Dont speed up the clock!

Mentor

myself i sort of like the changes here and there -- especially when it comes to fight engine and sliders -- making you learn new ways or settings keeps it somewhat interesting -- once so many get a strong hold on certain sliders settings it becomes where there is a certain setting -- which i pretty much believe that is the way it is and always will be because in the end we are playing a number game -- certain tweaks or changes here and there keep the number and settings changing where one certain setting doesnt always mean a win more better % of winning -- many times i have feel on my face and fallin faster than charlie sheen on drugs after some changes but then i start getting a grasp and climbing back up -- changes are needed here and there

JBomb & I have talked about this before, and there's positives and negatives to it. Even though I personally believe that the game would be better off sped up, with fighters training speed sped up, I think that 1 week IRL equals 1 in game month is a very simple program to follow. Very easy, very simple. I just think there needs to be something done to training speed, and maybe implement a random retirement age (like MMArmy - which will make others want to fight more often). If not increase it, reconstruct the way the secondaries are worded so it's at least easier to keep track of progress without monitering +'s and -'s - which fucking sucks. Monitering +'s and -'s, and decimals... I'd rather do homework at school and I haven't done homework since 6th grade.

Also as for the forum buzz, I think it was polluted with retardation and morons in a lot of aspects, thus driving many people away, or into their own private alliance forums. Amongst Convicted's alliance chat, we acknowledge plenty of each other's fighters and up & comers, but the forums are just dull, and full of people I generally disagree with and don't get along with, thus the majority of shit I have to say is in troll form, or to taunt everyone else on how much better we (Convicted Inc) are than everybody else :dancing: I think if more people went fighter interview style, write up style, it'd generate the buzz - to some degree - that it use to have. Nowadays you get "loser quits the game FOR GOOD" post, which often turn into the equivalent of a very, god awful soap operah drama fest, when back then you got "fighter A calls out fighter B" but done in a very clever, "The Mexican Samurai" style... or you get the "I'm quitting the game! if I don't get enough attention to stay I might actually quit - or just create a new account" threads.. which equally suck. We weren't getting those back then.

There was a lot more forum trash talk back then, then there is now... and it' prolly cuz most of the people have "been there, done that".

[edit]

Comparing a random retirement rate to MMArmy, with MMATycoon time frame, isn't even fair. MMArmy, your fighter can retire in a month. In MMATycoon, even with a random retirement rate, it's gonna be 1.5-3 maybe even 4 IRL years before that comes into effect. So I never understood why so many people cried a river over it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like what J-bomb said and have been thinking it would be pretty cool for a while. If fighters trained faster but the turnover rate on fighters was much quicker. Say you can train the shit out of a fighter for 2 real years, or until he's 26. Year's 26-27 are spent maintaining skills with training and by year 30 he's on the fast track to the Bahamas. That gives 3 real years max that a fighter can be held on to and means when 1 crop of guys hit 26 it's time to develop some new guys.

Just more turnover at all levels would be nice. Know that if you make a fighter today he can be championship caliber in a little over a year. Right now, with the way tickers can be handled with strikers... I don't see guys slowing down for a while.

• Upvote 1

I made an Excel file that helps track the progress of your fighters training. I just don't know how to post it in a way that I can distribute it. You have to have the Grease Monkey scripts for Firefox to use it. And really all it does is put it all in an easier to read format than the script output is in.

Anyone who is interested in it can PM me in game and send their e-mail address so I can forward the file to them with instructions on it's use (I didn't document it at all because it was for my personal use). For a small donation I will send it out anyone who requests it. :P

I'm joking about the donation of course, but I am serious about making the file available for all who want it.

It's not that I WANT or NEED anything Minard, out of my 11 or so guys 170k ID or younger I have exactly 2 that didn't reach 6.0 and kept them because of granite chins. For me this is all hypothetical discussion on what may or may NOT help the game -- I do believe there is a trend right now to turn over 4-5 fighters before finally grabbing what most consider an acceptable enough learner to move forward with. How many potentially great fighters have been lost to learning tests because 5.1 learning is pretty damn dreadful? I also think it creates a trend where ppl train to 21-22 before taking too many fights just to find out my good chin QFC test turned into a bleeder and more or less a dud, or the dreaded 0 morale. I have also talked to many managers in chat who have rosters a bit long in the tooth who find building young out of the ? due to a lack of desire of another 2yr investment to get fighters back to an elite level. Would speeding things up a bit encourage a roster overhaul and making another run?

Would it keep newer managers more interested by becoming relevant a bit sooner? I don't know, I do think weeding old fighters out would help but does it help if those fighters have managers not willing to overhaul and make another push

I don't know how everyone else does it, but I'm constantly trimming the fat on my roster and making new projects. I do a few at a time so that I have lots of active fighters but never let my roster get to a point where I have 9 30 year olds and know I'm gonna be fucked soon. Throw in the occasional project FA pickup when I had a great rank and I have a nice mix between 18-27 with a few geezers.

JBomb & I have talked about this before, and there's positives and negatives to it. Even though I personally believe that the game would be better off sped up, with fighters training speed sped up, I think that 1 week IRL equals 1 in game month is a very simple program to follow. Very easy, very simple. I just think there needs to be something done to training speed, and maybe implement a random retirement age (like MMArmy - which will make others want to fight more often). If not increase it, reconstruct the way the secondaries are worded so it's at least easier to keep track of progress without monitering +'s and -'s - which fucking sucks. Monitering +'s and -'s, and decimals... I'd rather do homework at school and I haven't done homework since 6th grade.

Also as for the forum buzz, I think it was polluted with retardation and morons in a lot of aspects, thus driving many people away, or into their own private alliance forums. Amongst Convicted's alliance chat, we acknowledge plenty of each other's fighters and up & comers, but the forums are just dull, and full of people I generally disagree with and don't get along with, thus the majority of shit I have to say is in troll form, or to taunt everyone else on how much better we (Convicted Inc) are than everybody else :dancing: I think if more people went fighter interview style, write up style, it'd generate the buzz - to some degree - that it use to have. Nowadays you get "loser quits the game FOR GOOD" post, which often turn into the equivalent of a very, god awful soap operah drama fest, when back then you got "fighter A calls out fighter B" but done in a very clever, "The Mexican Samurai" style... or you get the "I'm quitting the game! if I don't get enough attention to stay I might actually quit - or just create a new account" threads.. which equally suck. We weren't getting those back then.

There was a lot more forum trash talk back then, then there is now... and it' prolly cuz most of the people have "been there, done that".

[edit]

Comparing a random retirement rate to MMArmy, with MMATycoon time frame, isn't even fair. MMArmy, your fighter can retire in a month. In MMATycoon, even with a random retirement rate, it's gonna be 1.5-3 maybe even 4 IRL years before that comes into effect. So I never understood why so many people cried a river over it.

I don't know how everyone else does it, but I'm constantly trimming the fat on my roster and making new projects. I do a few at a time so that I have lots of active fighters but never let my roster get to a point where I have 9 30 year olds and know I'm gonna be fucked soon. Throw in the occasional project FA pickup when I had a great rank and I have a nice mix between 18-27 with a few geezers.

I haven't begun to rotate most of my fighters yet, because most are still at least somewhat viable. But I didn't make a whole slew of fighters all at once so I have two FA pick ups and the rest of my fighters range out across the board from 152K (when I first started) to a 170K fighter. Some of my older ones will be retired and made into cornermen or whatever when Mike implements that. Supposedly that is coming soon.

i think a lot of it is shit always seems to go personal CK, instead of keeping it about role playing / fighter rivalries / gonna kick your fighters ass / slider skills, it turns into you're a can crusher, cheat, multi or in my dealings with you it was i'm gay and ride the short bus, i genuinely avoided the forums for 4 months over that mess. In the EPL season 3 thread there has been lots of trash talk/role playing and it's been great fun

I still enjoy the game a lot and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon but to be honest I think I had a lot more fun fighting my way up the ranks, especially the fights and the planning that went into it.

I enjoyed having say a Competent/Abysmal/Respectable/White going up against a Abysmal/Mediocre/Strong/Purple and then having a few weeks to work on a game plan, train my skills accordingly and then hopefully excecute the game plan correctly.

At the top end and even upper mid tier this kind of disappears, you have your skills with a couple of key strengths but no major weaknesses. Once the fight is then booked there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of gameplanning other than your sliders. Tickers take over what you train for the most part and even if you do have the luxury still of picking and choosing your training a little more you might get from say Takedown Defence-- to Takedown Defence- which probably won't make a hell of a lot of difference.

I kind of miss this part of the game, I wish there was a way of making the training you choose in the weeks leading up to the fight a little more relevant.

I think the root of most problems come from there being so many similiar fighters, there are probably 20+ orgs with rosters full of minimum Sensational/Sensational/Exceptional/Brown, when you need to get to that level before you're even relevant, it's no wonder people are not prepared to put in all that training time again when that's the sort of level you need as an absolute minimum to compete in a decent org these days.

I don't really know what the answers are to some of the issues brought up here, there definitely does seem to be a declining amount of players but I do always wonder when we had 10k plus how many of them were multis and players who no longer signed in. A large part of me thinks the best thing would almost be to do a whole reset or a 2nd server or something but I'm sure there are better solutions than that.

As for the forum buzz I think a lot of it stems from the same kind of thing. I wasn't here from the start but kind of caught the tail end of some of the early fighters peaking but I'd imagine there were a lot of early threads about the first brown belts, the first black belts, the firsty guy to get an elite primary, a guy that's double sensational, the first quad wonderful guy etc etc etc. You'd get people bigging up a 5 winning streak, 7 wins, 10 wins, 15 and so on. New innovative ideas would come in sparking interest such as clothing designs, fighter skins, tournaments, the first nutrition stores to sell 155, 156, 157 so on and so on.

Basically my point is that so many things have already been done, it's hard to talk up a lot of things now these days because in comparison they are not particularly impressive.

Again not really sure what the solutions are, a reset would definitely be drastic but I would have loved to have been involved from the start and seeing all of the 'firsts' happen, I'm sure nobody back then was worried about how many sessions it takes to get to a certain skill and all that because nobody was ahead of you or at least only had a few weeks or months on you.

I still enjoy the game a lot and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon but to be honest I think I had a lot more fun fighting my way up the ranks, especially the fights and the planning that went into it.

I enjoyed having say a Competent/Abysmal/Respectable/White going up against a Abysmal/Mediocre/Strong/Purple and then having a few weeks to work on a game plan, train my skills accordingly and then hopefully excecute the game plan correctly.

At the top end and even upper mid tier this kind of disappears, you have your skills with a couple of key strengths but no major weaknesses. Once the fight is then booked there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of gameplanning other than your sliders. Tickers take over what you train for the most part and even if you do have the luxury still of picking and choosing your training a little more you might get from say Takedown Defence-- to Takedown Defence- which probably won't make a hell of a lot of difference.

I kind of miss this part of the game, I wish there was a way of making the training you choose in the weeks leading up to the fight a little more relevant.

I think the root of most problems come from there being so many similiar fighters, there are probably 20+ orgs with rosters full of minimum Sensational/Sensational/Exceptional/Brown, when you need to get to that level before you're even relevant, it's no wonder people are not prepared to put in all that training time again when that's the sort of level you need as an absolute minimum to compete in a decent org these days.

I don't really know what the answers are to some of the issues brought up here, there definitely does seem to be a declining amount of players but I do always wonder when we had 10k plus how many of them were multis and players who no longer signed in. A large part of me thinks the best thing would almost be to do a whole reset or a 2nd server or something but I'm sure there are better solutions than that.

As for the forum buzz I think a lot of it stems from the same kind of thing. I wasn't here from the start but kind of caught the tail end of some of the early fighters peaking but I'd imagine there were a lot of early threads about the first brown belts, the first black belts, the firsty guy to get an elite primary, a guy that's double sensational, the first quad wonderful guy etc etc etc. You'd get people bigging up a 5 winning streak, 7 wins, 10 wins, 15 and so on. New innovative ideas would come in sparking interest such as clothing designs, fighter skins, tournaments, the first nutrition stores to sell 155, 156, 157 so on and so on.

Basically my point is that so many things have already been done, it's hard to talk up a lot of things now these days because in comparison they are not particularly impressive.

Again not really sure what the solutions are, a reset would definitely be drastic but I would have loved to have been involved from the start and seeing all of the 'firsts' happen, I'm sure nobody back then was worried about how many sessions it takes to get to a certain skill and all that because nobody was ahead of you or at least only had a few weeks or months on you.

over a long enuff timeline, without any degradation, all fighters will eventually LOOK the same. we only see 4 primaries, they can only vary so much. this is why there needs to be rotation. sorry, but a guy that is sensational in wrestling that doesn't attempt any takedowns is not a wrestler (imo) so the sens wrestling is purely cosmetic (and defensive). that's not the same as a sens wrestler that actually uses takedowns. they LOOK the same, but they're not.

the beginning is always good cuz it's all so new. once that wears off, what really keeps u here? that's what everyone needs to ask themselves and hopefully they are receiving that. some days i do and others i don't.

so other fighters aren't impressive enuff? the talk wasn't solely mysteries, questions, firsts and bragging. it was people discussing in game fighters like they do real life fighters. go into chat on a fight night and watch that talk...then imagine that in forum. not everyone participated mind u, but a good chunk did. talks about gonzo, sol, kane, sen. it was great. folks just don't do that anymore...even with tonal. hate to say it but jacky kinda blew it up.

no one...and i mean NO ONE can jack a thread like jacky chan. no one. it doesn't even matter what he says and that thread is fukt. that ain't on him...it's on all of us. we used to log in to chek pops and it morphed into logging in to see if jacky said anything...cuz we sure as hell weren't getting any pops. in turn, a few managers get sick of the non-community and bail, some get sick of watching a stagnant TA and bail.

it seems like the tickers came in and a good chunk of guys clutched harder to their old badasses, making the tickers more of a pain in the ass than needed, making it more difficult to deal with the game. but had they made new blood, the shit was so slow, they wouldn't see pops like they used to and that is going backwards and going backwards (at least to americans lol) fukn sucks. in a sense, they killed themselves.

i don't think there was ever a true 10k that played. but i've said it before: i don't care if it's like 50 managers plus me and all 50 of those guys have 14 accounts...i'm still playin. that's how hooked i was.

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to quote Dirk's last post because it is really long, but I am of a similar mind about the way fights are at the lower levels. There is far greater diversity in fighter builds in the lower to mid tier orgs. I think that brings the old days of the UFC feeling to the game. Even now you see matches where someone is "a wrestler" and another is a striker. It is an interesting chess match.

This is a leading contributor to why I only fight in ID restricted orgs for the most part. But letely that is getting shot to shit too. People who really should not be fighting in an ID restricted org are taking their private gym trained sharks and turning them loose in the kiddie pool. Gets frustrating.

over a long enuff timeline, without any degradation, all fighters will eventually LOOK the same. we only see 4 primaries, they can only vary so much. this is why there needs to be rotation. sorry, but a guy that is sensational in wrestling that doesn't attempt any takedowns is not a wrestler (imo) so the sens wrestling is purely cosmetic (and defensive). that's not the same as a sens wrestler that actually uses takedowns. they LOOK the same, but they're not.

We do see 4 primaries and yes they are all basically the same on every fighter at the top end.. We don't see physicals but any fighter worth his salt at the top levels is sensational and above in all physicals and we don't see secondaries but you can bet your bottom dollar that at the top end you will have everyone with - sen/elite punch, kick, strike d, clinch, takedown def and Def grap.

That alone only leaves 5 out of 11 secondaries as points of difference and realistically 5 out of 21 trainable skills as a point of difference in fighters... That in itself is not enough

The problem I have or see and this is just opinion and personal experience is.

When I create a fighter I want him to be sens/sens/exc/brown. How long is this going to take? A bloody long time. Will I ever get there probably not.

I've gone through countless amount of days of vip cutting fighters who just don't cut it. They are slow learners, have no chin, no heart, no power so I'm bored of trying to get a decent platform to build on. And can't afford to keep cutting financially.

Than there's I was around when you could train up cardio and strength real quick. When you could spar everyday with a spar bot 1 v 1,

Than boom, it gets changed.

I'm stuck in the envious days of those.

Another thing. If you fight a guy in a low level org and get some decent hype, he may not be great but there are sharks in this game who will hunt you down so they can beat you and take your hype. Who are much better than your guy. Which you can decline, but if your a champ you can't as its frowned on, now this doesn't happen in all orgs and is a small minority but it happens.

Another thing is, all through the forums we only rightly so talk about the top fighters, we don't mention guys who are up and comers, guys who are champs at lower orgs.

Its a dick measuring contest.

I don't know about others but I've always wanted a guy who gets talked about, one of my aims from day one was to fight in Syn, that won't happen with any of my fighters.

I won't get a top 10 weight class fighter.

That's why people complain,because people who had the good life before, won't be caught up by the new breed so people leave, get bored or cheat.

I know its negative but its how I feel.

Anyone feel like this?

Are there 40 yo fighters out there now? I think I've retired every 30+ Guy I have to spar whoring. Just doesn't seem like we have to worry about many 40+ 'ers right now. I mean maybe a stubborn manager will push his fighters to continue fighting but. I don't see 38-40 yo's dominating the rankings. I like the pace of the game as is, but honestly I just wish we could get to a point where there are no more major changes. However we need to get to that. Tired of logging onto changes, making the appropriate adjustments to get my fighters/sliders/etc. Inline with the changes, only for sumthing else to change before I can even reap the benefits of trying to comply with the last update. It succs taking losses becuz you log on one day and suddenly shit is just different. Or creating a fighter during a slow training time, then a couple months down the road after you've struggled through the SLOW low end and just barely got to an average skill level where you benefit frum the supposedly sped up top end, surprise surprise, training is sped up on the low end again and tapered a bit on the top lol. Awesum.

Yes, yes, yes.

We do see 4 primaries and yes they are all basically the same on every fighter at the top end.. We don't see physicals but any fighter worth his salt at the top levels is sensational and above in all physicals and we don't see secondaries but you can bet your bottom dollar that at the top end you will have everyone with - sen/elite punch, kick, strike d, clinch, takedown def and Def grap.

That alone only leaves 5 out of 11 secondaries as points of difference and realistically 5 out of 21 trainable skills as a point of difference in fighters... That in itself is not enough

Your point is well noted, but as the fight engine became balanced, this exact thing has changed and is changing more all the time. I'm not going to give away my build/training gameplan, but it's not what you wrote. It was, but it's not the case anymore. :)

1343213331[/url]' post='381758']

Your point is well noted, but as the fight engine became balanced, this exact thing has changed and is changing more all the time. I'm not going to give away my build/training gameplan, but it's not what you wrote. It was, but it's not the case anymore. :)

Your training blueprint isn't some big unknown secret that I can assure you of that.. Again you still only tweaking what is the norm ;)

My exit from the game is based around everyone having the same set of skills. There are small differences, but in the end it's too much RNG now days and not enough to do w/ sliders. I feel I am pretty terrible at sliders, but I have been somehow hovering around 100 manager rank...I think mostly in part to having good hidden luck and good RNG in fights. I miss the days where there were wild differences in skills like in the lower-mid tier orgs, but I don't care to mess w/ those since the org owners can be shady and theres no "drive" for me to care about a fight still. I REALLY REALLY like the LOL tournament, except the weekly fights w/ injuries killed it; but the low skill nature of it was awesome and made me care about the fights(initially). a lot of it for me is forum smack talk or some kind of build to make me care about the W's and L's on my virtual numbers fighter. That build and anticipation is gone. I went on a drive to try and reignite some interest via Bubba/Puno retirement, or the spotted cow projects, etc; but they all fell flat. People just dont give a shit.

I have no ill will towards tickers and more or less welcomed them since I thought it would force fighters to degrade(even though it would still suck to watch your own degrade, it was best for the game long term). That doesnt appear to have happened and just made people sit in project mode until they hit sens/sens/exp/brown even longer.

What changes can be made? I dont know and as a person exiting I think it would be off place for me to make any suggestions since others are obviously still involved and liking the game regardless of the mass exodus of older players.

And in regards to fighters not looking all the same, I post all my fighters skill sets since I have 0 faith in skills degrading in a major way, any major game engine changes, or reignition in the community that would make me want to play again:

http://i46.tinypic.com/iod6c3.jpg

They almost all look the same in varying degrees and the only difference I see is what hiddens they rolled. I log in a lot to lurk the forums, but only 5-10 mins to "ticker bop" in the morning/evening since I dont know what the hell I could even train anymore since they're all high end. The sens/elite gap isnt worth the time, and anything less than sens is a death sentence usually now days w/o some crazy hiddens.

Guywaun just depopped to Sens++ wrestling due to lack of care in the game, but I learned from him that theres no point in building a ground game. I was working on building him into a standup fighter since theres at least good chances he'd be able to do -something- instead of going 1 for 10 vs remarkable wrestlers.

Guywaun just depopped to Sens++ wrestling due to lack of care in the game, but I learned from him that theres no point in building a ground game. I was working on building him into a standup fighter since theres at least good chances he'd be able to do -something- instead of going 1 for 10 vs remarkable wrestlers.

Sliders... or your fighter might not be good enough.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=94944

Very successful ground fighter.

But just like all games, when people get to the top level, they are generally well-balanced and have similar statistics as their opponent. Compare UFC fighters at the top of their divisions and they'd be the same way. It's easier to rate them, this or that, because they're IRL and this is a game we can just slap a number/name on their skill and argue it, but in reality, compared to this game, the Rich Franklin's, Jon Jones', Lyoto Machida's, Shogun's, Anderson Silva's, reflect the skill set of (some of) our fighters.

This doesn't apply to all people - but people complain too much. When jacky was #1 I don't recall him complaining. He starts losing, or a fighter that was a can finally loses, and suddenly everything is broken. A lot of managers were perfectly content coasting on the 100% counter cookie-cutter slider setting and everything was fine and dandy, now that's been nerfed and they're losing fights, they're finding things to complain about.

You can have a PERFECT game, and people will still complain about something.

I don't understand the big deal about tickers? I mean, for the guy who logs in once a week, once every two weeks, I can understand how that might impact him. But those aren't the people complaining about them. It's the managers who log in every single day of the week, and they were logging in every single day of the week before the tickers --- so what the fuck is the big deal?

"I can't train my punches non stop, every day, to elite! OMFG! I Quit! stupid tickers ruin everything!"

They're not hard to manage and if you have some of the slightest common sense or put forth minimal effort (5 mins) you can set up a weekly schedule (for 15-20 fighters) and you don't need to change anything. Sure you might get a depop here or there with a fighter, but 1-2 training sessions immedietly after and they should pop right back up there. Most of you fuckers micro-manage decimals, +'s and -'s anyway, it's a whopping point or two difference from a de-pop and pop. The # example in this next statement could be inaccurate, but your punches went from 9.1 to 8.99... cry a river bout it.

Not to start accussations or conspiracies, but it's the truth and I think a lot of people don't like tickers because they have more than one account and too many fighters to manage. There's absolutely no reason what so ever, if you only have 10-20 fighters, and you're online for at least an hour, every single day (before and after tickers) that they should be an issue. Granted, some people just don't like the tedious work of it, I don't like changing my fighters clothes/supplements but I do so anyway, once a week, it takes about 20 seconds. I know there's plenty of people being vocal about their disapproval of the tickers that are prolly just a little over their head when it comes to the amount of fighters they have to micromanage ;)

Gone are the days when you fuckers can create a multiple account and set his training and sit back and relax while a potentially beastly project emerges. Yes, you can still do this and people will still do this, but now it requires a lot of work and effort, and you have to worry about tickers, and you can't just set training to punches... elite punches in weeks. Set training to kicks.. elite kicks in weeks... and in two months you have a quad senstional/elite beast that you didn't have to moniter every day.

Personally I enjoy the end of cookie-cutter slider settings, and the end of the cookie-cutter training settings. With 1 week IRL equalling 1 in game month, you should absolutely positively have to train to maintain every secondary and primary. You think Jon Jones stops throwing elbows for a month (or even for a week for that matter)? You think Dan Henderson doesn't throw any kicks or checks any kicks at practice? Do you think Rousimar Palhares stops training Jiu-Jitsu because he's an elite submission specialist already?

I just never understood people's beef with the tickers.

Another thing, I think tickers if anything, encourage you to get out there and fight (to at least reset them), and not be a training whore. Which is a good thing for orgs. Nothing worse than getting the "my fighter needs 2 IRL months to train" after coming off a loss, or just because they don't want to take a fight vs a certain fighter. I can't count how many times somebody picked up a guy from FA at Syn, and wanted months at a time to train. Or declined a fight because they wanted more training time. Fighting should be king in this game, not training, and I think tickers helped reverse the tides from training to fighting.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The only thing I see is that a successful wrestler and ground fighter only hits 31% takedowns. I think that is crazy. Top fighters right now IRL are hitting in the mid 70% range. Takedowns success needs a boost. An elite wrestler should be able to takedown a strong or superb wrestler at will. They shouldn't have to throw 15 strikes to set up their takedown. They should be able to throw 5 or 6 strikes to set up their takedown. The only way to be a good wrestler in this game is to be an even better striker first. That just isn't the way I think it should be.

But I'm one person. If others don't agree with me and prefer the ground game how it is, I'm fine to adapt and try to figure it out. I'll still play regardless, that's just how I feel.

Sliders... or your fighter might not be good enough.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=94944

Very successful ground fighter.

But just like all games, when people get to the top level, they are generally well-balanced and have similar statistics as their opponent. Compare UFC fighters at the top of their divisions and they'd be the same way. It's easier to rate them, this or that, because they're IRL and this is a game we can just slap a number/name on their skill and argue it, but in reality, compared to this game, the Rich Franklin's, Jon Jones', Lyoto Machida's, Shogun's, Anderson Silva's, reflect the skill set of (some of) our fighters.

This doesn't apply to all people - but people complain too much. When jacky was #1 I don't recall him complaining. He starts losing, or a fighter that was a can finally loses, and suddenly everything is broken. A lot of managers were perfectly content coasting on the 100% counter cookie-cutter slider setting and everything was fine and dandy, now that's been nerfed and they're losing fights, they're finding things to complain about.

I really liked the ground game, but as it's progressed I've noticed(and seems a lot of other people also) that its too fucking inconsistent getting someone to the ground and keeping them there. It's been better about keeping them there, but still seems absurd about actually getting someone to the ground when you take into the skills you need to not get KTFO in the first place. It's way easier to make/maintain/win with a standup fighter, thus is the reason why everyone looks the exact same now days. And why the game is becoming so stale.

It's way easier to make/maintain/win with a standup fighter, thus is the reason why everyone looks the exact same now days.

I think maintaining is the worst part. Everyone has heard and seen people post the horror story of maintenece on a ground fighter and it's keeping many from even wanting to try. On top of that, you have to have everything just to be a 30-40% success takedown wrestler. And that's only without spamming. Spamming take away ridiculous energy and you can't be a top level successful takedown spammer which is one part of takedowns I do agree with. But the sliders for a ground fighter are much more complicated so winning is much harder. Basically I'm agreeing with Duxwig that I think the gap between a successful stand up fighter and ground fighter are too far apart. You need more skills, more maintenance, a lot more knowledge of sliders and your hiddens are FAR more important on a ground fighter. You can get away with a half retarded striker, but if he goes for a takedown it's game over. You have to win the hidden lottery to have a great ground fighter.

I think the hidden criteria for a ground fighter differs from the hidden criteria of a stand up fighter. While I agree that the takedowns/ground game needs a bit tweaking, I think most of the problem lies in the 100% control/100% counter ground bottom scheme (for example if you're on 100% control/100% counter and the opponent is hitting you continously with GNP the ref should step in for your fighter not being active on the ground and trying to defend himself), and that you can make an arguement on both sides of the spectrum. You can point out how your elite takedowns fighter was 1/10 for takedowns, I can point out how my elite punches guy missed 20+ punches I thought he should of landed. There's a lot of things that factor into it. Some guys IRL just can't be taken down. Dispite their huge wrestling disadvantage, they stop takedowns and just never end up on their back for very long.

I think if you make takedowns more effective, you should make the ability to stand up from the bottom a little bit more easier too (nothing drastic). Cuz right now 90% of the population rely on the ref to force the stand up.