Sports Agents

I have always wondered how you become one. Im assuming you get a business degree of some sort and then go to law school so you know how to write up contracts and read contracts properly.

Does anyone know anything about this career field though? It is something that sounds very interesting to me and I have always been curious about it.

As far as I know mma agents are unregulated and it doesnt matter who you are.

Thats one area the sport needs to improve in drastically. I actuall think the major sports leagues NFL,MLB etc.. require agents to register with them.

Do you guys know the proper criteria needed? I think think a bachelors in business would be good enough but I could be wrong. Im sure some degree from law school is needed.

toss this up to a crazy idea you once had. you dont just decide one day to be a sports agent and go out and do it...its the kinda thing that falls into your lap due to your courses and where you branch from them

toss this up to a crazy idea you once had. you dont just decide one day to be a sports agent and go out and do it...its the kinda thing that falls into your lap due to your courses and where you branch from them

I understand that you dont just fall into it. I am currently attending a community college so I am trying to figure out the road map from point A to point B. Thats why I asked.

I have always wondered how you become one. Im assuming you get a business degree of some sort and then go to law school so you know how to write up contracts and read contracts properly.

Does anyone know anything about this career field though? It is something that sounds very interesting to me and I have always been curious about it.

I'm pretty sure you need that and a lot of charisma.

I understand that you dont just fall into it. I am currently attending a community college so I am trying to figure out the road map from point A to point B. Thats why I asked.

I would say to look into contract law and take a few marketing classes also, these would be beneficial to you. Also check for any agents in the area that might be looking for an intern so you can get some experience ( regardless of what sport )

all you need is a mouth, you can hire lawyers to write up all the shit for you

You will have to have the money to hire lawyers first though which means you will need to start off working for yourself. Which would mean you need some knowledge and an excellent job. My gf should be starting law school soon. She is studying for her LSAT currently.