Champions declining fights. Should they lose their belt?

BigJoeSullivan

Seems like a unfortunate situation that just wasnt good for the fighter owner and he wanted out. Seems reasonable to me. All parties involved seem to be respectable, upstanding guys. These things happen sometimes when whats good for the organization comes in conflict with whats good for a fighter.

• Upvote 1

yall on some bullshit thats holding other(NEWER) players back, the new kid with low p4p rank earned the shot, give it to him. only time a champ should be allowed to decline a title fight IMO is if yall bringing in some new guy who never had more then a coupla of fights in the org and didnt earn really earn it, but nawh u org owners dont give 2 shits about the fighters, your just lookin for a bigger hype boost like some hoes *insert intent dislike smilely face here*

PS. if the guy is lower ranked dont champs usually like to fight cans to pull in money and still look good?

• Downvote 5

Someone got what I was saying. Im not saying the ufc is a bad sports it has bad management who are just about selling fights and making money. Jds and ben henderson are the only fighters who fought tough guys to get the belts. Everything beyond that is a joke and make no sense.

definate +1 here

• Downvote 2

yall on some bullshit thats holding other(NEWER) players back, the new kid with low p4p rank earned the shot, give it to him. only time a champ should be allowed to decline a title fight IMO is if yall bringing in some new guy who never had more then a coupla of fights in the org and didnt earn really earn it, but nawh u org owners dont give 2 shits about the fighters, your just lookin for a bigger hype boost like some hoes *insert intent dislike smilely face here*

PS. if the guy is lower ranked dont champs usually like to fight cans to pull in money and still look good?

This is the type of horseshit post i give thumbs down to.

When my sub p4p 100 fighters gets offered a fight against someone ranked over 1000 p4p, i decline it.

That has nothing to do with the org owner, other than him offering me a shit fight.

So, if you want to blame someone for "fucking over the noob that way", go ahead, blame me.

But it is actually the Org owner who is pushing for the low ranked fighter to get the shot and it isn't the Org owner who declines it.

Earning hype by winning, is much harder than losing it. You lose way more than you gain.

So, my fighter, ranked p4p 80 (Worth c.a. 300k/50k/50K) takes a fight against someone ranked p4p 1200 and loses.

Then my fighter is ranked p4p 1000+ (Worth 40k/10k/10K) and the other way around for the opponent.

It will take my fighter several wins to get anywhere near that value again and my managers account takes a massive hype hit aswell. Now, this game is about becoming the best, ranked No 1. and staying there without cheating.

Now, people can say what they want, but IMO only an idiot would accept a fight like that.

I have had several champs lose their belt becasue the org owner put someones monster project up as a challenger to the belt, outweighting my fighter heavily on stats, but with similar ranking.

This isn't a problem to to me, got beat by a better fighter/manager.

But to ask someone to risk a massive hype hit, losing hundreds of thousands of in game dollars value of the fighter, is fucked up!

• Upvote 2

This is the type of horseshit post i give thumbs down to.

When my sub p4p 100 fighters gets offered a fight against someone ranked over 1000 p4p, i decline it.

That has nothing to do with the org owner, other than him offering me a shit fight.

So, if you want to blame someone for "fucking over the noob that way", go ahead, blame me.

But it is actually the Org owner who is pushing for the low ranked fighter to get the shot and it isn't the Org owner who declines it.

Earning hype by winning, is much harder than losing it. You lose way more than you gain.

So, my fighter, ranked p4p 80 (Worth c.a. 300k/50k/50K) takes a fight against someone ranked p4p 1200 and loses.

Then my fighter is ranked p4p 1000+ (Worth 40k/10k/10K) and the other way around for the opponent.

It will take my fighter several wins to get anywhere near that value again and my managers account takes a massive hype hit aswell. Now, this game is about becoming the best, ranked No 1. and staying there without cheating.

Now, people can say what they want, but IMO only an idiot would accept a fight like that.

I have had several champs lose their belt becasue the org owner put someones monster project up as a challenger to the belt, outweighting my fighter heavily on stats, but with similar ranking.

This isn't a problem to to me, got beat by a better fighter/manager.

But to ask someone to risk a massive hype hit, losing hundreds of thousands of in game dollars value of the fighter, is fucked up!

I think it is fair to decline this fight when you are not the champ, but you should take on all comers as the champ. With that being said, if an org owner offers that kind of fight on a regular basis, it would be a good reason not to re-sign with that org. Ultimately, the org owner, not the champ, should be deciding who fights for the strap, but if an org owner cannot find proper competition, then it is completely understandable to want to leave.

As for the newer manager earning the title shot. there are no new managers sporting one year project fighters. If anything, offering title shots to high skill, low hype mega-projects is rewarding the veterans who trained a guy for a solid year and punishing the new managers who are forced to fight early and often and end up overhyped and overranked.

• Upvote 1

I think it is fair to decline this fight when you are not the champ, but you should take on all comers as the champ. With that being said, if an org owner offers that kind of fight on a regular basis, it would be a good reason not to re-sign with that org. Ultimately, the org owner, not the champ, should be deciding who fights for the strap, but if an org owner cannot find proper competition, then it is completely understandable to want to leave.

In an ideal world, i could agree with that.

But, you can flip what you just said.

I'm completely out in the open saying this and have never held back on these views, hence, if the Org can't live up to the request of getting fair p4p ranked fights, titleshots or not, don't sign any of my fighters and definitely don't offer me any titleshots if i already have fighters there.

I'm not bothered at all to get titleshots or belts, I've held 9 belts at the same time, with one of my fighter holding 3 at one time.

If belts become a burden to you and your fighter, then it's best not to have them at all. :)

I've got one belt right now i want rid off, where a fighter of mine is stuck in a division to light for his height.

I'd prefer the Org owner to strip him, but that means a hype loss for the org, so I'm fighting who the Org owner puts in from of him, as long as the fighter isn't more than 5 x worse ranked.

So far my fighter has beat whats thrown at him, but i do want him up a division or two. Like most of us on Tycoon, I hate losing, and will do most things other than cheat, to win. That includes managing my fighters the way thats best for my fighters, not whats best for the orgs in question. But, you can ask around, contrary to what's probably perceived from reading my posts, I don't think i'm a bad manager to have in most Orgs.

In an ideal world, i could agree with that.

But, you can flip what you just said.

I'm completely out in the open saying this and have never held back on these views, hence, if the Org can't live up to the request of getting fair p4p ranked fights, titleshots or not, don't sign any of my fighters and definitely don't offer me any titleshots if i already have fighters there.

I'm not bothered at all to get titleshots or belts, I've held 9 belts at the same time, with one of my fighter holding 3 at one time.

If belts become a burden to you and your fighter, then it's best not to have them at all. :)

I've got one belt right now i want rid off, where a fighter of mine is stuck in a division to light for his height.

I'd prefer the Org owner to strip him, but that means a hype loss for the org, so I'm fighting who the Org owner puts in from of him, as long as the fighter isn't more than 5 x worse ranked.

So far my fighter has beat whats thrown at him, but i do want him up a division or two. Like most of us on Tycoon, I hate losing, and will do most things other than cheat, to win. That includes managing my fighters the way thats best for my fighters, not whats best for the orgs in question. But, you can ask around, contrary to what's probably perceived from reading my posts, I don't think i'm a bad manager to have in most Orgs.

I'm not at all calling you a bad manager. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. I would only suggest that you not accept title fights if you aren't prepared to act like a champion. As you have said before, you are not all that concerned with titles, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

One of the biggest difficulties here is the inability of fighters to voluntarily give up the belt. I can understand the hype hit for stripping champions. Doing so ensures that it is an absolute last resort and org owners are not stripping guys for no reason. However, if fighters were able to voluntarily give up the belt without a hype hit to the org, problems like this or managers opting to sign with another org would no longer be problems.

One of the biggest difficulties here is the inability of fighters to voluntarily give up the belt. I can understand the hype hit for stripping champions. Doing so ensures that it is an absolute last resort and org owners are not stripping guys for no reason. However, if fighters were able to voluntarily give up the belt without a hype hit to the org, problems like this or managers opting to sign with another org would no longer be problems.

Couldn't agree more.

We're back where we started!

Grasman is the voice of almost all managers out there with top fighters who want max bang for their back as (in game mode) they're professionals and as such this is how they make their living.

Grimspeake is the voice of the up and comer, the Nick Diaz who may have the skills but hasn't put in the hard yards yet to deserve the shots (except Nick gets them).

I try to be the voice in the middle, pragmatism for all. Ideally the highest hyped contender gets the next title shot because generally this hype came from previous hard work leading up to the title shot. If they refuse, you go down the list until someone accepts.

If everyone isn't accepting because the champ is a beast then you either recruit higher skilled talent or you apologise to the champ's manager, cut them and take the hype hit. If it is the champ refusing the fight the you do exactly the same thing.

From a personal view though I stand by what I said earlier: I feel a champ is only that by virtue of taking on anyone, anytime (with injury exception) and coming out on top. This is why you have a difference between 'the champ' and 'the best' in some divisions or time periods.

^^^ Agree totally on the voluntary belt dropping, I've brought it up previously. On a related tangent, if an org takes a hype hit due to the champ leaving with the belt (and you then stripping them), shouldn't the champ's new org get a hype boost assuming they sign him whilst he is still champ of another org?