Alliance of the year 2012 - Nominations

if based strictly on fighting, Convicted wins hands down. If we are including businesses,I would say TMP, TFP or some other alliances I would put slightly ahead of Convicted but not by much as Convicted domination of the fight game is so complete.

TMP has been dead for awhile and TFP seems to be on life support.

7 Templeton trophies and counting. We plan on adding an 8th after this month...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/17champ.jpg

and if we didn't get shafted into Division 2 for the first season of this, we'd already have 8. MikeTycoon must of predicted our dominance and unstoppable Dynasty in his forecast, thus made sure to allow 1 other alliance to taste the glory of the Division 1 alliance championship before we got ahold of it and never let it go.

• Upvote 1

All of that stuff makes them cool guys. It doesn't make them the best alliance. At the end of the day, it comes down to who wins fights, and who has the best fighters. That would be Convicted.

It isn't "Winningest Alliance of the Year". It is "Best Alliance of the Year". Everyone has their own definition of what they think makes the best alliance. Personally, I would rather have cool guys who lose than assholes who win in my alliance. Others may think the opposite. Both viewpoints are valid and both viewpoints are entitled to vote based on their opinions.

• Upvote 3

Yet not many people who actually talk to anyone from Convicted thinks they are assholes. How many people have went into chat and asked Sir Lance Of Templetonshire for advice and got some? How many people have laughed at Karters write ups (and more recently Mannetosens). Convicted's records stand for themselfs. Before i even joined them i had them as the alliance of the year. They have dominated the fighter ranks and manager ranks. I don't think they have been a time that they haven't had a manager in the top 10 or a fighter.

• Upvote 1

It isn't "Winningest Alliance of the Year". It is "Best Alliance of the Year". Everyone has their own definition of what they think makes the best alliance. Personally, I would rather have cool guys who lose than assholes who win in my alliance. Others may think the opposite. Both viewpoints are valid and both viewpoints are entitled to vote based on their opinions.

Viewpoints deez nutz.

Yet not many people who actually talk to anyone from Convicted thinks they are assholes.

Sorry if my post was confusing. I didn't mean to say Convicted is a bunch of assholes. I don't know many of the members well enough to hold an opinion on that. I'm sure they are good guys. I was just responding to the argument that the only thing that matters is wins and rankings. I think it may be important for some people, but meaningless for others. It all depends on what you want out of an alliance.

That's nice that you've been charitable. Rankings seem to mean very little though with clothing and nutrition companies. Just sayin'

Not too mention you named two companies when other alliances could name many more.

If that is the standard for determining who the best alliance is then so be it. I just thought there might be more involved.

As a person who has owned and worked in major orgs I will say Id vouche for pretty much all of the main stay Convicted guys. I have dealt with every guy in the alliance at one time or another. They have fought hard, took short notice fights, super fights, and anything else you can think of to be helpful. Lance, Karter, Ethan, Soyster, Avon and Mannetosen are all class acts who have been awesome to work with. Even the guys who are lesser knowns like Dace and Tarmo I have dealt with in the past and I have nothign but great things to say about them too. Karters arogance and trash talking might piss some people off but IMO it makes the game more fun to me. If Convicted wasnt on here talking about pissing excellence who would even care about the alliance tier thing? No one! Here recently I had several people mention how the Diggs/Fett/McDermott trash talk that Karter helped spur on made the forums interesting again for the first time in a while. You add in all that with the pissing excellence and I dont see how they could lose lol

• Upvote 1

As a person who has owned and worked in major orgs I will say Id vouche for pretty much all of the main stay Convicted guys. I have dealt with every guy in the alliance at one time or another. They have fought hard, took short notice fights, super fights, and anything else you can think of to be helpful. Lance, Karter, Ethan, Soyster, Avon and Mannetosen are all class acts who have been awesome to work with. Even the guys who are lesser knowns like Dace and Tarmo I have dealt with in the past and I have nothign but great things to say about them too. Karters arogance and trash talking might piss some people off but IMO it makes the game more fun to me. If Convicted wasnt on here talking about pissing excellence who would even care about the alliance tier thing? No one! Here recently I had several people mention how the Diggs/Fett/McDermott trash talk that Karter helped spur on made the forums interesting again for the first time in a while. You add in all that with the pissing excellence and I dont see how they could lose lol

Someone mentioned me! Finally, at long last, VALIDATION! :D Sometimes I forget this game has a freaking forum and I forget how long its been since I have been a regular poster here :)

No but seriously, appreciated Bank. What you say rings true. I've been with Convicted for awhile now. Karter recruited me back when I held guys like him and Avon in reverence (which is so very very sad considering this is a browser game about muscly punch-men). Each guy in the Alliance brings something unique to the table and each of them is a guy I am proud to say I am allied with. We're pretty tight knit considering this is an intarnetz game. I just made an Alliance chat post yesterday night telling the guys this very thing. That past the excellent fight performance records, the well built, interesting fighters and the successfully run companies, Orgs and gyms are the players behind those achievements. Their day to day interactions that the rest of the people playing don't see, to me define Convicted as an Alliance and it's a shame others can't see that like I do.

Then I remember how fucking awesome we are, I bask in the dazzling radness that is being Convicted 4 Lyfe, put on my shades (cause our future's so bright) and I stop worrying about what some plebeian on a message board thinks of me and my brosefs :D

• Upvote 2