a problem but Sonnen's surely a better wrestler, would Munoz even get him down?

• Upvote 1

Did you see the Ken Shamrock vs Tito fights? en got owned every second of all three fights. Ken got knocked limp in the second and the ref stopped it and he complianed about it being early. Crealy it wasnt early and didnt matter if it was. He had no chance to ever win. Yet he was given a rematch and it averaged almost 6 million viewers on Spike TV. He didnt have half the case Chael does for a rematch and didnt have a chance to win like Chael does. People will pay to see it and it will do extremely well. It could do better this the last one. That fight went mainstream with ESPN promoting the hell out of it. A lot of people are aware of it now more than ever and will want to see the continuation of that fight. Just because Spider Man 1 had an ending didnt mean people didnt want to see Spider Man 2.

Or didn't want to see a completely brand new version of exactly the same movie. The latest Spiderman reboot is apparantley the highest grossing reboot of all time or something like that. How many times has the Spiderman series been rebooted now in terms of tv episodes and movies?

MMA and fights is no different to tv and movies, it comes down to what people want to see and what will make money.

It doesn't matter how many times it's been done before, if they think people will watch it and can justify doing it (E.g. Sonnen wins a couple of fights) then they'll do it.

• Upvote 1

Munoz has the creds to get him down but his MMA wrestling hasnt looked very good. I think Munoz will have a moment or two if the fight goes a round or two. But i dont see how he can actually win it. He isnt going to really pass guard and Silva is to defensive to get caught with a big shot from the guard. On the feet Munoz doesnt move very well. His punches are very wide and loopy and he doesnt keep his hands up. I can see him being blown through very quickly and we havent seen any sub defense to know if he ca avoid the subs if he gets a takedown.

I think Belfort in a rematch and Bisping are the only other threats to Silva. Belfort was doing very well before that unexpected kick caught him off guard. People forget Belfort landed a lot of hard strikes and even took him down. Bisping would offer up a lot of the same problems that Chael does. He will come out and push the pace and try to out work Silva.

BUt i think they should do the Chael rematch right now. Chael could win a few fights but its not needed. They just need to promote the fight as a controversial fight. The public will be torn as to wether Chael was screwed or not just as we are on the Net now and people will tune in to see Silva or Chael "prove" who was right. Just as we all tuned in to see each guy prove wether the first fight was a fluke or not and if it was due to Silva ribs etc.

Munoz has the creds to get him down but his MMA wrestling hasnt looked very good. I think Munoz will have a moment or two if the fight goes a round or two. But i dont see how he can actually win it. He isnt going to really pass guard and Silva is to defensive to get caught with a big shot from the guard. On the feet Munoz doesnt move very well. His punches are very wide and loopy and he doesnt keep his hands up. I can see him being blown through very quickly and we havent seen any sub defense to know if he ca avoid the subs if he gets a takedown.

I think Belfort in a rematch and Bisping are the only other threats to Silva. Belfort was doing very well before that unexpected kick caught him off guard. People forget Belfort landed a lot of hard strikes and even took him down. Bisping would offer up a lot of the same problems that Chael does. He will come out and push the pace and try to out work Silva.

BUt i think they should do the Chael rematch right now. Chael could win a few fights but its not needed. They just need to promote the fight as a controversial fight. The public will be torn as to wether Chael was screwed or not just as we are on the Net now and people will tune in to see Silva or Chael "prove" who was right. Just as we all tuned in to see each guy prove wether the first fight was a fluke or not and if it was due to Silva ribs etc.

Yeh I think I pretty much agree about Munoz, he has the power to cause problems but he probably won't be able to put himself in a position to use it, standing or on the ground.

I agree about Belfort, I remember talking him up big at the time and betting on Belfort to win it, I was gutted when that front kick landed! Part of me think's it's just me being a big Belfort fan but I think he has the speed and the power to cause Silva problems. He might not be able to quite match Silva's diversity in terms of striking but could still be a threat to him. He also has decent takedowns and a good top game as well which could gelp him to steal a few rounds in a close fight. I can't remember who Belfort is due to fight next but my main problem with him is whether or not he can be consistent enough to get the wins to give him another title shot.

Bisping I don't know about. I'm English and a big fan of Bisping, I just have trouble thinking that he could be the one to dethrone Silva, seems too unbelievable in a way. Potentially I guess he could cause him problems but I can't see him finshing Silva and there's no way in 5 rounds that Silva can't find one devestating flurry to finish him.

As for an immediate rematch with Sonnen it's impossible, Silva would never agree to it and you know it, if forced into it due to an unlikely no contest was issued upon appeal he'd retire. The only way Sonnen gets a rematch is by earning it and some time passing.

Silva might not want to do it. But that may change when he gets his cut of a 1 million buy PPV. Does he want to fight a bum and make peanuts or Chael and cash in again? A Bisping fight would sell but he is on the shelf and coming off a loss. He needs two wins to sell that fight. If was hard to get hm to take this last fight because he was getting trouced in the first fight. We both know his greasing and actions show he was at least worried about fighting Chael again. But wth the ending of this second fight im sure his confidence is much higher than it was coming off the first fight. Maybe he would accept a 3rd fight.

That's a nice theory. Except I didnt pick Chael to win and didn't think he would win and I'm not the only who believes what I have said.

You did pick Chael to win. You said 3rd round KO or something and put money on him. The only reason you choose Chael in the pickems is because you have no balls and wanted to use this argument in case he lost anyway. You often do this. You're a coward. I called you out on this bullshit before.

• Upvote 1

That was a joke tool. I bet he would t get KO'ed. I even went on to say he could get KOed later but I would take the risk and make the bet with Humors. He did t accept but grasman did. I can show you at at least a dozen posts where I made a serious post and picked Silva to win and explained why. Just because you are gullible and fall for every joke doesn't mean I would really pick Chael via KO. It's all right here on this forum if you still want to hold on to your ignorant claims. I bet you also really think I was serious when I said Chael lost the first fight on purpose! Lmao!!!