Blitzkrieg NY's Featherweight World Grand Prix

You have Lester scheduled for the 28th of July.. Is that going to put him out of contention for this?

Nope. I think we are looking at an 8/15 start date right now.

The undisputed greatest bantamweight of all-time, Clint Lomax, has joined the tournament. Clint hasn't lost at BW or FW in almost a full calendar year.

As long as Teixeira wins this weekend, he's in and the tournament should have our 16. If anyone else is interested let me know and we'll take the top 16 guys.

• Upvote 1

The undisputed greatest bantamweight of all-time, Clint Lomax, has joined the tournament. Clint hasn't lost at BW or FW in almost a full calendar year.

As long as Teixeira wins this weekend, he's in and the tournament should have our 16. If anyone else is interested let me know and we'll take the top 16 guys.

And now a message from the Undisputed Greatest Bantamweight of All Time....

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21b22.jpg

Your savior Clint Lomax here. Thank you Johnnie for that well deserved introduction but god dammit next time make sure you link them to my profile page so everyone can ooh and aah over my career. For God's Sake everyone deserves the pleasure of seeing my accomplishments. If anything, it may motivate some of you lard-asses to get off the couch and exercise every once in a while. But let's be honest, I don't care how much you exercise, your filthy girlfriends will still choose me over you.

I want to take this opportunity to give a big middle finger to the fighter ranking committee. Kazu Wazuri ranked #5 P4P? I beat his ass from pillar to post 6 months ago. If it wasn't for stupid American Airlines not getting me to Hilo in time for a fight a couple months ago, I would be ranked in the Top 5 right now.

I am excited for the opportunity to show Richard Texiera who is boss. That guy has been ducking me since he was in the womb. I'm looking forward to the eventual finale of Jarvae vs the Manchester Nightmare.

What's that? His name is Waru Kuzuri? You think I care if I say his name right? He's lucky he can even say his name after that beating I threw him.

Your savior Clint Lomax here. Thank you Johnnie for that well deserved introduction but god dammit next time make sure you link them to my profile page so everyone can ooh and aah over my career. For God's Sake everyone deserves the pleasure of seeing my accomplishments. If anything, it may motivate some of you lard-asses to get off the couch and exercise every once in a while. But let's be honest, I don't care how much you exercise, your filthy girlfriends will still choose me over you.

I want to take this opportunity to give a big middle finger to the fighter ranking committee. Kazu Wazuri ranked #5 P4P? I beat his ass from pillar to post 6 months ago. If it wasn't for stupid American Airlines not getting me to Hilo in time for a fight a couple months ago, I would be ranked in the Top 5 right now.

I am excited for the opportunity to show Richard Texiera who is boss. That guy has been ducking me since he was in the womb. I'm looking forward to the eventual finale of Jarvae vs the Manchester Nightmare.

What's that? His name is Waru Kuzuri? You think I care if I say his name right? He's lucky he can even say his name after that beating I threw him.

So sorry! I had it on the first post of the thread. Next time I'll get it right. I'll make sure my minions deliver on your Rider. Green M&Ms in a crystal bowl, purple Skittles in a 24k gold dish, and spring water delivered straight from Mother Nature's teet.

• 2 weeks later...

I just need to plug one hole in the tournament and I can randomize the brackets. I suppose I could randomize them now and have the last entrant randomly entered as "Random Entrant." You guys tell me how you want in done. Option 1 is to wait until the last hole is plugged up. Option 2 is to just do it right now and have one person just not know who they are fighting.

Also, Olle Koskinen is fighting on 8/4. In the event he gets a 14+ day injury, he will not be fighting the same date as everyone else. First round is scheduled for 8/18. If Koskinen ends up with a 14+ day injury, he'll get bumped to the likely Wednesday event we have yet to announce, but will likely hold on 8/22. So, one fight will have a chance of being on 8/22.

If you look at the FW world rankings, the top four featherweights are in this tournament, along with the #7, 13 and 16 fighters. Almost half of the top FWs in the game are participating!

I just need to plug one hole in the tournament and I can randomize the brackets. I suppose I could randomize them now and have the last entrant randomly entered as "Random Entrant." You guys tell me how you want in done. Option 1 is to wait until the last hole is plugged up. Option 2 is to just do it right now and have one person just not know who they are fighting.

Also, Olle Koskinen is fighting on 8/4. In the event he gets a 14+ day injury, he will not be fighting the same date as everyone else. First round is scheduled for 8/18. If Koskinen ends up with a 14+ day injury, he'll get bumped to the likely Wednesday event we have yet to announce, but will likely hold on 8/22. So, one fight will have a chance of being on 8/22.

If you look at the FW world rankings, the top four featherweights are in this tournament, along with the #7, 13 and 16 fighters. Almost half of the top FWs in the game are participating!

I say set the matchups with the random entrant.

Damn i got Random. Sadly i spent 10 minutes looking up all the fighters to see if anyone changed their name to Random. Then i read the last few posts and realized it was a epic fail lol. I guess i will go into this fight blind like Tank fighting Pedro Rizzo. wait that is a bad example....never mind.

A brilliant man with an even more brilliant mind woke up in a bed full of naked Victoria's Secret models. After copping a few feels he rolled out of bed this morning to notice a particular e-mail that caught his attention.

私は彼であった場合、私は再戦神経質だと思う - Waru Kuzuri

What provoked this reaction from one of the greatest fighters under 155 lbs was still a mystery, but after forwarding the e-mail to his assistant, it didn't take long to uncover the blasphemy:

Chris Karter read this New Yorker's words while burning on some high quality herb. While he agreed with giving the finger to the ranking committee, he disagreed with everything after that, and disagreed with Lomax's claim of being a top 5 fighter.

"Waru Kuzuri is the second coming of the Japanese Jesus; he's an indestructable, immovable, mini titan." - 7/11/12

"Lomax beat a very young 22 year old fighter, threw everything he had at him including the kitchen sink, and Waru Kuzuri still stood in the paint, dictated round 4, and ultimately he did lose the fight that night, but he'll win the war. I don't think Lomax is grasping reality here; Waru Kuzuri is only getting better and has only improved since their fight. Lomax isn't getting any younger and isn't improving. Hell this guy can't even make it to the correct location of his fights anymore. By the time he realized that Waru Kuzuri is the present and the future of the Bantamweight division he'll be waking up laying on his back, staring at a much better lookin Waru Kuzuri."

Silvia Rushes Lomax and starts throwing punches like they are going out of style! Lomax is up against the cage and has nowhere to go. Silvia Piles on the pressure and Lomax crumples to the floor! This one is all over!

See, Chris Karter knew Lomax had a lot of Tito Ortiz in him. Unlike the casual fan, Karter remembers a certain fight where Lomax folded up against the cage and crumbled like a little girl who was tired of getting scolded by her daddy. He envisions that a rematch between Kuzuri & Lomax would end in a similar fashion, with Kuzuri coming out on top.

"I think it's pretty clear that Lomax is envious of Waru Kuzuri's god given ability, fame, his athletic superiority, and his hair. Clint is getting so old and his hairline is receeding so badly, that hair doesn't even grow on the other two sides of that thing he calls a mohawk. It looks more like a landing strip to me which might be the only excuse he has for missing his fights. Lomax shouldn't blame the Athletic Commission, or the American Airlines for his P4P world ranking. He should blame his managements incompetence to get him to his fights on time. Clint's obvious signs of fear and jealousy reak like manure in a pig pen. In his last 5 fights Lomax is 3-1 with not 1 but 2 No Contest. This guy didn't even make it to the correct city for his fights."

The legendary manager didn't discredit Clint Lomax's accomplishments, but he wasn't overly impressed either.

"He's a good fighter. Some might even call him great and he's definitely one of the most accomplished bantamweights out there, but I think his greatest accomplishment was defeating an out-of-prime Hakuin Ekaku. Isn't that the last fight he finished? How can you possibly take anything away from Waru Kuzuri if you haven't finished a fight in over 2 years? Not only is Kuzuri finishing fights, since dropping the decision to Lomax he's 7-0 with 4 knockouts. Since Lomax victory over Kuzuri he's 6-1 with 2 NC and only 1 finish. Kuzuri's done everything Lomax has done. He's fought from BW to LW. He recently stepped up to 155 and stood with the best LW in the world, Christian Slaughter, if not the best, definitely one of the toughest, and he won a very close decision. You're 1-1 at 155, with your only win being against a guy who's been KO'd 11 times. Kuzuri's wearing 2 championship belts just like you - in an org with more hype and competition. Somebody deliver this message to Clint Lomax - if you're the greatest BW in the world, Waru Kuzuri is your successor. Be prepared to pass him the torch. He will do what you've done and then some. At the end of your careers, you will be second to him."

• Upvote 3

A brilliant man with an even more brilliant mind woke up in a bed full of naked Victoria's Secret models. After copping a few feels he rolled out of bed this morning to notice a particular e-mail that caught his attention.

私は彼であった場合、私は再戦神経質だと思う - Waru Kuzuri

What provoked this reaction from one of the greatest fighters under 155 lbs was still a mystery, but after forwarding the e-mail to his assistant, it didn't take long to uncover the blasphemy:

Chris Karter read this New Yorker's words while burning on some high quality herb. While he agreed with giving the finger to the ranking committee, he disagreed with everything after that, and disagreed with Lomax's claim of being a top 5 fighter.

"Waru Kuzuri is the second coming of the Japanese Jesus; he's an indestructable, immovable, mini titan." - 7/11/12

"Lomax beat a very young 22 year old fighter, threw everything he had at him including the kitchen sink, and Waru Kuzuri still stood in the paint, dictated round 4, and ultimately he did lose the fight that night, but he'll win the war. I don't think Lomax is grasping reality here; Waru Kuzuri is only getting better and has only improved since their fight. Lomax isn't getting any younger and isn't improving. Hell this guy can't even make it to the correct location of his fights anymore. By the time he realized that Waru Kuzuri is the present and the future of the Bantamweight division he'll be waking up laying on his back, staring at a much better lookin Waru Kuzuri."

See, Chris Karter knew Lomax had a lot of Tito Ortiz in him. Unlike the casual fan, Karter remembers a certain fight where Lomax folded up against the cage and crumbled like a little girl who was tired of getting scolded by her daddy. He envisions that a rematch between Kuzuri & Lomax would end in a similar fashion, with Kuzuri coming out on top.

"I think it's pretty clear that Lomax is envious of Waru Kuzuri's god given ability, fame, his athletic superiority, and his hair. Clint is getting so old and his hairline is receeding so badly, that hair doesn't even grow on the other two sides of that thing he calls a mohawk. It looks more like a landing strip to me which might be the only excuse he has for missing his fights. Lomax shouldn't blame the Athletic Commission, or the American Airlines for his P4P world ranking. He should blame his managements incompetence to get him to his fights on time. Clint's obvious signs of fear and jealousy reak like manure in a pig pen. In his last 5 fights Lomax is 3-1 with not 1 but 2 No Contest. This guy didn't even make it to the correct city for his fights."

The legendary manager didn't discredit Clint Lomax's accomplishments, but he wasn't overly impressed either.

"He's a good fighter. Some might even call him great and he's definitely one of the most accomplished bantamweights out there, but I think his greatest accomplishment was defeating an out-of-prime Hakuin Ekaku. Isn't that the last fight he finished? How can you possibly take anything away from Waru Kuzuri if you haven't finished a fight in over 2 years? Not only is Kuzuri finishing fights, since dropping the decision to Lomax he's 7-0 with 4 knockouts. Since Lomax victory over Kuzuri he's 6-1 with 2 NC and only 1 finish. Kuzuri's done everything Lomax has done. He's fought from BW to LW. He recently stepped up to 155 and stood with the best LW in the world, Christian Slaughter, if not the best, definitely one of the toughest, and he won a very close decision. You're 1-1 at 155, with your only win being against a guy who's been KO'd 11 times. Kuzuri's wearing 2 championship belts just like you - in an org with more hype and competition. Somebody deliver this message to Clint Lomax - if you're the greatest BW in the world, Waru Kuzuri is your successor. Be prepared to pass him the torch. He will do what you've done and then some. At the end of your careers, you will be second to him."

Your champion here, Clint Lomax. Great writeup Mr. Koppelman. You've proven you can put a few sentences together. I agree with you that Kazu Wazuzu may be the future of this fine sport. But god dammit I am the present and I am going to make sure people know that. Every good thing must come to an end, and I'll be the first one to tell you that I don't have much left in me. Hell, I can barely get myself up out of bed the morning of a fight. But they keep throwing challengers at me, and I keep beating them. Knockout or no knockout, I'm winning and winning convincingly. Sometimes its about brains, not brawn. And if I keep going all out like I did when I was 22, I'll have no brains left.

I am the greatest bantamweight of all time, there's no doubting that. Sure, someone will surpass me. Muhammad Ali was the greatest of all time for a couple of decades, but then Tommy Morrison came along and the rest is history. And someone is destined to be my Tommy Morrison. Will it be Wahoo Kazuzi? It could be. But I doubt it. Whether or not he goes on to accomplish great things, they will always talk about how I defeated him with one hand basically tied behind my back. Until he beats me, he will never get my torch.

Besides, this is a featherweight tournament. So no matter what I do here, I'm still the greatest Bantamweight of all time. Cmon you don't think I planned that from the start? I told you, brains before brawn, big man.

• Upvote 2

Sitting in the darkened basement the only light is a glow from a cigarette slowing burning in an ash tray... The glow moves upwards as a bad bad man takes a long drag, the embers flare and the horrors from the basement are revealed in silhouette... The horrors too dispicable to talk about.. But that is the life he has chosen.. he was born a man with faulty wiring, a life path no normal person can understand but a path that makes perfect sense in his mind...

He turns on the dingy reading lamp and flicks through the Blitzkrieg press releases... Clit Lomax and Wahoo Kazoo dominate the pages... He rocks back in his chair, a strange smirk comes across his face as his takes another long drag on his cigarette... The disturbed Lester flicks past their names symbolising just how unimportant these 2 peacocks are...

His grubby fingers scroll down the list until he finds the name he was looking for... Jealous Jarvae... He almost falls off his chair... The perfect example of a person who has been kissed on the dick his whole life.. Lester rubs his......... hands vigorusly together as he plans the many ways he can abuse Jarvae in his cage...

He scrolls through the rest of the competition none of the other names draw his attention more than one man's right near the bottom of the draw.... The cause of all of Moe Lester's problems... his achilles heel, Young Anus.... Lester takes another drag as his body shudders with the thoughts finally putting the beating Young Anus deserves... 3 fights against him for 3 losses... If they meet again it will be to decide the winner of the tournament... No better time or place for Lester to get the Young Anus he desires....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Updated the first post with all 16 entrants. All entrants are signed. All but one fight has been confirmed for the first round which begins on 8/15, with one fight on 8/11.

All 16 entrants, and their current weight class rank and pound-for-pound rank are included. It's incredible, but we have the top three featherweights in this tournament; four of the top five; five of the top ten; seven of the top twenty; thirteen of the top fifty; and sixteen of the top ninety featherweights all involved in this tournament!

Entrants

1. Waru Kuzuri (#1 W/C; #10 p4p)

2. Olle Koskinen (#2 W/C; #15 p4p)

3. Jealous Jarvae (#3 W/C; #43 p4p)

4. Clint Lomax(#5 W/C; #73 p4p)

5. Alphons Draclau (#9 W/C; #131 p4p)

6. Angus Young (#13 W/C; #176 p4p)

7. Sergio Garcia, Jr. (#17 W/C; #239 p4p)

8. Moe Lester (#29 W/C; #401 p4p)

9. Heavy Damage (#32 W/C; #437 p4p)

10. Shelton Harrell (#39 W/C; #494 p4p)

11. Alex Andre (#46 W/C; #547 p4p)

12. Mitch Heisenberg (#48 W/C; #556 p4p)

13. Dresden Carmichael (#49 W/C; #565 p4p)

14. Richard Teixeira (#59 W/C; #701 p4p)

15. Keiji Hashimoto (#61 W/C; #723 p4p)

16. Frank Rizzo, Jr. (#90 W/C; #1216 p4p)

The draw was done randomly at challonge.com. The first round match-ups feature:

(10) Shelton Harrell v. (12) Mitch Heisenberg

(2) Olle Koskinen v. (5) Alphons Draclau

(3) Jealous Jarvae v. (8) Moe Lester

(14) Richard Teixeira v. (16) Frank Rizzo Jr

(13) Keiji Hashimoto v. (15) Dresden Carmichael

(1) Waru Kuzuri v. (9) Heavy Damage

(6) Angus Young v. (11) Alex Andre

(4) Clint Lomax v. (7) Sergio Garcia Jr

The Featherweight Grand Prix kicks off tonight with two of the opening eight fights on Blitzkrieg 129. On this card is the most anticipated first round match-up in the tournament featuring Alphons Draclau (#8 FW) v. Olle Koskinen (#2 FW). Not too be outdone, Blitzkrieg Featherweight Champion, Angus Young, takes on his first round opponent, Alex Andre.

(5)Alphons Draclau (18-1) v. (2) Olle Koskinen (29-4) – Featherweight Grand Prix

Koskinen enters this battle on a fifteen fight win streak, winning twenty of his last twenty-one fights. Koskinen is a sensational boxer who relies heavily on his fists. He will mix in kicks, but not so much to do damage, but to distract his opponent’s eye to allow more accurate punches. Just because he is a boxer does not mean he shies away from the ground. Koskinen features a strong ground game. He has the ability to sweep if he ends up on his back and, from there, he won’t just try and stand up. He has been known to inflict some serious ground and pound. In his last fight, despite being taken down three times and landing no takedowns of his own, Koskinen managed to land fifteen of eighteen ground strikes. However, his opponent, Draclau is a ground fighting wizard. Draclau is on his own fourteen fight win streak with an overall record of 18-1. Draclau is an Olympic-level wrestler with a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Six of his last seven fights have ended early with four submissions and two (T)KOs. He has proven adept and securing takedowns and patience in waiting for his submissions. While flaunting a similar striking skill set, Olle appears to have the advantage on the feet. No doubt, he’ll want to keep this standing. In the event the fight does hit the mat, Olle would be wise to keep all limbs inside the roller coaster at all times. If Draclau can grab an arm, a leg or a neck, Olle is in for some pain. On the other hand, Draclau has never faced quite the caliber opponent as Olle. Olle has tons of worldly experience and while Draclau has a good chin, Olle has the power to tap it. The winner quickly establishes themselves as the one to beat in the entire field.

(6)Angus Young (25-3-1) v. (11)Alex Andre (25-12) – Featherweight Grand Prix

Angus Young is the reigning, defending Blitzkrieg Featherweight Champion. With twenty-five wins in twenty-nine fights and experience against the most talented featherweights in the world, Angus Young has nothing left to prove. Yet he entered this tournament with the intent of being recognized as the greatest featherweight of all-time. Certainly, no one is going to mistake Angus as a powerhouse with knockout power, but his assets lie in his durability. Angus has never been stopped. He is extremely well-rounded with sensational boxing and muay thai. Angus has the ability to attack from the outside or from the clinch with a mix of punches and knees. His tenacious, aggressive forward movement has won him nearly every fight he’s ever been in. Andre enters this test having lost four of his last six fights. However, those losses have come against world-class competition. Andre holds a unanimous decision victory (50:45) over Karl De Groot, a man who defeated Angus Young by majority decision (48:47, 48:47, 48:48). The way Andre handed De Groot defeat is going to be his straightest path to victory against Angus: aggressive and accurate striking. Andre has a granite chin and Angus doesn't have the greatest power, so punches in bunches will be flying from both men.

• Upvote 1

Recent sport reports from Blitz writer BrotherHec have suggested that Moe Lester is crippled withh self doubt about whether he "still has it"..

After recently speaking to the reclusive Lester I can tell you first hand those rumours couldn't be further from the truth.

People seem to overlook the fact that the last 2 opponents I have beaten both had similiar ground skills to Jarvae but also knew how to strike. I have snuffed 16 of the 19 takedown attempts in those 2 fights and on the occasions the fight actually went to ground I have totally negated their ground games.. I have no doubt if Jarvae even lasts long enough to get the fight to the ground, I will get back to a standing position and then proceed to pick him apart, physical abuse both from distant but also where I love it most clinching in tight spaces ... he will not be able to counter or defend against the massive arsenal of strikes I intend to throw at him.

I'm not here to be some stepping stone to the next round, I have my sights set on taking out each and every opponent that is thrown my way.

Jarvae you are in for a world of hurt, I'm a sick and twisted man, with nothing too lose but everything to gain...

August 15, First Round fights

By BrotherHec:

Sergio Garcia Jr vs Clint Lomax

The first main card fight of Blitz 130 features “The Manchester Nightmare” Clint Lomax, the Cage Wars Title Holder of both the 145lbs and 135lbs division has come to Blitzkrieg for his second match and is looking on taking out Sergio “Quack” Garcia Jr. Quack, who is now 14-2-1 after he lost his Ascension lightweight title on Independence Day is looking to make a return to the cage with a win over a huge competitor in MMATYCOON. When Sergio won the Ascension title back in the ppv Bad Medicine most people were stunned. A huge underdog going into that fight coming off of a very painful loss, the first in his career due to submission, had now received the opportunity to fight for the title. Ascension one of the biggest orgs in the business after Blitzkrieg NY was no doubt a tough org to be part of and to own a belt in that org meant you were somewhat legit. Well, most people thought it was a fluke he won that belt so going in for round two he defended it against a heavy favorite in Zak Drezner who he also defeated not only to retain his title but to earn back to back Fight Of The Night Awards! On his third title fight the humble champion looked to defend his title for a third time against the very vicious Richard Dawkins. The fight only lasted three rounds before Garcia was pummeled by strikes suffering the second and perhaps the more devastating loss in his career. Well after ten fights in Ascension he finally came over to Blitz NY for the very first time to fight in the LA coliseum a place very near and dear to his heart as it was the place he won and defended his title, an arena he has never lost in with his home fans at ringside. Two years the older and about 21 more fights then Garcia Jr. The Manchester Nightmare stands ready and willing to dispose of the former Ascension champion. Looking to make a more fearful mark here in Blitzkrieg, his first fight was against the deadly Brian Peppers who he took to the decision under the Hall-Jarvae II card where he took Fight Of The Night in his very first Blitzkrieg performance. Now the Thirty year old has to show everyone his famous KO Power that earned im that CWFL belt is still here as he moves up against probably the toughest opponent he has ever faced. A win here could really show the fans that Lomax can take anyone in the division. Currently ranked #4 in his division he has to face the toughest guys that are presented to him and right now “Quack” who is the #17 145lbs fighter in the MMATYCOON wont be taking anything less then a win home. Clint Lomax has played in three different weight classes and realizing that the right weight class for him is right in between the 135lbs and the 155lbs and that’s for him right where he will be fighting. When he won his first title at CWFL the fans went ecstatic as he defeated Brian Harvey by TKO, it was only his second fight in CWFL but he took that title. Moving back up to his 145lbs weight he fought Kostya Tszyu for the title and when the fourth round was ended by his strikes to the head of Tszyus head, we knew we were watching a legend in progress. He went on winning fights and awards all over the place until he lost his last loss to Hugo Torres moving up to the 155lbs weight class which he had only fought at once before. He would have been, if he won that fight, the only guy in the CWFL to have won three different belts in that same org. Now these two monsters are going head to head. I am hoping for a fight of the night and to be honest I do not expect any less.

MY PREDICTION: The fight is going to be a great one and I think the possibilities of how this thing could end are absolutely huge. I personally think that the true winner will be the MANCHESTER NIGHTMARE. I know that after a loss Garcia wins, and he has never lost in his arena but I think Lomax will take this one tonight.

Jealous Jarvae vs Moe Lester

In a fight that is huge in the fight that is absolutely huge for the 145lbs division Jealous Jarvae, the guy who fought the best pound for pound fighter twice in MMATYCOON is moving back down 25lbs to his respective division. The division that made him who he is. Jealous Jarvae one of the most feared submission artists in the game is no doubt looking to get back on the winning track and take a belt in the very near future but the guy that is standing in his way is an opponent who may very well put him in the opposite direction of that title. Moe Lester has been in three intense and great fights with Angus Young the division champion. Besides losing to Angus Young he is pretty much unbeatable in the featherweight division losing to only one other person in Blitzkrieg but defeating 10 opponents. Ever since he lost his title to Angus Young he really hasn’t been the same fighter going on winning all but one of his victories by decision. Some speculate whether or not Moe Lester “still has it”. Its not a to far off question but a victory over Jealous Jarvae and possibly another top opponent would no doubt give him another shot at Angus Young, if he wanted it that is. There is no doubt in my mind this is one of those fights you watch to see who is really one of the best contenders in the division. Now rumors spread quick as we all know and there was a rumor that ran around recently that Jarvae was taking this fight very lightly. News reports ran around saying how Lester was nothing more than a “stepping stone” and that Lester has a “snowballs chance in Las Vegas.” When I heard the news I immediately got up and ran to book my plane ticket to check out the gym and whether or not Jarvae was taking this fight lightly. As I arrived in LA I was greeted by the usual gang members with gun shots flying by and other sorts of crazy events but making my way down to one of the most prominent gyms in Los Angeles: Supremacy of Self Pit Inc., I quickly noted that there were only twice as many fighters there as there were trainers which is never a bad thing. Their sparring schedule was hanging up on the wall and as I took a peek at it I realized that this gym was much more advanced then the legendary cozad gyms and many others for that matter. From the equipment to the cleanliness Jarvaes gym was top notch and I was amazed with how good he was training. While I was there I caught him doing some padwork, some pretty heavy padwork that is, and I was able to see that the rumors that were created were by nothing more than internet junkies. I didn’t get to speak to anyone that day they were all super busy but if you watched Jarvae like I was able to you know that Lester is going to be in one hellacious fight come Wednesday. On paper you look at the two guys who will be going head to head and you would tell yourself that if Jarvae decides to stand he will probably get dropped a few times as Lester clearly has the more knowledge of the standup game. On the other hand, Lester no doubt can lose on the floor to Jarvae who is a Black Belt in BJJ and has most of wins by submission. The last time Lester submitted to anyone professionally was to Nate Springs in April 2011. Eighteen fights later he was not seen to submit again. Jarvae is a much different grappler then we have seen Lester go up against however so anything is possible and who is to say that either of them have that game plan they both might want to keep it standing, after all Lesters last TKO win was back in February so does he really have anything to fear from the guy who hasn’t knocked out his last seven opponents? YES! Don’t get it twisted there is a reason Lester is going against Jarvae and its because he is more than willing to get in there and KO Jarvae.

MY PREDICTION: This fight will quickly boost the winner up the rankings. Jarvae will probably win this fight by submission or if it goes the distance.

Heavy Damage vs Waru Kuzuri

Its…Its…Waru Kuzuri!!! The #9 pound for pound fighter in the world has finally arrived ladies and gentleman. Two Division champion of ONI has decided to step his game up into BLITZKRIEG! Oh whats that you say?! You don’t know who Kuzuri is? Let me break it to you like this. Kuzuri has only lost twice in his illustrious career and in his past seventeen fights he has only lost once! Both defeats are by Unanimous decision. What does this mean? It means there is no blue print to knock him out or submit Kuzuri. This guy is a monster a beast a demon a warrior and other names like that. Most people claim he is the #1 fighter in his division in the entire world. Hes making his professional Blitzkrieg debut against Heavy Damage another destroyer of careers who was one of the greatest champions Versus has ever seen knocking out all comers to retain his title. Recently defeated and losing his title Damage has sought Refuge in the biggest org in the world to take on the biggest opponent he could. A win here for him on this would put Heavy Damage on a whole new level. The Young Japanese Kuzuri, only 24 years of age, has recently brought his camp over to Los Angeles for the remaining time before the fight training at Brutal Brotherhood one of the best gyms LA has and it has to be if Waru Kuzuri will be training there. The young Waru has so many skills under him its almost amazing that he is only now making his Blitzkrieg debut but its definitely not against some guy who is a walk in the park. Training out of Top Team London is Heavy Damage, a ferocious striker who usually leaves his opponents asking the ref, “What happened?” From knocking out guys through head kicks or submitting opponents by armbar Heavy Damage really has the whole package. He was the former top ten feather weight in the world at one time and now is looking to take on the greatest featherweight we have yet to see. His chances look bleak to be honest as there have been numerous losses in his career two by knockout and the other by submission which was really a knockout if you ask me, his style has become more and more predictable by his opponents and its definitely something he has got to think about. Should he go in and fight the way he usually fights or should he try a different approach one that would catch Waru off guard? Do you know what this fight reminds me of? It reminds me of Apollo Creed vs Rocky Balboa. Have you seen it? Well if you haven’t go see it but basically Rocky was such an underdog going against the greatest it was almost unreal to believe he had a shot but he hung in there and many believe he had actually won the fight. The fight we see here now reminds me of that. Not many people are giving Rocky…Excuse me, Damage a real shot here and that’s got to weigh on him. In a fight like this you need to believe in yourself you need to know that you can go out there and you can finish this fight and that you are the best in the world. Although Waru has never been finished we see great fighters all the time get finished off in the business here, Golden Glory is a prime example. One of my favorite MMATYCOON fighters I would root for him before each of his fights and then…He lost. Im not saying Waru is unbeatable im saying that it is extremely hard to defeat someone of his caliber, hes the Jon Jones or Jose Aldo of his division, hes lost but no one really knows how to beat him. Before I close up my preview I will let you know that I sat down with Ethan Downs and asked him what he thought about the upcoming match,”Im looking forward to reading your preview.” He smiled then continued on, “Unfortunately I don’t have to much to say on it, other than its gonna be a good fight. Heavy Damage is a dangerous fighter, but so is Waru. Good luck to HD and his manager, I know he has aske me about getting this match a couple of times in the past so im glad it worked out that we get to do it in this amazing tournament.” I love when people tell me they are looking forward to my preview! Lets move on to:

MY PREDICTION: Waru. How can you go against the best?

By Gable:

Mitch Heisenberg v. Shelton Harrell

Mitch Heisenberg shot out of a cannon winning seventeen of his first nineteen fights with one loss to current Ascension Lightweight Champion, Richard Dawkins. He dominated the local Los Angeles circuit before moving to New York and asserting his dominance in that city as well. However, he ran into Rico Dominguez ended Mitch’s seven fight win-streak. Mitch fought Rico again to a majority draw, but did “lose” the majority draw on the dissenting judge’s scorecard. Mitch has effective stand-up, but has really taken to grappling. He has, however, favored position over submission to an excessive degree. In the draw against Rico, he attempted to improve position 37 times while mounting only 6 offensive moves. On an extremely positive sign, he managed to take Rico down on all three attempts. His opponent is a positively huge featherweight. In fact, Shelton Harrell is fighting at 145 for the first time since April 8, 2010. At 160 pounds, he’s the biggest fighter in the field. At lightweight, he had tremendous success, but was largely considered a durable point-fighter. The elite boxer has gone to decision in each of his last eight wins. His last win by TKO was all the way back in May 2011. However, at lightweight, he’s only been knocked out one time in the same period. His durability should serve him well at 145 and his size should be an advantage. Harrell is going to want to keep this standing and Heisenberg is going to want to take it to the mat. This has decision written all over it. Who takes it depends on who can assert their gameplan.

Richard Teixiera v. Frank Rizzo Jr

Teixiera has had one of the more storied careers for bantamweight fighters with victories over the likes of Charles Babbage, Brian Peppers and Charles Martel. However, we’re not at bantamweight here. At 145 pounds, Teixeira is one of the smallest fighters in the field and will have to rely on raw skill and talent to advance. Teixeira’s best asset is his sensational boxing. He throws punches with bad intention and often hurts his opponents, but rarely does enough to finish the fight. After three straight losses, Teixeira has recently come back strong with two victories. He’ll look to extend that and move on against Frank Rizzo Jr. Rizzo features a very similar skill set to Teixeira. Rizzo is primarily a boxer, but does mix it up with kicks. His advantage over Teixeira lies in his clinch game. Rizzo has an effective clinch game which relies on dirty boxing, but he will mix in the occasional elbow or knee. Both fighters are very evenly matched. Teixeira has big-time experience with big-time fights under his belt. Rizzo is very new to the spotlight which will be burning brightly in the first round of this tournament. With similar stand-up skill sets, Rizzo is going to mix in his kicks and will have to rely on his clinch game to secure victory.

Dresden Carmichael v. Keiji Hashimoto

Dresden Carmichael was on a three-fight losing streak before he came under the tutelage of Dean Sutherland. Under Sutherland, Carmichael has rattled off four straight wins. Of late, Carmichael has primarily relied on his boxing game to win fights. He’s found success in the clinch, but surprisingly hasn’t used his grappling skills. Over his last few fights, he has simply had difficulty securing takedowns. Carmichael will likely have to outwork Hashimoto on the feet because it’s unlikely he’ll want to engage the Brazilian black belt on the mat. Hashimotos only recent losses have come to the best featherweights in the business, Moe Lester and Angus Young. Hashimoto hasn’t been the most exciting fighter, but you can’t argue with his success. While Hashimoto hasn’t found success with submissions of late, he always has that trick in his arsenal and it will be in Carmichael’s mind if the fight hits the ground. Hashimoto has ten career submissions, but only one in the past year. He is most successful when throwing punches in high volume while mixing in takedowns. On the ground, he similarly finds success in an aggressive and reckless approach. Carmichael recently defeated Ogg Nogg who features a similar skill set to Hashimoto. He took that fight by a second round TKO. Power punches were his path to victory while stopping Nogg’s takedowns. Hashimoto will have to be careful to pick his takedowns carefully or else Carmichael could land a perfect counter-KO shot leaving him contemplating the pretty lights on the ceiling of the Los Angeles arena.

• Upvote 1