Dont speed up the clock!

Mentor

I have been reading an article in the MMA Tyccon paper about speeding up the clock. All i can say is that the majority of long term players knew this was a slow paced game to begin with (at least i knew that). I joined the game because a wanted a slow paced game. I do not want to need to log in every minute or even every day to check on my fighters and org (although to be honest i do that anyway).

The point is that the game already has a core of members which play this game because it is the way it is. People which want faster paced games have plenty of other options on the market which they can play. DO NOT suddenly make this a game it is not. I enjoy seeing how fighters climb up the ranks or down them over the course of several months. Each fight is a major event which they plan.

I suggest creating a separate game for people which prefer faster paced action. Just have a separate version of the current game, just a lot more faster paced. I know a game i play which has that. Another option is having this new setup of QFC orgs + tourneys. That works well for people which want to fight a lot.

I for one will recosider playing it if suddenly it became a fast paced game.

• Upvote 14

i would like a faster version.

u don't want to have to log in more frequently. i have found, over the 3 years i've been playing, that boredom sets in a bit and i log in less and less... and in doing so, i care less and less about the game. no need to mess up the snail game for everyone tho...i like ur idea about a sped up version.

i used to luv the pace of the game but with a bunch of the changes towards "more realism" it has gotten a bit less fun. i think something that could speed it up without speeding it up is fighters getting better a bit quicker and on the flipside, not lasting as long. i really have no desire to see guys with 100+ fights under their belt or have every fighter pull a randy couture and fight into their 40's. sure, 30 or so seems to be prime in real life but in this game, mid 20's can be 30's.

move 'em in quicker and move 'em out quicker. get a quicker pace to a slow game. u don't need anymore training sessions or aging sped up or anything like that.

...and here come the guys that talk about how much "work" they put into their fighters as if no one else has done the same "work" lol.

...and here come the guys that want the same 15 fighters to be ultimate ass kickers for 8 real life years so they never have to rebuild the roster.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Are there 40 yo fighters out there now? I think I've retired every 30+ Guy I have to spar whoring. Just doesn't seem like we have to worry about many 40+ 'ers right now. I mean maybe a stubborn manager will push his fighters to continue fighting but. I don't see 38-40 yo's dominating the rankings. I like the pace of the game as is, but honestly I just wish we could get to a point where there are no more major changes. However we need to get to that. Tired of logging onto changes, making the appropriate adjustments to get my fighters/sliders/etc. Inline with the changes, only for sumthing else to change before I can even reap the benefits of trying to comply with the last update. It succs taking losses becuz you log on one day and suddenly shit is just different. Or creating a fighter during a slow training time, then a couple months down the road after you've struggled through the SLOW low end and just barely got to an average skill level where you benefit frum the supposedly sped up top end, surprise surprise, training is sped up on the low end again and tapered a bit on the top lol. Awesum.

• Upvote 9

I agree and disagree. I like the pace of the game but it is a bit slow for a game that doesn't have a pay to speed up game like 99% of games do and props to Mike for not making the game like that, i'd prolly leave if it turned into that. The game being sped up slightly would be good i think but not to the stage where it matters how much you log in. Tickers are a pain in the ass. Not because the older fighters have to be maintained like nobodies business but the fact i picked up a 24 year old with tickers that were worse than my 35 year old and the worst thing about it is that my 35 year old has better skills than the 24 year old. Once retired fighters have a use other than sit there it would be great. Chin decay i don't think is the answer. Maybe that the 30 odd year olds skills actually decline slowly over the years. I mean you can go on about guys like Randy but lets be honest when it came to him fighting the more younger athletic guys with skills they tore him apart (Liddell, Brock and Machida). Sure they are guys like Anderson Silva who seem to get better with age but injuries sideline him a lot longer now than they used to. He fights around 2 times a year compared to when he was younger fighting 3-4 times a year same with Dan Henderson.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing training time sped up to where it was before, right now you can get a somewhat decent fighter at 22-23 yrs old only if he is a relatively fast learner, so it seems like people don't like to fight their fighters too young because it hinders training time. I have 22-23 yr olds who are wonderful in most every skill except knees and elbows but their physicals and primaries aren't really in line, so i stick to restricted orgs until they are ready to move to the big leagues per say which will take til around 25-26 yrs old.

I don't think that's the greatest way to do it because it takes new users a pretty long time to ever be able to compete and accomplish goals they might have in mind (short of the can crushers who prove the rankings system is a bit broken). But it also makes guys who have been around a long time and have monsters on their rosters have no desire to build young when their first batch of fighters has past their primes. I can think of dozens of managers who can tell their fighters are reaching their end and refuse to build young, they hope they can grab good FA's to extend their playing time for a while.

Maybe we could have the age where fighters fall off be around the 34-35 mark like it is in real life but drop the number of weeks in a yr down to 10, so that fighters reach that max a little faster? Also speeding up training would get your fighters to a good point at a younger age but they wouldn't stay around forever because of yrs will fly by faster. Another thing we could do to help that is maybe reduce the maximum length of an injury to 7-10 days, and let fighters recover energy faster? Right now the way it works is if you go to a decision it's at least a week until you can get back in the gym. If fighters learned faster/recovered faster from injuries and energy gain it would allow more training time, getting back in the cage sooner and not worrying about not fighting too much at a young age. And it would also get fighters turning over quicker but not making it unbearable to build young when your fighters reach their end. I am sure some1 can come up with a better idea on how to make this work, I was just throwing out random ideas and time frames

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Are there 40 yo fighters out there now? I think I've retired every 30+ Guy I have to spar whoring. Just doesn't seem like we have to worry about many 40+ 'ers right now. I mean maybe a stubborn manager will push his fighters to continue fighting but. I don't see 38-40 yo's dominating the rankings. I like the pace of the game as is, but honestly I just wish we could get to a point where there are no more major changes. However we need to get to that. Tired of logging onto changes, making the appropriate adjustments to get my fighters/sliders/etc. Inline with the changes, only for sumthing else to change before I can even reap the benefits of trying to comply with the last update. It succs taking losses becuz you log on one day and suddenly shit is just different. Or creating a fighter during a slow training time, then a couple months down the road after you've struggled through the SLOW low end and just barely got to an average skill level where you benefit frum the supposedly sped up top end, surprise surprise, training is sped up on the low end again and tapered a bit on the top lol. Awesum.

lol sorry dude, i meant to give ya a +1 and did the opposite. i especially agree with the part about trying to be done with major changes.

as for fighter entering and leaving quicker, i think this will happen when chin decay and injuries become more important, which its in the process of being done, looked at -- this will end up making fighter retire at different times rates and sooner than well he is just getting old, like it is now -- im not against training being back to where it use to be in the start of the game as long as other stuff is done to counter act it -- which the new ticker system will do im sure

Just as an example

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=142626 -- I have spent 61 weeks training this guy, so somewhere around 14 months of real life time and he's nowhere near ready to compete at much higher a level then what he is already at. Even putting him into a mid-tier org i would still get fed to sens exc exc brown fighters. Just a guy with weaker hiddens and can't compete at the next level, or a manager who doesn't have any desire to try to compete at that level

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=153645 -- have put 45 real life weeks into him, so not quite a year and he is pretty much in the same boat, and that's without fighting him really. Imagine how much further behind he would be with 10 fights under his belt, and the weeks of energy I would've lost and not been able to use that time to train. He again is nowhere near ready to move to higher level competition really.

My point is, for some of the guys who have been around a while and most of their roster has "grown up" together, do you think they wanna go through that dead period of trying to overhaul their roster and go through the 2 yrs of real life doldrums that it takes to get their fighters back to an elite level? I personally have the patience for it and don't plan on going anywhere, but I can see why people would want to leave after their roster's time is up. It took a lot of patience to get to that level the first time around. Patience which not everyone has, and could make it really tough to keep the interest of newer players. If things were sped up in how fast you can get to an elite level (not too fast obviously or it wouldn't be as fun to achieve that level) it might help keep new users interested, and it might keep guys who's "time is up" from not wanting to rebuild and get younger.

I think the energy recovery/injury time would also be helpful because there wouldn't be such a need to not fight young because you are so worried about the valuable training time that will be lost when training is at it's peak. I think it would make fighting young more feasible without killing your fighter for the long haul, with injuries and recovery faster it would also make it more of an option to fight MORE which would keep the game faster and more fun. However, if you do speed up learning and the ability to fight, I also think that fighters life shouldn't last as long or chin degradation should come once you get to 30-40 fights or something like would happen in real life after taking so many shots.

• Upvote 1

Turning into MMAArmy

have never played that game but thats all you use to hear is how this game was so much different and it was a pleasant difference that most everyone liked -- i sort of hate always hearing like or cause other games do this -- i think thats what so many liked about this game it wasnt like the others out there or majority of them

have never played that game but thats all you use to hear is how this game was so much different and it was a pleasant difference that most everyone liked -- i sort of hate always hearing like or cause other games do this -- i think thats what so many liked about this game it wasnt like the others out there or majority of them

ya i never played it either so don't know anything about it, i am just trying to find some way to keep new users playing. it seems like we either don't get people to join or the ones who do don't really stick around and with old time managers leaving, pretty soon this game is gonna be left to those of us who are willing to stick it out no matter what -- we will all just be beating up on each other with 1000 players left -- at that point i doubt it would be worth mike's time to continue which is where it seems to be heading

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The thing is the basis for a fast game is already here... The new QFC tournaments.. Allow people to create 2 or 3 fighters with X amount of skill points straight off the bat and fight in tournaments. Your tournament fighter can never enter the "real tycoon" world will be set to no training etc etc..

Maybe have monthly tournaments @ 2100, 2300, 2500 and 2700 skill points that way if you have a decent tournament fighter you can fight him each month in that tournament - Tournaments last a week. If your guy is shit then cut him after the first tournament and create another for the next month..

The age old question of when is a fighter ready to fight??? I don't fully buy into the fact that you miss to much training time from fighting early.... Moe Lester fought from age 18 as a poorly built fighter his first 6-9 months were spent in public gyms before moving into a pretty pimp private gym. Just about to pop to double elite striking - all the secondaries he needs/uses are at sensational or exceptional and his physicals are elite or sensational.

Would fighters be able to do this now?? Maybe... But with a couple of in game years of training you can get some pretty decent strikers trained up that will dominate low/mid tier orgs.. By 23/24 they should be able to hold their own in the uppper orgs and if you get lucky with hiddens then you might have just got yourself a good one..

What is the issue is the older fighters aren't cycling out (there are still to many relics from the "glory training days") I agree with J Bomb 30-32 should be the absolute maximum age of fighters in the game.. 2.5-3 years real life time.... This age could be lowered depending on the injury hidden roll etc etc.. if that was the case where 32 was the absolute best you could hope for then but if you got a shit roll for injuries your fighter could realistically be washed up at 25/26.. if all fighters were on that type of clock then teh incentive to fight would be greater and hopefully the overall skill points of all fighters in the game reduced so as teh need to train for years in none existent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Just as an example

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=142626 -- I have spent 61 weeks training this guy, so somewhere around 14 months of real life time and he's nowhere near ready to compete at much higher a level then what he is already at. Even putting him into a mid-tier org i would still get fed to sens exc exc brown fighters. Just a guy with weaker hiddens and can't compete at the next level, or a manager who doesn't have any desire to try to compete at that level

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=153645 -- have put 45 real life weeks into him, so not quite a year and he is pretty much in the same boat, and that's without fighting him really. Imagine how much further behind he would be with 10 fights under his belt, and the weeks of energy I would've lost and not been able to use that time to train. He again is nowhere near ready to move to higher level competition really.

My point is, for some of the guys who have been around a while and most of their roster has "grown up" together, do you think they wanna go through that dead period of trying to overhaul their roster and go through the 2 yrs of real life doldrums that it takes to get their fighters back to an elite level? I personally have the patience for it and don't plan on going anywhere, but I can see why people would want to leave after their roster's time is up. It took a lot of patience to get to that level the first time around. Patience which not everyone has, and could make it really tough to keep the interest of newer players. If things were sped up in how fast you can get to an elite level (not too fast obviously or it wouldn't be as fun to achieve that level) it might help keep new users interested, and it might keep guys who's "time is up" from not wanting to rebuild and get younger.

I think the energy recovery/injury time would also be helpful because there wouldn't be such a need to not fight young because you are so worried about the valuable training time that will be lost when training is at it's peak. I think it would make fighting young more feasible without killing your fighter for the long haul, with injuries and recovery faster it would also make it more of an option to fight MORE which would keep the game faster and more fun. However, if you do speed up learning and the ability to fight, I also think that fighters life shouldn't last as long or chin degradation should come once you get to 30-40 fights or something like would happen in real life after taking so many shots.

David Gray

Ken Oath

Here are 2 fighters created a slightly after your ones and they are in much better shape... I agree with you in the fact that they aren't quite ready for the big times but they are certainly better than mid teir fighters... Caught in no mans land really....

I have also been one that has recycled my fighters list constantly... That way I have always had fighters at varying stages of their careers.. I have 3 late 20's a couple of mid 20's, a couple at around the 20yo mark and then a few more in the 18-19 age range... This type of managment means I have always got something on the go.. And therefore is a way to get round the inevitable my whole list is old and just about to be done with and there is no way I'm putting that much time into training again.

What were their speeds Stu? Rollins is pretty mediocre i know that but Hart was a 7.2 learner - So even at 1 of the fastest speeds you can get and almost 1 Real life time into him, he still can really only handle a restricted ID org -- I could probably put him in a mid-tier knowing that there are some guys that he probably can't roll with and I think that's kinda going to the point I am making, it will take him at least another 2 yrs game life (or close to 6 months IRL) to get to a level that he could compete with those guys. Which is asking pretty close to 1.5 yrs of real life time to get a guy that can compete at higher levels and that's IF he is 1 of the faster learners in the game. So then what we have is people who do testing, cutting guys who don't get a certain learning speed because they know otherwise it will take them too long to get that fighter to an elite level. So then the game becomes more about what your learning test is then what the fighter can do in the cage, leaving people with some1 who might not have the hiddens to compete while cutting guys who maybe had amazing hiddens.

And i do hear you on the game having the QFC tourney's and all that, but none of those fighters really are built for the long haul. So sure, you can enjoy the game by fighting early and often and if that's all you care about then that would fulfill that for you. Most of the guys that I know that have done those tourney's thought they were pretty much a waste of time though and cut the fighter they entered just to build a new guy with hopes of a long term future.

I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining, believe me i have 9 guys who are 180K id or younger, and 1 that is 170ish. I am here for the long haul no matter what happens, I never get too up or down on any of the changes and eventually find my way on engine changes or training changes. I am not some1 who is too bothered by tickers, they are a pain sometimes but nothing worth leaving the game over IMO. Just throwing ideas out there that can maybe attract and keep new users

Carlton Banks (140822)

and

Mao Zedong (143491)

Shortfuse, built both of these guys around the same time as your first guy and had no problems getting their skills up. I wish I would have checked their hidden before putting all of this time into them but getting them up to par hasn't been the problem.

i also agree that 32 would be a good age for guys to finish at -- maybe having a set age like that would also encourage getting guys fighting sooner instead of all these 23 yr old projects with 0 fights, which i have a couple of myself, none of my younger 180k id guys will pull that though, i don't find it worth sitting out that long and they are all i a restricted ID org from creation (i would even be ok with it being different for guys depending on a hidden type factor)

What were their speeds Stu? Rollins is pretty mediocre i know that but Hart was a 7.2 learner - So even at 1 of the fastest speeds you can get and almost 1 Real life time into him, he still can really only handle a restricted ID org -- I could probably put him in a mid-tier knowing that there are some guys that he probably can't roll with and I think that's kinda going to the point I am making, it will take him at least another 2 yrs game life (or close to 6 months IRL) to get to a level that he could compete with those guys. Which is asking pretty close to 1.5 yrs of real life time to get a guy that can compete at higher levels and that's IF he is 1 of the faster learners in the game. So then what we have is people who do testing, cutting guys who don't get a certain learning speed because they know otherwise it will take them too long to get that fighter to an elite level. So then the game becomes more about what your learning test is then what the fighter can do in the cage, leaving people with some1 who might not have the hiddens to compete while cutting guys who maybe had amazing hiddens.

And i do hear you on the game having the QFC tourney's and all that, but none of those fighters really are built for the long haul. So sure, you can enjoy the game by fighting early and often and if that's all you care about then that would fulfill that for you. Most of the guys that I know that have done those tourney's thought they were pretty much a waste of time though and cut the fighter they entered just to build a new guy with hopes of a long term future.

I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining, believe me i have 9 guys who are 180K id or younger, and 1 that is 170ish. I am here for the long haul no matter what happens, I never get too up or down on any of the changes and eventually find my way on engine changes or training changes. I am not some1 who is too bothered by tickers, they are a pain sometimes but nothing worth leaving the game over IMO. Just throwing ideas out there that can maybe attract and keep new users

They both tested around the 6.6 or 6.8 (they were both created around the inital slow down of training speed along with the shortening of the game year) or something like that certainly weren't above 7.. Oath I know I'm a hiding to none with has had lots of negative chin messgaes and in a weight division where KO Power and chin reigns supreme he will probably cause me more heart ache then joy.. Yeah they will take a bit more time to be able to compete at a highre level but like you I'm happy for that to happen as I have other fighters who are fighting at higher levels... I agee with what you said about learning speeds and I will put my hand up right now and say that I have cut a hell of a lot of guys purely because of shit learning speeds... Did I chop a champion?? who knows but again with a list of fighters that has always been turned over and not sat I'm hoping that somewhere in there I will crack the code of a decent learner with great hiddens in other areas...

With those QFC tournaments I wasn't talking about using the current set up of 18yo etc etc... I was talking about being able to create a fighter straight out of the gate @ 2500 skill points that fights only in tournaments.. Basically a ready made fighter to skip the year or more of work you need to put in to get them there normally.. You could have a seperate rankings system for these fighters as they would never be allowed into the general population but it would give people what they wanted in the fact they could have a more highly skilled fighter that could fight straight away giving instant gratification, hopefully hooking the player and making them want to spend the time creating their own fighters to in the normal game..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Try MMAarmy and you guys will most likely hate it. Now this game keeps speeding up and up and it's going to go too far eventually. I like it the way it is now. And I understand that we need new players but all the changes are making some of the best players leave. Just look at what we've lost. Not the numbers but the players themselves. We're losing many long term important players and there are many more who keep contemplating quitting. Something needs to be done but I think this isn't it at all.

• Upvote 1

Carlton Banks (140822)

and

Mao Zedong (143491)

Shortfuse, built both of these guys around the same time as your first guy and had no problems getting their skills up. I wish I would have checked their hidden before putting all of this time into them but getting them up to par hasn't been the problem.

They don't look too bad Groove but Banks is 23 and a blue belt, which means he isn't ready to compete at an elite level and is probably a few months away from being able to -- He could certainly strike with most anyone it would appear. And i think that is also some of the problem with testing the hiddens -- You didn't really start fighting him regularly until april, it seems there are a lot of people who train for those first 3 yrs. He would be considerably lower I bet if you fought every 3-4 weeks from creation.

And how much does it suck to put that much time training into some1 and not fighting too much just to get into a few super-fights and find out, u know what??? this guy isn't nearly as good as i thought he was....but it seems like a lot of people do that. they train train train to get the max results at a young age, just to find out their guy can't really hang once they step up the level of competition and then most of that training time was a waste. My idea is really just to speed up that process but be able to fight while doing it i guess

Try MMAarmy and you guys will most likely hate it. Now this game keeps speeding up and up and it's going to go too far eventually. I like it the way it is now. And I understand that we need new players but all the changes are making some of the best players leave. Just look at what we've lost. Not the numbers but the players themselves. We're losing many long term important players and there are many more who keep contemplating quitting. Something needs to be done but I think this isn't it at all.

I agree Ryan but if it just went back to the level we knew from the start what harm would that do? it would be the level that guys like Jigoro and Tonal were built at -- and if you were in chat a lot like I am, there are a lot of those older managers who have NO DESIRE to rebuild young at all, they try to use rank to grab FA's and that is a crap shoot and they end up leaving. I mean like i said I am staying either way, I personally have the patience to rebuild and I have always had that patience. I constantly am over-turning my roster, that's also the reason I fight my guys right away now too. I was one of those guys who trained til 23 just to find out my guy had a shit chin when i got out of mid-tier orgs

With those QFC tournaments I wasn't talking about using the current set up of 18yo etc etc... I was talking about being able to create a fighter straight out of the gate @ 2500 skill points that fights only in tournaments.. Basically a ready made fighter to skip the year or more of work you need to put in to get them there normally.. You could have a seperate rankings system for these fighters as they would never be allowed into the general population but it would give people what they wanted in the fact they could have a more highly skilled fighter that could fight straight away giving instant gratification, hopefully hooking the player and making them want to spend the time creating their own fighters to in the normal game..

Do they have this?? Or is this something that maybe is getting implemented? That would be pretty fun actually

• Upvote 1

Also let me clarify Minard I am not asking for crazy super fast speeds -- I wouldn't mind seeing fighters like the ones posted by Stu and Groove to be the norm more or less, with the occasional fighter who is a bit better then that.

Basically what that would get you is a fighter who by 22-23 could be a championship caliber in orgs like TTFC or even groove's org MMM. But those fighters wouldn't quite be ready to step into orgs like Ascension or Blitz NY, NFC until 25-26 age and then fade fighters out around 32 yrs old.

The way it seems now, there is good learning available out there now. Anything above 6 seems to be pretty decent, but unless you are really lucky like I know some people seem to be, it may take cutting 4-5 guys to get 1 of those 6.6-6.8 learners like Stu posted. I would like to see 6.0 be the normal speed when creating a guy, with the high end maybe being 8.5 -- I don't even think we would need to go as high as popping a whole level like the old days. I just don't think you should have to choose learning speed or cut 5-6 guys to get some1 who is reasonable to work with

k...whoever said mmarmy, chill out. i wasn't talkin' sped up like that. in fact, nothing i mentioned involved speeding up the game, just speed up the pace of the game. fighters age like normal, same amount of weeks = 1 year...all that. are people (except for stu) having that hard of a time wrapping their brains around a quicker but shorter life cycle?

i like the energy recovery idea (about being shortened) cuz it does suck when u have 6 or 7 fights on one weekend, most go deep into the fight and suddenly over half ur roster is resting for a week.

i feel ya chico, the changes are ruff for everyone once we all start getting a rhythm...thus throwing us all out of rhythm at once and whoever is cleaning house, loves it and whoever isn't, gets pissed and quits...or just genuinely loses interest. i think that's bound to happen no matter what, becuz there will always be someone losing and not liking it to the point that they cry out for change...and anything can be justified when presented properly.

i still think the more u can get people to log in, the more interested they remain. it's gotta be the training, even tho some people have it down to a science and will most likely get bored with it no matter what is being done lol.

did anyone notice (in forum) how right about the time tickers and slower training came in, suddenly the forum trolling went thru the roof? people talked less and less about fighters other than their own or other than maybe tonal, glory (in his reign) and maybe bubba? in the beginning of the game, we talked about fights and fighters like crazy...did everyone just get bored with it? did people really stop coming to the forums becuz all the ridiculousness? i've always wondered what happened to it all. i can't even really pinpoint when i stopped caring. combo of changes + lack of constructive posters + training boredom + real life shit i guess? i don't kno...i'm rambling. sorry.

• Upvote 1

Do they have this?? Or is this something that maybe is getting implemented? That would be pretty fun actually

They don't have it and I'm not sure if Mike is thinking of implementing.. I do think it would be a great way to give new players and for that matter old players something new and fun that wouldn't have any bearing on the original "game dynamics.

Also let me clarify Minard I am not asking for crazy super fast speeds -- I wouldn't mind seeing fighters like the ones posted by Stu and Groove to be the norm more or less, with the occasional fighter who is a bit better then that.

Basically what that would get you is a fighter who by 22-23 could be a championship caliber in orgs like TTFC or even groove's org MMM. But those fighters wouldn't quite be ready to step into orgs like Ascension or Blitz NY, NFC until 25-26 age and then fade fighters out around 32 yrs old.

The way it seems now, there is good learning available out there now. Anything above 6 seems to be pretty decent, but unless you are really lucky like I know some people seem to be, it may take cutting 4-5 guys to get 1 of those 6.6-6.8 learners like Stu posted. I would like to see 6.0 be the normal speed when creating a guy, with the high end maybe being 8.5 -- I don't even think we would need to go as high as popping a whole level like the old days. I just don't think you should have to choose learning speed or cut 5-6 guys to get some1 who is reasonable to work with

I think people have said the max is about 7.5 at the moment.. I don't ever select fast learner to help boost the learning speed of my guys... It did seem when I was trying to get a decent learner out of my last bunch of guys that the normal speed was somewhere around 5.5 (and cutting 4-5 guys is most definitely the norm to try and get a good one speedwise), a speed like this wouldn't be so bad if the max speed of all fighters in the game was around the 7.5 mark.. however we all know that most of the top dogs where created in the days of full pops in a training session.. Get rid of those top dogs through the age based retierment and you bring the overall skill level down of all fighters and you get a fighter base that will be pretty much even in learning speeds and there won't be this feeling that you need to spend 3 in game years training a fighter before he is ready (added to the fact the injury hidden dictating retirement and people might actually want to fight a lot earlier rather than not)

Half the problem i feel is if you don't know any better then you don't have an issue but when you have been brought up with pimp training like it was a lot of people would have been it's dishearten in starting again because of slow down.

Maybe we could have the age where fighters fall off be around the 34-35 mark like it is in real life but drop the number of weeks in a yr down to 10, so that fighters reach that max a little faster?

Hell no! I agree with Mentor on this point completely. 1 week IRL = 1 Month in game is a perfect rate. It makes it easy to track how long you have been working on a project and other fun stuff. Speeding the game up makes things a pein in the ass. It also means that those of us that do not have access to the premium private gyms will just be left even further behind then the rest of the pack that have been around for awhile. I have been in tis game for almost a year now, but many of the guys in here would still consider that a newbie. I have a fighter that will probably hit an elite skill (the first of any of my fighters) and even though that makes me happy to see how close to hitting Elite in anything is, it is also frustrating because I know that it probably won't matter because the guys I am fighting are all getting premium training and I just won't be able to compete. Speeding up the game to 10 weeks per game year will just widen that gulf.

as for fighter entering and leaving quicker, i think this will happen when chin decay and injuries become more important, which its in the process of being done, looked at -- this will end up making fighter retire at different times rates and sooner than well he is just getting old, like it is now -- im not against training being back to where it use to be in the start of the game as long as other stuff is done to counter act it -- which the new ticker system will do im sure

This is the sort of solution that will weed out the Gods at the top of the pack and allow for the new crop to advance. I don't think that training speeds need to be increased either (I once thought that, but now I understand that the reason things seem so slow is that I had some bad training habits and I still lack access to the best quality gyms).

Turning into MMAArmy

I certainly hope not. That game was just stupid fast and not fun. If I want to play at that pace I will drink 4 monsters and shot cocaine into my penis while playing The UFC game on X-Box.

The pacing in that game was annoying, not only that there was even more can crushers there then here. Plus I HATED their fight reports. It was a multicolored wall of text. There were no rounds and it was a pain in the ass to read.

The thing is the basis for a fast game is already here... The new QFC tournaments.. Allow people to create 2 or 3 fighters with X amount of skill points straight off the bat and fight in tournaments. Your tournament fighter can never enter the "real tycoon" world will be set to no training etc etc..

Maybe have monthly tournaments @ 2100, 2300, 2500 and 2700 skill points that way if you have a decent tournament fighter you can fight him each month in that tournament - Tournaments last a week. If your guy is shit then cut him after the first tournament and create another for the next month..

The age old question of when is a fighter ready to fight??? I don't fully buy into the fact that you miss to much training time from fighting early.... Moe Lester fought from age 18 as a poorly built fighter his first 6-9 months were spent in public gyms before moving into a pretty pimp private gym. Just about to pop to double elite striking - all the secondaries he needs/uses are at sensational or exceptional and his physicals are elite or sensational.

Would fighters be able to do this now?? Maybe... But with a couple of in game years of training you can get some pretty decent strikers trained up that will dominate low/mid tier orgs.. By 23/24 they should be able to hold their own in the uppper orgs and if you get lucky with hiddens then you might have just got yourself a good one..

What is the issue is the older fighters aren't cycling out (there are still to many relics from the "glory training days") I agree with J Bomb 30-32 should be the absolute maximum age of fighters in the game.. 2.5-3 years real life time.... This age could be lowered depending on the injury hidden roll etc etc.. if that was the case where 32 was the absolute best you could hope for then but if you got a shit roll for injuries your fighter could realistically be washed up at 25/26.. if all fighters were on that type of clock then teh incentive to fight would be greater and hopefully the overall skill points of all fighters in the game reduced so as teh need to train for years in none existent.

Chris Carter found and posted an article about the effective life span of a fighter. It was the finding of that study that fighters have an average of 9 years in the sport. After that they have a significant decline and eventually retire. 9 real life years at the current (and hopefully permanent) speed of the game means that a fighter has approximately 108 weeks total. There should be some variation in there I suppose, but the end result is that after approximately 2 real life years the fighter is nearing the end of his career.

There is the possibility that he can limp along for perhaps another 6 months (real time) more which give a maximum of around two more game years. That is up to around an 11 year career and still gets fighters rotating out at around the 2-2.5 year mark. Real time.

This would mean that if you wanted to fight for 9+ years you would have to consider fighting earlier in the fighters career. People may or may not actually do that but it still means that if you start your career with a 25 year old that he isn't washed up in 7 years for sure. A hard cap or more to the point an age set in stone is a bit too ridged. I think the 9 year thing is a more workable method. It is up for debate whether the clock starts ticking after the first fight or as soon as you hit a certain benchmark. I would like to see the clock start running at say 1000 skill points or maybe 1500 for those that really like to train the shit out of a project before beginning his career.

• Upvote 1