Superfight: Gsp vs silva could very well happen

Kronix

Hughes isn't ripped. Just stocky and compact like many other wrestlers. Compact muscles tend to weigh more than over puffed up ones. This is especially true when you compare the legs, since many of those over puffed guys don't have them. As for me, I am not a Fedor type, but seeing as you are basing your entire premise on nothing more than your feelings I feel it a waste of time to argue you. I am obviously not in my prime, but even when competing I had to cut lots of weight to get down to 189. There is no way I could have ever gotten down to 170, but now days those guys have it down to a science.

Hughes isn't ripped. Just stocky and compact like many other wrestlers. Compact muscles tend to weigh more than over puffed up ones. This is especially true when you compare the legs, since many of those over puffed guys don't have them. As for me, I am not a Fedor type, but seeing as you are basing your entire premise on nothing more than your feelings I feel it a waste of time to argue you. I am obviously not in my prime, but even when competing I had to cut lots of weight to get down to 189. There is no way I could have ever gotten down to 170, but now days those guys have it down to a science.

Dude there's no way ur 230 lbs and looks like hughes, just looks at cro cop dude, cro cop weigh at 220 lbs. ur smaller than him and heavier than him, and do you think cro cop looks like hughes ?

This argument is retarded, you cant tell Eveas what his weight to height ratio is.

Now, he could provide a picture, but I do believe him, all muscles dont weigh the same and some people have different bone structure etc. etc. etc.

One example, when Christian M'Pumbu won the bellator light heavyweight belt he didnt cut any weight, and yet he was at least as big as or bigger than his opponents who cut down from 220

This argument is retarded, you cant tell Eveas what his weight to height ratio is.

Now, he could provide a picture, but I do believe him, all muscles dont weigh the same and some people have different bone structure etc. etc. etc.

One example, when Christian M'Pumbu won the bellator light heavyweight belt he didnt cut any weight, and yet he was at least as big as or bigger than his opponents who cut down from 220

That's what people don't understand he could have cut from 200lbs it doesn't mean he was 220 lbs in the cage.

If a sumo cut to 170lbs then in the cage he won't look as a sumo.

That's what people don't understand he could have cut from 200lbs it doesn't mean he was 220 lbs in the cage.

They dehydrate themselves, then rehydrate in the 24ish hours between the weigh-in and the fight, they dont actually lose fat or musclemass.

What? I think you might be retarded. If he's 5'9 and 230 lbs than his BMI is 34 and his weight to height ratio is 3,34 pounds per inch. Matt Hughes has around 10% body fat. That's ripped. There are a lot of people who are obese who call themself stocky. There's this guy at work where I am. Everybody calls him stocky to his face and at this point it seems like he starts to believe it. Behind his back they just call him fat. The same thing counts for people who are morbidly obese who call themselves chubby. I know one thing, if you're 5'9 and 230 lbs than your body won't look anything like Hughes'.

They dehydrate themselves, then rehydrate in the 24ish hours between the weigh-in and the fight, they dont actually lose fat or musclemass.

Your stupid, you can't dehydrate 60 lbs.

Just look Anthony johnson before and now, it's the same dude, they usually dehydrate about 4 kg, plus empty stomach it makes 1-2 kg more, the rest they lose fat before the fight, it's called a diet.

For what we know diuretic aren't allowed and are tested.

Believe it or not there are skinny sumo. They just don't make it onto TV, and no one cares about them. Much like with MMA skinny guys compete against skinny guys. If Akebono or Konishiki cut to 170 it could not be all water weight. You are talking about them dropping at 2/3rd their body weight or more. You aren't going to triple your size back up over night. For a fighter like Anderson or Hughes much of the weight they lose is just water, and the second they make weight they are on the IV's pumping it back into their system. They may not get back to their natural weight due to some of it being cut throughout their training camp, but they will get back all that water and a bit extra from finally being allowed to eat. Most people fluctuate 5 pounds within a day easily without even cutting anything. You just wake up hungry and eat breakfast or drink something.

Steeve, if that were the case the Marines would have never allowed me in. They are very strict about that sort of thing, though I admit I was cutting from 220 back then instead of 230. Part of getting older. According to BMI George Bush and Brad Pitt are also morbidly obese. It is a terrible standard unless you do not have even the slightest amount of muscle. We cannot all look like Karen Carpenter.

Believe it or not there are skinny sumo. They just don't make it onto TV, and no one cares about them.

Hahaha. No, there isn't. Skinny compared to other wrestlers maybe. Not skinny compared to the norm. It just doesn't exist on a professional level. There are 50 sumo stables and about 3/4 of their training is eating. They have this disgusting stuff called Chanko Nabe that they eat all day to get fat. Sumo wrestlers usually have an apprentice in training who follows them around because they're so fat that they can't whipe their own ass.

Steeve, if that were the case the Marines would have never allowed me in. They are very strict about that sort of thing, though I admit I was cutting from 220 back then instead of 230. Part of getting older. According to BMI George Bush and Brad Pitt are also morbidly obese. It is a terrible standard unless you do not have even the slightest amount of muscle. We cannot all look like Karen Carpenter.

Come on dude! Cut it out already. Brad Pitt is not obese according to his BMI and never was. He was slightly overweight according to his BMI when he bulked up to 190 lbs for Troy. Ronnie Coleman is obese according to his BMI. I'm not using the BMI as a factor to decide whether your fat. I'm not calling you fat. I'm just saying that you don't look like Matt Hughes. Or Brad Pitt for that matter.

http://cdn.stronglifts.com/wp-content/uploads/brad-pitt-fight-club.jpg

5'11 and 160-170 lbs for fight club.

Hahaha. No, there isn't. Skinny compared to other wrestlers maybe. Not skinny compared to the norm. It just doesn't exist on a professional level. There are 50 sumo stables and about 3/4 of their training is eating. They have this disgusting stuff called Chanko Nabe that they eat all day to get fat. Sumo wrestlers usually have an apprentice in training who follows them around because they're so fat that they can't whipe their own ass.

I didn't say anything about professional level. Just pointing out I have seen on numerous occasions competitions between guys who looked about 180 at the most. Obviously he was talking about guys like Akebono. I just wanted to point out there are skinny guys doing it. It was always on Japanese TV with the daily variety shows sending guys to train in their camps. You'd never see their competitions on TV unless the variety shows had a host who managed to be getting knocked out the ring in the 1st round of a tourney or something.

You are getting so passionately over heated over nothing, and I find it humorous. You have no idea what I look like, but for some reason you feel a need to go insane trying to argue it. Some in here have seen me. Mostly alliance guys. They seem to think my wrists are unusually big for some reason. I'd post some shots, but your irrationality is making me laugh. Ask one of them. Never called myself Brad Pitt.

Actually I'm getting a good laugh out of this. I'm not chubby! I'm stocky! Alright, whatever, you're stocky and you have the body of Matt Hughes.

Actually, I said body type. Not body. 30 years of wrestling will do that to you. He obviously is thicker when he is not cutting 30-50 pounds from his natural weight. Did you really think pro-fighters and Brainsmasher were the only people ever to have trained? That is laughable. You have zero to go on, but you are acting like your assumptions are the word of God who doesn't even exist. If you do not see the humor in that from my end it becomes all the funnier.

Actually, I said body type. Not body. 30 years of wrestling will do that to you. He obviously is thicker when he is not cutting 30-50 pounds from his natural weight. Did you really think pro-fighters and Brainsmasher were the only people ever to have trained? That is laughable. You have zero to go on, but you are acting like your assumptions are the word of God who doesn't even exist. If you do not see the humor in that from my end it becomes all the funnier.

I never trained in wrestling, but I competed in sports at a high level and I'm knowledgable enough about it to know when I see nonsense. I just think you have a flawed image of yourself. If you're the same height as Matt Hughes and he's around 190-200 lbs in the off season and you're 230 than it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that you don't have the same body type.

You know what? I'm 7'1, 160 lbs and I have the same body type as Ronnie Coleman in 2002. If you dare to argue that it's ridiculous than I'll say that you don't have anything to go on. You don't have my pictures. What do you know? Ha! Btw I'm not underweight. I'm slim.

As mentioned earlier, he says he is not 200 in the off season. He says he is closer to 230 which is why I made the comparison in the 1st place. Also, having never wrestled I would not expect you to know the body composition it tends to promote. It is very unlike other sports. You don't usually get huge and bulky. Muscles tend to be more compact and dense. It simply is not the same. Also, we tend to have thicker legs which can really jack that number up. Anyways... I am off to work. Have fun smashing your head into your PC screen. You seem about to pop a vessel.

I can settle this easily enough. I've been to the gym where Eveas currently boxes for fun, and have seen him numerous times...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/172/2/5/Matt_Hughes_training_5_by_NMRosario.jpg

Here he is. Now you try to tell me he doesn't look like Matt Hughes.

Why does Hughes have to look like the guy in the pic? No fighter is ripped up that puts on that much weight between fights. Rampage and Forrest get up tto 250 at times. No one is claiming it is muscle. Hughes gets over 200 lbs. Im sure he isnt lean. Most fighters between fights put on a decent belly. Some fighters do stay fit when not fighting. Even those guys are at least 20+ lbs over their fight weigth.I remember seeing Jorge Gurgel at 180 and he was a natural 155. He wasn fat. He was chisled. Not ripped but had the Prime Ken Shamrock look without viens. Basically a bloated version of his fight weight. each fighter is different. Some stay in shape year around. Some fighters love to eat. So when their fight is over they make up for lost time and stuff their face until they sign for another fight. I dont see how anyone can be on a MMa forum and not know what fighters walk around weight is and what they cut. Shows you how much trolling Jacky does.

Why does Hughes have to look like the guy in the pic? No fighter is ripped up that puts on that much weight between fights. Rampage and Forrest get up tto 250 at times. No one is claiming it is muscle. Hughes gets over 200 lbs. Im sure he isnt lean. Most fighters between fights put on a decent belly. Some fighters do stay fit when not fighting. Even those guys are at least 20+ lbs over their fight weigth.I remember seeing Jorge Gurgel at 180 and he was a natural 155. He wasn fat. He was chisled. Not ripped but had the Prime Ken Shamrock look without viens. Basically a bloated version of his fight weight. each fighter is different. Some stay in shape year around. Some fighters love to eat. So when their fight is over they make up for lost time and stuff their face until they sign for another fight. I dont see how anyone can be on a MMa forum and not know what fighters walk around weight is and what they cut. Shows you how much trolling Jacky does.

Pretty much dead on. I can't believe I am agreeing with you on something.

You claim to have the same body type as a guy who weighs 55 lbs lighter and is the same height. I hope you understand now why I think this is funny.

He is 55 pounds lighter when he is cutting his ass off and dehydrating himself to make weight. He doesn't walk around like that in the off season.

He is 55 pounds lighter when he is cutting his ass off and dehydrating himself to make weight. He doesn't walk around like that in the off season.

Yes, he does. Haha. I just gave you a link of him saying that he does. Let go of it already.

I dont see how anyone can be on a MMa forum and not know what fighters walk around weight is and what they cut. Shows you how much trolling Jacky does.

I can't believe it either. Especially because he said it himself.

I wonder what Matt walks around at during the off season? 180 maybe? Thats my guess, anyone know?

About 192-195

185-187 most of the time

Read the link. This should've been the end of this ridiculous discussion, but you guys just keep going. If you agree with BrainSmasher than that's a pretty good indication that you're wrong, and in all likeliness off by a couple of miles.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/172/2/5/Matt_Hughes_training_5_by_NMRosario.jpg

It's kind of funny that you chose to post a picture that was taken by the NateR who said that Matt Hughes is 192-195 lbs in the off-season. A guy who trains with him. But of course you guys know better. Haha.

Lmao so mis-spelled Steve you give us his weight while training from guys he trains with. If you think he is always at the weight he steps in the cage at you are a bigger moron than I give you credit for. Hughes cuts water from 185-190. That is not what he is when he isn't in the gym and hasn't been for a while. There is no way that Hughes country breakfast eating ass is t carrying extra weight.