Countering

Does damage vs accuracy slider have an effect on the power of counters? Or does this slider only dictate the power of moves in which you are the aggressor?

Thanks in advance!

The damage accuracy slider decide the power of all your offensive moves on the feet.

Basically counter/accuracy decides how often you will be the aggressor (20% counter = 1 move counter 4 moves offense) and how often you will attempt to counter the other guy.

Damage/accuracy decides how hard your punches are, the harder they are the bigger chance it is you miss.

Your damage slider is set for the entire fight and all punches/kicks you throw in the fight are at that level.

• Upvote 1

Right, so you made it up. Just wanted to be clear on that.

E: Well, not you, Rollins, seeing as you weren't the one making the claim. Sorry 'bout that.

By source, I mean have you asked Mike directly or is it in the wiki? Far, far too often, people post in the Noob forum saying "X is true" when they actually mean "I overheard half a conversation in the chat while I was high on acid where some guy whose name I can't remember may or may not have stated that he possibly believed X is true".

This spreads and soon we have managers believing shit like Intelligence and Fast learner are connected, Plays chess means your fighter is Intelligent, there's no difference between fighting in a cage and a ring and other retardedness. The noobs have a hard enough time without "experienced" managers feeding them bullshit.

• Upvote 5

That's a +1 Igor. Although a lot of good advice is given here I do see some really misguided advice given as well.There should probably be some sort of warning to noobs entering this forum that the advice given is not actually absolute truth. Some may well believe it's just common knowledge they're getting in a response and start off on a really bad foot.

lol i +1'd ur comment igor. but i cant imagine how anyone can get a thing done on this game while high on acid. idk if most people would go near a computer while high on acid for fear of the mouse coming alive and eating them, let alone mmatycoon chat.

i can see how it may be easier to land counter shots but i doubt they do more damage than regular offensive moves. maybe he was trying to say that u can afford to go higher on damage if u have a high counter setting because it is easier to land counter shots. but then again if your opponent isnt aggressive enough countering wont be as effective so you rly have to imagine how your opponent will be acting in the fight. and also if your opponent is being accurate enough then i can imagine that it may be more difficult to land those counters as often as well.

If countering doesn't give some kind of benefit weather it be damage or accuracy then what would be the point of using it? In real life counter strikes are far more likely to KO someone then aggressive fighting. whether or not that is the case in this game I don't know but it should be.

• Downvote 1

Countering bolsters your defences, especially against one-dimensional opponents. Although I cannot say this for certain, it is also my very strong belief that countering also boosts your accuracy somewhat, allowing you to use more of the damage slider (i.e. the exact opposite of what Eveas said).