Blitzkrieg NY's Featherweight World Grand Prix

Blitzkrieg New York presents the Featherweight World Grand Prix with a grand prize of $1,000,000. There have been a lot of tournaments that are and have focused on the bigger weight classes, but the bantamweights and featherweights rarely get the love they deserve. We are hunting for the best and the brightest featherweights in the game. The winner of this competition can truly be crowned the greatest featherweight. We are looking for 16 of the top 100 featherweights, although exceptions can be made for some fighters outside of the top 100 in their weight class. Highly ranked bantamweights are also allowed to move up in weight class to compete. With only 16 fighters, we expect to blaze right through the tournament which will have, at most, 4 fights. To make things move a little faster, we are going to start the tournament on a Saturday and have the second event on a Wednesday, 18 days later, or we'll start on a Wednesday and have next event on a Saturday, 17 days later. From first fight to last, this tournament will only take 8 weeks. Depending on its success, we'd like to start the same tournament at welterweight and then heavyweight!

Rules

1. All entrants must be able to make featherweight.

2. All entrants should be ranked in the top 100 for the weight class, although exceptions can be made.

3. All fights will take place in a cage.

4. All fights will be 5 5 minute rounds.

5. There will be 3 weeks between fights.

6. 16 fighters are required to start the tournament with a minimum ranking

7. Fights will be randomized by Tycoon Tools.

8. Contracts will be 1/5000/5000 for 4 fights

9. The $1,000,000 grand prize will be sent to your manager account via direct payment.

10. First round will begin 3-4 weeks after all entrants are confirmed.

11. Following a loss, all fighters will be released upon request.

We already have some of the top featherweights in the game who, I am sure, would be interested in competing. If interested, please post here or send me a pm.

Entrants

1. Waru Kuzuri (#1 W/C; #10 p4p)

2. Olle Koskinen (#2 W/C; #15 p4p)

3. Jealous Jarvae (#3 W/C; #43 p4p)

4. Clint Lomax(#5 W/C; #73 p4p)

5. Alphons Draclau (#9 W/C; #131 p4p)

6. Angus Young (#13 W/C; #176 p4p)

7. Sergio Garcia, Jr. (#17 W/C; #239 p4p)

8. Moe Lester (#29 W/C; #401 p4p)

9. Heavy Damage (#32 W/C; #437 p4p)

10. Shelton Harrell (#39 W/C; #494 p4p)

11. Alex Andre (#46 W/C; #547 p4p)

12. Mitch Heisenberg (#48 W/C; #556 p4p)

13. Dresden Carmichael (#49 W/C; #565 p4p)

14. Richard Teixeira (#59 W/C; #701 p4p)

15. Keiji Hashimoto (#61 W/C; #723 p4p)

16. Frank Rizzo, Jr. (#90 W/C; #1216 p4p)

The draw was done randomly at challonge.com. The first round match-ups feature:

(10) Shelton Harrell v. (12) Mitch Heisenberg

(2) Olle Koskinen v. (5) Alphons Draclau

(3) Jealous Jarvae v. (8) Moe Lester

(14) Richard Teixeira v. (16) Frank Rizzo Jr

(13) Keiji Hashimoto v. (15) Dresden Carmichael

(1) Waru Kuzuri v. (9) Heavy Damage

(6) Angus Young v. (11) Alex Andre

(4) Clint Lomax v. (7) Sergio Garcia Jr

• Upvote 1

I would love to enter Waru Kuzuri but I think ONI might kill me if I ask them (been bothering them a lot with superfights and stuff), plus I see Richard Dawkins might be in, and I don't want to interfere with that either.

I guess put Waru down as a "maybe", because I really would like to be in it for sure, but we'll have to see.

I would love to enter Waru Kuzuri but I think ONI might kill me if I ask them (been bothering them a lot with superfights and stuff), plus I see Richard Dawkins might be in, and I don't want to interfere with that either.

I guess put Waru down as a "maybe", because I really would like to be in it for sure, but we'll have to see.

Feel free to enter Ethan, and if it gets down to Waru and Richard facing off, so be it. May the better fighter win. :)

Looking at the scheduling, I really don't think Kuzuri will be able to enter, unfortunately. Because he would have to beat Christian Slaughter in CFC on the 8th (which that would be a miracle just by itself), then come back super fast and defend one of his ONI titles, then do the tournament. But the ONI opening I see is on July 21, and that's pretty close to when your tournament starts. I really want to do it, but I don't think it will work out schedule-wise...

#1 FW and top 5 pound-for-pound fighter, Jealous Jarvae is confirmed for this. That gives us the #1 and #2 featherweights in the game entering. No excuses boys. This is your chance at glory. At the end of this tournament, for the first time that I can remember, a featherweight will be the the #1 pound-for-pound fighter. Don't miss the opportunity!

kid torres would smash everyone in this, but it's already been established that mfc ny wants no part in having him come defend his title.

in fact...i challenge the winner of this thing to face off with kid torres. if the winner can beat kid torres, i will give them 1 million dollars. come at me.

• Upvote 1

Waru Kuzuri is confirmed for the tournament. That gives us the top three fighters who can make 145 pounds in the entire game. We still need another 8 or 9 guys to join up! Four fights to glory!

Soyster, congratulations on the big win!

• Upvote 1

Waru Kuzuri is confirmed for the tournament. That gives us the top three fighters who can make 145 pounds in the entire game. We still need another 8 or 9 guys to join up! Four fights to glory!

Soyster, congratulations on the big win!

Thanks man, much appreciated. And sorry about having to bow out. I hope you understand.

Shelton Harrell (#752 p4p) and Dresden Carmichael (#874 p4p) are in too. Only two-three more fighters needed to fill the tournament. We'll keep registration open until Sunday.

First post has been updated.

We can't have both Shelton Harrell and George Robertson in. They fight this weekend and the loser will likely drop too far for the minimum requirements for the tournament. Consider this weekend's fight the preliminary round of the tournament. Winner gets in and loser doesn't have to cut weight!

As long as Teixeira wins this weekend, he's in!