Just bought a new gym

warlord

I just bought a new gym from a manager and this will be my first time to run it. Due to the fear of losing it in the future i have these following questions:

1. How will you set the upkeep budget? and how will you know that you are not overspending or underspending it?

2. I learned that coach wages are increasing in time just to make them happy. If you were in my shoe when is the best time to fire a coach meaning the peak level of heir salary just to replace him with another one?

3. I observe from other gyms that the current cleanliness changes from time to time. How will i maintain it to its peak? I havent seen any buttons like that

btw this is my new gym http://mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=2039

Feel free to give me other tips and suggestions. Thanks a lot

1.00 per session per fight will keep the gym pristine. So basically 12.00 (12 sessions x 1.00) per fighter per week. since you have 42 fighters that is 12.00 x 42 = 504 a week

ok thanks. Since the gym is not full, do you assume that those 42 fighters will still increase meaning is that you have to assume to increase that 504/ week so that your gym will not be as dirty before the week end? Or it is economical to just count the number of fighters this week and set the exact amount then next week change it again?

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new gym from a manager and this will be my first time to run it. Due to the fear of losing it in the future i have these following questions:

1. How will you set the upkeep budget? and how will you know that you are not overspending or underspending it?

2. I learned that coach wages are increasing in time just to make them happy. If you were in my shoe when is the best time to fire a coach meaning the peak level of heir salary just to replace him with another one?

3. I observe from other gyms that the current cleanliness changes from time to time. How will i maintain it to its peak? I havent seen any buttons like that

btw this is my new gym http://mmatycoon.com...c.php?gmid=2039

Feel free to give me other tips and suggestions. Thanks a lot

1, Ditto what Duphus said

2. All I can say here is after a few months I still haven't had issues but not sure when it happens.

3. Cleanliness is effected by the upkeep so as long as you spend enough for each fighter it will stay pristine. If you ever fall below that then just recalculate your fighters upkeep needs and add a little more until it gets back to pristine.

I guess it depends on whether or not you are running private or public. Private gyms are simple public gyms do take some thought.

• Downvote 1

Wassap brosef?

Work out the upper limit of fighters you want in, based off the total coaches you will hire for the future (for example, I have 13 coaches) and decide the upper limit on coach:fighter ratios, (for example I have 13 coaches, I want no more than 6 fighters per coach, so I set the limit at 13 * 6). Then multiply that by the amount of sessions a week (12 * 78) and you get your number, obviously depending on your own variables.

I have been running a gym forever now and since the changes for the staff morale all of mine are still at super super high morale, and there is just one guy who feels underpaid (and still has full morale!). They tend to learn other skills quite slowly, so for now I would definitely just fire and rehire, but a year from now I'd need to reevaluate based off of what new skills they have learned.

The boys gave you spot on advice about cleanliness, so stick to the formula given for working out upkeep.

As for advice... think hard about coaches because once you have 60 fighters training on a roster it will piss people off if you go changing around who is training what skills at what time. I tend to go double elites for some BJJ/Wrestling and Boxing/Muay Thai and then some single elites for wrestling and boxing and general circuit training.

I'd also suggest you communicate with the managers and promote a sparring schedule. Then they get the most benefit from having the most people sparring at the same time and it also takes a load off the coaches themselves. I tend to run, for example -> BOXING/WRESTLING on AM, and MUAY THAY/BJJ on PM every day of the week. Giving a timetable makes it easier for people and gives some consistency to the program.

You have a lot of fighters from my org in your gym :) better make sure it runs well ;) I sent you $100k to help with costs and coaches and so forth, use it wisely grasshopper!

You have a lot of fighters from my org in your gym :) better make sure it runs well ;) I sent you $100k to help with costs and coaches and so forth, use it wisely grasshopper!

Thanks a lot for the help and the tips really appreciate it. Actually that gym was a private gym before and the former owner told me that its all up to me on whatever i wanted to do. He was kind enough that he make sure everything is in good condition and i wanted to maintain that good state . :D

I would suggest that double elites for your punching and sub offence coach would increase the amount of gains each session. By how much I don't know and really it doesn't matter. What matters is are people in the gym happy with it. Since you are at 54 of 55 i would say they are. Some are not, others won't pay attention or care.

I would suggest that double elites for your punching and sub offence coach would increase the amount of gains each session. By how much I don't know and really it doesn't matter. What matters is are people in the gym happy with it. Since you are at 54 of 55 i would say they are. Some are not, others won't pay attention or care.

thanks, actually my original goal is 50 cause i'm still experimenting how low will i go cause i dont want to put it in a much worse negative balance

I'm not so sure that's the case Joe. I thought 150 in boxing and a little in mt (10-20) should give you the perfect punches training session. I'm on my phone so can't really search around the help so ill have alook around later.

Just got this from the tycoon help, you don't need double elites for Boxing and Subs, just little bit MT and Wrestling respectively.

Punches. Coach can have either Boxing or Muay Thai. Boxing is mor effective than MT. An elite MT trainer will train punch technique to the same level as a high Remarkable boxing trainer. A trainer with JUST elite boxing will train almost a perfect session but of course there are some little nuances that he could pick up from MT knowledge to get those last few percentage points. If a trainer has both boxing and MT, he will take some benefit from both knowledge bases.

Kicks. Coach needs Muay Thai.

Elbows. Coach needs Muay Thai.

Knees. Coach needs Muay Thai.

Clinchwork. Coach needs Muay Thai, Wrestling and Boxing (secondary).

Striking defense. Coach needs Muay Thai and Boxing.

Takedown offense. Coach needs Wrestling.

Takedown defense. Coach needs Wrestling.

Ground and pound. Coach needs Wrestling and BJJ.

Submission offense. Coach needs BJJ and a small amount of Wrestling.

Defensive grappling (aka Submission Defense). Coach needs BJJ and Wrestling (secondary).

Circuit training. Coach needs Conditioning.

sure it did :D

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=2056 this is my old gym.

Income weekly

115 fighters @ 1000 = 115k

Vending = 600 or so

Sauna = 1k or so

Expenses weekly

Coaches = 53k

Cleaning = 1.4k

Profit weekly 62k

Knock off equipment twice a month, the odd coach to replace and gym memberships floating up and down. , The numbers I quoted are the minimum you make on a successful gym.

Feel free to replace your neg with a rep.

• Upvote 1

I'm not so sure that's the case Joe. I thought 150 in boxing and a little in mt (10-20) should give you the perfect punches training session. I'm on my phone so can't really search around the help so ill have alook around later.

I only meant for perception. I really don't know what is needed for the max but what people think is what really matters. If they think 150/150 is better than 150/120 than they will prefer it even if it makes no actual difference.

I only meant for perception. I really don't know what is needed for the max but what people think is what really matters. If they think 150/150 is better than 150/120 than they will prefer it even if it makes no actual difference.

Sure, the wiki says 150 boxing plus a bit of MT for the perfect punch session. I used to have two double elite boxing coaches in my gym which I realised was unnecessary even though that was what a lot of people were saying was required.

I now still have 2 boxing coaches, however, with the extra points left over I was able to get another elite MT coach which obviously gives me a better rounded set of coaches and lower fighter to coach ratios.

• 1 year later...