UFC on FOX: Shogun vs Vera Pick 'Em

bro i could care less what idiots think and i have better things to do then worry about what some lames on a forum think.

Well you keep thinking happy thoughts and saying "There is no place like Shoguns underwear, There is no place like Shoguns underwear". Its always strange to me to see people infatuated with someone and refuse reality. Its like telling someone there isnt a Santa Claus when you bring up anything bad abotu their fighter. You can cry "its not true, its not true" and run off like the waterboy. But it doesnt change reality. You claim you dont care what "Lames" on the forum think but you do care. You just quotes Dueces7 and made a smart ass comment because you didnt like his comments on this forum about Shogun. Actually you seem to care more than anyone else here about what people say.

I'm right there with you. If Vera actually is back to his old self, then it could be a very close fight, but at this point we all have his last few fights stuck in our heads and those were horrible. Then again, this is why we hold the fights and anything can happen.

Vera has always been passive. He can get by with it when he fights slow big guys Assuerio Silva, Eilers, Scherner. even at 205 he has only been able to fight with those same types. Big and Slow. Soszynski,Reese, Patt. Anyone who stand in front of him and allows him to use his reach and use them as a Heavy Bag. Shogun has cardio problems and from a recent training fottage doesnt look to havegood cardio again. He was winded just kicking the Thai pads. But Vera would have to push the pace not let Shogun choose his own pace. Vera never does that. So i dont think he can push Shogun until he gasses. Vera has poor punching even he admits this. Has he really done anything with his hands?

I see a glorified sparring session. Both guys circling each other trading strikes. But Shogun is the more aggressive/active guy and will throw much more. Land more often and do more damage. Vera needs to use his wrestling here or look for openings in the clinch for chokes in transitions like he did Ass Silva. IMo this will be a showcase fight for Shogun. Someone who will stand there who he cant throw all his flash kicks and posture like a tool when he misses without someone attacking him.

"Shogun" Rua vs Brandon Vera

Ryan Bader vs Lyoto Machida

Joe Lauzon vs Jamie Varner

Cole Miller vs Nam Phan

Phil Davis vs Wagner Prado

Mike Swick vs DaMarques Johnson

Josh Grispi vs Rani Yahya

Phil De Fries vs Oli Thompson

Manny Gamburyan vs Michihiro Omigawa

John Morga vs Ulysses Gomez

Vera has always been passive. He can get by with it when he fights slow big guys Assuerio Silva, Eilers, Scherner. even at 205 he has only been able to fight with those same types. Big and Slow. Soszynski,Reese, Patt. Anyone who stand in front of him and allows him to use his reach and use them as a Heavy Bag. Shogun has cardio problems and from a recent training fottage doesnt look to havegood cardio again. He was winded just kicking the Thai pads. But Vera would have to push the pace not let Shogun choose his own pace. Vera never does that. So i dont think he can push Shogun until he gasses. Vera has poor punching even he admits this. Has he really done anything with his hands?

I see a glorified sparring session. Both guys circling each other trading strikes. But Shogun is the more aggressive/active guy and will throw much more. Land more often and do more damage. Vera needs to use his wrestling here or look for openings in the clinch for chokes in transitions like he did Ass Silva. IMo this will be a showcase fight for Shogun. Someone who will stand there who he cant throw all his flash kicks and posture like a tool when he misses without someone attacking him.

Not true. When Vera first came to the UFC he was very aggressive and always pushing the pace then he got caught one time and has been pretty timid ever since.

Not true. When Vera first came to the UFC he was very aggressive and always pushing the pace then he got caught one time and has been pretty timid ever since.

IMO he just looked like he was aggressive because the guys he fought didnt move. He circled Eilers and the others and threw some kicks and some knees. But really was just going through the motions like he always does. Every tim ehe fights you get the feeling he is in a 12 round kick boxing match. To bad everyone is is going at him like a 3 round match.

I find the whole situation with Dana White, Shogun, Texeira a bit odd in all honesty.

Dana admits that Shogun turned down the fight with Texeira because he wasn't ranked and criticises him for it. Shogun is then happy to take a fight with Vera who can't be ranked much better than Texeira at this point.

So Shogun cherry picks a fight which pisses Dana off and Dana retaliates by giving him a title shot if he wins it, yeh that'll teach him Dana!

If you don't take tough fights thne we'll put you in with a bum and fast track you to another title shot, how's that for punishment!

It's hard to see it happening but Shogun has disappointed me, I hope Vera smashes him. I guess it's possible, if Vera is as motivated as he says he is and Shogun puts in a lackluster performance after underestimating him then it could happen, most versions of Shogun should beat Vera though.

I find the whole situation with Dana White, Shogun, Texeira a bit odd in all honesty.

Dana admits that Shogun turned down the fight with Texeira because he wasn't ranked and criticises him for it. Shogun is then happy to take a fight with Vera who can't be ranked much better than Texeira at this point.

So Shogun cherry picks a fight which pisses Dana off and Dana retaliates by giving him a title shot if he wins it, yeh that'll teach him Dana!

If you don't take tough fights thne we'll put you in with a bum and fast track you to another title shot, how's that for punishment!

It's hard to see it happening but Shogun has disappointed me, I hope Vera smashes him. I guess it's possible, if Vera is as motivated as he says he is and Shogun puts in a lackluster performance after underestimating him then it could happen, most versions of Shogun should beat Vera though.

Shogun knows Glove is more dangerous than vera, and a bigger loss than vera is... Why would shogun take a fight with unknown Glover and risk everything or take a fight with Vera who's around the sane rank a Glover but a WAY easier fight.

And a motivated Vera would still get ko'd by shogun.

Shogun knows Glove is more dangerous than vera, and a bigger loss than vera is... Why would shogun take a fight with unknown Glover and risk everything or take a fight with Vera who's around the sane rank a Glover but a WAY easier fight.

And a motivated Vera would still get ko'd by shogun.

I'm not really saying he should but I don't think he should be rewarded with a title fight for cherry picking his opponents.

Can i ask you? At first i find you as an idiot but then i understand that you really believe in all that you write and you have strong opinion but why do you have to argue about everything and think that only you can be right?

This eye poking thing is starting to get annoying.

Yeah, everyone gets that fight as a W. A bit frustrated, but some of the other finishes have made up for it a little.

Can i ask you? At first i find you as an idiot but then i understand that you really believe in all that you write and you have strong opinion but why do you have to argue about everything and think that only you can be right?

How is what i say arguing? Also he replied to my opinion first. So why is me replying to him arguing but he isnt? Sounds like you cant stand other peoples opinion.

How is what i say arguing? Also he replied to my opinion first. So why is me replying to him arguing but he isnt? Sounds like you cant stand other peoples opinion.

you are arguing right now :(

This eye poking thing is starting to get annoying.

Im going to rant on this lol. People who eye poke usin pointless motions like Davis did should be find apon post fight review. Its one thing to open you hands to block punches or poke someon trying to clinch you poke someone with a thumb during a punch. But people measuring distance with sticking their figures out or pointless finger slaps have no place and are pointless risks and irresponsible. When that happens due to careless ness the fighter should be fined. What was Davis trying to accomplish throwing a his hand out there at his face with his fingers spread out? Some fighters are using this to their advantage like Koscheck. Eye pokes cant be complete stopped but most of them are preventable. Poking someone in the eye gives you ahuge advantage and people are getting into habits that make it likely to happen because there is nothing in place to discourage them from throwing their fingers out there. Every time someone is in trouble they start pawing at the eyes.

• Upvote 1