HMFL Smack Talk Thread

HMFL 92

Greetings and salutations fight fans! This is Slick Nik coming from the heart of Canada at Hardcore Montreal Fight League! This amazing event will be taking place at the Hard Knocks Arena where I predict will be filled to the rafters! Also I want to thank our Merchandise Partner: Backyard Fighting for partnering with us and also being in attendance for this fight card. I still can’t get over the Chicken Suits!

This Friday we have HMFL 92: Overeem vs Js! This card will be one for the ages! For this fight we have one Lightweight fight, four Welterweight fights, one Middleweight fight, two Light Heavyweight fights and two Heavyweight fights on this card. Don’t miss this event! This one is going to be absolutely spectacular! Here we go folks!

The first fight of the night will be in the Welterweight division pitting the former #1 pound for pound king, Hall of Famer “The World Renowned” Waldorf Astoria (38-20) vs. the always dangerous Hu “Bitcher” Kokov (11-4-1). Astoria at one point was the #1 pound for pound in the world. He achieved this accolade by using his superb boxing and muay thai skills achieved 13 KO’s and TKO’s, and 24 decision victories. But the “Bitcher” will be no walk in the park. He is on a three fight win streak utilizing his wonderful striking and exceptional wrestling skills to get the best of his opponents. In this fight, Kokov excels in every category. Even though he is a BJJ brown belt, we have yet to see him use these skills. Astoria is a cardio machine which will be his main asset in this match. If he can utilize the clinch the right way, he can slow down Kokov and drain a lot of his energy. But if “Bitcher” can avoid those clinches and stay towards the outside, his striking no doubt can win him this fight.

The second fight of the night is Mikiya “Teaks” Hayashida (0-0) vs. Jerry “The Butcher” Butler (1-0). Both of these men are new to the sport which means both of these men want to make an impact in this organization. “Teaks” will be making his MMA debut in this bout while “The Butcher has already won his first fight by KO via head kick. In this fight Hayashida has a clear advantage in his Muay Thai abilities. His respectable skills are going to be a forced to be reckoned with being that he is highly skilled in this area. But Butler on the other hand is very well rounded. His wrestling and striking is slightly better to make him a threat standing as well as on the ground. If “Teaks” is able to utilize the clinch or throw good elbows or kicks, this fight will be as good as his. But if Butler can stay away from the clinch and possibly take the fight to the ground, where he has a better chance, he’ll be able to mark a W in the win column.

The third fight on this card is another fight in the Welterweight division between “Winning” Nicolas Refn (22-24-1) and Cappy Christian (7-5). Refn is a highly honored fighter employing his exceptional wrestling and superb striking abilities to get the better of his opponents. Cappy Christian is on a three fight win strak trying to rise in the ranks in this division. He is very dangerous on his feet using his exceptional knees and elbows to cut his opponents and win in a dangerous fashion. If “Winning” wants to win this fight it will have to be on the ground. If he can take Christian down and impose his will, he can out wrestle him and also throw in some good ground and pound in the mix for a possible victory. But if Christian can avoid the takedowns and utilize his world-class striking abilities, he can bust his opponent open with his dangerous elbows for a treacherous victory.

The next fight is another fight in the Welterweight division putting together Aristos Ioannidis (5-7) and Random (Task) Collective (14-16-1). Both of these men want to make a name for themselves in this division so a win for either of these men will greatly boost their morale. Ioannidis won the majority of his fights using his remarkable striking abilities to get the better of his opponents. Collective on the other hand is a very skilled mat wrestler utilizing his sensational wrestling abilities to levy his opponents for a decisive victory. If “Task” wants to win this fight, he is going to have to score an early takedown and work a good wresting game to impose his will to get the better of his opponent to get a decisive victory. But Ioannidis is really going to have to make quick work of his opponent. He must utilize his amazing speed to set up a quick and well placed knockout. Both of these men need a good hard fought victory. Whoever can employ their skills first will be the ones who come out on top.

The next fight is in the Middleweight division. It will be Christopher “The Infamous” Walken (2-1) vs James Afolabi (4-9). Both of these men are early in their careers looking to make a name for themselves in this division. “The Infamous” uses his remarkable striking and takedowns which are his biggest strengths. Afolabi has a strong advantage in BJJ where it has led him to three fight of the night honors. Despite Walken’s good wrestling abilities, I think he will choose to stay on his feet. Any chance that he goes to the ground he’ll be in grave danger of getting submitted. “The Infamous” has very heavy hands which in this fight will be his bread and butter. If he can avoid takedowns he will be a knockout away from his next victory. Afolabi does have a slight disadvantage on the feet in this fight so I believe he’ll change levels in this fight very quickly for the better. If he is able to utilize his BJJ skills, the submission victory is his.

On to the main card! The first fight on the main card will be in the Light Heavyweight division between Bill “Last Chance” Annvnaki (25-15-1) and Dirt McGirt (5-11). McGirt is heading into this fight a heavy underdog. He is on a four fight losing streak and needs a win very badly. “Last Chance” highly excels in every area giving his a supposed clear advantage in every aspect of this fight but there is always room for upset. McGirt is a very determined fighter as well as a brawler. He has a knockout of the night honor that really counts for something. But Annvnaki is looking to shut him down with ether his submission skills or world class striking abilities that has given him 11 career knockouts. If Dirt McGirt can guard well and use his toughness he may be able to win this fight. His best skill is his wrestling ability. If he can control the fight on the ground and throw accurate ground and pound I do see an upset victory in the making! But if “Last Chance” can break McGirt on the feet, a knock out does seem imminent.

The next fight will be another fight in the Light Heavyweight division pitting two early undefeated fighters Pat “One Punch” Mc Donald (1-0) and Ian Mackaye (1-0) to go head to head. “One Punch” has a huge advantage on the feet with his wonderful striking abilities making his a force to be reckoned with on the feet. Mackaye on the other hand is a very well rounded fighter with very competent skills. Ian Mackaye’s game plan may be to go to the ground being that he is severely outmatched on the feet. If he can score an early takedown and avoid his opponent power shots, he can utilize his wrestling for another decisive win victory. But Mc Donald won’t be that easy to beat. If he can avoid the commanding takedowns from Mackaye, he may be on the road to stay undefeated and possible his first KO victory.

The following fight will be an exciting fight in the Lightweight division, Brian “BK” King (8-9) is looking to derail highly skilled BJJ Black belt “Mighty” Mos Def (16-7). King is outmatched in every aspect of this match but there is always room for upsets! Inside the clinch is where King may be able to pose a bit of opposition. He has very underrated knees that will have to be looked out for. He also has a granite-like chin that may prove to be frustrating for his opponent. If “BK” is able to keep his opponent of his feet and plug away timing his shots perfectly and correctively defend himself he could be able to get a much needed victory. But Mos Def will not make it easy for him. Him best asset is his BJJ Black belt. If he is able to break through his toughness and take him down, the fight will be a done deal quickly on the ground.

On to the Co-Main Event! We have a Welterweight bout where we have to fighters looking to be in top contendership. He have “Hack and Slash” Jorgip Wallrium (11-10) and Rural “Alberta” Advantage (16-14). Both of these men pride themselves on knockouts but “Alberta” is very much more skilled. He has to his name 12 KO’s already with remarkable Muay Thai abilities. And also he has a Brown belt in BJJ that he has yet to exploit. “Hack and Slash” is slightly out skilled in this bout but he is very tough. He uses his quick knees and elbows that complement his Muay Thai skills. He also has dangerous low kicks that his opponent will have to look out for. If Rural Advantage wants to win this fight, the safest route will have to be on the ground. If he is able to use his superb takedowns and keep this fight on the ground, he can tally so good ground and pound or utilize his superior submission skills. But Wallrium will not let him win that easily. If he can keep this fight standing and use his speed to his advantage, this fight will be good as his.

Now for the Main Event on our Card! We have a titian-like fight between “Demolition Man” Cees Overeem (33-32) and the former Heavyweight Champion “El Maestro” Bach Js (17-8). Overeem is on the road to receiving his first title but the former champ is looking to stop his chances to he can regain the title himself. Overeem is an absolute beast having 29 career knockouts! More than anyone in the division! His Muay Thai skills are also top notch where is has unparalleled knees. But “El Maestro” will have none of that! He has sensational wrestling to match his BJJ Black Belt making him an absolute terror on the ground. He has seven submissions to account for as well as unstoppable takedowns. “Demolition Man” has excellent submission defense but I don’t think he’ll take his chances on the ground. If he’s looking to win this fight he should positively keep this fight standing and Overeem may be on his way to another knockout victory and maybe next in line for a title shot. But Js will not be taken lightly! If he can utilize his wrestling abilities to set up his unstoppable submission, he may be able to make “Demolition Man” tap.

And that’s all folks! I would like to thank everyone for making this organization as great as it is. If it wasn’t for our great fans, managers, fighters and HMFL President we wouldn’t be where we are today. I wish the best for the fighters on the upcoming fight card and hope for the best. Thank you for joining be and until next time! This is Slick Nik signing out and don’t forget, No Holds Barred!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

whats up guys. Legendary here and I will be doing the match-making and posters, so if you want to call a guy out or want a match vs another fighter, post it here or pm me in game. Also grudge matches and rubber matches are great too for fighters and for the org. any questions just hit me up and we will go from there. On to the next one. Also from time to time we might do super fights if the timing is right and place and might add a prize to sweeten it up etc. lots of new ideas just need the time and plan to get it done. Like a good ol mustang, gone in 60 sec.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This Week In Evil #1

This very first thing that needs to be mentioned is that there is really twelve owners all baring The Evil Empire name, and yes they are in fact in all twelve cities. Some are very established and some are brand new and we have everything in between. We are going to take a look at where everyone stands today as organizations.

#12 Evil Hostility Hilo- Now they are last in their city ranked number five and they are ranked one hundred and eighteenth worldwide but EHH has yet to run an event. EHH is currently signing fighters of all weight classes and with so few organizations in Hilo they should be off and running with a full roster shortly.

#11 Evil Evolution- Currently ranked just above EHH in the world at one hundred and sixteen they become the second organization to be dead last in their home city. Once again just like EHH they have yet to host an event. They have two events on the books and will be kicking off what should be a good long run in Tokyo on Sunday March 30th.

#10 Evil L.A. Fight League- This will mark the third organization in a row to not host an event yet. With L.A. being a crowded market ELAFL has decided to just focus on Featherweights and Light Heavyweights to start building their reputation up. Even though they are the highest of the ranked organizations to not hold an event yet, I think they are the furthest away. We will have to see in the weeks to come.

#9 Evil 9- One event down and three more on the books for Evil 9 and they have a nice lead on the three organizations behind them. Evil 9 is inside the top one hundred and with some good event in the next few weeks and they could be competing for number eight.

#8 Evil HERITAGE- HERITAGE has the up and coming Evil 9 chasing them down while they are in a battle for number seven. Currently being seventy sixth in the world they are only a few spots away from number seven in the Evil Empire and could even over take number six with some strong events.

#7 Evil Empire: Amsterdam- EEA is right in the middle of the second little grouping of organizations by world rank. They are ranked seventh in Amsterdam and seventy third in the world and only six spots away from moving in Evil Empire position number six. To move up to sixth and really start competing with the top five they will need to consider opening another division and try to grab some well hyped free agents.

#6 Evil Troid- The first organization on this list to crack the top seventy Troid is surprisingly in a bad place. The higher you get ranked the harder it is for you to improve and sitting just outside the top five means they will struggle to gain while everyone else is just chasing them down. They are currently ranked sixty seventh in the world and only hold a six spot lead on EEA. I could see it being a major struggle for Troid to crack the top five with the 215k ID restriction.

#5 Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League- Ranked number five in the Evil Empire and ranked number five in Montreal but they are in the top fifty in the world. They have a good lead with the five spot and they are not far behind number four. EHMFL is open id and they have a big event coming up on Saturday so they could get even closer to the number four spot.

#4 Evil Forbidden Violence- Frank King has done just one hell of a job out in Vegas. He is currently ranked number forty and he is looking to maintain a firm grasp on the number four slot. If he can improve EFV more than he has in the past month or two we could see him in the top twenty worldwide. I think everyone should take a look at his bonus structure because things like that attract fighters and managers.

#3 Evil Empire: Throwdown- This is the only organization to currently hold the number one rank in their city. They are also the first org appearing on this list to have cracked the top twenty. I did see an event scheduled but with no fights confirmed yet so I cannot pass judgment if they are moving up or down this week. Throwdown has a comfortable lead on EFV and they are only six spots from the number one slot in The Evil Empire so I hope they get some big fights on this next event.

#2 Evil Siberian Fight League- Currently ranked sixteen in the world and number two in their city as well as The Evil Empire. They have a huge event coming up this week and would like to explode into the top ten. If they do that they will pass up The Evil Empire New York and overtake first place. ESFL I think is the most equipped org to hold the number one slot for a long time.

#1 The Evil Empire: New York- Number eleven globally, number three in their city, and number one in The Evil Empire is a nice feat. I would say they have no issue getting into the top ten but with no event scheduled this week they are going to drop, the question is how far? Will they still be number one in The Evil Empire and will they still be number three in New York? The answer is no. They could keep their ranking in New York but with the event that ESFL will be holding they should easily jump EENY for number one in The Evil Empire.

This ranking list is real interesting to me. There are small clusters of orgs almost like divisions. Twelve through nine are all extremely close, eight, seven and six are bunched together, four and five are very close, and one through three I think will battle with each other for a while. I personally can’t wait to see people start getting jumped in rankings spots, and what some of the owners do to try and get their spot back.

Now that we have seen where each of the organizations has fallen for this week I would like to look at the best events of last week. We all know that event rating is the most important thing to an event, the organization, and the owner so took the top five events by rating within The Evil Empire so you can see who is moving up, down, or just maintaining.

#5- March twentieth Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League held HMFL Fight Night 30. With a big title fight main event and several other decent hyped fights EHMFL was able to pull out a 168.67 event rating. Since they are ranked fifth within The Evil Empire I am sure they would have preferred to finish higher on this list to make sure nobody was chasing them down.

#4- FV#12 Leave it in the Cage on March 22nd scored a 186.56 on the rating. Evil Forbidden Violence is nearing that two hundred mark and they will need to quickly exceed it to move up in the rankings. They do have a big event coming up this week which will have two title fights on so the two hundred thresh hold could get beat then.

#3- SFL 80 had a rating of 311.14 and was on pay per view. The main event was a huge title fight for the ESFL welterweight title featuring Alex Mercer against Andrew Kehoe. I am sure ending up third on this list is not what they had in mind, but I think next week will be a much bigger week for them.

#2- Evil Empire Throwdown 10 ended with a 322.53 rating. Throwdown held their event in a smaller venue then ESFL and it was not on pay per view but they were still able to edge out a better rating. EET did have two title fights on their event line up and I am sure that aided them into the number two spot. By beating out ESFL they were able to get right up next to them in the rankings. Another event like this could push them past Evil Siberian Fight League taking them to number two.

#1- Evil Empire 1 was our number one event. It was the only event to go over the four hundred mark as they hit 452.09. This event was also a pay per view and it almost hit thirty thousand in sales. Only one title fight on the event and it did not make the main card so this was done on just pure fighter hype. EENY could further their place as the number one organization if they had an even scheduled this week. Since their next event will not take place until April 5th they could be pushed as far back as third.

Obviously you want to get on this list if you are not in the top five organizations because that means you are gaining on the competition. It will be difficult to break on to these ranking because the higher hyped fighters sign with the higher hyped orgs but it can be done. As a matter of fact I have predicted next week’s top five shows and it does feature some people that where not on this week’s list. With EENY not holding an event this week and with Throwdown not having any confirmed fights I had to leave them out, but things can change as these are just my best guess.

#5- Evil Empire Amsterdam: EEA 7 Damozzi vs Bishop on Sunday March 30th

#4- Evil Evolution: EE #1 Blood, Sweat, and Tears on Sunday March 30th

#3- Evil Forbidden Violence: FV #13 No Regrets on Saturday March 29th

#2- Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League: HMFL Mayhem by Slick Nik on Saturday March 29th

#1- Evil Siberian Fight League: SFL 81 on Saturday March 29th

If I am correct on my predictions here I can see ESFL over taking EENY. Regardless if SFL can pass EENY or not there will be a lot of shake up in the rankings for next week. Let’s move on to the Of The Week Awards. I took down the top five knockouts, submissions, and fights of the week, and hopefully soon I will find a sponsor to pay out the fighters that hit number one. We will do submissions then knockouts and finish up with fights. Anyone reading this that would like to sponsor OTW awards please get into contact with me so I know how much the fighters will receive.

Submissions

#5 Bruno Santos submitted Carlos Abuate with an Arm Triangle at HERITAGE 39 at 4:56 of the first round

#4 Romulo Barral submitted Billy Torpedo with a Triangle Armbar at T10: Live and Die at :58 of the first round

#3 Love Aikawa submitted Harry Callahan with an Americana at SFL 80 at 1:58 of the first round

#2 Babandiishe Chimutengwende submitted Alexander Volkov with a Triangle Armbar at EEA 6 at 1:37 of the first round

#1 Mikio Okita submitted Caeser Augustus with a Triangle Choke at FV #12 at 1:56 of the third round.

Knockouts

#5 Alex Mercer defeats Andrew Kehoe via TKO do to strikes at 3:51 of round number two at SFL 80

#4 Tesco Vee defeats Phukyorselvf Uzannavabizch via TKO do to strikes at 1:23 of the fifth round at HMFL Fight Night 30

#3 Phan Benjawan defeats Roger Ring via knockout with a punch at :52 of the first round at T10

#2 Rauli Raunio defeats Rista Rpa via knockout with a punch at :16 of the first round at Evil 9: New Age

#1 Winston Cole defeats Ron Kane via knockout with a head kick at 4:55 of the first round at EE1

Fights of the Week

#5 Jermaine Barksdale defeats Jethro Savage by unanimous decision after five rounds at FV #12

#4 Bors Hill defeats Mos Def by TKO via slam at :45 second of round three at HMFL Fight Night 30

#3 Simon Williams defeats Holy Jenova by TKO do to strikes at :05 of round three at EE1

#2 Spiral Stairs defeats Uzbek Krasavchik by submission Triangle Choke at 3:55 of the fifth round at EEA6

#1 Musashi Kato defeats Kazushi Sakuraba by unanimous decision after five rounds at EET 10

As I said earlier I am looking for a sponsor to pay out bonuses for these and I might be able to afford it on my own in the next few weeks. The only rankings we have left for you is the weight divisions and the pound for pound. I will do the top five of each weight class and the top ten pound for pound fighters in The Evil Empire. I was going to do a Fantasy Tycoon segment but considering how much this already is I chose to leave it out. If you would like to see a segment dedicated to Fantasy Tycoon just send me a message and I will consider doing it in the future. On to the fighters lists.

Bantamweight 135lbs

#5 Mike Corey Jr from Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 51st at bantamweight and 1184th P4P

#4 CJ Johnson from Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 30th at bantamweight and 844th P4P

#3 Yoko Gushiken from The Evil Empire New York, ranked 13th at bantamweight and 414th P4P

#2 Barney Rubble from Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 7th at bantamweight and 175th P4P

#1 Stem Cell from Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 5th at bantamweight and 116th P4P

If there was a world title already I guess we would see Stem Cell take on Barney Rubble for it. I think that would be a great fight and it could send the winner to the top 50 P4P or even better. Congratulations to Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League for dominating the bantamweight division by holding three of the five spots.

Featherweight 145lbs

#5 Bruce Gracie from Evil Forbidden Violence, ranked 159th at Featherweight and 1901st P4P

#4 Ivan ORourke Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 146th at featherweight and 1786th P4P

#3 Caol Uno from Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 118th at featherweight and 1420th P4P

#2 Leroy Morris The Evil Empire New York, ranked 71st at featherweight and 835th P4P

#1 Tyrion Lannister Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 15th at featherweight and 133rd P4P

Evil Siberian Fight League had the most appearances at featherweight with two so congratulations to them. The dream matchup would of course be Lannister (ESFL) against Morris (EENY) and that would be one hell of a fight.

Lightweight 155lbs

#5 Braddley Johnson Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 134th at lightweight and 1269th P4P

#4 Lyoto Parks The Evil Empire New York, ranked 103rd at lightweight and 905th P4P

#3 Heavy Damage Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 74th at lightweight and 632nd P4P

#2 Esteban Delgado The Evil Empire New York, ranked 73rd at lightweight and 631st P4P

#1 Metin Eroglu Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 57th at lightweight and 507th P4P

Second division in a row that features EENY and ESFL at the one and two positions they also tied for lead of the division with both having two fighters in the top five. Once we have a system set up for orgs to face off against each other these two seem like the front runners. Delgado versus Eroglu would be a very interesting fight and worthy of any main event spot.

Welterweight 170lbs

#5 Shawn Wexler Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 106th at welterweight and 775th P4P

#4 Tatsua Aoki Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 105th at welterweight and 773rd P4P

#3 Andrew Kehoe Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 56th at welterweight and 419th P4P

#2 Krystian Wojnasiewicz Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 30th at welterweight and 245th P4P

#1 Alex Mercer Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 25th at welterweight and 213th P4P

This will mark the third division in row in which ESFL won or was tied for the lead of most top five fighters for the weight class. Mercer and Kehoe just faced each other in an epic battle and that is what propelled Mercer above Wojnasiewicz. Two top thirty’s at welterweight would serve as a proper world title fight I think.

Middleweight 185lbs

#5 Ricard Cuenca Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 46th at middleweight and 328th P4P

#4 Damon Pierce Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 41st at middleweight and 299th P4P

#3 Kazushi Sakuraba Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 36th at middleweight and 275th P4P

#2 Rufus McTearson Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 24th at middleweight and 206th P4P

#1 Tweedle Dee The Evil Empire New York, ranked 7th at middleweight and 58th P4P

Throwdown had the most representatives at middleweight but both of them failed to make the number one or two spot. If we were scheduling title fights this would be our third EENY against ESFL matchups out of five divisions so far.

Light Heavyweight 205lbs

#5 Randy Orton The Evil Empire New York, ranked 45th at light heavyweight and 316th P4P

#4 Tesco Vee Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 43rd at light heavyweight and 304th P4P

#3 Thomas Stark The Evil Empire New York, ranked 38th at light heavyweight and 270th P4P

#2 Huges De Payens Evil Sibirean Fight League, ranked 33rd at light heavyweight and 241st P4P

#1 Dane Brigglett Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 21st at light heavyweight and 153rd P4P

The Evil Empire New York has two fighters in the ranking giving them the most. The top two Brigglett (EET) and De Payens (ESFL) would be the two to face each other and that is a fight I want to see.

Heavyweight 265lbs

#5 Marcus Dantes Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 62nd at heavyweight and 401st P4P

#4 Andrzej Niedzwiedzki Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 40th at heavyweight and 232nd P4P

#3 Simon Williams The Evil Empire New York, ranked 24th at heavyweight and 129th P4P

#2 Douglas Quaid Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 22nd at heavyweight and 115th P4P

#1 Lan Mandragoran Evil Empire Throwdown, ranked 8th at heavyweight and 30th P4P

If we could get a Quaid Mandragoran fight and Lan wins he could be in the top 20 P4P, and then again if Quaid wins he would be in the top 50 P4P so either way it would greatly benefit both of them. This might be the best fight The Evil Empire could put on as a whole not just individual orgs. Evil Siberian Fight League won the division with two fighters appearing in the top five.

Super Heavyweight 265+lbs

#5 Mr. legendary Evil Siberian Fight League, ranked 73rd at super heavyweight and 3150th P4P

#4 Jimmy James Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 51st at super heavyweight and 940th P4P

#3 Ogusrivimus Amauimus Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 50th at super heavyweight and 938th P4P

#2 Uinicius Cavalcante The Evil Empire New York, ranked 34th at super heavyweight and 686th P4P

#1 Po Panda Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League, ranked 26th at super heavyweight and 458th P4P

This is interesting as this has to be the worst division in The Evil Empire and it is only the second division to not feature an Evil Siberian Fight League fighter in the top two. It would be EENY against EHMFL at the battle of super heavyweight. Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League had three fighters crack the top five giving them the division.

Before we go on to the top ten pound for pound fighters I would like all the fighters involved with The Evil Empire to start striving to make this list. It will be updated weekly and this is what you should be gunning for. Once someone comes up with the clear cut solution to determine world champions contenders will be coming from this list I am sure. Do you want to win the championship at your base org? Yes you do, because it will help you get to the ultimate goal of having a chance to say you are the best in the world. Now on to the top ten pound for pound fighters in The Evil Empire.

#10 Alex Mercer welterweight from Evil Siberian Fight League

#9 Rufus McTearson middleweight from Evil Siberian Fight League

#8 Barney Rubble bantamweight from Evil Empire Throwdown

#7 Dane Brigglett light heavyweight from Evil Empire Throwdown

#6 Tyrion Lannister featherweight from Evil Siberian Fight League

#5 Simon Williams heavyweight from The Evil Empire New York

#4 Stem Cell bantamweight from Evil Hardcore Montreal Fight League

#3 Douglas Quaid heavyweight from Evil Siberian Fight League

#2 Tweedle Dee middleweight from The Evil Empire New York

#1 Lan Mandragoran heavyweight from Evil Empire Throwdown

There is is folks the top ten fighters that are currently apart of The Evil Empire. Only four org are represented in this list currently so if you do not have a fighter that made this list get out there and recruit, and make sure you are building hype threw your matchups. Honestly some of the orgs that have yet to hold an event could have fighters making this list in just a few months or less. It will come down to you as owners to get your fighters on this page.

Well that takes care of all of our rankings and the most time consuming thing I have done in a long time. All these stats and placements will be gathered on Sunday mornings so it can and will change dramatically over the course of a week. So if you sign someone or have a big fight on a Wednesday and your fighter is not showing up its because of their rank or status at the previous Sunday mark.

Well we are down to just two more segments of This Week in Evil. In this segment I am going to take a pole question for the readers. All answers should be sent to me in a PM and I will stop taking votes on Saturday night. Next week the poll results of this week’s question will be posted with some discussion and a new poll question will be put up. You will need to PM your vote to this question by searching for me. My manger ID is: 93217 and if you think you will be a regular when it comes to voting please bookmark me. Now that we have contact information let’s get on to the question.

What is more important to you when it comes to The Evil Empire?

1. Having a world championship for all weight classes
  2. Having world events and tournaments
  3. Being a part of something that could be game changing
  4. The ability to move fighters around without affecting title contention
  5. Other

Please be sure to send your vote in before Saturday or it will not be counted.

I wanted to do a little segment with ideas that I have about the idea behind the Evil twelve so I will set a paragraph or a page aside for that. That is where this paragraph is coming from. My helpful idea for the Evil 12 is a simple one this week, but it will greatly improve the entire group. I think that everyone should buddy up with another org. The closes by proximity that has one buddy being a top six and the other being in the bottom six. The top six should be looking at the fighters that will not receive a contract extension for whatever reason and try to send that fighter to its sister org. It will help the six orgs in the back of the rankings get a head of the non-Evil Empire organizations. The buddy system should also be used to host fights on each other’s cards as it will give a better rating to the lower orgs, and help the top orgs get some new opponents for their mid card range. Los Vegas and Las Angeles is a perfect example of this. When EFV knows they will not be resigning three fighters in the lightweight division that have 60+ hype plus popularity they should refer them to ELAFL since the distance is close and they would be contenders over there. Also once ELAFL is running events EFV could send two or three fighters over to do a few main event spots which will jump the event rating and allow a larger cash flow which of course leads to bigger names being able to be signed. This is just my thought and idea. I do have plenty more ideas that I will be throwing up on here so you will have to read weekly to see if there is anything good enough to jump on to and try to get all owners on board with it.

This Week in Evil will be posted on its own thread in the Fighter Interview sub forum where anyone can post comments or questions. I will also post it on each of the Evil twelve’s smack talk threads so each one of your fighters can see it. If someone posts a question or a comment on the smack talk threads I will not see it as I do not check the smack talk threads of orgs that I do not work or fight for. You will need to go to the Fighter Interview sub forum to post questions and comments. This thread would be a great thread to talk smack to fighters in other orgs that are a part of the Evil Twelve as it should get back to them with easy.

I have talked to a lot of fighters, managers, and owners with in The Evil Empire and a lot of you guys enjoy my work and I appreciate that. Now I know this is not like my typical work but I wanted to do something different and I had to make it enjoyable for maybe over 1500 different fighters when all 12 orgs become fully operational. With that being said I am thinking of adding a second Evil Empire show that focuses on interviews as I said before. There is also a chance that I will introduce a third weekly show that is more based on my current preview and review work where I do a review of the top ten fights and a preview for the weeks main events but we will see how much time I have available.

I would like to suggest to all the org owners to copy and paste this and send it out to all of your fighters. The reason behind it is that not all managers go to the forums and some people really enjoy the write ups and promos. Who knows it my make them what to bring their higher hyped fighters to your orgs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HMFL Rankings by WC:
©- CJ Johnson
(1)- Jose Cronos
(2)- Patrick Tracy
(3)- Ivan ORourke
(4)- Mike Corey Jr
(5)- Luis Barrera

©- Daken AKihiro
(1)- Krystian Wojnasiewicz
(2)- Akisame Hikaru
(3)- Freddy White
(4)- Bors Hill
(5)- Childish Gambino

©- Fernando Alves
(1)- Oliver Schwalle
(2)- Kazushi Sakuraba
(3)- Preston Leopold
(4)- Omar Little
(5)- Bradly Danielson

©- Ricard Cuenca
(1)- Dexter Morgan
(2)- Dickie Crash
(3)- Kyle Yikes
(4)- Tommy MacKenzie
(5)- Amin Sax

©- Tesco Vee
(1)- Cyprien Noe Cyr
(2)- Mason Archer
(3)- Michael Street
(4)- Shawn Geissen
(5)- Johan Axelsson

©- Andrzej Niedzwiedzki
(1)- Jacob Moonra
(2)- Cees Overeem
(3)- Donny Davis
(4)- Jimmy James
(5)- Ashy Larry

265+
©- Chubby Johnson
(1)- Alex Steel
(2)- Bartholomew Roberts
(3)- Ogustivimus Amavimus
(4)- Marcus Megnus Maximus
(5)- Klas Micropop

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/14011419881370829083hmflogo_zps2cf8b0b6.jpg

HMFL 117

Saturday, September 13th, 2014

Live From Hard Knocks in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

MAIN EVENT

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/20120917231025204948414_zps93577976.jpg

HMFL World Middleweight Title

Ricard "Basque Threat" Cuenca (18-4, 9-0 HMFL) vs. Dexter Morgan (16-6-1, 4-0 HMFL)

HMFL Middleweight Champion Ricard Cuenca hails from Barcelona, Spain, and is an elite level Muay Thai striker, who prefers to use his wrestling to keep the fight standing, and employ his deadly clinch game, counting on his granite chin to absorb any damage he might take. He holds a brown belt in jiu jitsu, but tends to use these skills defensively to get the fight back to the feet. Cuenca won the Title in his HMFL debut, and has held the belt since August 2013, defending the belt successfully on eight occasions, the last of which was a dominant performance in a Unanimous Decision victory over Tangerine Dream!

Dexter Morgan is a stone cold killer in the cage, known for his cold, emotionless fighting style, a well rounded striker, he prefers to fight from distance, with a devastating array of punches and kicks, and he has a strong defensive grappling game. He has won all four of his fights in the HMFL cage, and is coming off a second round TKO victory over Charles Stryker that earned him this shot at the title!

Prediction: Hard to bet against the champ at this point, his devastating clinch game, and granite chin will be the difference in what would be his 9th title defense! Cuenca by TKO (Round 3).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Bantamweight Bout

Yves "The Tiger" Jabouin (12-4, HMFL Debut) vs. "The Great Gazoo" Chong Zhu (14-7, 8-5 HMFL)

Yves Jabouin is a Muay Thai striker, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, finally coming to the home stage after a stint with the Ontario Fight Club! He has a strong clinch game, and devastating kicks, to go along with a granite chin! He comes off a 2-1 stint in the Ontario Fight Club, where he scored first round T/KO victories over both IP Freely, and Warwick Martigan, but is coming off a second round submission loss to Helio Perrera!

Chong Zhu is a well rounded striker, good with both his hands an feet, from Beijing, China. He has excellent cardio, able to keep up a high pace through the late moments of the fight. He has no problem with submitting a guy, with four submission victories to his name, thanks to his jiu jitsu brown belt! He has had an up and down career in the HMFL, but is coming off back to back victories over Manus Grant, by Unanimous Decision, and third round submission!

Prediction: Jabouin and Zhu have similar striking skill sets, but if Zhu can get the fight to the ground, he should have an advantage. Zhi by Submission (Round 2).

UNDERCARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Jomar Requina (16-9-1, HMFL Debut) vs. "The Kilt" Kjell Dillon (34-18, 1-4 HMFL)

Jomar Requina hails from Laguna in the Philippines, and is a devastating striker, who is losing his power with age, early in his career he was known for first round finishes, but he more often now goes to the judges scorecards. He works well in the clinch, and his granite chin allows him to take a lot of damage. He is on a run of bad form lately, losing his last three fights, dropping a decision to Jethro Savage in Dynamite in his last fight.

Kjell Dillon is a banger from Glasgow, Scotland, who claims he will never retire from fighting, and at the age of 43, looks set to make good on that claim. He has strong boxing, and a granite chin, and though he was a submission machine earlier in his career, seems more likely to stand and bang at this point in his career. His strong chin allows him to take the shots, but he has developed a tendency to cut, with all four of his HMFL losses coming by stoppage due to cuts. His lone win in HMFL was a brutal head kick knock out over Mikiya Hayashida, but he lost his last fight to Jacob Moonra by doctor stoppage (cut) in the first round.

Prediction: Requina is my fighter, so I will refrain from predicting due to my own bias.

Super Heavyweight Bout

Billy Bob (2-12, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Tee Nah (10-5, 7-4 HMFL)

Billy Bob is a Muay Thai striker from Hong Kong, who has middling Muay Thai skills, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He was dropped by his manager prior to this fight, and with that record one can certainly understand why. Completely demoralized, he lost his HMFL debutto Jon Grey, being submitted in just 29 seconds.

Tee Nah, from Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, is a devastating striker, with excellent boxing skills, and an emerging Muay Thai game. He has excellent cardio, and despite his penchant for first round T/KO victories, can go deep into the fight and maintain his pace. However, cuts have been the bane of his existence, with four of his five career losses coming by doctor stoppage. He recently snapped a two fight losing streak with a first round knock out over Tom Erikson!

Prediction: Likely to be a squash, as Nah has a vastly superior skill set, and Billy Bob has no morale. Nah by KO (Round 1).

Bantamweight Bout

Luis Barrera (17-19, 6-5 HMFL) vs. Cole "The dusten" Healey (1-8, HMFL Debut)

Luis Barrera, from Juarez, Mexico, is a jiu jitsu black belt, whose insane flexibility allows him to lock on submissions out of no where, while he can strike, and has pretty good boxing skills, he uses this mostly as a way to set up getting his opponent to the ground. A former HMFL Champion at Featherweight, Barrera has fought for an HMFL title on four different occasions, including his loss to Ivan O'Rourke for the 135 lbs title earlier this year. That loss being the first of back to back losses for Barrera, with his loss to Patrick Tracy by second round knock out in his last fight!

Cole Healey is not really on a level to be in this fight. A Muay Thai striker, his middling skills, and tendency to cut make him a heavy underdog in this fight. He has lost seven straight fights, the last four of them in the Quick Fighting Championship.

Prediction: Barrera has no trouble getting back to winning ways, with a superior skill set, and no morale for Healey. Barrera by Submission (Round 1).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Jack Pot (15-9, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Vic Vantrell (8-10, HMFL Debut)

Jack Pot, from Vatican City, is a beast on the ground, holding a black belt in jiu jitsu, along with strong wrestling skills, and is a cardio machine, despite a penchant for early finishes. He beat Dillon Weber twice in the first round in QFC's before making his HMFL debut, losing a Unanimous Decision to Run Forcover!

Vic Vantrell, from Birmingham, Alabama, USA, is a strong wrestler, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu, and an emerging striking game, and two Sub of the Night awards in his eight victories. Always determined to gain victory in the cage, he can be difficult to finish, with most of his losses going into the late rounds. He has not fought since November of 2013, when he earned a first round TKO victory over Sun Shine in REVO!

Prediction: Jack Pot has a superior skill set to Vantrell, and Vantrell has no morale, so will likely be a quick night for Jack Pot. Pot by Submission (Round 1).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Fred Zinisky (4-1, HMFL Debut) vs. Joe "Bagger" Bags (0-6, 0-1 HMFL)

Fred Zinisky is a home town boy from Montreal, a one dimensional striker, he is good with both his hands and feet, and prefers to fight at distance. He has little skill on the ground, relying on control to get the fight stood up. He has a granite chin, able to take a lot of damage. Despite his one dimensional skill set he has found success, with four straight victories, leading to a title shot in his last fight, for the ECFL Light Heavyweight Title, where he lost by second round TKO to Akeel Lynch!

Joe Bags, from Anjou, Brazil, is a Muay Thai fighter, with decent kicks, and some skill in the clinch, a very confident fighter, he keeps coming forward no matter what. However, six consecutive losses to start his career has left him with little in the way of morale, and he dropped a decision to Jeremy Lloris in his HMFL debut.

Prediction: No morale for Bags will make this a short fight. Zinisky by Knock Out (Round 1).

Lightweight Bout

Oko Poli (MMA Debut) vs. Vince Banner (MMA Debut)

A battle between two young fighters looking to make a good impression in their MMA debut here in the HMFL. Oko Poli is a submission grappler from Montreal, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, making him very dangerous on the ground, but that is really the only dimension he has to his game. Vince Banner on the other hand is a Muay Thai fighter from Montreal, with a strong clinch game that makes him dangerous on the feet.

Prediction: While Banner is a little more rounded, if Poli can get it to the ground, he has a massive advantage. Poli by Submission (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Psycho "Hobo" Chomyn (MMA Debut) vs. All Sure (2-3, 1-3 HMFL)

Another fighter makes his professional MMA debut! Psycho Chomyn is a hobo from Oxford, England, who is a competent striker, able to use both his hands and feet to deadly effect, but has little skill on the ground.

All Sure, from Anjou, Canada, is a superb wrestler, who likes to get the fight to the ground, where he can work his ground and pound, and will also try to occasional submission. He has never finished a fight, and three straight losses have left him demoralized.

Prediction: No morale at all for All Sure, means that it will likely be Psycho's first professional win in his first professional fight. Chomyn by KO (Round 1).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Jeremy "Flash" Lloris (2-3, 1-1 HMFL) vs. Jackie Poon (1-1, HMFL Debut)

Jeremy Lloris, from Brest, France, is a Muay Thai striker, with a good clinch game, he is little use with his boxing, and is more likely to look for the standup than engage on the ground. Lloris made his HMFL debut in K-1 competition, losing by first round TKO to Johnny Blaze, but bounced back in his last fight, earning a Unanimous Decision in an MMA bout against Joe Bags.

Jackie Poon is an all rounder, with some skill in all areas of MMA, but is not spectacular in any of them. He is very determined, and hard to finish. While he has a varied attack as a result of his all around game, he can be outclassed by someone with a lot of skill in one area, as shown in his last fight, when he was dominated in a Unanimous Decision loss to Owen William in QFC!

Prediction: A tough call, but I will say that Lloris's superior Muay Thai will give him the edge in this one. Lloris by UD.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/14011419881370829083hmflogo_zps2cf8b0b6.jpg

HMFL 118

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Live From The Expo in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

MAIN EVENT

Middleweight Bout

Kyle Yikes (20-10, 19-18 HMFL) vs. "Sunday" Amin Sax (24-32-1 NC, 4-9-1 NC HMFL)

The card is headlined by a clash between two top 5 fighters in the HMFL's Middleweight Division! Kyle Yikes, from Barrhead, Canada, is a excellent striker, preferring to strike from distance he has excellent boxing skills, with an emerging kicking game. He has some decent defensive grappling as well. Yikes is a popular HMFL vet, making his debut at HMFL 15. He is currently on a good run, with a two fight winning streak, with a TKO victory over Arvo Pentti, and a first round knock out over Zakk Wylde!

Amin Sax, from Jyvaskyla, Finland, is a decent striker, but prefers to use his strikes to set up getting the fight to the ground, where he can work his submission game, with his brown belt in jiu jitsu! While Sax has not always had the greatest success in the HMFL cage, he is currently on a four fight winning streak, with two of those fights coming in the HMFL, winning all four of those fights by submission, the two fights in HMFL being Kimura submission victories over Jeannot Chong Starbowsky Li, and Darren Lockyer!

Prediction: This should be a war, and the winner will likely be whoever can keep the fight in their world. Sax has been really impressive lately, so I'll go with him. Sax by Submission (Round 2).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Light Heavyweight Bout

Mason "The Predator" Archer (47-17, 6-1 HMFL) vs. Cyprien Noe "Bouboule" Cyr (16-15, 8-5 HMFL)

Another fight that could have serious implications, this time in the Light Heavyweight Division, as the two top ranked fighters go head to head! Mason Archer, from Kingston, Ontario, is one of the tallest fighters in MMA, and knows how to use his reach to his advantage. He is a dangerous striker, with both fists and feet, and uses what grappling skill he has to keep the fight on the feet. He is on a run of good form since returning to the HMFL, winning all three of his fights, over Johnny Blaze, Milan Michalek, and Sioux Sie!

Cyprien Noe Cyr, from Napierville, Canada, is a submission specialist, who prefers to use his kicks to soften up his opponent for a takedown, and then work his magic on the ground. He has a black belt in jiu jitsu, and has won twelve of his sixteen career wins by submission! Since losing a Light Heavyweight Title fight to Tesco Vee, Cyr has positioned himself well to be in the title hunt, with back to back victories by third round submission over Kain Saint, and by Unanimous Decision over Jamie Lynch!

Prediction: I believe Archer's reach and superior striking skill will win the day. Archer by KO (Round 2).

UNDERCARD

Super Heavyweight Bout

Alex "The Real Deal" Steel (17-12, 12-6 HMFL) vs. Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts (10-4, 6-1 HMFL)

The high profile bouts continue, as the first and second ranked fighters in the Super Heavyweight Division clash! Alex Steel is an excellent striker, from Edmonton, Alberta, with high level boxing, and a decent kicking game to go along with, he uses his grappling skills to keep the fight on the feet, and his granite chin allows him to absorb a lot of damage! Steel is on a three fight winning streak, and is coming off a third round TKO victory over Damo Dustup!

Bartholomew Roberts is a well rounded striker from Swansea in the United Kingdom, and is dangerous with both his hands and feet. He will also look to keep the fight on the feet, which should mean an all out war! Roberts is on a spectacular run of form, with five straight victories, and is coming off a dominant performance in a Unanimous Decision victory over Cosh Boy!

Prediction: In what is likely to be a battle fought entirely on the feet, Alex Steel's granite chin will likely be the difference. Steel by TKO (Round 3).

Super Heavyweight Bout

Cosh "Teddy" Boy (13-5, 13-5 HMFL) vs. Bob "The Beast" Sapp (23-23-1, 0-2 HMFL)

Cosh Boy, a well rounded fighter from London, England, is the former HMFL Super Heavyweight Champion! A decent striker, his real strength is on the ground, where between his top flight wrestling skills, and his black belt in Jiu Jitsu, he is very dangerous! He has strong cardio, though he has only been out of the first round three times in his career! He recently had a two fight winning streak snapped when he lost a Unanimous Decision to Bartholomew Roberts!

Bob Sapp is a massive striker from Colorado Springs, Colorado, who is always exciting to watch, having racked up 11 of the night awards in his career! He prefers to fight on the outside, using his reach to rain down hails of strikes on his opponent. A strong boxer, he prefers to use his fists, but can use his kicks as well. He has lost both his fights in the HMFL cage, losing by first round T/KO to Bartholomew Roberts, and Marcus Megnus Maximus!

Prediction: With both fighters being about equal in the striking game, Cosh Boy will likely look to take the fight to the ground, where he will have a big advantage. Boy by Submission (Round 2).

Super Heavyweight Bout

Ian "The Sickness" Pathos (3-0, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Marcus Megnus "The Monster" Maximus (8-2, 7-2 HMFL)

Ian Pathos is a strong all around fighter from Cairo, Egypt. In his young career he already has victories by both TKO and submission. He has strong wrestling, and a brown belt in jiu jitsu, to go along with strong boxing skills. He has won both his fights in HMFL, both over Don Bags, by first round TKO, and first round submission!

Marcus Megnus Maximus hails from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, and is an exciting fighter, with 4 "Of The Night" Awards in his 10 fight career! He is a boxer, with an emerging kicking game. He recently bounced back from a loss, with a 25 second knock out of Bob Sapp!

Prediction: In a pure striking battle this would be close, but if Pathos can get this to the ground, it shouldn't be much of a contest. Pathos by Submission (Round 1).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Middleweight Bout

"Charging" Bull Terrier (23-11, HMFL Debut) vs. "The Assassin" Lee Oswald (7-1, 3-1 HMFL)

Bull Terrier is from Boucherville, Quebec, and is an elite level wrestler, and boxer, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu. Whether on the ground, or on the feet, he prefers to strike, with no submission victories on his resume. He has excellent cardio, and his last fight was a first round TKO victory over Richie Fanoogon in Confliction MMA back in March!

Lee Oswald is from Dallas, Texas, and will fight in an MMA bout for the first time in his HMFL career, having previously only fought at K-1 HMFL events! Oswald works well in the clinch, and can cause damage with his boxing, and muay thai! Though he won his first three fights in HMFL, he lost his last fight by second round TKO to Arvo Pentti!

Prediction: While Oswald is a strong fighter, Bull Terrier has elite skills both on the feet, and on the ground, and will likely win the fight. Terrier by KO (Round 1).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Tarmo Goyf (3-0, HMFL Debut) vs. Raiden "Thunder" Heath (4-1, 4-1 HMFL)

Tarmo Goyf is a youngster from Ravnica on the isle of Cyprus, and is an emerging Muay Thai fighter, with strong kicks, and an emerging punching game. He has yet to show a proclivity for the clinch, preferring instead to fight at distance! He has not fought since April, when he knocked out Andrew Soltys in 44 seconds in Ultimate Pit Fighting!

Raiden Heath is another young fighter, from Agoura, United States. He is a strong boxer, who prefers to fight with his fists, and has big power in his right hand. He has won four straight fights in the HMFL, all by first round T/KO, and is coming off a first round TKO victory over George Gilbert!

Prediction: With both fighter being strong strikers in a different discipline, it will be a battle between Goyf's granite chin, and Heath's big right hand. I will go with the right hand this time. Heath by KO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

"French Tom Yam" Jeannot Chong Starbowsky li (7-24, 0-2 HMFL) vs. "Notorious" Christopher Walken (8-3-1, 6-2-1, HMFL)

Jeannot Chong Starbowsky li is from Bangkok, is an all rounder, who has a lot of fights under his belt, some obviously above his level. He is currently on a 10 fight losing streak, and has lost both his fights in the HMFL cage, by second round submission to Amin Sax, and by third round TKO to TJ Welsh.

Christopher Walken, from Toronto, Ontario, is a boxer by trade, with heavy hands, and a kicking game as well. He prefers to fight at distance, and has good cardio, with a penchant for going deep into fights. He recently broke a four fight winning streak, when he was knocked out in 35 second by Lee Oswald in his last fight!

Prediction: While Starbowsky li is a decent all around fighter, Walken is stronger on the feet, and in his wrestling, and will likely pick up the win. Walken by UD.

Middleweight Bout

"Lucky" TJ Welsh (16-17-1, 14-10-1 HMFL) vs. Perry "Angry Man" White (3-0, HMFL Debut)

TJ Welsh hails from St. Pie, Quebec, and though he has an emerging striking game, he is really dangerous on the ground, with a combination of decent wrestling, and a brown belt in jiu jitsu, he is not much of a finisher, with 12 of his 16 victories coming by decision. He is coming off a third round TKO victory over Jeannot Chong Starbowsky li!

Perry White, from Toronto, Ontario, has almost no skill on the feet, but he has strong wrestling skills, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He has finished all three of his fights by first round submission, and is coming off a first round guillotine submission over Kain Rehel in Quick Fighting Championship!

Prediction: While White has thus far won all his fights by quick submissions, it seems unlikely that he will be able to make that game plan pay off against Welsh, who is my pick to pull out the victory. Welsh by UD.

Light Heavyweight Bout

Chase "Chee-Z" Evans (1-1, HMFL Debut (1 NC)) vs. John "The Gray Wolf" Ottway (9-18, 1-5 HMFL)

Chase Evans doesn't have any skill at all on the feet, meaning his main strength is on the ground, where his remarkable wrestling skills, and blue belt in jiu jitsu are his weapons. This is his HMFL debut, after his debut was cancelled after Joe Carson failed to make weight at HMFL FN 38!

John Ottway is an all rounder from Ballymena, Northern Ireland, and has decidedly mediocre skills in just about every area, while not excelling at anything. Since winning a decision over Pat McDonald in his HMFL debut, Ottway is on a 5 fight losing streak, and coming off a 20 second knock out loss to Mark Kermodian!

Prediction: John Ottway will likely pick up the victory, with Chase Evans morale being completely in the toilet. Ottway by UD.

HMFL Fight Night 42

Friday, September 19th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Welterweight Title

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg29/Overbay17/20120917231025204948414_zps93577976.jpg

Fernando "The Bull" Alves © (15-1, 9-1 HMFL) vs. "Peanut Butter Leopard" Preston Leopold Bootyshanks The 3rd (15-6-1, 1-0 HMFL)

HMFL Welterweight Champion, Fernando Alves, from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, is the portrait of a well rounded fighter, with world class boxing skills, and strong Muay Thai, as well as elite wrestling skills, and a black belt in jiu jitsu. While he seems to prefer to strike both on the feet, and on the ground, he also has two submission victories on his record. He defeated Bradly Danielson by doctor stoppage due to a cut to win the title, and successfully defended the belt in his last fight, defeating Kazushi Sakuraba by first round TKO!

Preston Leopold Bootyshanks the 3rd, from Bootyshire, England, has elite level wrestling skills, having been a two time Division 1 National Champion while attending Cornell. He has also worked hard to round out his striking skills, and earned a black belt in jiu jitsu. His last four fights have all gone the distance, and he is on a two fight winning streak, earning Unanimous Decision victories over Will Dearborn, and over Shalako Carlin in his HMFL debut in his last fight.

Prediction: Likely to be a closely fought contest, that will head to later rounds, will go with the champ, but wouldn't be too surprised to see it go the other way either. Alves by UD.

CO-MAIN EVENT

Bantamweight Bout

"Tenacious" Patrick Tracy (16-8, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Mike Corey Jr (22-17, 5-3 HMFL)

Patrick Tracy, hailing from Dublin, Ireland, is a powerful striker, who prefers to fight on the feet, he has a strong wrestling base, but uses it more to keep the fight standing, where his granite chin allows him to absorb a lot of damage. Tracy defeated Corey in his HMFL debut at HMFL Go Big or Go Home, and defeated Luis Barrera by knock out in his last fight!

Mike Corey Jr is the last HMFL Featherweight Champion, who dropped down to Bantamweight with the closing of the 145 lbs division, while Corey can strike, he prefers to use it to set up the takedown, and work his jiu jitsu. He prefers to work his submission game, but has gone to distance in 21 of his 39 fights. He will look to revenge his Decision loss to Tracy, since the loss he has victories by Unanimous Decision over Samin Ax, and Peter McBain!

Prediction: As good a striker as Tracy is, I believe this fight will eventually go to the ground, and it will be Corey avenging his previous loss. Corey by submission (Round 3).

UNDERCARD

Welterweight Bout

Robbie "No Escape" Alcatraz (22-14, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Shalako Carlin (16-11-1, 0-1 HMFL)

Robbie Alcatraz, hailing from San Francisco, California, is a fighter that prefers to strike, both on the ground, and on the feet, he is good with both his hands, and his muay thai, and has a strong defensive grappling game. While he tends to use his grappling defensively, he does have one submission victory on his record. He is on a two fight winning stream, with victories by second round submission over Aristos Ioannidis, and by Split Decision over Dane Cook!

Shalako Carlin, from Boston, Massachussets, is a Muay Thai striker, who has rounded out his striking game with some boxing. He has a strong wrestling base, that he mainly uses to aid his clinch work. On the ground he will go for submissions as well as striking. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Preston Leopold Bootyshanks the 3rd in his HMFL debut!

Prediction: Alcatraz is the more rounded striker, and has the stronger grappling, and will likely pick up the victory. Alcatrax by TKO (Round 2).

Welterweight Bout

Bradly Danielson (16-12, 6-6 HMFL) vs. Nebojsa "The Balkan Boy" Mihattovic (16-11-2, 2-1 HMFL)

Bradly Danielson is a boxer from Kingston, Ontario, who prefers to box with his opponents, though he has a small amount of kicking skill as well. He prefers to fight from distance, and uses his wrestling to keep the fight standing. An exciting fighter, with 10 "of the Night" awards in 26 fights, he is currently on a two fight winning streak, with victories by second round TKO over Abdul Raziq, and by Unanimous Decision over Random Collective!

Nebojsa Mihattovic is a highly skilled all around fighter from Sarajevo. He has strong striking skills, but prefers to take his opponents down, where he can use his strong wrestling, and black belt in jiu jitsu to finish opponents. He is coming off a first round submission victory over Ethan Paul in his last fight!

Prediction: Mihattovic is a much stronger fighter in just about every area of MMA, and should have no problem picking up the victory. Mihattovic by TKO (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Brody "Blaze" Johnson (3-3, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Sun "The Little Conqueror" Ce (1-1, 1-0 HMFL)

Brody Johnson, a Muay Thai striker, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, who has strong Muay Thai skills, and some wrestling skill to help his clinch work. He has some defensive grappling skills, and no boxing ability whatsoever. He is coming off a first round TKO loss to Ian Rogers in his HMFL debut!

Sun Ce is one of the young prospects of the HMFL, from Yancheng, China, at only 17 years old, he already has two professional fights under his belt. He prefers to fight on the ground, with his jiu jitsu brown belt making him very dangerous, and he is a decent boxer. He is coming off a second round submission victory over Paul Atreides in his HMFL debut.

Prediction: Sun Ce may not be a very well rounded fighter, but he will have an advantage on the ground that will be very difficult to overcome, also, Johnson has no morale. Ce by Submission (Round 1).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Bjorn "The Bear" Sonnen (1-4, HMFL Debut) vs. Paul "Muad Dib" Atreides (0-1, 0-1 HMFL)

Bjorn Sonnen is a strong boxer, from New Amsterdam, Iceland. He has some decent wrestling, and defensive grappling skills. He is currently on a two fight losing streak, coming off back to back submission losses to Amin Sax, and Fahad Al Qarni in the Quick Fighting Championship!

Paul Atreides is a young boxer from Caladan in the USA, prefering to fight from distance, and having little in the way of other skills, excepting his purple belt, and his ability to take damage. He is coming off a second round submission loss to Sun Ce in his professional MMA debut in the HMFL!

Prediction: In what is likely to be a stand up war between two similarly skilled strikers, it might be Atreides granite chin that gives him the edge. Atreides by TKO (Round 3).

Welterweight Bout

Stirling "Silver" Sanguin (7-8, 0-1 HMF) vs. Cappy Christian (12-10, 11-9 HMFL)

Sterling Sanguin, hailing from Peace River, Alberta, is a decent striker, but his real strength is his strong wrestling. He has decent takedowns, and prefers to strike from the ground, rather than work any sort of submissions. A fighter from Season 2 of the Island, he is on a two fight losing streak, losing by first round knock out to Eye Land in the third round of the Island season end Welterweight Tournament, and by first round TKO to Gabriel Garcia in his HMFL debut.

Cappy Christian, from Perth, Australia is a high level Muay Thai striker, who likes to work from the clinch, and uses his wrestling to keep the fight on the feet. He has strong elbows, and is coming off a first round submission loss to Kazushi Sakuraba!

Prediction: While Christian is definately the more skilled all around fighter, this fight may come down to fighter morale. Sanguin by UD.

Bantamweight Bout

Mr Ward (2-1, 2-1 HMFL) vs. Walter "Heisenberg" White (12-14, 2-0 HMFL)

Mr Ward, hailing from Vatican City, is a high level ground fighter, with strong wrestling, and a black belt in jiu jitsu, however he has almost no skill in the striking game, so he will have to get this fight to the ground quickly. He is coming off a 47 second submission victory over Billy Riley in his last fight!

Walter White is an all rounder from Albuquerque, New Mexico, with some decent boxing, and wrestling, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He has won both his fights in HMFL, a first round TKO victory over Iheb Aribii, and a first round submission victory over Russell Bruno.

Prediction: While White is the better striker by far, as long as Ward gets this to the ground he should have no problem finishing it there. Ward by Submission (Round 1).

Middleweight Bout

"The Ghost" Zakk Wylde (12-10, 3-2 HMFL) vs. "The Believer" Bryant Arlo (7-5, 6-2 HMFL)

Zakk Wylde, hailing from Bayonne, New Jersey, is an excellent Muay Thai striker, with good clinch work, and ability to do damage from the clinch position. He has an emerging ground game, leading to three submission victories. He is coming off a loss by first round knock out to Kyle Yikes in his last fight!

Bryant Arlo, from Oil City, Ontario, is a strong boxer, with some skills in Muay Thai, including good work from the clinch. He has good defensive grappling, and has excellent cardio, rarely tiring in a fight. He is coming off back to back victories, by second round TKO over Jorgip Wallrium, and by third round TKO over George St pierre!

Prediction: Arlo should have an advantage in the clinch, and is the stronger striker, and will likely gain the victory. Arlo by TKO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

Jo "Raging Warrior" Roblin (3-1, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Zephyrus "Njall" Belenus (1-1, 1-0 HMFL)

Jo Roblin, a hometown boy from Montreal, Quebec, is an all rounder, with some skill in all areas of MMA, but no really that great in any one skill. He lost by first round submission to Ruslan Islamanov in his HMFL debut, breaking a three fight winning streak.

Zephyrus Belenus, from Norse, Sri Lanka, is primarily a jiu jitsu fighter, with his brown belt serving him well in picking up victories, he has decent boxing as well, and a decent chin. Only 17 years old, he already has two professional fights under his belt, and earned a first round knock out victory over Mario Jones in his HMFL debut.

Prediction: Belenus is better both on the feet, and on the ground, and should have no trouble picking up the victory here. Belenus by Submission (Round 1).

HMFL Fight Night 43

Saturday, September 20th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Heavyweight Title

Andrzej "Bear" Niedzwiedzki © (23-5, 9-1 HMFL) vs. Jacob "Mr Magic" Moonra (21-6, 5-1 HMFL)

HMFL Heavyweight Champion, Andrzej Niedzwiedzki hails from Swinoujscie, Poland, and is an elite level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, who also has very strong striking skills. He really likes to mix it up, with 8 T/KO finishes, and 9 submission finishes. He has strong cardio, and has many memorable wars in his career, leading to 15 "of the Night" bonuses in 28 fights! Niedzwiedzki won the title off Bach Js way back in September of 2013, and has successfully defended the strap on nine occasions, the last being a "Fight of the Night" performance in a Unanimous Decision victory over Ashy Larry!

Jacob Moora, an American from New York is also a strong all around fighter. While he has strong wrestling skills, he prefers to use them not to look for takedowns, but to keep the fight on the feet, and use his exceptional boxing, and muay thai skills to finish his fights. He is a finisher, having finished 17 of his 21 victories by TKO. Moora is on a four fight winning streak, and is coming off a victory by first round doctor stoppage over Kjell Dillon.

Prediction: Nothing against Moonra, he is a strong fighter, but the champ will have the advantage in almost all facets of the game. Niedzwiedzki by Submission (Round 3).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Bout

"Jam Jam" Jimmy James (16-8, 2-2 HMFL) vs. "Demolition Man" Cees Overeem (38-35, 5-3 HMFL)

Jimmy James, fighting out of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, is a high level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu. While he is a strong Muay Thai striker, with good clinch work, he prefers to work his game on the ground. He is coming off a second round TKO loss to Ogustivimus Amavimus, and is coming down from Super Heavyweight for this fight!

Cees Overeem, from Amsterdam in the Netherlands, is a former HMFL Heavyweight Champion, an exciting fighter, whose wins or losses have a tendency to happen in the first round. He is a strong striker, dangerous with both fists and feet, and is possessed of a devastating clinch game. He lost his title to Andrzej Niedzwiedzki back in July, but bounced back quickly with a victory by first round TKO over Monsun Moon.

Prediction: While Overeem is the strongest striker, I believe James will be able to get this fight to the ground, where he will have a monstrous advantage. James by Submission (Round 1).

UNDERCARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Nova Uniao (22-14, 3-4-1NC HMFL) vs. "The" Craig David (28-25, 1-1 HMFL)

Nova Uniao, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil has some decent striking skills, but his real strength is on the ground, where he prefers to work his magic. He can both strike, and submit on the ground, and is very dangerous from just about any position. Uniao recently broke a three fight losing streak, with a first round submission victory over Bobby Tate!

Craig David, from Southampton,England is definately on the back side of his career, as his skills have begun to deteriorate. His skills are now middling at best, but his knock out power, and cardio have allowed him to continue picking up victories even this late in his career! He has been trading wins and losses lately, and is coming off a loss by first round knock out to Manny Kumsaloti in his last fight.

Prediction: While David can match Uniao in striking, if Uniao can get this fight to the ground, it shouldn't last long from there. Uniao by Submission (Round 1).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Sergi Vodkf (1-7, 0-2 HMFL) vs. Jeff Rogan (2-1, 1-1 HMFL)

Sergi Vodkf, from Kinglon, Czech Republic, has a strong jiu jitsu game, but not much skill in any other area of MMA. He has power in his hands, but doesn't have the skill to land the blows to make it very effective. He is currently on a five fight losing streak, and lost a Unanimous Decision to RedHEED StepChild in his last fight.

Jeff Rogan hails from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and is an exceptional boxer, however, he has little kicking skill to mix things up, and his grappling game, while improving, is not great. He lost by first round knock out to Raiden Heath in his HMFL debut, but in his last bout he defeated Bug Spit by first round knock out in a kickboxing match!

Prediction: Normally I would go with the grappler in this situation, but Vodkf is so demoralized that Rogan should have no problem picking up the victory! Rogan by KO (Round 1).

Light Heavyweight Bout

George "Gilbo" Gilbert (8-7-1, 1-1 HMFL) vs. "Dk" Danny Lynch (19-17, HMFL Debut)

George Gilbert, hailing from Paramatta, Australia, is an exceptional level boxer, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu. While he does prefer to fight on the feet, he has no problem after a knock down, following his opponent to the ground, and either striking, or working submissions for the finish. While he defeated John Ottway by first round TKO in his HMFL debut, he lost a kickboxing match to Raiden Heath by first round TKO in his last fight.

Danny Lynch, from Tralee, Ireland is an elite level boxer, with strong wrestling. A powerful striker, he prefers to fight from distance, while using his wrestling skill to keep the fight standing. His last fight was a first round TKO victory over Wilson Phillips in the Quick Fighting Championship, and he makes his HMFL debut tonight.

Prediction: Likely to be a stand up war, with the two contestants just wailing away with punches! Lynch has the stronger boxing, so I'll go with him. Lynch by TKO (Round 3).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Sioux "Bam Bam" Sie (14-12, 3-2 HMFL) vs. "Jumpin'" Tommy James (16-13-1, 3-3-1 HMFL)

Sioux Sie, from Bujumbura, Burundi, is a strong wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu. While he can strike, being highly skills in both boxing, and muay thai, he prefers to fight on the ground, where he can work his superior submission game. While he started his HMFL run with three straight victories, he is now on a two fight losing streak, losing by third round knock out to Tesco Vee in a Light Heavyweight Title Fight, and losing by second round TKO to Mason Archer in his last fight.

Another well rounded fighter, Tommy James hails from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and while he can strike, he prefers to work from the ground. He prefers to strike from top control, with 11 of his 16 wins coming by TKO, but also has a decent submission game. He recently broke a two fight losing streak, when he defeated Jamie Lynch by Unanimous Decision in his last fight!

Prediction: While I would normally consider this a pick 'em fight, I will be going with Tommy James, because Sioux Sie has significantly less energy. James by TKO (Round 3).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Taza "ButterBash" Boyd (1-2, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Bug "Bugspit" Spit (3-1, 0-1 HMFL)

Taza Boyd, from Mount Vernon in the United States, is a 19 year old fighter, whose skills are still developing, he can box a bit, and has a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He made his HMFL debut in his last fight, earning a first round submission victory over Javier Marcao!

Bug Spit, fighting out of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a ground fighter, with strong wrestling, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He will likely want to get this fight to the ground, where he can work the submission game that has worked so well for him thus far in his career. All three of his victories have come in Quick Fighting Championship, and all by submission. He lost his only HMFL bout to Jeff Rogan by first round knock out.

Prediction: I think both these guys will look to fight on the ground, but Spit will likely be able to gain control with his wrestling, and finish with a submission. Spit by Submission (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Lester Bangs (4-2, 1-0 HMFL) vs. RC "Ric" RS (0-5, 0-1 HMFL)

Lester Bangs is a strong all around fighter, from London, England. Bangs can strike, but prefers to work on the ground, where his strong wrestling base, and brown belt in jiu jitsu come into play and help him finish fights! He is currently on a three fight winning streak, and made his HMFL debut in his last fight, defeating Ryan King by first round submission.

RC RS is from Rio Carlo in Trinidad & Tobago, and is a young fighter, whose skills are still emerging. He has decent boxing, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He has lost all five of his professional bouts, including his HMFL debut in a kickboxing match against Tyson Hard, where he lost by first round knock out.

Prediction: Even if Lester Bangs didn't have such better skills than him, RC RS has no morale, and will therefore lose this fight, probably quite badly. Bangs by Submission (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Bruce Hardman (3-0, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Johnny "Perfect" Storm (5-1, 1-1 HMFL)

Bruce Hardman, from the United States, is an emerging young fighter, who likes to use his boxing skills to cause damage from punching distance. He has emerging Muay Thai, and wrestling skills, but boxing is what he mostly relies on right now. He has won all three of his professional fights, and made his HMFL debut in his last fight, defeating Tyson Hard by second round doctor stoppage.

Johnny Storm, from New York City in the USA, is another young, emerging fighter, he has some respectable boxing, and strong wrestling to go along with a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He likes to take down opponents and strike from top control. Storm won five straight fights to begin his career, but took his first professional loss in his last fight, losing by first round TKO to Mikiya Hayashida!

Prediction: Every fight starts on the feet, and I think Hardman will be able to overwhelm storm with is high level boxing, before storm can take him down. Hardman by TKO (Round 1).

Middleweight Bout

Dickie Crash (8-2, 8-2 HMFL) vs. Tommy "Grapple Bear" MacKenzie (14-10, 8-4 HMFL)

Dickie Crash, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is a talented Muay Thai striker, with strong kicks, and a devastating clinch game. He has a brown belt in jiu jitsu, but uses his ground skills to defend, and stand up, more than to attack. Crash bounced back from a loss to Dexter Morgan, with a first round TKO victory over Wooden Pencil in his last fight.

Tommy MacKenzie, from Edinburgh, Scotland, can certainly strike, but prefers to fight on the ground, where his high level wrestling allows him to control opponents, while he strikes, or attacks with submissions, with his black belt in jiu jitsu. He is currently on a two fight winning streak, with victories by second round knock out over Fidel Bautista, and Unanimous Decision over Dwight Eakins in his last fight.

Prediction: While the two fighters are pretty even in their striking, I believe that MacKenzie will look to take this to the ground, where he will have a sizable advantage. MacKenzie by Submission (Round 2).

HMFL 119

Sunday, September 28th 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL Lightweight World Title

"Don Beeso" Childish Gambino (16-8, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Daken "Mongrel" Akihiro (11-2, 1-0 HMFL)

Childish Gambino, from Georgia in the USA, is a new arrival from the Ontario Fight Club. He is a well rounded fighter, but prefers to stand. He prefers to punch, though he also has an emerging kicking game, and prefers to fight from distance, rather than clinch. He is a finisher, with all 16 of his victories coming by finish, and all eight of his losses coming by decision. He is on a two fight winning streak, and won by 53 second TKO over Donar Gunvaldsson in his HMFL debut!

HMFL Lightweight Champion Daken Akihiro hails from Jasmine Falls, Japan. He is an elite level striker with both his fists, and feet, and while he has high level wrestling and jiu jitsu skills, he uses these defensively to keep the fight standing, or get the fight stood up, and strikes from the feet. He has a granite chin. A new arrival from NGF, Akihiro was given a title shot in his first fight in the HMFL, and made the most of it, defeating Krystian Wojnasiewicz by second round TKO to win the HMFL Lightweight Title!

Prediction: The champ has the advantage in almost all areas, and if the fight stays on the feet, like I expect, Akihiro's Elite level striking will give him the edge. Akihiro by TKO (Round 2).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

"Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba (32-20, 3-1 HMFL) vs. Oliver Schwalle (15-9, 1-0 HMFL)

A battle between the two top ranked fighters in the Welterweight Division. Kazushi Sakuraba is a jiu jitsu black belt from Katagami, Japan. He has little skill on the feet, but once the fight is on the ground, he is a beast. 23 of his 32 victories have come by submission, though he does have some ground and pound skill, with four victories by TKO. Sakuraba is coming off a first round submission victory over Cappy Christian in his last fight!

Oliver Schwalle is a more well rounded fighter, with elite level skills in both boxing, and wrestling. He also has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, though he prefers to strike from the ground, without a single submission to his name, and 13 of 15 victories coming by TKO. Schwalle is on a three fight winning streak going back to his time with Syn, and defeated Tyler Durden by Unanimous Decision in his HMFL debut!

Prediction: While Sakuraba is a beast on the ground, Schwalle has the skill to deal with him, and a massive striking advantage. Schalle by TKO (Round 3).

UNDERCARD

Middleweight Bout

The Steel Penn Alliance (7-11-1, 1-0 HMFL) vs. George St. pierre (24-20, 12-11 HMFL)

The Steel Penn Alliance, from Hilo, Ghana, can strike but is a beast on the ground. An elite level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, who is dangerous with both his fists, and submissions from the ground. He has had a rough career so far, but had a good start in the HMFL, defeating Osold Seth Sinclair by first round submission in his HMFL debut!

George St. pierre hails from Quebec, Canada, and though he is a decent boxer, his real strength is once the fight goes to the ground. He is a strong wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He is a submission fighter, with 18 of his 24 wins coming by submission. He has been a back and forth fighter, and recently had a three fight winning streak snapped, when he lost to Bryant Arlo by third round TKO in his last fight!

Prediction: While St. Pierre would normally have the advantage on the ground, I believe Steel Penn Alliance's elite level wrestling will allow him to control the fight, and get the finish. Steel Penn Alliance by Submission (Round 3).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Johny "The Bull" Persecutioned (2-2, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Javier Marcao (2-1, 1-1 HMFL)

Johny Persecutioned is a boxer from London, England. He has strong striking with his hands, and good wrestling, that he mostly uses to keep the fight on the feet, allowing him to hit his opponents in the face. He uses his wrestling defensively as well on the ground, to control, and get the referee stand up. He has a big heart, and is normally difficult to finish, but he lost by first round knock out to Johnny Blaze in his HMFL debut!

Javier Marcao hails from Lisbon, Portugal, and is a beast on the ground. Not very skilled in striking, he has decent wrestling, and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. He hunts for submissions once he gets the fight to the ground. He took his first professional loss in his last fight, losing by first round submission to Taza Boyd!

Prediction: While Persecutioned should have the advantage on the feet, this fight should end up on the ground at some point, and Marcao has the advantage in that realm. Marcao by Submission (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

Osold Seth Sinclair (8-5, 1-1 HMFL) vs. Oscar "Loco" Rivas (3-4, 0-1 HMFL)

Osold Seth Sinclair hails from Gardabaer, Iceland, and is a well rounded fighters, with decent skills in striking, wrestling, and jiu jitsu, but not great at any one area of the sport. He is very physically strong, and though he won his HMFL debut by second round TKO over Tyrone Hayes, he lost his last fight against Steel Penn Alliance by first round submission!

Oscar Rivas hails from Peace River, Alberta, Canada, and is a strong boxer, with an emerging Muay Thai game. He has decent wrestling, that he uses to keep the fight standing. He lost his HMFL debut, losing by first round submission to Quiet Monkey in his debut!

Prediction: Rivas will have the advantage on the feet, and Sinclair has taken a hit to his morale. Rivas by TKO (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Kaiser "The Warrior" Wilhelm (8-5-1, 0-1-1 HMFL) vs. Gabriel "Jacare" Garcia (3-0-0, 1-0 HMFL)

Kaiser Wilhelm, from Afghanistan, is a strong wrestler, who tends to use his wrestling to keep the fight standing, and use his mediocre striking skills to pepper his opponents with strikes. He is blessed natural KO power, so that when he does connect, it causes a lot of damage. He fought to a majority draw with Wrestling Beast in his HMFL debut, and lost by third round TKO in the rematch in his last fight!

Gabriel Garcia, from Vila Velha, Brazil, is a submission grappler, who uses an improving striking game to set up his takedowns, and use his brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to work for submissions on the ground. He has won all three of his professional fights, and is coming off a first round TKO victory over Stirling Sanguin in his HMFL debut!

Prediction: While Wilhelm will certainly have the edge in experience, he doesn't have the chops on the ground to deal with Garcia. Garcia by Submission (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Rural "Alberta" Advantage (19-21-1, 7-10 HMFL) vs. Tom Huddlestone (10-7, 5-6 HMFL)

Rural Advantage, from Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, is a well rounded fighter, with strong striking skills, good wrestling, and a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to strike whether on the feet, or the ground, and has good defensive grappling skills. Advantage is in a dry spell, having lost seven of his last eight fights, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Grant Brophy!

Tom Huddlestone, from London, England, is also well rounded, with a sensational boxing, and strong Muay Thai skills. He is also a high level wrestler, and has a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to use his wrestling to keep the fight on the feet and strike. He is coming off back to back losses by first round T/KO to Dane Cook, and Ogami Itto!

Prediction: Huddlestone will have the advantage on the feet, and should be able to keep this fight in his realm. Huddlestone by UD.

Middleweight Bout

Darren "Hurt" Lockyer (15-7, 10-7 HMFL) vs. Luis Alberto "Golden Glory" Perez (31-25, 0-1 HMFL)

Darren Lockyer, from Brisbane, Australia, is a boxer, with a strong Muay Thai game. He uses his wrestling skills to keep the fight standing, and his jiu jitsu skills to defend on the ground. He was a much more consistent winner earlier in his career, and has taken to trading wins and losses now, he is coming off a first round submission loss to Amin Sax!

Luis Alberto Perez hails from Romania, and is a Muay Thai striker, dangerous with both his fists and feet. He has excellent clinch work, and a good defensive ground game, but likes to keep the fight on the feet. He is on a two fight losing streak, and is coming off a second round TKO loss to Fidel Bautista in his HMFL debut!

Prediction: Perez has a slight advantage in the striking, and will likely be able to control in the clinch. Perez by UD.

Welterweight Bout

Test "#3" Subject (3-1, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Boba Solid (7-8, 1-1 HMFL)

Test Subject hails from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and is a strong boxer, with emerging Muay Thai skills. He has the cardio for long fights, but can also use his powerful strikes to end the fight early. He is on a two fight winning streak, and is coming off a second round knock out victory over Blake Ward in his HMFL debut!

Boba Solid, hailing from West Ivory, Malawi, is a gifted Muay Thai striker, with an emerging boxing game. He uses his wrestling to keep the fight standing, and is known for quick TKO victories. He recently snapped a four fight losing streak, when he earned a first round TKO victory over Dylan Botelho in his last fight!

Prediction: Test Subject is a slightly better striker, and his power could spell the difference in this one. Subject by KO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

Quiet "Spank" Monkey (8-7, 6-7 HMFL) vs. Wesley Julianno (11-6, 4-3 HMFL)

Quiet Monkey, from White Oak in the USA, is a strong wrestler with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, who uses his emerging striking game, to set up his takedowns, and go for submissions on the ground. Seven of his eight victories have come by submission, and four of those seven have won a "Submission of the Night" award! He recently snapped a three fight losing streak, when he earned a first round submission victory over Oscar Rivas!

Wesley Julianno, a native of Hong Kong, is a high level wrestler, that prefers to use his wrestling to keep the fight standing, and make use of his excellent, and varied striking skill set. He recently snapped a two fight winning streak, when he earned a third round TKO victory over Fidel Bautista in his last fight!

Prediction: Normally I go with the grappler almost by default, but with Julianno having a massive advantage in the striking, and wrestling, it seems unlikely that the fight will enter Monkey's world. Julianno by KO (Round 1).

AUTUMN GAUNTLET

Monsun Moon vs the HMFL Heavyweight division.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/3/3b3.jpg

The future is dim for Moon, picked up as a free agent for sparring purposes, he has proven to be a worthless employee. He has been reprimanded more than once for inappropriate behavior, and shown himself to be a meth addict and paranoid schizophrenic; apparently being an elite grappler can wear on you're psyche.

So, in an attempt to revive this fighters joke of a career, he has agreed to enter a gauntlet of fights in October ( and beyond). Fighting as many fighters in the heavyweight division as will give him the chance. I am sending personal invites to all potential candidates. If there are any others who would like to be considered, just let me or Kyle F know of your interest.

Make sure to stay tuned to see how The Monster Storm handles non-stop fighting!!!!

October Schedule:

Opponent-Date-Result

vs Lester Bangs (186194) -W- (Unanimous Decision) HMFL October Bash 10/10/14

vs Eli Bernstein (201119) HMFL October Bash 2 10/20

vs Donny Davis (168984) TBD

HMFL 120

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Tesco "Cowboy" Vee © (26-9, 9-0 HMFL) vs. Michael Street (24-22, 8-5 HMFL)

HMFL Light Heavyweight Champion Tesco Vee has had a stranglehold on the top spot in the Light Heavyweight Division this entire year, winning the title in January, and successfully defending the belt seven times since. A well rounded fighter, he prefers to strike, both on the ground, and on the feet, with all of his finishes coming by T/KO. He is coming off his seventh successful title defense, a third round TKO victory over Shawn Geissen!

Michael Street, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is a well rounded fighter who likes to use his wrestling either to strike from the clinch, or to take his opponents down, where he can work both with strikes, and submissions. He earned his title shot with a three fight win streak, with T/KO victories over Bobby Tate, Manny Kumsaloti, and Lucas LaVey!

Prediction: Cowboy has the advantage in every area of MMA, and should leave the arena with his eighth successful title defense under his belt! Vee by TKO (Round 3).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Middleweight Bout

Arvo Pentti (27-14, 2-1 HMFL) vs. "Ain't Rite" Charles Stryker (31-24, 6-3 HMFL)

Arvo Pentti, from Helsinki, Finland, is a well rounded striker, capable of doing damage with both his hands, and feet. He prefers to fight from distance, and uses his wrestling base, and grappling skills mostly for defense, or to get the fight back to the feet. He has won two in a row, with a second round TKO victory over Lee Oswald, and a Unanimous Decision win over Kain Saint!

Charles Stryker from Portland, Oregon, USA, is a well rounded fighter, with excellent striking skills. He does excellent work from the clinch, and uses his grappling skills to get back to the feet, when taken to the mat. He recently bounced back from a loss to Dexter Morgan, with a Unanimous Decision victory over Tangerine Dream!

Prediction: The fighters skill levels are pretty even, however, if the fight goes to the clinch, Stryker should have the advantage. Stryker by UD.

UNDERCARD

Welterweight Bout

"The Silver Stomper" Jakob Silfversberg (12-12, 7-5 HMFL) vs. Ogami "The New Fanhez" Itto (21-14, 2-0 HMFL)

Jakob Silfversberg, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a strong wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu. A grappler by trade, he prefers to work on the ground, but has some striking skill as well to set up his takedowns. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over CJ Wilkins!

Ogami Itto, from Edo, Japan, is a well rounded fighter, with his high level wrestling, and grappling skills complemented by exceptional striking skills. Capable of finishing with both strikes, and submissions, he is dangerous from anywhere. Itto is on a three fight winning streak, and is coming off a first round knock out victory over Tom Huddlestone!

Predictions: Normally I would pick Itto since he is the more skilled fighter all around, but he has low morale, so I will choose Silfversberg! Silfversberg by TKO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

Kain "reaper" Saint (34-21, 2-3 HMFL) vs. Tangerine Dream (22-8-2, 0-2 HMFL)

Kain Saint, from LA, England, is a well rounded fighter, with decent striking skills to back up his high level wrestling, and black belt in jiu jitsu. Saint is definately hitting the downside of his career, having only won two out of his last eight fights, but is still dangerous from just about anywhere. He is currently on a two fight losing streak, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Arvo Pentti!

Tangerine Dream, from Henry, Illinois, USA, is an elite level striker, posessing skills at the highest levels in both boxing, and Muay Thai, with some decent grappling, mostly used in his defense, not to attack. Dream has lost both his fights in the HMFL, a Unanimous Decision loss in a title fight with Ricard Cuenca in his HMFL debut, and a Unanimous Decision loss to Charles Stryker in his last fight!

Prediction: In a battle of two fighters equally desperate for a victory, Saint's more rounded skill set will likely see him through. Saint by TKO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

Aaron Newport (7-2, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Ruslan Islamanov (6-3, 3-0 HMFL)

Aaron Newport, from Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, is a well rounded striker, with skills to harm his opponents with both his boxing, and kicking. He has a strong wrestling base that he mostly uses for his clinch work, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu to defend and get up should the fight go to the ground. He earned a Unanimous Decision victory over Calgary Alberta in his HMFL debut!

Ruslan Islamanov, from Qysylorda, Kazakhstan, is a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and that's about it. His skills in striking, and wrestling, while emerging, are mediocre at best, making him a bit of a one trick pony, though it's been a pretty good trick so far. He has won all three of his HMFL bouts, twice over Isaac Savo, by submission, and decision, and a victory by first round submission over Jo Roblin in his last fight!

Prediction: While Islamanov would have a massive advantage if this fight ended up on the ground, I believe Newports much stronger wrestling and striking skills, will allow him to keep the fight standing, and finish him off! Newport by TKO (Round 1).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Heavyweight Bout

Jimmy "The Train" Rogers (17-17, 1-1 HMFL) vs. Eli "The Prophet" Bernstein (12-11, 1-1 HMFL)

Jimmy Rogers is an excellent boxer, with some skills with his kicks as well. He prefers to fight at distance, striking straight up with his opponent in a style that usually ends with him or the other guys getting T/KOed. He has a decent grappling skill set that allows him to defend himself should the fight go to the ground! He knocked out Donny Davis in 56 seconds in his HMFL debut, and then was knocked out by Donny Davis in just 47 seconds in his last fight!

Eli Bernstein has decent striking to complement his strong wrestling skill set, and brown belt in jiu jitsu. He likes to clinch up, and then get the fight to the ground as quickly as possible, where he poses a danger in just about every position. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Ricky Bobby!

Prediction: If the fight stays on the feet, Rogers will most likely have the advantage, but as the stronger wrestler, Bernstein will likely dictate where the battle is fought, on the ground. Bernstein by TKO (Round 2).

Heavyweight Bout

"Ryo" Ryan King (1-27, 0-26 HMFL) vs. Jack "The Snake" Larsson (2-0, 1-0 HMFL)

Ryan King, from P Town, Trinidad & Tobago, is a mediocre fighter at best, with emerging boxing skills, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu, but no real skill in Muay Thai, or wrestling. He has lost 27 straight fights, including 26 in the HMFL cage, and given his relative skill level, will likely not break that streak here.

Jake Larsson, from GBG, Sweden, is an excellent boxer, with emerging kicking skills, and a black belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the ground, looking for submissions against his opponents. He has won both of his professional bouts, both first round submission victories over Chimo Kowalchuck!

Prediction: Larsson has massive advantages, both on the feet, and on the ground, and King has no morale, so this should be an easy one. Larsson by Submission (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

John Brown (1-3, 1-2 HMFL) vs. Mort Shula (9-9, 1-0 HMFL)

John Brown is one of the up and coming prospects in the Welterweight Division. He has no striking skills at all, but has high level wrestling to go along with a blue belt in jiu jitsu. His game plan is usually to get his opponent to the ground, where he can pound on them from on top. He recently broke a three fight losing streak, picking up his first professional victory, a first round TKO victory over Ted Jones!

Mort Shula, from Astoria, USA, is an exceptional boxer, capable of doing damage with his hands, but his other skills would be described as emerging at best, and at age 35, not likely to get any better. He has however won his last two fights, including a first round TKO victory over Jacob Reynolds in his HMFL debut!

Prediction: While Shula definately has the advantage on the feet, Brown's high end wrestling will likely make the difference here. Brown by TKO (Round 3).

Welterweight Bout

CJ Wilkins (12-12, 1-3 HMFL) vs. Grant Brophy (24-13, 1-1 HMFL)

CJ Wilkins is a striker, with good boxing, and muay thai skills, he has strong wrestling base that he uses to keep the fight standing, but he prefers to fight from distance on the feet. He is currently on a two fight losing streak, losing by first round submission to Random Collective, and by second round TKO to Jakob Silfversberg!

Grant Brophy, from Tralee, Ireland, is a high level Muay Thai fighter, with emerging boxing skills, and good defensive grappling. He fights well from the clinch, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Rural Advantage in his last fight!

Prediction: In a battle likely to be fought on the feet, I believe Brophy's more specialized skill set will prove to be the advantage. Brophy by UD.

Lightweight Bout

Jon "J-Melch" Melcher (6-7, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Victor Gomez (2-0, 2-0 HMFL)

Jon Melcher, from Queensbury, USA, is a feeble striker, with a mediocre at best grappling skill set. He recently snapped a two fight losing streak, by defeating Paddy McIrish by second round submission in his last fight!

Victor Gomez is another emerging youngster, with a currently mediocre skill set, that is actually just about evenly matched with Melcher's. He has won both his professional fights, by second round submission over Johnny Hernandez, and by first round submission over Alex Quarry!

Prediction: This one is more of a toss up, but Gomez will likely have the momentum, being undefeated. Gomez by UD.

HMFL October Bash

Friday, October 10th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

Fernando Alves (15-2, 9-2 HMFL) vs. Oliver Schwalle (16-9, 2-0 HMFL)

Fernando Alves from Bela Horizonte, Brazil, is a well rounded fighter, with elite level wrestling skills, and a black belt in jiu jitsu, as well as high level striking skills. He prefers to fight on the ground, and while he can submit people, he prefers to finish with strikes. In his last fight he lost the Welterweight Title to Preston Leopold Bootyshanks The 3rd by Unanimous Decision!

Oliver Schwalle, from Essen, Germany, is a elite level boxer, and wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu. Schwalle is dangerous anywhere the fight goes, but usually finishes on the ground. He is on a four fight winning streak, including wins in both his HMFL fights, a Unanimous Decision victory over Tyler Durden, and a first round submission victory over Kazushi Sakuraba!

Prediction: This is a tough fight to pick, so will go with the most well rounded fighter. Alves by UD.

CO-MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Bantamweight Title Bout

CJ "California Kid" Johnson © (31-13, 7-2 HMFL) vs. "Tenacious" Patrick Tracy (17-8, 3-0 HMFL)

CJ Johnson, from Long Beach, California, USA, is a high level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, and strong striking skills as well. He has his share of stops by both strikes, and submissions, and also has the cardio to fight a prolonged battle, and win decisions. Johnson won the HMFL Bantamweight Championship with a Unanimous Decision victory over Ivan ORourke, and has a successful defense under his belt, a Unanimous Decision victory over Jose Cronos!

Patrick Tracy, from Dublin, Ireland, is a high level striker, good with both his fists and his feet, and has a strong defensive grappling skills. He prefers to fight on the feet, and using his grappling skills to stall, and get a stand up. He earned the title shot by winning all three of his HMFL fights, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Mike Corey Jr!

Prediction: While the fighters are pretty close skill wise, Johnson has the wrestling advantage, and I think he will be able to dictate the pace, and position of the fight. Johnson by UD.

UNDERCARD

Bantamweight Bout

Manus Grant (7-8, 1-3 HMFL) vs. Stan "The Man" Rivers (19-12-1, 7-5 HMFL)

Manus Grant, from Glasgow, Scotland, is a Muay Thai striker, with good boxing, and grappling as well. He does good work from the clinch, helped by his strong wrestling base, and prefers to fight on the feet, using his grappling to get the stand up. He broke a string of three straight losses with a first round TKO victory over Franky Young in his last fight!

Stan Rivers, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with good wrestling, that helps with his clinch work. He has strong boxing, and a brown belt in jiu jitsu. Rivers is on a two fight winning streak, with victories by first round TKO over Manus Grant, and by first round knock out over Ivan ORourke!

Prediction: In a battle that will probably be fought on the feet, Rivers has the striking advantage, and a previous victory over Grant. Rivers by TKO (Round 2).

Lightweight Bout

Miguel "El Tigre" Lopez (32-11-1, 1-0 HMFL) vs. BJ "The Cock Gobbler" McGobblecock (15-10, HMFL Debut)

Miguel Lopez is an elite level mixed martial artist, with elite skills in both boxing and wrestling, with high level skills in muay thai, and a black belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to grind his opponents down, taking the fight into deep water, with 20 of his 32 victories coming by decision. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Bray Wyatt in his HMFL debut!

BJ McGobblecock, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, is a high level wrestler, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu, and decent striking skills. He prefers to fight either in the clinch, or on the ground where he can control things with his wrestling. He has lost two fights in a row, both by second round submission to Nate Kingston, and Rodniel Romero in MFN!

Prediction: McGobblecock has absolutely no avantage in this fight, and it should be an easy win for Lopez. Lopez by TKO (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Andrzej "Bear" Niedzwiedzki (23-6, 9-2 HMFL) vs. "Deadly" Donny Davis (17-11, 4-4 HMFL)

A rematch from one of Niedwiedzki's title defenses during his reign as Heavyweight Champion, the first time around Niedwiedzki won by fourth round TKO.

Andrzej Niedswiedzki, from Swinoujscie, Poland, is an elite level wrestling, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, with strong striking skills as well. He is willing to fight just about anywhere, with a nice mix of T/KO, Submission, and Decision victories, and is an exciting fighter to watch, with 16 of the night awards in his 29 fights. He lost the Heavyweight Title after four successfull defenses to Jacob Moonra by first round TKO in his last fight.

Donny Davis is a deadly striker, with a good defensive grappling skill set. He prefers to stand and trade, and can be devastating from the clinch. Donny Davis is a 50/50 fighter in his HMFL career, and is coming off a loss to Ashy Larry by first round knock out.

Prediction: Niedzwiedzki is more well rounded, and should have another victory over Davis on his record. Niedzwiedzki by TKO (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

RedHEED "Bootsnpants" StepChild (3-1, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Johny "The Bull" Persecutioned (2-3, 0-2 HMFL)

RedHEED StepChild, from Chillwack, BC, Canada, has some boxing skill, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He has little skill in wrestling, and almost no kicking ability to speak of. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Sergi Vodkf in his last fight!

Johny Persecutioned, from London England, is an emerging boxing talent, with good wrestling, although he has little skill with Muay Thai, or jiu jitsu. He prefers to keep the fight standing, and use his boxing skills to pick opponents apart. He has lost both his HMFL battles, by first round knock out to Johnny Blaze, and by first round submission to Javier Marcao!

Prediction: If Persecutioned can keep the fight standing he should have little trouble picking up his first HMFL win. Persecutioned by TKO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

The Steel Penn Alliance (8-11-1, 2-0 HMFL) vs. "Lucky" TJ Welsh (17-17-1, 15-9-1 HFML)

The Steel Penn Alliance, from Hilo, Ghana, is an elite level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, his striking skills are beginning to emerge, but are mostly used to set up his ground game. He is on a two fight winning streak, with a first round submission victory over Osold Seth Sinclair, and a second round submission victory over George St pierre!

TJ Welsh, from St. Pie, Canada, is a strong grappler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and emerging striking skills. He is a decision machine with 12 of his 17 victories coming via decision. He has won two straight fights, earning a third round TKO victory over Jeannot Chong Starbowsky li, and a second round submission victory over Perry White!

Prediction: With two fighter who like the ground game going at it, the Elite level wrestler should have no trouble winning here. Steel Penn Alliance by Submission (Round 2).

Lightweight Bout

Winston Churchill (2-3, HMFL Debut) vs. Oko Poli (0-1, 0-1 HMFL)

Winston Churchill, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a new, up and coming face in the HMFL, an exceptional boxer, he also has some wrestling skill, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to keep the fight on the feet, and has some good work in the clinch. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Alden Ho in Honour!

Another up and comer in the Lightweight Division, Oko Poli, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a brown belt in jiu jitsu, but has little other skills to speak of. He obviously would prefers this fight happen on the ground, where he will have a humungous advantage.

Prediction: While Poli is better on the ground, with both the striking and wrestling advantages, Churchill should be able to control the fight, keeping it in his realm, and finishing things off. Churchill by TKO (Round 2).

Bantamweight Bout

Frankie "Oooooosh" Fryer (2-2, HMFL Debut) vs. Barack Obama (0-0, HMFL Debut)

Another new face in the HMFL, Frankie Fryer has some wrestling skill, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu, to go along with mediocre striking skills. He prefers to fight on the ground, with both his wins coming by submission (as well as both his losses). He is coming off a second round submission loss to Bernhard Bosse in Dynamite!

Barack Obama, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, makes his professional debut tonight, and is a high level boxer, but has little skill otherwise. We have no real idea what to expect from Obama, other than that he will attempt to box.

Prediction: If Fryer can get past Obama's boxing, and get the fight to the ground, he should be able to pick up a victory here. Fryer by Submission (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Monsun "Monster Storm" Moon (4-1, 3-1 HMFL) vs. Lester Bangs (5-2, 2-0 HMFL)

The first fight of the Monsun Moon Autumn Gauntlet Challenge, Moon enters the fight with plenty of rest, but won't get much rest going forward, as he will fight a lot in the coming months.

Monsun Moon is an elite level wrestling with a brown belt in jiu jitsu. His boxing skills are emerging nicely, though he has little skill with his kicks. Moon prefers to get the fight to the ground, where he is equally comfortable finishing with strikes, or submissions. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Paul Brown in his last fight!

Lester Bangs, from London, England, is a high level wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and decent striking skills as well. He also prefers to fight on the ground, with near even numbers of TKO and submission victories. He is on a four fight winning streak, including first round finishes of Ryan King, and RC RS in the HMFL!

Prediction: While Bangs is a strong fighter, Moon will have the wrestling advantage, and likely be able to control the fight. Moon by TKO (Round 2).

HMFL Fight Night 45

Thursday, October 16, 2014

MAIN EVENT

Super Heavyweight Bout

Ogustivimus "Latin Warrior" Amavimus (20-10, 12-5 HMFL) vs. "The Killer" Klas Micropop (35-20, 3-2 HMFL)

A rematch of a title fight from back in April where Micropop won the Super Heavyweight Title, defeating Amavimus by second round TKO!

Ogustivimus Amavimus is a high level boxer, with excellent Muay Thai skills as well. He likes to work out of the clinch, but can also fight at distance. Known for his first round finishes, he is an exciting fighter, having won "Of The Night" awards in 13 of his last 17 fights. Since his loss to Micropop, Amavimus lost by first round submission to Cosh Boy, then won twice in a row, by first round TKO over Marcus Megnus Maximus, and by second round TKO over Jimmy James, to earn a shot at the title, losing by first round TKO to Chubby Johnson in his last fight!

Klas Micropop is a elite level Muay Thai fighter, with a deadly clinch game, he has strong boxing skills as well, and good defensive grappling skills. He has his share of quick victories, but can also drag the fight into deep water if needed. Since taking the Super Heavyweight Title from Amavimus, he defended it successfully against Jimmy James, before losing it to Chubby Johnson, and failing in an attempt to get it back from Johnson, he defeated Jon Grey by first round TKO in his last fight!

Prediction: Should be an entertaining bout, however, Micropop has the advantage in just about every way, and will likely pick up the victory again. Micropop by TKO (Round 2).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Lightweight Bout

Krystian "Wojna" Wojnasiewicz (21-5, 9-1 HMFL) vs. Bors "Hands of Steel" Hill (16-8, 8-5 HMFL)

Former long time HMFL Lightweight Champion Krystian Wojnasiewicz, is a deadly Muay Thai striker, who uses his elite level wrestling skills to keep the fight standing, and muscle opponents around in the clinch. Wojnasiewicz successfully defended the Lightweight Title seven times, before losing the belt by second round knock out to Daken Akihiro in his last fight!

Bors Hill, from London, England, is a high level fighter, with high level skills in all facets of mixed martial arts. He is a decision machine, with 11 of his 16 victories coming by decision. He likes to fight on the ground, taking his opponent down, and doing damage to gain a decision. He has on three occasions fought for the HMFL Lightweight Title, losing each time. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Yan Beliveau!

Prediction: Wojnasiewicz will likely be able to control the fight with his elite level wrestling, and should take Hill apart on the feet! Wojnasiewicz by TKO (Round 2).

UNDERCARD

Light Heavyweight Bout

Shawn "JoJo" Geissen (19-9, 2-1 HMFL) vs. Manny Kumsaloti (16-5, 3-1 HMFL)

Shawn Geissen, from Danbury, USA, is a high level mixed martial arts fighter, with high level skills in all disciplines. He prefers to keep the fight standing, where his powerful strikes have led to 18 T/KO victories in his 19 fights. He is coming off a failed attempt to win the Light Heavyweight Title, losing by third round TKO to Tesco Vee!

Manny Kumsaloti, from Imatra, Finland, is a well rounded mixed martial artist, dangerous from anywhere in the cage. He has a nice mix of T/KO, and submission victories, as well as showing the ability to drag a fight into the deep water, and win by decision. After a switch in management, Kumsaloti took his last fight in the QFC, defeating Charlie Norris by Unanimous Decision.

Prediction: Will go with Kumsaloti's elite level boxing, and more varied gameplan. Kumsaloti by UD.

Welterweight Bout

Chuck "The Whissler" Silva (7-5, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Ian Rogers (2-0, 2-0 HMFL)

Chuck Silva, from Las Vegas by way of Croatia, is an up and coming young fighter in the HMFL, he has little skill with his striking, but has an emerging wrestling game, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He has won both his fights in the HMFL, with a third round submission victory over Gros Jambon, and a first round submission victory over Abdul Raziq!

Ian Rogers, from Belfast, Northern Ireland, is another up and comer in the division, and is a well rounded fighter, with decent striking skills, as well as good wrestling, and a purple belt! He prefers to get a fighter to the ground, and hunt submissions, but can also finish with strikes! Rogers has won both his professional bouts, by first round submission over Gabriel Landeskog, and by first round TKO over Brody Johnson.

Prediction: Rogers is a more well rounded fighter, and his stronger wrestling base will allow him to control the fight. Rogers by Submission (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Wrestling "Is" Beast (6-7-1, 6-7-1 HMFL) vs. Ethan "Totoro" Paul (3-4, 1-1 HMFL)

Wrestling Beast, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a strong wrestler, with emerging striking skills. He prefers to get the fight to the ground as quickly as possible, and finish with strikes. All 6 of his victories have come by TKO. He is coming off a third round TKO victory over Kaiser Wilhelm!

Ethan Paul, from Peace River, Alberta, Canada, is a high level boxer, with emerging kicking skills, and clinch game. He prefers to fight standing, but he'll search for submissions from the bottom on the ground as well. He is coming off a first round submission loss to Nebojsa Mihattovic!

Prediction: Wrestling Beast has a distinct advantage in wrestling, but I expect Paul will be hunting submissions once he gets taken down, and could find one. Paul by Submission (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Welterweight Bout

Michael Halo (24-14, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Robbie "No Escape" Alcatraz (22-15, 2-1 HMFL)

Michael Halo, from Vatican City, is an elite level striker, with both his punches, and kicks, and is also highly skilled on the ground. He prefers to drag fights into deep water, with 16 of his 24 victories coming by the judges scorecards. He has won three straight fights, including a second round knock out victory over Run Forcover in his HMFL debut in his last fight!

Robbie Alcatraz, from San Francisco, California, USA, is a high level striker, with good wrestling, and a black belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the feet, using his black belt to defend, though he doesn have one submission victory to his credit. He is coming off a tight Split Decision loss to Shalako Carlin in his last fight!

Prediction: Michael Halo is the better striker, and has comparable skill on the ground, so will go with him. Halo by UD.

Heavyweight Bout

Mikiya "Teaks" Hayashida (5-2, 5-2 HMFL) vs. "Iron" Mike Foreman (2-0, 2-0 HMFL)

Mikiya Hayashida, from Rutsutsu, Japan, is a decent Muay Thai striker, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight from distance, picking his opponents apart with strikes. He is coming off a 22 second TKO victory over Johnny Storm in his last fight!

Mike Foreman, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a high level boxer, with emerging Muay Thai skills. He likes to fight from the clinch, but is also very dangerous from distance. He has no skill in jiu jitsu. He has won both his professional bouts, by second round TKO over Vin Diesel , and by first round TKO over Achilles Nikolopoulos in his last fight!

Prediction: Mike Foreman is the better striker, with the better wrestling to inform his clinch work, so will go with him. Foreman by TKO (Round 2).

Heavyweight Bout

Tyson Hard (2-1, 2-1 HMFL) vs. Gjermus Myrene (3-6, HMFL Debut)

Tyson Hard, from Home, Sweden, is a high level boxer, with emerging muay thai skills, and a solid wrestling game. He likes to fight from distance, but has had no problem moving into the clinch to administer beatdowns either. He opened his HMFL career with two first round T/KO victories before losing by doctor stoppage to Bruce Hardman in his last fight.

Gjermus Myrene, from Danmarkshavn, Norway, is a decent Muay Thai striker, with a strong wrestling base. He prefers to fight on the feet, but has had little in the way of success with this tack. He is coming off a first round TKO loss to John Simmons in the CEFC!

Prediction: Aside from Hard having the advantage in almost any area of MMA, Myrene has no morale. Hard by KO (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Willis "Bee" Johnson (4-3, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Cowl "Moo" Hefernon (2-2, 1-0 HMFL)

Willis Johnson, from Seattle, Washington, USA, is a strong wrestler, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the ground, and while he prefers to strike, he can also hook up submissions. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Sam Sanderson in his HMFL debut in his last fight!

Cowl Hefernon, from Spanaway, Washington, USA, is a decent Muay Thai striker, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the feet, but hunts for submissions from his back. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Riki Bolbauwah in his HMFL debut in his last fight!

Prediction: Johnson has a massive wrestling advantage, and will likely be able to get the fight to the ground, and control his opponent. Johnson by TKO (Round 1).

Super Heavyweight Bout

Damo Dustup (10-10, 1-1 HMFL) vs. The "Pussy Ass" Beast (3-8, 0-1 HMFL)

Damo Dustup, from Sydney, Australia, is a high level boxer, with a strong wrestling base, and emerging Muay Thai skills. He prefers to fight on the feet, using his wrestling to bully opponents in the clinch. He recently had a three fight win streak broken, when he lost by third round TKO to Alex Steel in his last fight!

The Beast, from Pussy, Wales, is a decent wrestler, with a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He has little skill in striking. By his past record he likes to lose, and lose quickly. He is currently on a four fight losing streak, and is coming off a first round TKO loss to Tom Erikson in his HMFL debut in his last fight.

Prediction: The Beast will continue his string of quick losses. Dustup by TKO (Round 1).

HMFL Fight Night K-1 5

Friday, October 17, 2014

Live From Paddy O'Malleys Bar in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

Kunta Kinte (6-0, 3-0 HMFL) vs. Jacob "Big Time" Reynolds (0-2, 0-1 HMFL)

Kunta Kinte, from Amsterdam in the Netherlands, is a high level Muay Thai fighter, with excellent boxing to go along with it, and an emerging clinch game. He likes to fight from the clinch, but can also fight from distance. He has won all of his professional fights, both kickboxing, and MMA, and is coming off back to back victories over Carlos Coy, both by first round TKO, one a kickboxing match, and one an MMA fight!

Jacob Reynolds, from London, Ontario, Canada, is a high level boxer, but has little skill with his kicks, or clinch. He has lost both his fights by first round TKO, though those were both MMA fights, so he may have better luck in a kickboxing match.

Prediction: Kunta Kinte is a far better striker all around than Reynolds, and should pick up a quick victory here. Kinte by TKO (Round 1).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

Reyki "The White" Rhino (1-1, HMFL Debut) vs. Brody "Blaze" Johnson (3-4, 0-2 HMFL)

Reyko Rhino, from Reykjavik, Iceland, is a well rounded striker, with strong skills with both his fists and kicks, and has an emerging clinch game, that he uses to bully his opponents around. Rhino participated in the Convicted K1 Grand Prix, losing by Majority Decision against Skreba Reijonen in his last fight!

Brody Johnson, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, is a strong Muay Thai fighter, with newly emerging clinch skills, but not much acumen from the boxing side of things. He likes to utilize the clinch in his striking. He has lost two straight fights, by first round TKO to Ian Rogers, and by second round submission to Sun Ce.

Prediction: Rhino is the better overall striker, and has an advantage in the clinch as well. Rhino by TKO (Round 1).

UNDERCARD

Middleweight Bout

"Notorious" Christopher Walken (9-3-1, 7-2-1 HMFL) vs. "The Believer" Bryant Arlo (8-5, 7-2 HMFL)

Christopher Walken, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a high level boxer, with strong Muay Thai skills, he is likely to use his strong wrestling in an attempt to remain outside of the clinch, and fight from distance. He is coming off a first round knock out victory over Jeannot Chong Starbowsky li in his last fight!

Bryant Arlo, from Oil City, Canada, is an up and coming young fighter in the HMFL, he is a well rounded striker, with decent skills in boxing, and muay thai, as well as a strong wrestling base. Arlo also prefers to fight from distance. He has won three straight fights, a kickboxing match against Jorgip Wallrium, and MMA fights against George St pierre, and Zakk Wylde!

Prediction: This should be an excellent fight, and could go either way, with two highly skilled strikers, but Walken has the advantage, and should pick up the victory! Walken by KO (Round 2).

Middleweight Bout

"Charging" Bull Terrier (24-11, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Kyle Yikes (21-10, 20-8 HMFL)

Bull Terrier, from Boucherville, Canada, is an elite level boxer, with elite wrestling skills, as well as very strong Muay Thai. While he has never fought K-1 before, he should be deadly in this format! He will likely use his wrestling to try to bully his opponent in the clinch, and beat him up. He is coming off a second round TKO victory over Lee Oswald in his HMFL debut in his last fight!

Kyle Yikes, from Barrhead, Canada, is a high level boxer, with emerging Muay Thai skills, and good wrestling as well. He uses his wrestling to stay out of the clinch, and fight from distance. He has won three straight fights, and is coming off a second round TKO victory over Amin Sax in his last fight!

Prediction: Though Yikes is a strong fighter, Terrier's elite level boxing will likely have the advantage! Terrier by TKO (Round 3).

Middleweight Bout

"Sunday" Amin Sax (24-33-1, 4-10 HMFL) vs. "The Assassin" Lee Oswald (7-2, 3-2 HMFL)

Amin Sax, from Jyvaskyla, Finland, is a well rounded striker, with good wrestling. Though he recently had a run of good form, he has long been known as a fighter that loses more than he wins. In MMA fights, Sax prefers to fight on the ground, with that taken away he will likely try to strike from distance. He recently broke his four fight win streak, as he was defeated by second round TKO by Kyle Yikes in his last fight!

Lee Oswald, from Dallas, Texas, USA, is a well rounded striker, with strong wrestling. He prefers to strike from the clinch, though he can fight from distance as well. He is coming off back to back loses, by second round TKO to Arvo Pentti in a kickboxing match, and by second round TKO to Bull Terrier in an MMA match!

Prediction: There is little to seperate the two fighters, and this could definately go either way. Oswald has a lot more K-1 experience, so will go with him. Oswald by TKO (Round 2).

HMFL October Bash 2

Monday, October 20th, 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Light Heavyweight Title

Michael Street © (25-22, 9-5 HMFL) vs. Tesco "Cowboy" Vee (26-10, 9-1 HMFL)

These two fought earlier this month, with their battle ending quickly, with Street winning the Light Heavyweight Title by first round knock out!

Michael Street is well rounded, with a high level of skills in all areas of MMA. He is dangerous from anywhere, with strong striking, and excellent grappling leading to a nice mix of TKO and submission victories! He has won four straight fights, and is coming off his first round TKO victory over Vee, that won him the Light Heavyweight Title!

Tesco Vee is also very well rounded, with high level boxing, and wrestling, with strong Muay Thai, and a brown belt in jiu jitsu! Dangerous both on the ground, and on the feet, however, he chooses to utilize strikes in both instances rather than hunt submissions. Vee won the Light Heavyweight title from Ladislav Hemsky back in January, and defended it successfully on seven occasions, before losing it to Street!

Prediction: I predicted a Vee victory last time, and Street proved me wrong, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, as I believe Vee's advantage in all areas will lead to his regaining his title. Vee by TKO (Round 4).

CO-MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

Shawn Wexler (25-13, 12-3 HMFL) vs. "The Silver Stomper" Jakob Silfversberg (13-12, 8-5 HMFL)

Shawn Wexler makes his return to the HMFL cage, after a protracted stint in SPNY! A former HMFL Welterweight Champion, Wexler is a high level boxer, with strong wrestling, and a red belt in jiu jitsu. He likes to get the fight to the ground, where he can use his out of this world grappling skill to take out his opponents. He is coming off a Split Decision victory over Frank Esposito in SPNY!

Jakob Silfversberg, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a high level wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and a decent striking game to set up his ground game. He prefers to fight from the ground, and has wins by both TKO and submission. He has won two straight fights, by second round TKO over CJ Wilkins, and by first round submission of Ogami Itto!

Prediction: Wexler has sizable advantages in all areas of MMA, including Silfversberg's strengths, and should be able to pick up a victory. Wexler by Submission (Round 1).

UNDERCARD

Bantamweight Bout

Frankie "Oooooosh" Fryer (3-2, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Walter "Heisenberg" White (12-15, 2-1 HMFL)

Frankie Fryer, from West Ham, England, is an up and coming young fighter in the Bantamweight Division, while he has little skill in the stand up game, he has decent wrestling, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to take his opponents to the ground, and work for submissions. He is coming off a first round submission victory over Barack Obama in his HMFL debut!

Walter White, from Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, is a decent boxer, with good wrestling, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to either bully in the clinch, or work on the ground for submissions. He is coming off a second round submission loss to Mr Ward in his last fight!

Prediction: Normally I would say that White has the advantage because of his stronger skills in the strong areas of each fighters game, but since White has no morale, I will go with Fryer. Fryer by Submission (Round 1).

Heavyweight Bout

Monsun "Monster Storm" Moon (5-1, 4-1 HMFL) vs. Eli "The Prophet" Bernstein (12-12, 1-2 HMFL)

The second fight in the Moon Autumn Gauntlet Challenge! Monsun Moon, from Leeds, England, is an elite level wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and emerging striking skills. He prefers to work on the ground, utilizing a nice mix of strikes, and submissions. Moon has now won two fights in a row, including the first fight of the Gauntlet, a Unanimous Decision victory over Lester Bangs!

Eli Bernstein, from Unterberg, Germany, is a high level wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and strong striking skills to go along with. Bernstein fights on the ground, utilizing heavy strikes to finish his opponents, though he can use submissions as well. He is coming off a first round TKO loss to Jimmy Rogers in his last fight!

Prediction: While Bernstein is by far the better striker, Moon's elite level wrestling will likely allow him to control the fight. Moon by UD.

Middleweight Bout

Kain "reaper" Saint (35-21, 3-3 HMFL) vs. Tommy "Grapple Bear" MacKenzie (14-11, 8-5 HMFL)

Kain Saint, from LA, England, is a strong striker, but his real strength is on the ground, with strong wrestling, and a black belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the ground, usually finishing with strikes, but is capable with submissions as well. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Tangerine Dream in his last fight!

Tommy MacKenzie, from Edinburgh, Scotland, is a high level wrestling, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, and decent striking to set up his ground game. He prefers to grapple with his opponents, controlling until his opening presents itself to finish either with strikes or submissions. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Dickie Crash in his last fight!

Prediction: A real toss up fight, that could go either way. Will go with MacKenzie's wrestling advantage. MacKenzie by UD.

PRELIMINARY CARD

Middleweight Bout

Arvo Pentti (28-14, 3-1 HMFL) vs. Wesley Julianno (12-6, 5-3 HMFL)

Arvo Pentti, from Helsinki, Finland, is a high level boxer, with good kicks as well as good defensive grappling. He prefers to strike, utilizing his high level striking skills to pepper his opponents with punches, often drawing fights into deep water, and winning in late rounds, or on the judges scorecards. He has won three fights in a row, and is coming off a third round TKO victory over Charles Stryker in his last fight!

Wesley Julianno, from Hong Kong, is a high level boxer, with some complementary kicking skills, and good defensive grappling, he prefers to strike from distance, and has finished all twelve of his victories by T/KO! He has won two straight fights, by third round TKO over Fidel Bautista, and by third round knock out over Quiet Monkey!

Prediction: Should be another great battle, betweeen closely rated fighters. Pentti is the better all around striker, so will go with him. Pentti by UD.

Welterweight Bout

John Brown (1-4, 1-3 HMFL) vs. Stirling "Silver" Sanguin (7-9, 0-2 HMFL)

John Brown, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a high level wrestling, with a blue belt in jiu jitsu, he has almost no skill in striking however. He prefers to take his opponent down quickly, and finish with strikes. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Mort Shula in his last fight!

Stirling Sanguin, from Peace River, Canada, is a strong wrestler, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu, and emerging striking skills. He likes to use his wrestling to bully opponents in the clinch, and strike. He has lost both his HMFL battles, first round TKO losses to Gabriel Garcia, and Cappy Christian.

Prediction: Sanguin is a far better striker, and should be able to win the battle from the clinch. Sanguin by TKO (Round 2).

Lightweight Bout

"The Law" Jed Paul (6-3, 1-1 HMFL) vs. Vince Banner (1-0, 1-0 HMFL)

Jed Paul, from Peace River, Canada, is a high level boxer, with emerging kicking skills, and strong grappling skills. He prefers to get his opponent to the ground, and work for submissions. He is coming off a third round TKO victory over Serano Lukowski in his last fight!

Vince Banner is an up and coming young fighter, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and is a Muay Thai fighter, still working up his skills. He prefers to fight from distance on the feet. He defeated Oko Poli by first round TKO in his HMFL, and MMA debut!

Prediction: Paul has the advantage on the feet, and has BJJ to win the fight on the ground. Paul by Submission (Round 2).

Bantamweight Bout

Ale Cali (3-2, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Zalmai "The Terror" Qazi (0-9, HMFL Debut)

Ale Cali, from Manila in The Philippines, is a decent wrestler with a blue belt in jiu jitsu, but not much skill on the feet. He prefers to get his opponents to the ground and work submissions. He is coming off a first round submission loss to Chong Zhu in his last fight.

Zalmai Qazi, from Badakhshan, Afghanistan, is a decent Muay Thai striker, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu, however he has little skill with his fists, and little wrestling as well. He has lost all his professional fights, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Unit Eight in QFC in his last fight.

Prediction: Likely to be decided on merits other than skill, while Cali has low morale, Qazi has low morale, and low energy, so I will go with Cali! Cali by Submission (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Test "#3" Subject (4-1, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Grant Brophy (25-13, 2-1 HMFL)

Test Subject, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a high level boxer, with strong wrestling, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to strike from the clinch, using his grappling acumen to keep the fight standing. He has won three straight fights, and is coming off a second round TKO victory over Boba Solid!

Grant Brophy, from Tralee, Ireland, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with strong wrestling, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to strike from distance, but is deadly from the clinch as well, and with fifteen decision victories on the resume, he has no problem swimming into the deep water! He is coming off back to back victories, by Unanimous Decision over Rural Advantage, and by third round knock out over CJ Wilkins in his last fight!

Prediction: Since both fighters like to fight on the feet, I believe Brophy will have the avantage with his muay thai, and clinch skills. Brophy by UD.

HMFL 122

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

MAIN EVENT

HMFL World Welterweight Title

"Peanut Butter Leopard" Preston Leopold Bootyshanks The 3rd (16-6-1, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Shalako Carlin (17-11-1, 1-1 HMFL)

A rematch from both fighters HMFL debut, where Bootyshanks took the victory by Unanimous Decision, but this time there will be a title on the line, as Carlin attempts to avenge the loss!

HMFL Welterweight Champion Preston Leopold Bootyshanks The 3rd, from Bootyshire, England, is an elite level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, who has decent striking skills as well. He prefers to fight on the ground, using his striking to set up his takedowns, and is capable of finishing with either strikes, or submissions once the fight is on the ground. After defeating Carlin in his HMFL debut, Bootyshanks went on to defeat Fernando Alves by Unanimous Decision to win the HMFL Welterweight Title!

Shalako Carlin, from Boston, Massachussets, USA, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with strong clinch skills, and good defensive grappling. He prefers to fight on the feet, using his wrestling skill to bully opponents in the clinch, and finish with his striking, though he is capable of submitting people on the ground. He hasn't been able to finish an opponent in a while, with his last ten fights going to the judges scorecards. After losing to Bootyshanks, Carlin went on to defeat Robbie Alcatraz by Split Decision in his last fight!

Prediction: While Carlin is the stronger striker, it is likely Bootyshanks will get this fight to the ground, where he has the advantage, and take a second victory over Carlin. Bootyshanks by UD.

CO-MAIN EVENT

Welterweight Bout

John "Crazy Train" Wensink (6-6, 1-1 HMFL) vs. Omar "Shotgun" Little (18-8, 14-7 HMFL)

The son of the former Boston Bruins enforcer of the same name, Boston, Massachussets native John Wensink is a decent wrestler, with a brown belt in jiu jitsu, and an emerging striking game. He prefers to use his wrestling to bully opponents in the clinch, then take them down, and finish with strikes. He is coming off a Majority Decision loss to Aristos Ioannidis.

Omar Little, from Baltimore, Maryland, USA, is a beast on the ground, with high level wrestling, and a black belt in jiu jitsu, he also has a strong kicking game that he uses to set up his takedowns. He prefers to fight on the ground, where he can finish with strikes, but prefers to hunt for submissions. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Jakob Silfversberg.

Prediction: With two ground fighters going at it, will have to give the advantage here to Little, who will have the upper hand in both wrestling, and jiu jitsu. Little by Submission (Round 3).

UNDERCARD

Bantamweight Bout

Shane Doby (22-21, 5-4 HMFL) vs. Peter "The Pain" McBain (14-12, 7-4 HMFL)

Shane Doby, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a well rounded mixed martial artist, dangerous from anywhere in the cage. A high level boxer, and black belt in jiu jitsu, he also has strong wrestling skills as well. He prefers to fight on the ground, but has a good mix of T/KO, and submission victories. In 43 fights he has never been submitted. He is on a two fight losing streak, and is coming off a first round TKO loss to Rowan Stevenson.

Peter McBain, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a high level Muay Thai fighter with strong boxing skills, and good defensive grappling. He prefers to strike from distance, and use his grappling skill to keep the fight on the feet. He likes to drag fights into deep water, as 19 of his 26 fights have gone to the judges scorecards. He is on a two fight losing streak, and coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Mike Corey Jr.

Prediction: If Doby can get this fight to the ground he should have little trouble picking up the win. Doby by Submission (Round 2).

Welterweight Bout

"The Necro Butcher" Dylan Summers (21-11-3, 2-0 HMFL) vs. Run Forcover (9-11, 5-3 HMFL)

Dylan Summers, from Hong Kong, is an elite level wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu, he also has good striking skills to help set up his ground game. He prefers to fight on the ground, winning most often with strikes, but is capable of submitting people. He is on a two fight winning streak, and is coming off a first round submission victory over Julius Steel!

Run Forcover, from Amsterdam, The Netherlands, is an elite level Muay Thai striker, with strong boxing, and good defensive grappling. He prefers to keep the fight on the feet, bullying opponents in the clinch, and using his arsenal of kicks to score points. he tends to go deep into fights, most often winning on the judges scorecards. He is coming off a second round knock out loss to Michael Halo.

Prediction: Summers should be able to control the fight with his elite level wrestling, and he has better finishing ability, which should lead to victory. Summers by TKO (Round 3).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Per Djevelsson (1-1, HMFL Debut) vs. "The" Craig David (29-25, 2-1 HMFL)

Per Djevelsson, from Pyramiden, Norway, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with emerging boxing skills, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to keep the fight standing, and strike from the clinch. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Jun Kasai in QFC.

Craig David, from Southampton, England, has been around the fight game a long time, he is a decent striker, with strong wrestling, and a purple belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to keep the fight standing, and strike from the clinch, but when taken down can be dangerous with submissions. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Nova Uniao!

Prediction: While Djevelsson will have the striking advantage, if he tries to play the clinch game with David it will likely end badly for him. David by TKO (Round 2).

PRELIMINARY CARD

Bantamweight Bout

Luis Berrera (18-19, 7-5 HMFL) vs. Yves "The Tiger" Jabouin (13-4, 1-0 HMFL)

A former HMFL Featherweight Champion, Luis Berrera, from Juarez, Mexico, is an elite level boxer, and wrestler, with a black belt in jiu jitsu. He is dangerous from anywhere in the cage, good striking both from distance, and the clinch, and strong on the ground as well, with a nice mix of victory results. He is coming off a first round TKO victory over Cole Healey in his last fight!

Yves Jabouin is one of the emerging talents of the Bantamweight Division, hailing from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, he is a well rounded fighter, with solid skills in all realms of mixed martial arts. He prefers to fight on the feet, and fights well in the clinch, and uses his grappling tools defensively to keep the fight standing. He is coming off a Unanimous Decision victory over Chong Zhu in his last fight!

Prediction: Jabouin is a prodigous talent, and could one day top this division, but with the level of Barrera's skills, I expect a Barrera victory. Barrera by Submission (Round 2).

Light Heavyweight Bout

Mark "The Rant" Kermodian (32-37-2, 1-3 HMFL) vs. "The Kilt" Kjell Dillon (34-18, 1-4, 1 NC HMFL)

At 42 years old it could be that Mark Kermodian is nearing the end of his career. From London, England, Kermodian is a well rounded fighter with solid striking and grappling skill sets. He prefers to fight in close in the clinch, and use his striking skills to attack, while defending on the ground. He is coming off a first round knock out victory over John Ottway in his last fight.

Kjell Dillon is also a little long in the took at 43, but the Glasgow, Scotland native is a high level wrestler with a brown belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the ground, but has a good mix of T/KO, submission, and decision victories to prove his versatility. He did not make weight for his last fight with Jomar Requina, and lost the fight before that by first round TKO to Jacob Moonra!

Prediction: While I would normally go with Dillon's stronger skill set here, Dillon has no morale, so will likely be an easy night for Kermodian. Kermodian by TKO (Round 2).

Welterweight Bout

Keisuke "Trickster" Takasugi (4-1, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Vic Vantrell (8-11, 0-1 HMFL)

Keisuke Takasugi, from Tokyo, Japan, is a high level wrestler with a black belt in jiu jitsu, and emerging boxing skills. He prefers to get the fight to the ground as quickly as possible, and start chainging together submission attempts to take out his opponents, all four of his victories have come by submission. He won by first round submission over Roberto Balsam in his HMFL debut, and is coming off a first round submission victory over Billy Beauj in the QFC.

Vic Vantrell, from Birmingham, Alabama, USA, is a high level wrestler, with a purple belt in jiu jitsu, and decent striking skills to set up his ground game. He prefers to fight on the ground, using submissions most often to finish opponents. He is coming off a first round submission loss to Jack Pot.

Prediction: In a battle between two ground fighters, Takasugi has the advantage in both wrestling, and jiu jitsu, and Vantrell has low morale, so Takasugi should emerge victorious. Takasugi by Submission (Round 1).

Welterweight Bout

Yves "La Moufette" Tranchemontagne (1-0, 1-0 HMFL) vs. Abdul Raziq (6-19, 1-4 HMFL)

Yves Tranchemontagne, from Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with strong wrestling, but virtually no skill with his fists, or his jiu jitsu. He likes to strike from distance, but his wrestling background should allow him to utilize clinch work to good effect as well. He won his professional debut by first round TKO over Elvin De Luca!

Abdul Raziq, from the United States, is a high level Muay Thai striker, with decent wrestling. He also prefers to keep the fight standing, and strike from distance. He is on a two fight losing streak, and is coming off a first round submission loss to Chuck Silva!

Prediction: While their skill sets are eerily similar, Raziq has no morale, so should be a victory on the side of Tranchemontagne. Tranchmontagne by TKO (Round 1).

Bantamweight Bout

Cole "The dusten" Healey (1-9, 0-1 HMFL) vs. Russell "The Brute" Bruno (1-2, 0-1 HMFL)

Cole Healey, from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, has pretty mediocre skills in pretty much all levels of mixed martial arts. He is a Muay Thai striker, who has won just one fight in his career. He is on an eight fight losing streak, and is coming off a first round TKO loss to Luis Barrera in his HMFL debut.

Russell Bruno, from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, is a high level boxer, with emerging wrestling skills, and a blue belt in jiu jitsu. He prefers to fight on the feet, and from distance, utilizing his grappling skills for defense only. He is on a two fight losing streak, and is coming off a Unanimous Decision loss to Daniel Bryan in QFC.

Prediction: Bruno is the better striker of two striking fighters, and Healey has no morale. Bruno by TKO (Round 1).