UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen II

Well that SUCKED. I caught the racist shit from the scumbag Brazilians the minute I walked in the bar just for being white, and heck I was rooting for Chung Le, just because he has the same name as the guy in Bloodsport (almost), when those dirt bags started in.

7 rounds vs Silva and Sonnen has won 5. LOL (hardly an asswhooping). Though I do give credit to Silva for such a shitty fight style, anytime you get your asskicked repeatedly until you can score a lucky submission or get a KO, well that shows heart.

I'll give it to Silva he is good, but fight GSP, until they fight I won't call anyone the best ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------

edit. Silva is good, it just puts me in a shitty mood when I have to deal with that reverse racism constantly like we do in South Florida.

• Downvote 3

grasman, sent your 50,000 to you. Congrats on the bet.

Thanks man. :)

Silva called it himself, second round TKO.

Sonnen's "heart" is very suspect,, biggest fight of his life, dominates round one and caves in almost instantly at the first sign of adversity in the fight.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, the "oh shit" look on his face when he's on his arse after missing that spinning backfist, tells a lot.

It's like he broke mentally at that point, "oh fuck, i've talked all that shit, now i'm on my arse and shit is about to bite me back, hard"

Thanks man. :)

Silva called it himself, second round TKO.

Sonnen's "heart" is very suspect,, biggest fight of his life, dominates round one and caves in almost instantly at the first sign of adversity in the fight.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, the "oh shit" look on his face when he's on his arse after missing that spinning backfist, tells a lot.

It's like he broke mentally at that point, "oh fuck, i've talked all that shit, now i'm on my arse and shit is about to bite me back, hard"

Well he was in deep shit. He crawls for the legs Silva sprawls and will be throwing strikes and maybe take his back. Staying there at best will be have to work guard from his back. I do think he was suprising hurt from few punches and none of them looked like that had that much on them. But we all knew Chael, like most wrestlers, made a living off not getting hit. So once you see them actually get hit not suprising they dont react well.

I do believe Silva should at least be fined. His holding the shorts and using them is up to the ref to call. But him taking the vaseline off his face and rubbing it all over his shoulders and body is bullshit. It was just a few years ago the commissions took the vaseline out of the hands of the cornerman for this very reason. To assure it doesnt get on the body. Now Silva greases up his body verses a grappler. Not saying it effected the fight. Not way to know for sure. Only Chael would know if he felt the grease or missed a clinch or takedown because of it. But Silva knows what he was doing. No one wants vaseline on their body for the fun of it. He was putting it on for a reason. I think one of these days vaseline will be banned in MMA.

Tito vs Forrest looked like a slow-mo almost from the start to finish. Anyone watched the post fight presser? GEEZ Im happy I don't have to listen to Tito's ramblings anymore, holy shit...

Once again Chael looked very strong from the get go but damn he folded fast in the second. Silva has ten times more heart than Chael... and a ridiculously heavy hands or strikes tbh.

Cung Le vs Predator was pretty boring IMO. Dunno, all-in-all it was ok event but norhing special really.

Cung Le vs Predator was pretty boring IMO. Dunno, all-in-all it was ok event but norhing special really.

I wouldn't say boring, just very technical. As for nothing special, that could be because of the 8 of 11 fights going to decision.

Ok so do i get money or somthing? i thought that was the point of this thread , i mean Sonnen lost and im devastated but i still got 8 picks right. Which may i add is more than Brainsmaser got.

Ok so do i get money or somthing? i thought that was the point of this thread , i mean Sonnen lost and im devastated but i still got 8 picks right. Which may i add is more than Brainsmaser got.

Person with the most correct picks gets the money. It's just like any other Pick 'Em that I have done over the last 4-5 months.

Person with the most correct picks gets the money. It's just like any other Pick 'Em that I have done over the last 4-5 months.

well this was my first so i didnt know.

It would only matter for takedowns if he was rubbing a large amount on his legs. I really don't think vaseline on his shoulders made any difference in the result if it did happen.

A lot of people think he was greased but he was sweaty from warming up and his corner should have wiped him off. If he was grease he would have been fined so you guys can stop saying grease or think its grease because it was not grease. That was all sweat and it dont matter. He was wiped off dry so no excuess. Silva whopped that ass and Roids sonnen has no heart. The knee was aimed to hit him in the chest, so take a good look at the replay. It looks at first the shot was going for the head but after watching it again they saw it was going for the body so knee legal, shorts grabbing illegal and fence holding is also illegal, but since none of that has anything to do with the outcome. Roids sonnen just quits once again and shows us he has no heart.

well this was my first so i didnt know.

Believe me, I wish I had the money to give out to everyone that gets all of those picks right

I wouldn't say boring, just very technical. As for nothing special, that could be because of the 8 of 11 fights going to decision.

Cote looked sloppy and tentative. It was like watching a sparring match.

I say do Silva vs Roids sonnen III and do not let the ref stops it until Roids sonnen goes limb so we can top hearing well his shorts got grab why he couldn't land take-downs, or he got sub, or the fight was stop early etc. Just tired of hearing all the bull shit excuess and even Roids sonnen saids he was beat and that's that. I'll give it to him he still wanted that medium rare without the tapping his wife on the butt. Sonnen you're something else. unique in a crazy way. We should thanks him for bringing out the best silva we have seen in a while.