Org Owner Seeking Feedback On What Is Most Important To Managers

Seeking Manager's Opinions About Fight Orgs  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of The Following Is Most Important To You When Looking For A Fight Org?

• Money (Highest Contract Offer)
    • High Level Of Competition
    • Private Gym Restricted To Orgs Fighters
    • Reputation Of Org (Satisfaction Rating)
    • Org Has ID Restriction In Place
    • Length Of Time The Org Has Been In Existence
    • Other

I am an org owner who has recently returned to the game after some time away. I want to know from org owners what they consider to be most important when looking for an org. This will allow me to focus my efforts on things that are important to people. I appreciate the feedback.

If you choose Other, please take a minute to provide some details. Thanks!

I am an org owner who has recently returned to the game after some time away. I want to know from org owners what they consider to be most important when looking for an org. This will allow me to focus my efforts on things that are important to people. I appreciate the feedback.

If you choose Other, please take a minute to provide some details. Thanks!

I selected other cuz it's a lot of those things. For me it depends on the fighter. For my established guys it's a combonation of money + top competition or depth of division (with a big enough division you can produce higher ranked fighters) + org owner/frequent fights. Above all I favor frequent fights and depth of a division. I don't like sitting on the sideline for a month. That sucks. But I don't want to fight the same guy more than 2 or 3 times (depending on outcome of fights)

For my newer guys, ID restriction. Because I like fighting frequently and often, so an ID restricted org is a good place to face equally skilled/trained fighters on fair terms.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

for a newbie like me I realized that money and reputation of the org plays an important role. i think money will put you in the game for quite some time for a competition that you want to give your fighter the best you can afford and the reputation of the org that i just read lately at the forum about some shady org owners.

Agree mostly with Karter. Depending on the fighter I'm looking for, its a different combination of some or all of those things.

Forgot to mention:

I prefer 1 fighter per org. Rarely, rarely, rarely do I venture from this code. I pass my fighters around like a doobie at a Ben Harper concert. Share the love.

I also have a rare OCD variable of org name, event name style, fight scoring, and org location which can be affected by my fighter's nationality. Unfortunately there's not that many top orgs with enough depth or high enough ranked competition in them for me to follow this code very often.

Fighters Names: I won't sign to an org if the champ is Penis Wrecker, Chuck Liddell, Fart Gas On A Butterfly... or there's too many retarded ass names in the division I'm planning on throwin my fighter in.

Edited by CKeppelrun
  • Downvote 1

Forgot to mention:

I prefer 1 fighter per org. Rarely, rarely, rarely do I venture from this code. I pass my fighters around like a doobie at a Ben Harper concert. Share the love.

I also have a rare OCD variable of org name, event name style, fight scoring, and org location which can be affected by my fighter's nationality. Unfortunately there's not that many top orgs with enough depth or high enough ranked competition in them for me to follow this code very often.

Fighters Names: I won't sign to an org if the champ is Penis Wrecker, Chuck Liddell, Fart Gas On A Butterfly... or there's too many retarded ass names in the division I'm planning on throwin my fighter in.

Haha I am the same as you, but in reverse. I won't offer a contract to a fighter if his name is stupid. If I saw a guy named Penis Wrecker, there would be no way I would offer him a contract. As for fighters being named after real athletes, I grudgingly offer them contracts only if the division they fight in needs more members. but prefer to avoid them. If you want to do this, at least choose TWO favorite fighters and mix up the names. For example, if you like Jake Shields and Anthony Pettis, name your fighter Jake Pettis (or Anthony Shields). That's still a little lame, but better than being the 1000th Brock Lesnar in the game.

ID restriction > location > money

ID restriction is the most important to me so that I will get fair fights and have a chance to get the title.

You can't tell much from rating because people could just be assholes and give a bad rating just because you wont give them cans to crush or too stupid to know they are getting screwed and not give a bad rating when they should

Reputation of the owner might be important to the old hands but for someone fairly (4 or 5 months)new like me who doesn't know who CBD is, I just have to chance it.

• Downvote 1

I try to stick with ORGS were I have delt with the owner. I have been around long enough the money dont matter much. If it is a new fighter I am just starting out, I look for ID restricted. For my older guys I want to fight good compition. I will take less money if it is a good ORG owner I like to work with, and the ORG is a good fit for my guy. If it is someone I never delt with, and the compition is good I will sign with them, but it takes more money. I guess I wasnt very helpfull! Basicaly be good to work with, give fare fights, and title shots to those who earn them not to protect the champ. In return I never turn down fights, and take them on short notice. Hope that was a little better.

I had to choose 'other' as well. It's hard to put my finger on one but a org owner that's willing to communicate and at least attempt to understand the managers (my) position goes a long way with me. I don't ask for much from a org owner so it's nice if the org owner seems to give a sh*t even just a little bit about my position. I don't think it's much to ask for a couple weeks training between fights or not fighting the same guy over and over. But as Karter said, it depends on the outcome of the fight.

Just the fact that the OP made this thread would incline me to sign to his org over a more established org with an owner I know nothing about because as I said, if it seems you give a sh#t just a little I'm going to notice. And probably bend over backwards to work with you. (taking less $, very short notice fights, unnecessary rematchs if asked etc etc)

I deal with enough BS people IRL, I'm not going to come here to get abused by some hardass wannabe e-toughguy. So, just try to be considerate and you'll win with me everytime.

I'm a bit of a different player. I ran an org myself previously and went a lot more for how I'd want to run an org in real life than playing "the game" so to speak. So I'd host events in multiple cities even though it's much easier to make a bigger profit keeping to one city, and most importantly I'd stick to a fair contention system where title fights/challengers were decided primarily on their record and run of wins in my org rather than automatically calling the guy with the best hype/pop rating the highest ranked guy. I like to have fun whilst playing Tycoon and have a genuine MMA experience.

To answer your question a little more directly, to me fair, fun match ups are much more important than a bucket load of money.