Life on Mars

MMATycoon

Maybe Rogan hangs with a bunch of dumbass'? lol It also explains why Rogan trains with Bravo.

The majority of the world population are idiots. When you have some sort of fame, you encounter a lot more people on a day-to-day basis.

I'm willing to bet Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo are both significantly more intelligent than you.

All of these statements are based on current human knowledge and technology limits. You know for a fact that those examples are impossibilities given all possible technology, even those undeveloped or unthought of yet by humans? The question was directly to the point. The point being that science is only limited by the technology and knowledge of its users. Science as a field can explain everything that exists or occurs, past, present, and future. Even a god if one were to exist.

No, the question wasn't to the point. The placement of "while" in your question proved that you really didn't get anything out what I tried to explain to you, but I have as much desire in discussing this further with you as I do with BrainSmasher. I hope that one day they invent a technology that makes it possible to divide by zero. Yes, you are right. I was wrong. Science can explain everything, my apologies. Actually science describes things more than it does explaining, but whatever, yes it explains everything.

The majority of the world population are idiots. When you have some sort of fame, you encounter a lot more people on a day-to-day basis.

I'm willing to bet Joe Rogan and Eddie Bravo are both significantly more intelligent than you.

Based on what? Maybe they are or maybe they are not. You dont have the intelligence to judge that and have nothing to base that on. Also, how "retarded" the human race is is relative. Since you do not know anything that is of higher intelligence than the human race it makes your comment very ignorant.

My personal opinion is there is no other intelligent life out there. Maybe at one time there could have been but even that maybe unlikely. But say there is/was. It was likely destroyed millions or billions of years ago. Maybe the first fantasy beings if they existed where in the first stages of the universe. Then they would be the first to go more than likely. The universe is expanding at the speed of light and likely is dying at the same speed. Those planets, stars or systems, galaxies are likely long gone. Unless they can travel at the speed of light or some other unknown way then they are gone. If we were seeded here then it was likely a last ditch effort to save the race just as we would do. If thats the case then we are probabley just like them. Which means by your standard they would be "retarded" also.

No, the question wasn't to the point. The placement of "while" in your question proved that you really didn't get anything out what I tried to explain to you, but I have as much desire in discussing this further with you as I do with BrainSmasher. I hope that one day they invent a technology that makes it possible to divide by zero. Yes, you are right. I was wrong. Science can explain everything, my apologies. Actually science describes things more than it does explaining, but whatever, yes it explains everything.

I'm glad I could get through to you :) I'm here all day!

One of my favorite Joe Rogan quotes that I can relate to: "I'm smarter than 99% of the people I meet, and I know I'm an idiot."

Rogan is probably referring to his IQ, which proves that he is indeed an idiot.

My personal opinion is there is no other intelligent life out there. Maybe at one time there could have been but even that maybe unlikely. But say there is/was. It was likely destroyed millions or billions of years ago. Maybe the first fantasy beings if they existed where in the first stages of the universe. Then they would be the first to go more than likely. The universe is expanding at the speed of light and likely is dying at the same speed. Those planets, stars or systems, galaxies are likely long gone. Unless they can travel at the speed of light or some other unknown way then they are gone. If we were seeded here then it was likely a last ditch effort to save the race just as we would do. If thats the case then we are probabley just like them. Which means by your standard they would be "retarded" also.

I don't quite get your whole logic, or what the speed of light has to do with any of this. Stars die out, but new stars get born as well. It's highly likely that there is life, even intelligent life, somewhere else in our universe. There's not in our constellation, maybe not even in our galaxy, but there probably is somewhere. We probably will never get to meet any of them, because even if they're only a couple of lightyears away, that makes it pretty hard to communicate with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlikCebQSlY

Sagan explaining the Drake equation. Note that he only applies it for the Milky way (one of the ~100,000,000,000 galaxies) in our universe. It's not very scientific, but at least useful to make a very (, very, very) rough estimate.

Rogan is probably referring to his IQ, which proves that he is indeed an idiot.

I don't quite get your whole logic, or what the speed of light has to do with any of this. Stars die out, but new stars get born as well. It's highly likely that there is life, even intelligent live, somewhere else in our universe. There's not in our constellation, maybe not even in our galaxy, but there probably is somewhere. We probably will never get to meet any of them, because even if they're only a couple of lightyears away, that makes it pretty hard to communicate with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlikCebQSlY

Sagan explaining the Drake equation. Note that he only applies it for the Milky way (one of the ~100,000,000,000 galaxies) in our universe. It's not very scientific, but at least useful to make a very (, very, very) rough estimate.

not wasting my time with that video. Lots of scientist are torn on if there is intelligent life out there. Space is so vast they want to say yes but they know how ideal the situation has to be to support us. Even if there was a ton of earth like planets and given the idea (scientifically speaking) the building blocks of life were brought here from a astroid or comet. We dont know the chances of those finding other earth like planets. I think if there was other life out there or it was relatively easy for life to start. We would see life abundantly on many of the planets and moons in our solar system.

What i was getting at about the speed of light is this. Yes space isnt dying like it is expanding that we know of. Although it is believed to rip itself apart at some point if it keeps expanding. Stars die and new stars are born. But given as with out own sun/star if it dies then we are all dead. Another star being born millions of years after the human race is wiped out doesnt do us any good. Unless they some how were able to find another inhabitable planet and travel to it. They would be wiped out.

not wasting my time with that video.

Yeah, don't waste 8 minutes of your time on educating yourself. That would be a real shame. Most relevant scientists agree that it would be improbable for life not to exist somewhere other than earth. If you can find a respected scientist that argues differently I'm interested in reading about his opinion. A link would be appreciated.

They dont know exactly what conditions is needed for intelligent life. Thats why i think it is crazy anyone says shit about the opposite view. Both sides are guessing and its a big damn guess. I see both sides and have no clue. Both are extremely likely. But with very little known information about how life started all we have is a guess.

• Downvote 1

That is true, but we do have empirical knowledge of what is required to sustain life currently.

We also have a pretty decent idea of how life is created (very primitive organisms have been created in labs these last couple of years if memory serves), but what we don't know is what triggered the rapid evolution following the Cambrian explosion.