UFC 148: Silva vs Sonnen II

I never said he wasn't trying to cheat. I don't know his intentions and none of us do. I just simply said it played no part in the outcome of the fight.

*edit - Also, if you've ever used vaseline in a fight, once you sweat it's gone immediately. It rubs off so easily when you're covered in sweat. And sweat is greasier than any vaseline that I've had on me.

It dont come off easy. How do we know the red got it all off in a rush? Why was it on there to begin with? Can you not bring your self to admit Silva was trying to cheat?

dude just stop harping on it. the fight is over. chael lost. you cant go back and change the result no matter how much of a chael nuthugger you are. if silva cheated then its bad but it wont change the result of the fight. just deal with the fact that chael lost and move the fuck on. however if it really makes you fell better to scream your head off (metaphorically speaking) go right ahead. but nothing will come of this so why do it?

i dont remember all this backlash when GSP greased (at least i think it was GSP) against someone, i cant remember who.

dude just stop harping on it. the fight is over. chael lost. you cant go back and change the result no matter how much of a chael nuthugger you are. if silva cheated then its bad but it wont change the result of the fight. just deal with the fact that chael lost and move the fuck on. however if it really makes you fell better to scream your head off (metaphorically speaking) go right ahead. but nothing will come of this so why do it?

i dont remember all this backlash when GSP greased (at least i think it was GSP) against someone, i cant remember who.

GSP greased up against BJ Penn. It was a huge deal because BJ being known for BJJ actually got into a couple positions where it looked like GSP being greased up was a huge advantage to him. In last nights case it wasn't even close.

But I think Brain is just trolling for fun Alexi. I don't even think he believes what he's saying, just trying to get a reaction.

GSP greased up against BJ Penn. It was a huge deal because BJ being known for BJJ actually got into a couple positions where it looked like GSP being greased up was a huge advantage to him. In last nights case it wasn't even close.

But I think Brain is just trolling for fun Alexi. I don't even think he believes what he's saying, just trying to get a reaction.

ah thats who it was, i couldnt remember who it was exactly. i just want these threads to die. the fight is over, silva won regardless of what people may think about it.

if wee continue these threads lets try to figure out silva's next opponent

ah thats who it was, i couldnt remember who it was exactly. i just want these threads to die. the fight is over, silva won regardless of what people may think about it.

if wee continue these threads lets try to figure out silva's next opponent

Maybe silva vs Silva. what you think about that.

Do you even watch the fights? Doesnt sound like it. IT was a huge deal when GSP greased. Why the hell you think the fighters cornermen are not allowed to have the vaseline anymore? It was that specific fight that caused that. All you people sucked Silvas nuts about how great he is and how nice a guy he is and he cheated. Even if it didnt effect the fight physcially is did mentally. Silva lacked the confidence to fight fair and cheated and had the security and peace of mind knowing he was greased. HE also showed haw big a scumbag he was like i said before the fight. IMO he was trying to get DQ'ed to possible get a huge pay day for a third fight. BUt he got lucky andnothing was called and he ended up winning with the tactics he was trying to get DQ'ed with. A real champion doesnt cheat. He will for ever have an astriks next to his name and title. Anderson Silva*.

• Downvote 1

I never said he wasn't trying to cheat. I don't know his intentions and none of us do. I just simply said it played no part in the outcome of the fight.

*edit - Also, if you've ever used vaseline in a fight, once you sweat it's gone immediately. It rubs off so easily when you're covered in sweat. And sweat is greasier than any vaseline that I've had on me.

Your experiences with vaseline sound more like a personal issue. Also if your sweat is greasier than Vaseline you need to drink some water or see a fucking doctor. Vaseline doesnt come off with sweat. If that was the case none of the fighters would be doing it It also would provide no protection to the face. The commissions wouldnt use it if it come off so easy and didnt do what they use it for. Which is to make the face slick to prevent cuts and use as a sealer to opened cuts. Also all the fighters and trainers during the last grease gate all said that sweat and vaseline combine to be much more slick then either one individually. So your claims not only make no logical sense but contradict all the professionals who have spoken on it.

Your experiences with vaseline sound more like a personal issue. Also if your sweat is greasier than Vaseline you need to drink some water or see a fucking doctor. Vaseline doesnt come off with sweat. If that was the case none of the fighters would be doing it It also would provide no protection to the face. The commissions wouldnt use it if it come off so easy and didnt do what they use it for. Which is to make the face slick to prevent cuts and use as a sealer to opened cuts. Also all the fighters and trainers during the last grease gate all said that sweat and vaseline combine to be much more slick then either one individually. So your claims not only make no logical sense but contradict all the professionals who have spoken on it.

Lol. It seems Jacky has been resurrected in the U.S. Say what you want, but I've been on the other side of that vaseline and I know how it works. I didn't mean that it was necessarily greasier but I meant more slippery and slick than vaseline. It's much easier to pull out of a hold covered in sweat as opposed to vaseline. And vaseline wipes off easily. That's why cuts happen in almost every fight because after a couple hits there's no more vaseline for protection.

Lol. It seems Jacky has been resurrected in the U.S. Say what you want, but I've been on the other side of that vaseline and I know how it works. I didn't mean that it was necessarily greasier but I meant more slippery and slick than vaseline. It's much easier to pull out of a hold covered in sweat as opposed to vaseline. And vaseline wipes off easily. That's why cuts happen in almost every fight because after a couple hits there's no more vaseline for protection.

Cuts happen due to impact. All the grease in the world wont keep the skin from sliting on a flush powerful punch. But it keeps the groves from gripping nad tearing the skin in grazing shots. You are not the only one who has access to vaseline. This isnt rocket fuel we are talking about. Even when wiped off it leaves the skin slick and smooth and much more slick when sweat is added.

Even when wiped off it leaves the skin slick and smooth and much more slick when sweat is added.

Holy shit you're right! I just tried it. Giggity!

I just found it on a forum some where. I think someone mentioned it was from the show East bound with Kenny Powers or something. Not real sure.

Do you even watch the fights? Doesnt sound like it. IT was a huge deal when GSP greased. Why the hell you think the fighters cornermen are not allowed to have the vaseline anymore? It was that specific fight that caused that. All you people sucked Silvas nuts about how great he is and how nice a guy he is and he cheated. Even if it didnt effect the fight physcially is did mentally. Silva lacked the confidence to fight fair and cheated and had the security and peace of mind knowing he was greased. HE also showed haw big a scumbag he was like i said before the fight. IMO he was trying to get DQ'ed to possible get a huge pay day for a third fight. BUt he got lucky andnothing was called and he ended up winning with the tactics he was trying to get DQ'ed with. A real champion doesnt cheat. He will for ever have an astriks next to his name and title. Anderson Silva*.

thats in your opinion which isnt worth very much. if your going to go that route then shouldnt aldo have an asterisk for the mendes fight when he continually grabbed the fence? because that is cheating too man. if sonnen won he doesnt get an asterisk for his TRT? i know TRT is technically legal but it does give you an unfair advantage over your opponent. and isnt anything that gives you an unfair advantage over the opponent cheating? did i ever say anything relating to either of those things? the only thing i said was silva is probably the greatest of all time due to the ENTIRETY of his career. you gripe on people nuthugging anderson when you did the exact same thing to chael. you have almost no right to complain about nuthugging. if you do something yourself, you have no right to complain about it. and as for him having an astrisk, since when were for the god king of all things mma? your opinion doesnt mean shit on this and neither does mine. sure we can have an opinion but it wont mean diddly poo (to quote the infamous jim mora) to those in positions of power in mma. you can gripe and moan on this topic all you want BUT IT JUST DOESNT MATTER.

on the GSP thing, ive only been a mma fan for about 3 or 4 years now and i wasnt very serious about it till the summer before college, which was the summer of 2010, LONG AFTER the fight took place so sorry for not having knowledge about the aftermath when i was really around (the sport that is). i was speaking from what knowledge i had, which is extremely incomplete.

anyway im done attempting to be reasonable (whicvh i failed miserably at) and will no longer post in this thread. ive said my peace and im done with this thread now

thats in your opinion which isnt worth very much. if your going to go that route then shouldnt aldo have an asterisk for the mendes fight when he continually grabbed the fence? because that is cheating too man. if sonnen won he doesnt get an asterisk for his TRT? i know TRT is technically legal but it does give you an unfair advantage over your opponent. and isnt anything that gives you an unfair advantage over the opponent cheating? did i ever say anything relating to either of those things? the only thing i said was silva is probably the greatest of all time due to the ENTIRETY of his career. you gripe on people nuthugging anderson when you did the exact same thing to chael. you have almost no right to complain about nuthugging. if you do something yourself, you have no right to complain about it. and as for him having an astrisk, since when were for the god king of all things mma? your opinion doesnt mean shit on this and neither does mine. sure we can have an opinion but it wont mean diddly poo (to quote the infamous jim mora) to those in positions of power in mma. you can gripe and moan on this topic all you want BUT IT JUST DOESNT MATTER.

on the GSP thing, ive only been a mma fan for about 3 or 4 years now and i wasnt very serious about it till the summer before college, which was the summer of 2010, LONG AFTER the fight took place so sorry for not having knowledge about the aftermath when i was really around (the sport that is). i was speaking from what knowledge i had, which is extremely incomplete.

anyway im done attempting to be reasonable (whicvh i failed miserably at) and will no longer post in this thread. ive said my peace and im done with this thread now

So much bull crap in your post i dont know where to start. But here goes. No fence grabbing should not get an astriks because it is a foul not cheating. Its up to the ref to call it when he sees it. Kind of like hacking someone on the wrist as they shoot in basketball. It doesnt make you a cheater. It happened in the heat of the game and it is the refs job to call it. Thats why i dont have as much of a problem with Silva's shots grabbing at first. It he grabbed it one thing. It happens in the heat of a fight like an eye poke or fense grab to stay on your feet. But the amount of time and the way he was pulling on the shorts is not heat of the battle. Putting grease on your body before the fight isnt heat of the battle and cant even be argued. He was flat out cheating. Silva looked desperate and worried about fighting Chael. What other links did he go to to get the advantage?

i know TRT is technically legal but it does give you an unfair advantage over your opponent. and isnt anything that gives you an unfair advantage over the opponent cheating?

He doesnt have an unfair advantage. at least none that can be proven. TRT is a treatment to prescribe testosterone to Chael to get him back to normal levels. The same levels as a clean Silva would be at. Which is a level playng field. Now can you prove he had elevated levels for THIS fight? In fact Chael had to agree to extra testing. So he is tested more than Silva is. Much more. So if his tests come back clean in a few weeks then there is nothing to suggest he had an advantage at all.

BTW, im not a Chael Nuthugger. Im an Anderson Silva Nuthugger hater...4 Life!!!!!!

where do i even start? this will be a long post...first off, this was a fairly disappointing card for me. yeah, im still bitter about the UFC switching up fights and shit but what can you do? thank god none of you think the knee was illegal or i'd have to just go to town on you guys by cutting and pasting the shit i was discussing from earlier today.

as far as Anderson playing dirty, yeah it was a bit dirty with the shorts holding. really though...you cant say that Chael woulda gotten TD with Anderson sprawled against the cage. or maybe he woulda gotten the TD and then rode out the round and gotten KO'd in the 3rd...we'll never know. bottom line is that Yves warned Anderson 3x but didnt deduct a point so it is what it is. the forums were ridiculous today...Chael actually gained my respect how gracious he was in defeat in the cage and at the press conference...he even laughed at Anderson's BBQ invitation:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q3sumo.jpg

148 was just a strange event. i got there right at 345p when the first first was gonna start and ended up chatting with people around me until it actually started at like 410p. then a lot of the first timers there were stoked because i told them about the Baba OReilly montage and then they didnt even fucking play it. on top of that, im pissed at Forrest for being a dickhead and running out of a fight he most likely won (before the decision was announced). then he gives a dumbass interview with Tito, ruining his last moments in the cage...whatever you think of Tito, that shit wasnt right. not after all the shit with him and the UFC since UFC 13. was fucked up that Joe didnt interview him at all...guessing it had some shit to do with PPV time limitations or something.

lots of decisions, nut shots and DHK's weird injury. then the controversy during the main event...as soon as he threw that knee, my first thought was that it coulda been illegal (since i was watching the cage and not the big screen) and that if it was, the forums (not here) were gonna be a shitstorm lol. i didnt even know about the greasing or shorts thing until i was reading the forums driving back to LA last night. bottom line, Anderson was a bit dirty but it didnt lead up to Chael throwing a dumbass spinning backfist and then falling over.

anyways...Chael took the loss like a champ and didnt complain, yet a lot of his fans are straight crying. it is what it is...

I'm just glad Yves didn't stand him up when he kept threatening to, he was dominating him in the first round and still kept telling him to work. He'll definitely look back on the replay at that spinning elbow or whatever it was and wonder what he was thinking, I bet he didn't train that once, just randomly threw it in the fight! You can definitely say that Sonnen did his part to throw it away but Silva is one hell of a champion, took another beating in the first round and then whatever the hell happened he was all over him in an instant, Chael did almost seem happy to get out of there which was odd, think that knee really took it out of him, looked to me that it was almost going towards the face and Chael blocked it with his hands into his body but I'd have to see another replay of it really.

he got mount in the first round and didnt do shit with it!

im not even exaggerating when i say that my spinning backfist technique may be better than his...watch the open workout vid starting at 12:00. pretty piss poor technique for anyone that does Muay Thai:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgXF4Zvbow

the knee was legit...i even broke it down the images frame by frame on a thread i made if you guys are interested: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/frame-frame-images-andersons-legal-knee-chaels-chest-2140695/?highlight=

http://media.ufc.tv/photo_galleries/Archive/ufc148_116.JPG

Florian and Stann both believed he was aiming for the head with his knee on the ground.

i heard about Florian's comments and some guys on Sherdog were riding his dick. he was getting shit about it for the most part. guess what? being a UFC fighter does not make you a telepath. Anderson Silva is one of the most accurate strikers in MMA...you really think he missed his head by a foot and struck under his pec? how the fuck exactly does Florian know what Anderson (or anyone else for that matter) is thinking in his head?

You guys are retarded. If gra ing the shorts didn't help him then why did he do it? Was it just a warm place for his hands? Lol fools. He did it to get an advantage just like he put the grease on him. If you don't see how someone having a greasy body can effect someone try to clinch, grab, and get takedowns from Clinch and keep clinch then you just don't follow the sport very well. We don't know if the grease caused that or not but it shouldn't eve. Be an issue but he if not cheated tried his very best to cheat.

Steeve don't be stupid. Chael took the same knee Tito took from machida and Tito was over. Chael did keep fighting even though you claimed he didnt. He even made it back to his feet and took a lot of shots.

Their first fight won Fight of the night. Silva cheated and we lost out on what would have been an epic fight. Now what fight we did get was over shadow led by his repeated attempts to cheat.

first off, i think you were referring to Rashad vs Tito.

i was pulling for Anderson and i'm not gonna lie and say it was clean. i havent looked too much into the greasing but you cant really know what woulda happened with the TD. he had a weak underhook when he was against the cage grabbing the shorts but he also stuffed a later TD cleanly with no grabbing. watched it again when i got home and broke it down:

4:49: warning by Yves to "dont hold the shorts"

4:09-3:54: holding the shorts

3:54: Anderson holding the shorts, throwing and grazing the right side of Chael's head while Yves warns him again about "dont hold the shorts"

3:50-3:46: Chael walks Anderson down and proceeds to land a left hand while Anderson counters

3:42: right kick by Anderson, Chael shoots for a TD and gets stuffed

3:32: lol

3:29: Anderson walks over like a boss and you know what happens

3:17: Chael gets back to his feet

3:10: a right hand by Anderson drops Chael

3:04: Chael is turtled and TKO'd

I just found it on a forum some where. I think someone mentioned it was from the show East bound with Kenny Powers or something. Not real sure.

ah yes...April's tits.

anyways...thats enough rambling for tonight...im tired and been on Sherdog all day long arguing with idiots.

Silva is accurate but when you look at the position Chael was in everyone would expect him to have rolled forward toward Silva. If he Leans forward that knee lands right in the face. Chael unexpectedly leaned back and put his hands up and took most of it to the chest. Florian being a pro does t mean he reads minds but having two pro fighters who know how fighters react and how you anticipate where they will be thinking it was meant to be illegal means a lot. Just like someone throwing a knee at someone going for a takedown. They don't aim at the head they aim where the head will be. It's a moot point because it landed clean. There is plenty of other things to show he was a scumbag in the fight without guess intent.

Silva is accurate but when you look at the position Chael was in everyone would expect him to have rolled forward toward Silva. If he Leans forward that knee lands right in the face. Chael unexpectedly leaned back and put his hands up and took most of it to the chest. Florian being a pro does t mean he reads minds but having two pro fighters who know how fighters react and how you anticipate where they will be thinking it was meant to be illegal means a lot. Just like someone throwing a knee at someone going for a takedown. They don't aim at the head they aim where the head will be. It's a moot point because it landed clean. There is plenty of other things to show he was a scumbag in the fight without guess intent.

well...he should have leaned forward to try to pull guard or do something but he just sat back and you know what ensued.

regardless of intent, i was pulling for Anderson and the shorts thing was dirty. it is what it is though...Yves only gave warnings and the fight played out how it did.

what if Mazzagatti never stood Brock up and took that point in the first Mir fight? a different ref may have handled things differently and Mir may not have gotten that win, but he may have anyways. its all pure speculation but one thing is certain...the way the fight went down is the way it actually happened.

you guys still letting BraimStorm get to you. I thought this was resolve.

nobody is gotten to here. ive had discussions with him on MMA on here before. he has his opinions and is entitled to them like everyone else.

well...he should have leaned forward to try to pull guard or do something but he just sat back and you know what ensued.

regardless of intent, i was pulling for Anderson and the shorts thing was dirty. it is what it is though...Yves only gave warnings and the fight played out how it did.

what if Mazzagatti never stood Brock up and took that point in the first Mir fight? a different ref may have handled things differently and Mir may not have gotten that win, but he may have anyways. its all pure speculation but one thing is certain...the way the fight went down is the way it actually happened.

nobody is gotten to here. ive had discussions with him on MMA on here before. he has his opinions and is entitled to them like everyone else.

I agree he should have done something. He was in no mans land and stayed there. Although there was no option that was pretty from that spot.

I was rooting for Chael. Not because i am a fan. Im really not. I didnt really enjoy his trash talking and he rallies MMA fans around this PPV. Something we have needed for a while now. I rooted for him more so for the good of the sport. I dotn really have favorite fighters. I have one who got me interested in the sport way back in the day,Tank. That is it. I have a few guys like really like to watch like franklin, Gurgel, Hazelette. Guys who have connections to where i used to train. Outside of that im really not a fan of specific fighters. I tend to root for the ones who entertain and are good for the sport. Chael winning would have been good for the sport/UFC. It would have given us a huge rubber match. Its these rubber matches that set records. Couture/Chuck for example. It was going to be impossible for Chael to beat Silva two times in a row. He just has to dodge to many bullets for way to long. But the media attention and thos eevents would have been huge and it would have given time for another contender to establish himself. I hated Brock Lesnar. But once he lost and lost his aura of invicability i rooted for him. Not because i liked him but because he was so important to the UFC and MMA. He brought eyes that would allow other fighters to grow on these casual WWE and sports fans.

Just wanted to show you where im coming from. Outsdie of rooting for whats best for the UFC/MMA i hate unbeaten fighters. What i love most about MMA is that anyone can lose on any given day. With so many weapons anyone who puts in the effort will always have a chance to win no matter how small. I study every fighter i watch and look for weakness'. Every fighter has them and it really irks me to see people claiming someone as the greatest ever when i believe given 3 choices of opponents i can get anyone beat. Once someone has been beat and exposes their weaknesss i no longer hate them. Strange i know. I dont hate all unbeaten guys or long winnign streak guys. Just the ones who fans act like giddy school girls. Like Machida is fine with me now. But when he was champ i hated his guts. lol. People likes to claim someone us god like and unbeatable and we both know thats silly in this sport.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/9/3147374/chael-sonnen-appeal-loss-anderson-silva-knee-ufc-148-nsac

Sonnen, who was on the wrong end of a second round technical knockout (TKO) stoppage, planned to file an appeal against his loss to "The Spider" with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), claiming Silva's crushing knee intended to strike the head of a downed opponent.

"We're going to ask for a rematch. We deserve a rematch. If the only way Anderson Silva can win is by cheating, we need to keep a closer eye on Silva before and during a fight. And we need a rematch now. Legal knee or illegal knee, there's enough doubt with all the fouls to warrant a rematch."

The appeal, which was eventually abandoned to pursue a rematch from the UFC brass, comes in stark contrast to Sonnen's post-fight comments, who not only admitted to joining his Brazilian nemesis in a clothing tug-of-war, but also downplayed the intentions of the knee that signaled the beginning of the end to his championship rematch:

He did this last time as well. He was respectful and humble after the fight then the very next day went on to spew all the BS we have been hearing over the last year. After this fight he admitted to grabbing Silva's shorts too and claimed the knee was fine. 1st thing in the morning he tried to use it to get the decision reversed then to get an immediate rematch. The guy has no shame. He should earn it like everyone else. The 1st 2 times he used his mouth to get the fight. This time he should try beating some top 5 guys for once.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/9/3147374/chael-sonnen-appeal-loss-anderson-silva-knee-ufc-148-nsac

He did this last time as well. He was respectful and humble after the fight then the very next day went on to spew all the BS we have been hearing over the last year. After this fight he admitted to grabbing Silva's shorts too and claimed the knee was fine. 1st thing in the morning he tried to use it to get the decision reversed then to get an immediate rematch. The guy has no shame. He should earn it like everyone else. The 1st 2 times he used his mouth to get the fight. This time he should try beating some top 5 guys for once.

He beat Bisping to get his rematch. Bisping is also still one of the top two contenders. So i dont see how he wasnt a worthy win to earn a title shot. I agree with him. There was enough fouls to warrent a rematch. I dotn think he will beat Silva but he deserves another chance. There is no one else anyone cares about watching Silva fight yet anyway. Bisping hasnt fought since and needs to wins. Lumbard needs a couple fights in the UFC just to get his name out there to the UFC fans base. A title fight now would kill PPV buys. Munoz hasnt beat anyone worth a damn. Even his next fight is verses a up and comer who hasnt beat anyone either. You can make an arguement for Belfort. Lets do this thing and put it to bed. It will bring a lot of entertainment to everyone involved. Fans of both parties. Both guys will make lots of money and it will sell better than any of the forced options. Then one of the contenders might actually look appealing for a title shot. rather than getting a shot because there was no other options.

As for Chael contradicting himself. He did the honest and smart thing. He didnt run his mouth until he had a chance to go back and look at the fight and access the situation. He just got TKO'ed he wasnt in a position to intelegently address the subject. Maybe he wasnt aware of the entend Silva pulled his shorts or to the extent of the grease. But all the factors he made a decision to purse the appeal. IF Chael felt he really had no excuse and the fouls didnt leave doubt and Silva was really the better man i dont think he would purse the rematch if he knew he would get his ass kicked again. In the words of Kenny Florian "I can watch these guys fight every day". And in the words of Tone Loc "Lets do it".