Overeem?

The Pride fight was close. But by everyone standard of the time (UFC and Pride). Ricco pulls it out. But people want to over value the 7 sub failed sub attempts he threw up in 20 minutes. Sub attempts always count as aggression. Its not a knock down or a punch. IF you push the fight and keep the other guy on the defensive the entire fight you might steal the fight. But he didnt keep Ricco on the defensive. Ricco pushed the pace to get takedowns. He advanced position 4 times to Nogs 1. He out landed Nog in strikes over all(which is what Pride claims they score fights by. Not rounds!) Ricco beat him in every thing over all and almost ever round including the 10 minute first.

But the Pride fan boys want to act like the fight wasnt even close. They always want to claim Nog was better when at best Nog is on the same level. Even one of the judges choose Ricco(you only have to bride 2 lol). Pride noobs want to use it to Prove Pride was better because the sherdog fight finder said so. But the two men fighting in the ring that night determain who was better not Sherdog.

Ricco probably was the biggest talent in the UFC though. He kind of helped it to shit himself. I think Pride's heavyweight division became better after that. There's just so little talent in the heavyweight division it's really easy to raise the talent level by bringing in two good fighters. If you see what kind of success Mike Russow, Mark Hunt, Mitrione and Shaub have anno 2012 it's a bit pathetic. And say all you want about Hunt, but he defeated fighters that Mitrione and Shaub couldn't. Haha.

The Pride fight was close. But by everyone standard of the time (UFC and Pride). Ricco pulls it out. But people want to over value the 7 sub failed sub attempts he threw up in 20 minutes. Sub attempts always count as aggression. Its not a knock down or a punch. IF you push the fight and keep the other guy on the defensive the entire fight you might steal the fight. But he didnt keep Ricco on the defensive. Ricco pushed the pace to get takedowns. He advanced position 4 times to Nogs 1. He out landed Nog in strikes over all(which is what Pride claims they score fights by. Not rounds!) Ricco beat him in every thing over all and almost ever round including the 10 minute first.

But the Pride fan boys want to act like the fight wasnt even close. They always want to claim Nog was better when at best Nog is on the same level. Even one of the judges choose Ricco(you only have to bride 2 lol). Pride noobs want to use it to Prove Pride was better because the sherdog fight finder said so. But the two men fighting in the ring that night determain who was better not Sherdog.

Your out of your mind? He lost that fight and after that lost a couple. Thats it only legit fighter who was in UFC at that point is Frank Mir all other these cats or retired or sux and dont. And plese dont bring up stupid comparison with other fights like Jones vs Hamill because Nog won a decision but Jones lost to a DQ these are 2 different things.

And FUCK sherdog I use wikipeadi hate these black design pages!!!

Ricco could've beaten Fedor if he was on top of his game, but I don't think it would've happened. Fedor always was on top of his game and after he became champ Ricco rarely was. All of the common opponents they had Fedor beat way more impressively than Ricco. This includes Nogueira, Goodridge, Arlovski and Sylvia.

Don't argue with BrainSmasher. He calls others fanboys, but he's the best example of a fanboy you'll find.

Ricco could've beaten Fedor if he was on top of his game, but I don't think it would've happened. Fedor always was on top of his game and after he became champ Ricco rarely was. All of the common opponents they had Fedor beat way more impressively than Ricco. This includes Nogueira, Goodridge, Arlovski and Sylvia.

Don't argue with BrainSmasher. He calls others fanboys, but he's the best example of a fanboy you'll find.

What am i fan boy of?

When has Ricco beat anyone impressively? It wasnt his style to put you away fast. HE would have still beat Fedor. Fedor ducked everyone out of the Ricco mold. There is a reason he never fought Werdum and Barnett all the years he was in Pride with them. Which is why he ducked Monson. The Big grapplers were his weakness and he never fought any of them. It is why he lost to Arona in Rings(yes he really lost). He couldnt handle sub wrestlers(top guys with sub defense). His wrestling wasnt that good. If Arona would have got him in Pride he would have smashed him with strikes allowed on the ground.

What am i fan boy of?

When has Ricco beat anyone impressively? It wasnt his style to put you away fast. HE would have still beat Fedor. Fedor ducked everyone out of the Ricco mold. There is a reason he never fought Werdum and Barnett all the years he was in Pride with them. Which is why he ducked Monson. The Big grapplers were his weakness and he never fought any of them. It is why he lost to Arona in Rings(yes he really lost). He couldnt handle sub wrestlers(top guys with sub defense). His wrestling wasnt that good. If Arona would have got him in Pride he would have smashed him with strikes allowed on the ground.

Why you ignore simple facts? PRIDE hw fighter still are competing in UFC at high lvl but guys who where at that time in UFC are retired or fighing in small shows! You do the math!

Cro Cop wasnt champ. So what does Sylvia being champ have anything to do with it? If it was champ vs champ it would make since.

Who says Nog beat Ricco? Do you always believe what corrupt judges tell you? How about this. My brother the licensed judge felt Ricco won. You happy now? Oh wait, he wasnt the official judge. But neither was Prides. There was no one who made them official. There was no licensing or sanctioning. So in other words you believe the guys paid off by Pride.

They met in ADCC and the two fights showed Nog was never going to land a sub. He was throwing them up helplessly with no prayer to win and got beat in every aspect of the fight. Like Joe Rogan recently said about judging. It really comes down to "Which guy would you rather be in the fight". There is no way in hell anyone would rather be Nog in that fight. He was stuck under a guy who complete DESTROYED him 3 years earlier by knee bar at ADCC. Ricco out struck him, out wrestled him, pushed the pace, passed his guard a half dozen times.

Judges do not change reality. They can reward MAtt Hamill with the win but we all know who the better fighter is. We know who walked out feeling like a loser and it wasnt JOnes. It wasnt Ricco either.

Oh, my bad, he beat him in a grappling match--which is completely related to MMA. Well I'm glad your brother believes Ricco won, but my brother believes Nog won. Guess we have a stalemate.

Why you ignore simple facts? PRIDE hw fighter still are competing in UFC at high lvl but guys who where at that time in UFC are retired or fighing in small shows! You do the math!

The UFC recycles everyone. Pride fighters are newer to the UFC seen. It has been around 4 years now and that is about how long people last in the UFC. As you see now NOg is washed up and is on his way out. His name built in Pride is the only thing keeping the UFC giving him fights to keep him around. Werdum already washed out of the UFC once. Do you not remember that? It was by one of those "not competing at the high level guys". Fedor is retired. Barnett is about to get some UFC medicine. I wont waste my time on Hunt lol. Cro Cop is retired, Heath Herring is retired. If you are not a draw. The UFC doesnt keep you around for eternity. So your one saving grace with active Pride HW's is a super roided Overeem?

The UFC recycles everyone. Pride fighters are newer to the UFC seen. It has been around 4 years now and that is about how long people last in the UFC. As you see now NOg is washed up and is on his way out. His name built in Pride is the only thing keeping the UFC giving him fights to keep him around. Werdum already washed out of the UFC once. Do you not remember that? It was by one of those "not competing at the high level guys". Fedor is retired. Barnett is about to get some UFC medicine. I wont waste my time on Hunt lol. Cro Cop is retired, Heath Herring is retired. If you are not a draw. The UFC doesnt keep you around for eternity. So your one saving grace with active Pride HW's is a super roided Overeem?

Tito Ortiz had run of 1-7 and they didnt cut him :D

Nog returned from PRIDE and was UFC hw champion :) Sure that was almost 5years a go and now he is out of it and probably will soon retire but still that shows at what stat UFC hw division was at that time. Werdum was 2-2 in UFC and lost to JDS who is HW champ at this point and now he is 2-0 in UFC but still he wasnt also that good in PRIDE but he is learning looks like now hes at his peak. Yes Fedor is retired. Barnett will not be UFC champ or close to that but still he shows that he was a level above at those UFC fighers at the time who now would not even be close to getting in UFC. Hunt 3-1 in UFC so yes I will also dont waste time to explaine. Cro Cop and Herring yes are retired. Overeem will fight for tittle thats for 100% will he get it ? I dont know but he is top 5 HW in world thats for 100%.

So these are 4 fighter who still compete in UFC from PRIDE days but there is only 1 who compete from PRIDE days who was in UFC at that time and its Frank Mir who will never be champ and probably soon will retire but still he is good figher but still its 1 to 4 so the talant level shows there.

Tito Ortiz had run of 1-7 and they didnt cut him :D

Nog returned from PRIDE and was UFC hw champion :) Sure that was almost 5years a go and now he is out of it and probably will soon retire but still that shows at what stat UFC hw division was at that time. Werdum was 2-2 in UFC and lost to JDS who is HW champ at this point and now he is 2-0 in UFC but still he wasnt also that good in PRIDE but he is learning looks like now hes at his peak. Yes Fedor is retired. Barnett will not be UFC champ or close to that but still he shows that he was a level above at those UFC fighers at the time who now would not even be close to getting in UFC. Hunt 3-1 in UFC so yes I will also dont waste time to explaine. Cro Cop and Herring yes are retired. Overeem will fight for tittle thats for 100% will he get it ? I dont know but he is top 5 HW in world thats for 100%.

So these are 4 fighter who still compete in UFC from PRIDE days but there is only 1 who compete from PRIDE days who was in UFC at that time and its Frank Mir who will never be champ and probably soon will retire but still he is good figher but still its 1 to 4 so the talant level shows there.

Nog was never HW champ in the ufc. He had a fake belt(interm belt) as Carwin called it. Never the real thing. Nog will never be the actual HW champ and Mir Actually Held the UFC HW belt until the bike accident he had. SO your facts are off bro.

Nog was never HW champ in the ufc. He had a fake belt(interm belt) as Carwin called it. Never the real thing. Nog will never be the actual HW champ and Mir Actually Held the UFC HW belt until the bike accident he had. SO your facts are off bro.

Interim belt is perfectly legit especially given Nog went on to beat Couture who held the "real" belt at the time Nog had the interim, Nog would've held the UFC title if they hadn't played silly buggers to set up Mir vs Lesnar, also, Nog beat the same person for his belt that Mir did lol

You seem to be comparing who the better fighter was, and between the two Mir came out on top twice. I am not a Mir fan. Personally, I like Nog better, since I tend to let how I feel about a fighter outside the cage help decide my opinion on them. That still doesn't change that Mir is the better fighter.

NOg got an interim title shot he never earned. He beat Heath Herring a 3rd time and was given that interim title shot because the UFC wanted to send Sylvia packing. Nog was never the real champ. The only way he could have been and the reason the interim belt exists is in case them real champ doesnt return and is stripped. Then Nog would have been the real champ. But he wasnt. He lost his interim label his next fight vs Mir. Couture was never stripped and comeback and lost to Brock.

Nog only real meaningful win in the UFC is Tim Sylvia. Even though he got his ass kicked for 3 rounds in that fight. He won. Couture was old and his chin was gone which is why he was dropped so many times and lost that fight. He out boxed Nog until he got clipped. Schuab is kind of a gate keeper. He is unpolished and looks good verses the right opponent. BUt even though he was a 3-1 favorite over NOg i knew Nog would beat him. I wont a shit load of money on it too. Schuab just isnt very good. NOg hasnt done very well in the UFC at all IMO.

Interim belt is perfectly legit especially given Nog went on to beat Couture who held the "real" belt at the time Nog had the interim, Nog would've held the UFC title if they hadn't played silly buggers to set up Mir vs Lesnar, also, Nog beat the same person for his belt that Mir did lol

That is a rather large assumption. How do you know he would have ever made it up the ranks to Couture who had the belt? Whose to say that his next fight still wouldnt have been Mir? Whose to say Couture wouldnt have had to defend against MIr and Mir would have been champ? What we do know is NOg never earn a title shot. He didnt earn it beating Herring for a 3rd time and beating Sylvia only put him in as one of the contenders. He still would have to have beat a MIr, Brock, Arlovski. He could have also gotten Gonzaga who would have smashed him and in the mix at the time. Dos Santos was ranked by this time. Nog had a very long way to go to be the real champ.

NOg got an interim title shot he never earned.

Blaaaaaablablablaaaaa. Tank did earn his title shot of course. Noggy earned his title shot just as much as 95% of all UFC title challengers.

Blaaaaaablablablaaaaa. Tank did earn his title shot of course. Noggy earned his title shot just as much as 95% of all UFC title challengers.

He didn't have to earn it dip shit! He was a last second replacement.

Download the Ed Soares app so I can understand you!

strong argument my buddy :) by the fact Brazilians are the best fighters in the world so stop hating on them! They whoope your spoiled american asses EASY!