Paolo Mendez is a paper champ.

If Franky's willing to sign Zizzman to a one-fight deal, the CFC is willing to cooperate and make this fight happen. Hell, I'll even cut him from his existing deal right now and allow it to happen in SynCity. No compensation needed to CFC. I just don't want to be the one accused of preventing a big cross-promotional fight to happen.

Sorry about the offtopic babbling but damn I hope Dana W. is reading this stuff. Thats the way to do it! Fedor to the UFC kthxbye. :mf_popcorn1:

CFC needs work on this soon. If Mr Mendez and SynCity want no part of Zizzman and the CFC's offer to completely forego all benefits, we need to know so Zizzman can be booked for his next domestic challenge.

The time is right. Neither fighter is booked right now. The winner would also have a good amount of rest for the promised shot at YB Sol.

Make them five round non-title belts if you're afraid of losing your strap to Zizzman. I don't know if Amy D wants to take a non-title fight, but I would think the logical choice would be to just make them 5 round non titles.

Didn't know that was even possible

What did Werdum have to gain from facing Dos Santos? Werdum could prove that despite being a grappler, he could handle facing a dangerous striker. What did kimbo have to gain from facing Seth Petruzelli? That he was a real fighter and worth the hype.

Being one dimensional is ok if you can control where the fight takes place... being hyped as a top p4p fighter is ok if you deserve the ranking. This fight might boost you a couple spots in the rankings and would earn you a shot with YB Sol... but what it really does is it legitimizes your fighter.

They were in the same orgs? If i lost the belt to Ziz and then he just leaves to go back to CFC that is gonna be a big hype drop for Syn is it not??

I'm already number 2 so i can only be boosted 1 more spot :) and as i mentioned even if i beat Z i won't be able to fight Sol until co-promotion is possible as i will not give up the Syn belt

Come on!!! They're bending over backwards to make this fight happen!!!

At this point... if you don't take it... their might be a rumor started that you're ducking the fight.

CFC needs work on this soon. If Mr Mendez and SynCity want no part of Zizzman and the CFC's offer to completely forego all benefits, we need to know so Zizzman can be booked for his next domestic challenge.

The time is right. Neither fighter is booked right now. The winner would also have a good amount of rest for the promised shot at YB Sol.

I have no say in anything, i fight whoever Franky offers to me and as i said i won't fight Sol until co-promotion or unless he comes over

Didn't know that was even possible

I have no say in anything, i fight whoever Franky offers to me and as i said i won't fight Sol until co-promotion or unless he comes over

You can fight a 5 rounder with NO belt on the line. Promotor has to check the "title" box to have a belt on the line. So this is 100% possible with no belts being taken.

I know you haven't said anything... but do you WANT to fight this guy? Remember Wand and Chuck calling each other out post fight? Come on, step up!

Sad times, doesn't look like any of these fights will happen.

The CFC is absolutely willing to cooperate with a cross promotional fight.

I'm willing to extend the first olive branch by allowing one of Amy D's fighters (who until now have been exclusive members of the CFC organization) to leave his contract to compete against another top fighter elsewhere. The benefits of that big fight would go entirely to Mendez's host org.

The winner of that fight would have the option of facing YB Sol (or whoever the CFC LHW champ is at the time) in the CFC afterwards. I'd even be willing to split a share of the profits the event generates with the winner of the first fight's promotion - despite not taking anything from the proposed Zizzman/Mendez fight.

My rules for cross-promotion are straight forward at this time. The org with the higher ranked fighter should host the fights. I realize that's easier to say than do when you have a couple top-ranked fighters like Sol and Chang (thus I might never have to lose a fighter). So I'll send over one of the CFC's prized draws to another org to get the ball rolling.

I have nothing against Mendez or Franky. Mendez's manager has a fighter in CFC today and Franky runs an amazing show.

But with both guys waiting for fights, both being big named fighters and managers (Amy D is perennially #1 or 2 in the world), this just seems like an awesomely perfect fit.

damn "RL-work" .. have done enough now though till next week so lets talk some fun business here :P

first off i really appreciate waptt's offensive approach to get himself some more limelight, as well as CFCs open-mindedness about it. i like drama :) and this is definaetly better written drama than that assliction-stuff everywhere around here ;).

now the problem with this particular suggested scenario is that the risk/reward-factor here is not in SynCitys favor. its a one-sided deal that only the most hot-headed promotors would agree to. im the governator i guess of SynCity and im a crazy fuk, but not hot-headed per se :P. the potential loss in hype/pop for Mendez if he loses outweights what a 1 time apperance of Zizzman could bring SynCity by far. if Mendez woud win .. everything would be fine, but itd be a big gamble with no safety-nets for SynCity.

if you want to gamble than lets gamble big at least :P. that one-sided 1-fight-deal is not fun enough.

im a promotor in this game, but also a manager and first and foremost a fan, i want to see dream-matches.

lets make this a 2-sided deal, a real deal. wapttn and the CFC handpicked Mendez to fight Zizzman .. you can get what you want .. but then let SynCity pick someone to throw at YB Sol .. for example.

i dont mind even doing multiple fight-deals with fighters from managers we trust. Greg Chang or YB Sol for 3 fights in SynCity would be fun. Mendez, Satomi & Co could have fun in CFC as well id imagine. basicly SynCity is open for a lot of things .. if its fair things. brainstorm with me here .. think about a fair, crazy deal youd be fine and you can imagine - win/lose or draw - me being fine with and most importantly that will make fans around the world go wet (Boondock doesnt count, he gets wet for everything :P) .. and im positive we can work something out.

Cross Promotional fights would be great, although i have to agree, syn needs to be able to send a fighter to cfc to challenge for the belt if cfc is able to challenge Mendez for the belt. The biggest issue here is promotions losing such a large amount of hype when a champion leaves. There just needs to be a way to work around this. Only if there was a way to loan a fighter without having to break his contract. A fighter should be able to hold two belts if need be and be able to defend them if he wants or let them go.

if you want to gamble than lets gamble big at least :P. that one-sided 1-fight-deal is not fun enough.

I say you go old school... fight for pink slips. Whoever wins gets to keep the others fighter. THAT'S some drama.

win/lose or draw - me being fine with and most importantly that will make fans around the world go wet (Boondock doesnt count, he gets wet for everything :P) .. and im positive we can work something out.

:owned:

..oh wait...

:bigshock: :bigshock:

I dont like the idea of them being there for 3 fights. I do however like that you can hand pick a guy to face a champion of CFC's. I think this should be a best out of 5 or 7 though.

There's no risk here. Zizzman's not challenging for any title. Syn's not going to lose hype from having to strip him. You're getting all the financial reward.

If Mendez beats Zizzman, he gets YB Sol. Everyone wins.

The timing works perfectly right now with neither Zizz or Mendez having fights booked and YB Sol (or the CFC LHW Champ) being committed for his next two fights anyhow.

But if you want to ship someone over....let's keep this in Amy D's house. It's his idea. THe CFC will gladly entertain a visitor to take on Greg Chang.

I think the way around this is just to avoid title fights. And I know what you mean by saying that I handpicked this fight... but its hard to say that I hand picked the LHW champ of a top ogr, let alone the 2nd ranked top p4p fighter in the world. Chang welcomes all challenges so how about this:

Zizzmen goes to Syncity for a 5 round non title fight against Mendez, and in exchange, Syncity can send one of their top HW contenders to the CFC to take on Chang in a 3 or 5 round non title fight. The hype loss is minimized by taking the titles out of the picture, but we still get to see who's the best of the best. Deal?

This just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and the CFC can't hold back two of it's biggest draws for the potential of maybe having super fights occur here and elsewhere.

The offer stands, but it seems like it will have to be another time unless someone wants to make this happen.

This just doesn't seem to be going anywhere and the CFC can't hold back two of it's biggest draws for the potential of maybe having super fights occur here and elsewhere.

The offer stands, but it seems like it will have to be another time unless someone wants to make this happen.

what are you talking about this isnt going anywhere? is that a cheap psychology-trick to get me quickly to agree to everything you want? :P its not working ... but les do this :D. the soonest i could book Mendez/Zizzman is August 1st.

There's no risk here.

But if you want to ship someone over....let's keep this in Amy D's house. It's his idea. THe CFC will gladly entertain a visitor to take on Greg Chang.

theres no risk? deals like this are all about risk. its also certain that CFC has less risk to worry about than SynCity here (talking this fight in particular). the CFCs guy is facing the nr.2 p4p. what youd like to see is Zizzman coming back as the a top3 p4p-fighter, without paying much of anything (risk etc.) for it.

I think the way around this is just to avoid title fights. And I know what you mean by saying that I handpicked this fight... but its hard to say that I hand picked the LHW champ of a top ogr, let alone the 2nd ranked top p4p fighter in the world. Chang welcomes all challenges so how about this:

Zizzmen goes to Syncity for a 5 round non title fight against Mendez, and in exchange, Syncity can send one of their top HW contenders to the CFC to take on Chang in a 3 or 5 round non title fight. The hype loss is minimized by taking the titles out of the picture, but we still get to see who's the best of the best. Deal?

id rather send someone to take on YB Sol. i realise YB is from a different camp, but the CFC seems to be very tight with that camp also, so it shouldnt be a problem. plus just like you think Mendez needs to prove himself i think YB needs to prove himself. Chang is good, but YB is getting all the puplicity. so hes the target :P.

to sum it up .. im proposing this deal:

- Mendez/Zizzman 5 round non-title fight (fight takes place beginning of august)

- if Mendez wins he gets to fight YB Sol in SynCity (non-title 5 rounds).

- If Mendez loses .. SynCity gets to choose a fighter that gets to fight YB Sol in CFC (dont care if YB wins or loses in the meantime, but it should happen before mid Sept.).

this is a stacked little deal with a good amount of risks and possible rewards for everyone involved and its just 2 fights, but the end of it well probably see who the best 205er in the wolrd is. this deal is in CFCs favor because CFCs chances look good. im crazy enough to make it happen and let happen whatever happens .. so les do it.

now everybody needs to sign the deal i guess :).

I've been pretty clear that I believe cross-promotion only works if the top fighter gets home turf advantage. And I'm willing to make the first move by shipping over a top fighter an elite manager to get the ball rolling.

Unless the top fighter's org is hosting the fight, CFC won't be participating. I don't expect to be bringing higher ranked fighters to CFC to compete.

Frankly, a potential scenario where Syn hosts both fights just doesn't make any sense. In our offer, it may be a one-fight deal where Syn hosts the fight and gets all the profit.

Unless Mendez (or another LHW) climbs past Sol, I'm not interested in shipping a superior fighter to another org. Likewise I wouldn't expect you to send your champions who are higher rated to CFC for a fight. If he does get the top LHW ranking though, I will absolutely abide by own guidelines and send him elsewhere for a superfight if his manager is interested.

The offer is out there.

Zizzman goes to Syn to fight Mendez in a non-title fight. CFC requires no financial compensation.

The winner gets Sol in the CFC (title for Zizz, NT for Mendez). If Mendez is fighting, CFC will share a percentage of the profits with Syn.

If Syn doesn't feel like they're getting anything out of it, CFC is open to them sending someone over to fight HW Champ Greg Chang or we'll send another upper-tier fighter (but one lower ranked than the Syn champ) across to Syn to face one of their champs to give them a second hosted fight.

CFC requires no financial compensation? what? :P of course not, that would be downride insulting. what has money to do with anything were talking about here anyway? :P SynCity doesnt care whatsoever about how any of this would effect the money-balance.

but what youre saying about the higher-ranked fighter not fighting in foreign-territory. allright, your concers seems legit there. so lets edit the deal:

deal:

- Mendez/Zizzman 5 round non-title fight (fight takes place beginning of august in SynCity)

- if Mendez wins he gets to fight YB Sol (non-title 5 rounds). fight takes place wherever Matt Mac wants it to take place.

- If Mendez loses .. SynCity gets to choose a fighter that gets to fight YB Sol in CFC (doesnt matter if YB wins or loses in the meantime, but it should happen before mid Sept.).

There's no risk here. Zizzman's not challenging for any title. Syn's not going to lose hype from having to strip him. You're getting all the financial reward.

The timing works perfectly right now with neither Zizz or Mendez having fights booked and YB Sol (or the CFC LHW Champ) being committed for his next two fights anyhow.

I've already said i can't fight Sol while i am champion of Syn, i won't give up the belt and so i wouldn't be fighting Sol even if i win :)

I've done some looking and since Zizz is

Weight: 24 P4P: 102

When Syn have people under contract (who i presume will stay) that are ranked higher like

Tuberculo "Death" Meningitis

Weight: 9 P4P: 42

Even "The G.O.A.T(s)." Franjy Izgrate who i have beaten twice is ranked higher

Weight: 15 P4P: 72

Jin "Dragon" Sen

Weight: 20 P4P: 94

It doesn't make much sense to fight Zizz now as i can get more hype/pop from beating the Syn guys? (and the event will do better with the higher ranked Syn fighters)

If he wins a couple of fights and then loses to Sol but is in the top50 p4p then i wouldn't mind it

It is still up to Franky but i kind of agree it doesn't make much sense for him or Syn at the moment and so i won't be telling him i want Zizz over anyone else (plus i see Zizz is fighting Mij Neztil too :P )

That seems reasonable.

My only concern is that I'm not 100% certain about the timing of the re-match fight Syn is looking for in the event that Mendez loses to Zizzman.

YB fights Aug 2 against Travis Wood.

If he wins his next fight would be roughly Aug 19-20 vs Max Marak as per previous commitments. This fight has to happen after the Wood bout. It was part of the offer i made to Max to get him to sign with the CFC.

IN THE EVENT THAT Zizzman wins (that fight is essentially a #1 contender match to determine who gets to face YB Sol), it would be YB vs Zizzman sometime roughly in the range of Sept 7-10.

Which would be that Syn's chosen fight vs YB Sol would have to occur at the end of September.

Obviously if Mendez wins, then it's pretty straight forward that it would be YB vs Mendez on that September 7-10 card.

EDIT: And of course all non-title fights. If it's a deal-breaker, I'd probably be willing to shaft Zizzman from his title shot for a few weeks to get the potential auto-pick fight for the Sept 7-10 area.

you can actually leave Syn with the belt. if i dont strip it from you thered be no hype-loss for SynCity (i think :P).

edit: well lets make the deadline for the fight against YB the end of september then. there are a lof "ifs" .. if YB wins his 3 fights .. well ok .. end of september. if he loses in the meantime to whoever .. we can work something sooner also id imagine.

bottom line .. you get to throw someone at Mendez and SynCity gets to throw someone at YB Sol. deal? no risk involved :suicide_anim:

you can actually leave Syn with the belt. if i dont strip it from you thered be no hype-loss for SynCity (i think :P).

I'd check it with Mike if i was you :)

One thing I should add is it seems only fair that Syn/Mendez has the option of facing YB Sol OR the CFC LHW champ at that time. If he runs the gauntlet it has to be YB, but in the event that he loses one of the fights, you guys should really get the right to pick which fighter you'd like to face.