Tournament of the year 2012 - Nominations

(not in order)

The Syn Euro "Bankrupting Bankrupt" Million Dollar Tournament ended this year, so I think it goes toward this year's awards, right? (can't quite remember for sure how that works)

Like Crisse said, the Ascension 3 Million Dollar Tournament

Syn and Syn Euro 2 Million Dollar Middleweight Tournament

Blitz NY/Empire Million Dollar Featherweight Grand Prix

League of Leagues

The Convicted Fighter

I'm sure there are a lot more, too.

Edit: I just saw Vahti lurking in here and it reminded me of the NFC Baddest Man on the Planet tournament. Not sure if it ends this year or if it has already ended, but I think the prize was like 7 million dollars so it deserves a mention for sure.

The Tycoon Doubles Tournament was fun. I nominate it.

I hate to self promote, but since everyone else is lol IMO Syn Euro "Bankrupting Bankrupt" Million Dollar Tournament where Budo won is the best hands down. I think it had the best grouping of talent and all kinds of major upsets. Finished off by the fight of the year/comeback of the year/KO of the year canidate Budo vs War Machine. A fight that many called one of the greatest fights, if not the greatest fight, in Tycoon history. Those guys in that tournament did me solid by bringing it every round and put on some epic fights.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(not in order)

The Syn Euro "Bankrupting Bankrupt" Million Dollar Tournament ended this year, so I think it goes toward this year's awards, right? (can't quite remember for sure how that works)

Ascension 3 Million Dollar Tournament

Syn and Syn Euro 2 Million Dollar Middleweight Tournament

Blitz NY/Empire Million Dollar Featherweight Grand Prix

League of Leagues

The Convicted Fighter

Any one of the above.

Bit of self promoting but i'd go with the 3mil tourney. It had the best ever line up period. Five of the top 10 LHW's in the game. Including the GOAT Tonal, Taylor Norton, William MacKenzie King, Grossman, al Din, Gristle McThornbody, Lee Perry and Budo Rei to name a few. It had upsets from the word go. Perry beating Tonal and Grossman beating King. Right through to the final where Crassus beat Batts. Crassus started off as a 66-1 shot for the tourney.

Loved Crassus' run in that tournament so for that reason I'd hand the award there. EPL3 was good but perhaps not as good as some of those mentioned, can't win two in a row huh. Thanks the Tycoon Team Tournament nod JLP, it was flawed a little but still enjoyable.

I thought Budo Rei's tournament victory was one of the greatest moments in the history of the game.

I agree! The fact he came in at like wonderful/wonderful or maybe exceptional/exceptional, I forget which, was amazing he won. Ive ran like 5 major tournies now, and that one was by far the most fun of them all. A lot of trash talk from Pico that led up to that final fight too. Claiming the Momoko/War Machine fight was the final and Damato vs Rei was basically a joke.

I agree! The fact he came in at like wonderful/wonderful or maybe exceptional/exceptional, I forget which, was amazing he won. Ive ran like 5 major tournies now, and that one was by far the most fun of them all. A lot of trash talk from Pico that led up to that final fight too. Claiming the Momoko/War Machine fight was the final and Damato vs Rei was basically a joke.

haha, I remember Pico and Sackett both talking a lot of trash.

Budo was Wonderful/Wonderful/Superb/Purple at the beginning of the tournament. He was 21 years old. Conditioning and Strength were his only skills above Wonderful. By the end he was much better, but still not really all that super high for a tournament like that. I really didn't know any better. I thought he was pretty studly until Deamus told me everyone had Sens/Elite physicals and secondaries, haha.

Here's what he looked like on the day he beat War Machine: (I should be posting this in the Upset of the Year thread. I have War Machine's skills from that day, too. Sackett posted them on the forums)

Budo Rei's skills IN THE MDT FINALS VS WAR MACHINE

Boxing Exceptional

Muay Thai Exceptional

Wrestling Remarkable

BJJ Strong

Punches Wonderful

Kicks Wonderful

Elbows Useless

Knees Useless

Clinchwork Wonderful

Striking Defense Sensational

Ground n Pound Abysmal

Takedown Off Abysmal

Takedown Def Remarkable

Submissions Woeful

Defensive Grap Superb

Agility Exceptional

Flexibility Exceptional

Speed Sensational

Strength Elite

Conditioning Elite

Balance Exceptional

You only say that because you lost 250k to Deamus on Budo Rei in the Syn Euro tourney! Bitter and biased!

Haha, I didn't even realise the Rei win was this year! That was also awesome!