UFC 153 - Aldo vs Edgar

Krimzn

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-153-fight-card-updates

He finally decided to drop down and gets an immediate title shot (due to Erik Koch getting injuried). Oh man! This is gonna be excellent! I can't wait now! So excited!

He better hope he wins. With Dana pressuring him to drop down while not really getting legitly beat at 155. He will not be happy if he drops down and gets his ass kicked. HE will be at the press conference and say "I hate you(points finger @ media), i hate you(points finger @ manager), I hate you(points finger @ Dana), and i dont even know you but i hate your guts(points finger @ random guy in the back). Fuck you all!!! I quit!!!"

Niiice! I like both fighters and am very much looking forward for this. I think this fight will get down to:

- Can Aldo stop the takedowns? If Frankie gets one can he do something with it?

- Which one prevails on the feet; Frankies crisp boxing or Aldo's versatile muay thai skills?

- If the fight goes to later rounds can Aldo keep up with Frankie's pace?

Imma give Aldo a slight edge on the feet plus can't really see Frankie finishing Aldo on the ground. But then again Frankie has good takedowns and he can score points with them plus Frankie can go 5 rounds with insane pace.

I think that Aldo wins if he can finish Frankie. If it goes the full time Frankie will take the W.

To be honest? Frankie does not deserve this title shot. I think he should fight at least one person at 145lbs before he is allowed to get a title shot. Besides that? 2 losses in a row!

I totally disagree. He is wayyyy more deserving than Koch in my books. He lost 2 sure but not like he was dominated or anything. Actually I think those both fights could have gone either way...

This is a great fight. A pound for pound clash. In my opinion Frankie is the real Lightweight champ after that last fight, so you've got the best LW vs the best FW...what's not to love!? I'd pick Jose to win this but wouldn't be at all surprised if Frankie had his number.

He better hope he wins. With Dana pressuring him to drop down while not really getting legitly beat at 155. He will not be happy if he drops down and gets his ass kicked. HE will be at the press conference and say "I hate you(points finger @ media), i hate you(points finger @ manager), I hate you(points finger @ Dana), and i dont even know you but i hate your guts(points finger @ random guy in the back). Fuck you all!!! I quit!!!"

ahhaa i lold.

i think aldo will leg kick his way into a decision, though.

I really hate how they pressured Edgar into dropping divisions. I honestly think he should've been walking around right now as the Lightweight Champion. But judges are retarded and we all know that. So be it. He couldn't really control a lot of the bigger guys in the Lightweight Division due to his size but he should have a bit of an easier time at 145. Still gonna be tough,especially against Aldo. Should be a great fight.

I was watching the Aldo/Mendes fight last night. And i see something Frankie will be able to capitolize on. Aldo is a big and wide fighter. Wide shoulders for his weight. HE gives up a lot of the middle because his strikes are loop at time and being wide leaves a large pocket for a small compact quick guy like Frankie. If Frankie fights like he always does then he will settle into this pocket pretty nicely and frustrate Aldo with little combos on the inside. The only question i have is frankies chin. He has been hurt by gys who are not as quick and accurate as Aldo. If his chin is suspect or he gets hurt he wont survive Aldo. Unless he gets caught i think Frankie will get the better part of most of the exchanges. He might go for takedowns but it will be later in the fight. Aldo fades as the fight wears on so Frankies consistant pace will take over if he can survive the early rounds. I see Frankie winning or at least will be winning or even if he gets KO'ed. But as long as the fight lasts i think he will be at least even in the fight or winning. Hard to say much more than that due to his tendancy to get rocked. He will still be small at 145 and that will help him a lot verses a big athletic Aldo.

• Upvote 1

Hm... I kind of disagree. Actually I see this as one fight where Edgar won't be able to throw his 1-2s and then run for 30 seconds for a split decision. Every time he engages Aldo, he will get countered/wrecked... Aldo's accuracy is outstanding. Frankie better use his wrestling, 'cos I see Aldo hurting him badly on the feet.

Hm... I kind of disagree. Actually I see this as one fight where Edgar won't be able to throw his 1-2s and then run for 30 seconds for a split decision. Every time he engages Aldo, he will get countered/wrecked... Aldo's accuracy is outstanding. Frankie better use his wrestling, 'cos I see Aldo hurting him badly on the feet.

Very possible. I think the game plan i used was what he needs to do to have the best chance of winning. I dont think he will be able to come out and take Aldo down and even if he does Aldo is supposed to be a beast on the ground. I think if he finds the pocket he will do well. But like you said i can see him being scared because his chin is suspect and staying on the outside rather than trying to get on the inside. Mayb ehe will start out like that then work his way in as he gets confidence and Aldo wears down after 2 rounds. Very interested fight. I would easily have Aldo as a pretty heavy favorite.

Aldo didn't have it too easy with the skeletor version of Kenny Florian and Edgar is a lot better. He was also fading against Hominick later in their fight. If he's going to gass against Edgar he's toast. I think Edgar will win. He has all the right tools, always comes up with a great gameplan, executes it perfectly and has a bigger heart than Aldo I feel. If he gets rocked like against Maynard or Henderson it's over though. Aldo is a real killer compared to those two. I still put my money on Edgar.

Aldo didn't have it too easy with the skeletor version of Kenny Florian and Edgar is a lot better. He was also fading against Hominick later in their fight. If he's going to gass against Edgar he's toast. I think Edgar will win. He has all the right tools, always comes up with a great gameplan, executes it perfectly and has a bigger heart than Aldo I feel. If he gets rocked like against Maynard or Henderson it's over though. Aldo is a real killer compared to those two. I still put my money on Edgar.

Your absolutely right. If it does go into the later rounds and Aldo does gas, Edgar will easily have the advantage. Really tough decision on who would win this fight. I wouldn't put my money on it.

I love this match-up edgar's got crazy footwork so he may be able to get in and out without taking aldo's badass leg kicks. plus anything with edgar in is going to be a great fight with a hell of a lot of drama and aldo's just unbelievably talented.