Official TUF - Australia Vs The Poms

Stu_Pidasol

Just like in the 2003 and 2007 Rugby World Cup meetings and the last 2 Ashes series'...oh wait...

The Australian response to losing the Ashes was to send Shane Warne over to nail Liz Hurley, I think we came out ahead.

As a random observation, English people seem to love our crap: Neighbours, Fosters beer, Shane Warne..

As a random observation, English people seem to love our crap: Neighbours, Fosters beer, Shane Warne..

I can speak with fair confidence that nobody likes Fosters, it's usually the choice of people who don't have a job and can't afford to drink decent beer!

Fosters beer tastes like a Hobo's Piss (Not know through experience) just the adverts have decent levels of banter in them.

In terms of Gym i thought we were all gonna go in 1 gym and work it so one team spars in the AM and skills/Physicals in the PM and the other spars PM skills/physicals in the AM. and if people are worries about sparring numbers could say everyone is allowed to bring 1 Sparbot with them so its like the series when they bring coaches to help out :)

As far as the org goes i think the best bet is using darlotom5 since he has offered to create an org just to host the events and as far as the format, org, the city its in and where and how we all should train i think we should just put it to a vote and majority wins. That seems the easiest way to me since we don't seem to be working anything out at the moment.

• Upvote 1

Good plan. Formats we have to pick from are:

Option 1) the 8 vs 8 first week and 4 vs 4 following week repeated system.

Option 2) the league format where all 8 UK fighters face all 8 Australia fighters once each.

Option 3) the standard TUF knockout tournament format with one individual fight every 3 days and the winning team selecting the next fight.

If all 16 managers vote for their preferred format we can take it from there. Please don't sit on the fence and say "I don't mind either way". Everyone will have at least a small preference, and I'm sure nobody will be offended if a few people disagree or whatever, I certainly wont be! We've all just weighed in with ideas really! Creation is less than 2 weeks away we so need to make a start on this! I sign in every day so running the org for the tournament wont be a problem for me.

I'll get the ball rolling and vote for Option 3, the TUF 16 man knockout tournament format.

I just messaged the guy who did the Team uniform designs in the original thread about providing free designs and clothing in exchange for an event partnership with the TUF Aus vs UK org and a 100% share in merch sales at each event. Not sure if the guy is involved directly in the tournament or not but I like the idea of each fighter having Aus or UK jerseys and stuff so this could work out well for fighters not having to shell out for uniforms and do a clothing company a favor without it costing any of us directly.

We need to decide on a basic contract system. I suggest a straight 1000/1000/1000 deal for all fighters, which will cover training expenses. We can make it higher if people prefer, I'm not interested in turning a profit for myself with this, but I thought that the profit each event makes could go into a prize pool for the overall winner of the tournament. It looks like the league system is the most popular so far, so if that format gets the most overall votes and we have an 8 fight card every 2 weeks it'll be easy to make a profit on events and create a big prize pot for the eventual winner.

I like option B.

As for contracts I'm not fussed, I think most of the managers taking part aren't strapped for cash, I'm happy to cover anyone on the UK team if they are ever struggling for gym money etc.

This is more about the fun of taking part for me, not really looking at it as needing to make money.

Of course what ever money we can get involved would ideally be used as prize money, perhaps mainly given to the winning team but with a larger cut for the most succesful inviduals or something.

I just messaged the guy who did the Team uniform designs in the original thread about providing free designs and clothing in exchange for an event partnership with the TUF Aus vs UK org and a 100% share in merch sales at each event. Not sure if the guy is involved directly in the tournament or not but I like the idea of each fighter having Aus or UK jerseys and stuff so this could work out well for fighters not having to shell out for uniforms and do a clothing company a favor without it costing any of us directly.

I made the clothing in the other thread. And yeah Im on Team Australia. Go the green & gold!

PS. Ive been playing this game since dec 09 & nobody ever remembers who I am lol :P

I made the clothing in the other thread. And yeah Im on Team Australia. Go the green & gold!

PS. Ive been playing this game since dec 09 & nobody ever remembers who I am lol :P

Boooo! Haha, just kidding! Just got your message and glad to have the clothing deal and merch partnership in place! Thanks a lot, just another component that's going to make this thing awesome!

I'm going to create the org a little later when I get off work. It seems the League system is going to be the most popular by quite a long way so here's how I propose everything will work: (Again, sorry it might turn out to be quite long!)

I'm simply going to name the org: The Smashes: Team Australia vs Team UK and base it in Sydney, which means fights will happen at 8am in the UK, and 6pm in Australia.

After creation on the 21st of October we will have 2 weeks for training and preparation, and the first round of fights will be 4th of November, and then every 2 weeks from then on.

The league will be scored on a points system: 3 points for a stoppage win, 2 points for a decision win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss. The team who amasses the most points after all 8 UK fighters have fought all 8 Australia fighters will be the winner. If points are tied then the most total wins will be the first tiebreaker. If total wins are tied then the most total stoppages will be the second tiebreaker.

I suggest we use the team lists from earlier in the thread to dictate the first round of fights. Each team member has a number from 1 to 8 in no particular order other than team captains are both number 1. So I suggest the first round of fights is number 1 vs number 1, number 2 vs number 2, number 3 vs number 3 etc.

Control of match ups goes the same as the league, whichever team gets the most points each week selects all 8 match ups for the following week, though obviously the longer the tournament goes on the less options you will have and the final week will be pre determined.

After the league is done the top 4 overall fighters (regardless of teams) will advance to a seeded playoffs to determine the overall individual winner. 1st place will fight 4th place and 2nd place will fight 3rd place with the two winners facing off at the grand finale. At this point team mate vs team mate becomes fair game.

If a fighter has an injury or a cut at the time of a fight they may forfeit that fight but a loss will be added to their tally and their teams tally and the opposing team and fighter will be awarded a stoppage win and 3 points. The same penalty goes for any fighter/manager who declines or does not accept a fight.

Fighters MUST NOT be released once the tournament is underway, even if your fighter is say 0-5 after the first 5 rounds. If anyone breaks this rule they will not be allowed to bring in a replacement, they will forfeit all of their remaining fights and will be relieved of all involvement with the tournament including possible prizes at the end. Seems harsh but it's the only way to ensure a fair and good tournament! There will be winners and losers here, this is the risk we all take by entering!

As far as contracts go, it seems we have enough managers with money to bankroll their teams if needs be so I will simply offer each fighter an 8 fight deal with a 1/1/1 salary and we can put 100% of the profit generated by each event into the prize pool, and will offer the top 4 guys, and any fighters wishing to compete in the semi finals and finals cards 2 fight extensions when the league phase is over. I will post the post event break down on this thread (or a new one) after each event so everyone knows what's happening and we can start designating prizes. My suggestion would be each member of the winning team wins something like $25k and the overall winning fighter/manager wins big, $250k or something.

Everyone cool with the rules and details?