UFC 151 canceled because Jones is a pussy

jacky67

OMFG chael sonnen proposed to fight jon jones and that pussy named Bones ducked Sonnen, because of him the event is canceld.

That guy is afraid to fight a middleweight that has 9 days to prepare for the fight, jesus that guy is a fucking pussy.

Because of him all the others fighters on the card get screw, and all the fans...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Ah two scumbags together. ^

Jones would rip through Sonnen, Sonnen doesn't deserve a title shot.

If anyones to blame its Hendo, why's he trainng this close to the fight.

Dana needs to do something like start giving out fines to people or telling them to stop training.

Shut the fuck up, even in amateur thai boxing or mma event you sometimes do several fights streak, their was K1 tourney, and pride tourney, no one complained at that time who they would fight.

But because of him all others fighters won't get pay, fans they anticipated the fight and maybe a plane will get screw...

• Upvote 2

Shut the fuck up, even in amateur thai boxing or mma event you sometimes do several fights streak, their was K1 tourney, and pride tourney, no one complained at that time who they would fight.

But because of him all others fighters won't get pay, fans they anticipated the fight and maybe a plane will get screw...

Oh yeah, forgot you know all about ducking don't you, your a clown.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sonnen doesn't deserve a shot. He is coming off 2 title fight losses where he talked himself into a fight he hadn't properly earned. Now, he is trying to talk himself into a 3rd shot without earning it. Get in line and beat a top contender or 3. To be fair, Machida doesn't deserve the shot either, and Jones did an interview a couple weeks ago saying he didn't want to do that fight. He said he already beat Machida, and of all his fights last year it had the lowest ratings. He didn't want the lesser paycheck Machida would provide when other opponents would make him more money and have a stronger claim to a title fight. I guess Dana gave him no choice.

http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.php?t=246740

Sonnen doesn't deserve a shot. He is coming off 2 title fight losses where he talked himself into a fight he hadn't properly earned. Now, he is trying to talk himself into a 3rd shot without earning it. Get in line and beat a top contender or 3. To be fair, Machida doesn't deserve the shot either, and Jones did an interview a couple weeks ago saying he didn't want to do that fight. He said he already beat Machida, and of all his fights last year it had the lowest ratings. He didn't want the lesser paycheck Machida would provide when other opponents would make him more money and have a stronger claim to a title fight. I guess Dana gave him no choice.

So Jones is supposed to sit out for the next 2 years while someone "deserves" it by his standard? This is MMA not bing. You fight who is put in front of you and who the UFC says to fight. Jones can take his cherry picking ass down the road. Jones recent interview he said he wanted to fight 3-4 times per year and only cared about the money. Now he i claiming Chael and Machida arent good enough and turning down money and fights. He is a liar. He wants to avoid those tough outs and fight easy guys. Who does he want if he doesnt want rematches? Forrest? Vera? What joke of a fight does he want? He turned down Weidman for god sakes. Every champ runs out of big name fresh fights. But real champs keep fighting. You didnt see Chuck Liddel bitch and moan when they dragged Horn out of the minors at the peak of Chucks career. Chuck got in there and took care of business.

But its all good. Jones will realize you dont fuck over the people who made you when they control your fate. Ask Vera and Pulver how their careers went after they crossed the UFC. You never bite the hand that feeds you. The UFC made Jones when they give him slow wrestler after slow wrestler and they can take him out with match making too.

• Upvote 1

OMFG chael sonnen proposed to fight jon jones and that pussy named Bones ducked Sonnen, because of him the event is canceld.

That guy is afraid to fight a middleweight that has 9 days to prepare for the fight, jesus that guy is a fucking pussy.

Because of him all the others fighters on the card get screw, and all the fans...

+1

Absolutely agree!

So Jones is supposed to sit out for the next 2 years while someone "deserves" it by his standard? This is MMA not bing. You fight who is put in front of you and who the UFC says to fight. Jones can take his cherry picking ass down the road. Jones recent interview he said he wanted to fight 3-4 times per year and only cared about the money. Now he i claiming Chael and Machida arent good enough and turning down money and fights. He is a liar. He wants to avoid those tough outs and fight easy guys. Who does he want if he doesnt want rematches? Forrest? Vera? What joke of a fight does he want? He turned down Weidman for god sakes. Every champ runs out of big name fresh fights. But real champs keep fighting. You didnt see Chuck Liddel bitch and moan when they dragged Horn out of the minors at the peak of Chucks career. Chuck got in there and took care of business.

But its all good. Jones will realize you dont fuck over the people who made you when they control your fate. Ask Vera and Pulver how their careers went after they crossed the UFC. You never bite the hand that feeds you. The UFC made Jones when they give him slow wrestler after slow wrestler and they can take him out with match making too.

+1 too!

Wtf? It's not even a question if Sonnen deserves or not, it was the only fight that were available to avoid the show be canceled. He was the only man who would sell good enough the event and that agree to fight against jones with only 1 week of training. I mean, that's the guy ufc have available, so it shouldn't be a decision if he deserves or not. And that wasn't even the first reason Jones declined the fight. What a pussy, "I don't have time enough to study my opponents", are you insane?? Sonnen whould be like with 70% of his physicall potential and Jones would be with 100%. The same way Jones would not have time enough to study sonnen's game, sonnen would not have to study jones too.

What a coward, I'm very disappointed with him...

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry, but who would you have him fight then? I think people put champions on this untouchable pedestal too often. In my eyes it's about making good competitive fights. I don't care if a guy has won five fights or two fights in a row...if he's a challenge, then let's do it.

Jones has to be absolutely retarded along with his trainer Jackson if he doesn't believe this is "the biggest mistake of his career".

What do you think will happen now when he wants a raise or a bigger cut of the PPV? Like it or not he's at the UFC's mercy. They could cut him and he'd be a nobody...because he needs the UFC brand to make him a star.

Now I have never liked Jon Jones, and maybe it's because I can smell a two-faced lier when I see one. Here's a couple quotes I found amusing.

"You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,"

"Just to clear the record I've never turned down an MMA fight and never will"

Way to be a man of your word.

on that same note did he deserve the title shot when he got it - shogun didnt decline a fight with him when evans got hurt - his excuse of money is retarded really cause a paycheck, any paycheck is better than no paycheck - which is exactly what i would of given him for awhile if i was ufc - he would be setting on the sidelines not collecting one - the claim they dont deserve a shot is b/s too like i say did he really deserve the shot when he got it, nope he filled in - yes he would of gotten his shot sooner or later but he didnt deserve it at the time --- and like swansong says it will cost him in the end big time im willing to bet -- dont get me wrong he isnt 100% at fault hendo should of done or said something way sooner -- he would be on shit list also waiting so long -- sort of like nate the great fucking up a card on short notice but this was worse cause jones flat out refused to fight a fill in

Good points guys. I cant believe he didnt fight. At some point you know Dana went to him and said "if you dont take this fight hen this will be the first event in UFC history we will have to cancil". Jones still said no. Unbelievable!!!! Jones gets a PPV cut. I believe Chael would have done more for the PPVs buys than Henderson. Especially with their trash talk the last couple weeks. So he would have been paid even more. Like Chael said he would not have had 1 day if training for this fight. No way he tries to squeeze a day in the gym and risk getting hurt in the last week in this situation. So he would have not trained at all for the fight and was walking into the champion who was "peaking" and he still stepped up. I have said it many times. But i will say it again. Money kills fighters. Some can handle it but most cant and it changes everyone and destroys some. Fighters lose the reason they started fighting. IF Chael had that belt Jones would have jumped at the chance. But he feels he has nothing to prove which is a death nail for a fighter. A fighters should alwys have something to prove drive them and Jones thinks he is better than everyone in every aspect.

• Upvote 1

What about Greg Jackson mumbling about "taking a fight on 9 days notice is not smart"? Didn't Bones just have a full training camp to be prepared for Hendo? Soooo.... it's more than 9 days then what he had??

And what are the differences between these two fighters? Hendo doesn't fold like a lawn chair when hit unlike Sonnen. Both are high caliber wrestlers and roughly the same size. Hendo has the H-Bomb, Sonnen has the S-Backfist...

Never really liked JJ before anyway but now I have completely lost all respect for "the arrogant brat". That could be his new nickname btw.

• Upvote 1

on that same note did he deserve the title shot when he got it

He was undefeated (Hamill was considered a win by everyone but the ref), and had destroyed everyone he faced in such a one sided way that there was no question he was on a different level than they were. The Bader fight was a test for both fighters to see which was ready to move on, and Jones made him look like a child. So, yes I believe while it was one big fight early it was still deserved. Now, the current fight of Vitor actually looks more dangerous for Jones than Hendo, Machida, or Sonnen ever did. Machida was choked out and dropped like a sack of potatos by Jones, and he has only had 1 fight since. Sonnen only has his wrestling, and as Brainsmasher stated here Jones has been eating them up in his path to the top. Hendo is technically a wrestler, but he would have just stood there trying to land that right hand. He'd never get close enough with his old speed. Vitor has no heart, but his quick aggressive striking at least presents a new challenge Jones hasn't faced yet.

Edit: On a side note I am not a Jones nut hugger. I defended him early, but there came a point that I just couldn't stand the guy anymore. I don't think I need to go into it, but you know all the character flaws he has. Hell, I can't stand Sonnen, but Jones is even lower than him to me in terms of character. I just think a title shot should have more value and not be given to just any schmuck that runs his mouth. Machida didn't deserve the 1st title shot against Jones. He stepped in and Jones stepped up. Why repeat that mess again?

I am not understanding the Chael did not deserve a title shot angle.

This isnt MMATycoon where guys are looking for higher hyped fights or higher ranked opponents to climb the rankings.

This is the real world. This is his job. His boss asked him to fight someone on a day he was supposed to fight anyways and it was a fight the fans would of wanted to see.

Now by saying no he screwed the UFC out of all of the money they already dumped into the ppv.

Screwed the the UFC and FX out of all the money they now have to pay back for the advertising that was sold for a 3 hour time slot during the prelims.

And most of all he screwed the 20 other fighters that trained 8 weeks, spent over 20k on a camp, because they are not headliners like Jones, REALLY needed that money.

• Upvote 2

jesus people, why is everyone dogging Jones on this? The UFC deserves some blame (not much but some) for not having a quality co main event that could have stepped in in this situation. am I trying to absolve Jones of blame? hell no! I am simply trying to say it isn't 100% Jones fault, maybe 99% but not 100%.

jesus people, why is everyone dogging Jones on this? The UFC deserves some blame (not much but some) for not having a quality co main event that could have stepped in in this situation. am I trying to absolve Jones of blame? hell no! I am simply trying to say it isn't 100% Jones fault, maybe 99% but not 100%.

They had Koscheck vs Ellenberger as co main event which could have probably been bumped to an admittedly not great but serviceable main event. That fight was already cancelled due to another injury so when Hendo's injury happened it really put them up shit creek.

I agree that the UFC do take some of the blame as this is one of the problems of so many fight cards in a short space of time but very little in my opinion, there is only so much you can do to prepare for things like this.

When the shit hits the fan in any industry you need people to step up sometime, he found someone willing in Chael Sonnen, it's just unfortunate that the 'champion' decided he's not a fighter anymore.

If everyone behaved like Jones there wouldn't be a UFC to fight in and if people start to follow his lead then MMA will start to go the way of Boxing.

He's a coward.

Oh yeah, forgot you know all about ducking don't you, your a clown.

Dude stop talking shit jones is a pussy face it i do muay thai and in muay thai sometimes you fight up to 4 fights in a night and thats at the age of 14 and im not told who my opponents cause it's a tournament so bones needs to man the fuck up.

If anyones to blame its Hendo, why's he trainng this close to the fight.

Dana needs to do something like start giving out fines to people or telling them to stop training.

Look at how stupid you are.

It's Jackson. I don't think Jones wanted to fight Sonnen, but I think he would have if it wasn't for Jackson. I feel like Jones has little integrity, but Greg Jackson is a disease.

I think Dana is to blame just as much. Remember that he used to argue that MMA is not like boxing because you have a whole card of great fights on it and not just one? I think it's save to say those days are over. It happens because the promoters make more money to do it that way. Everybody with half a brain could predict that the UFC would follow that strategy sooner or later.