Syn Presents Convicted vs The World

ArtieBanks

Can Dinoo come out and play? Isnt he part of Convicted? I wouldnt mind getting a little grudge match action going on this card with him if hes got anyone to face Mason Dixie at 145/155 or Rick Conley at 205 if one of them comes out healthy.

Have you not heard of that manager who lit a lantern in the bright morning hours, ran to the market-place, and cried incessantly: "I am looking for Conquer This! I am looking for Conquer This!"

As many of those who did not believe in This were standing together there, he excited considerable laughter. Have you lost him, then? said one. Did he lose his way like a child? said another. Or is he hiding? Is he afraid of us? Has he gone on a voyage? or emigrated? Thus they shouted and laughed. The manager sprang into their midst and pierced them with his glances.

"Where has Conquer This gone?" he cried. "I shall tell you. Paulsen killed him - him and Slickback. They are his murderers. But how have they done this? How were they able to drink up the sea? Who gave them the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did they do when they unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are WE moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is it not more and more night coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying Conquer? Do we not smell anything yet of Conquer's decomposition? Americans too decompose. Conquer This is dead. Conquer This remains dead. And Paulsen has killed him. How shall he, the murderer of all murderers, console himself? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under his fists. Who will wipe this blood off him? With what water could he purify himself? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall he need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for him? Must he not himself become a god simply to be worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whosoever shall be born after us - for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto."

Here the manager fell silent and again regarded his listeners; and they too were silent and stared at him in astonishment. At last he threw his lantern to the ground, and it broke and went out. "I have come too early," he said then; "my time has not come yet. The tremendous event is still on its way, still travelling - it has not yet reached the ears of men. Lightning and thunder require time, the light of the stars requires time, deeds require time even after they are done, before they can be seen and heard. This deed is still more distant from them than the distant stars - and yet they have done it themselves."

It has been further related that on that same day the manager entered divers churches and there sang a requiem. Led out and quietened, he is said to have retorted each time: "what are these churches now if they are not the tombs and sepulchres of Conquer This?"

• Upvote 2

Seems path went other way, staying at 265 vs Myton. Good luck on the rematch. You really want to make him my bitch? :D

After the coroner officially declares Myton dead I'm going after Tosh.

After the coroner officially declares Myton dead I'm going after Tosh.

Luckily that's not goin to happen, judging after his last two preformances against my stable :) When he deals with Suckio maybe he'll finally get his title shot after 7-1 record in the org in last 8...

As for Tosh, he's in for some troubling time (1st time against JLP), afterwards who knows...but rest assured, because he is getting older like a wine, the older the better the experienced; with no injuries to trouble him he's in for some long long time, during which they will meet again. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Chris I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything, but why wuz our fight: Jamal Quik v. Ben Stone the only fight on the entire card with 10 minute rounds? Every other fight wuz the standard 5 min. That's shady man. And no I didn't think to make sure cuz I really thought we were better friends than that. I didn't even kno it wuz possible to make one fight on the card a completely different time than the rest.

I should at least get the bonus money for knoccing off a convicted Guy since you rigged the rounds in your favor.

Edit: And before anyone says "Oh you accepted the fight you shoulda paid attention."

No actually I didn't accept it. Chris said he couldn't get it to set the fight up so he had Mike manually add it to the card. Wen I logged in Jamal had his fight confirmed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Alright Chris I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything, but why wuz our fight: Jamal Quik v. Ben Stone the only fight on the entire card with 10 minute rounds? Every other fight wuz the standard 5 min. That's shady man. And no I didn't think to make sure cuz I really thought we were better friends than that. I didn't even kno it wuz possible to make one fight on the card a completely different time than the rest.

I should at least get the bonus money for knoccing off a convicted Guy since you rigged the rounds in your favor.

Edit: And before anyone says "Oh you accepted the fight you shoulda paid attention."

No actually I didn't accept it. Chris said he couldn't get it to set the fight up so he had Mike manually add it to the card. Wen I logged in Jamal had his fight confirmed.

Thne maybe the error happened when MIke set it up manually.

Well the first thing Chris messaged me after the fight wuz : "You should have never accepted a 10 min rd fight. It favors the grappler."

Which I feel wuz a pretty shitty comment to lead off with when he knows full well I didn't get to accept it cuz Mike manually set and confirmed it. And we never talked about it being a completely different rd time than any other fight on the card. Which frum my experience is unheard of in every org I've ever fought in. Has there ever been an event before that didnt have uniform rd/mins across all fights? It's made all the more a douchey manuever wen I took the fight on short notice cuz I heard he wuz having trouble finding a legitamate contender for Stone, just to make sure Syn didn't have a shitty show.