Fighter of the Year 2012

Eveas

Fighter of the Year 2012  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which fighter had the best year in 2012?

• Otso Jokinen
    • Pat McDermot
    • Victor Creed
    • Jan Paulsen
    • Anton Chigurh
    • Sam Hall
    • Waru Kuzuri
    • Boba Fett
    • Aaron Witt
    • Christian Segura
    • Jeremy Tonal
    • Merrick Kane
    • Fidel Puno
    • Fat Jobber
    • Charles Martel
    • Chaly Kwidama
    • Bruce Campbell

No they were the threads that started mid December and ended at the start of January, these threads are the award ones.

I'll add a second poll to this later if everyone agrees that will narrow it down to the top 3 before casting our final votes. All names are in the order they were nominated to be fair.

I'm pretty sure by the post that started this thread that Alexi is correct.

Let me clarify, when these were originally started, Eveas planned on having the awards with large nomination pools have 2 stages of voting, the top 5 (at most) would be put through for a second round of voting. That second round of voitng would decide who won that award.

The awards with smaller nomination pools should be closed down and forwarded to mike

No, I disagree with Alexi. That original post by Eveas was merely a suggestion.

I really don't see there being much support for extending the voting any longer, in fact quite the opposite, I'm sure most people are bored by this now.

This is the way i feel since two guys have 90 votes between them and the next guy only has 8, i don't see the need for a new thread everyone won't come back to vote again IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe when Marciano manages even to crack into top 10 lightweights we'll talk about that fight.

Just to be clear, Raph was the #8 LW in the world before his bullshit split decision loss to Virtanen back in December. So please, don't kid yourself that he isn't a contender in the LW division. Raph has since avenged that loss (his only career defeat) with a stunning first round stoppage after a barrage of knees to reclaim his GSF Lightweight title and added 2 additional wins to his record to boot. He sits at #12 in the world right now. Give him some time to get his momentum going in 2013 and I think he will surprise you.

• Upvote 1

Just to be clear, Raph was the #8 LW in the world before his bullshit split decision loss to Virtanen back in December. So please, don't kid yourself that he isn't a contender in the LW division. Raph has since avenged that loss (his only career defeat) with a stunning first round stoppage after a barrage of knees to reclaim his GSF Lightweight title and added 2 additional wins to his record to boot. He sits at #12 in the world right now. Give him some time to get his momentum going in 2013 and I think he will surprise you.

Just to be clear I think he's a good fighter and could be even one of the best in the division, but at the time he wasn't ranked high enough to face the current #1 LW and #1 p4p fighter in the game.

Just to be clear I think he's a good fighter and could be even one of the best in the division, but at the time he wasn't ranked high enough to face the current #1 LW and #1 p4p fighter in the game.

Agreed, Raph was at least 2 more high profile fights away from being in a position to call for a shot at the #1 LW before he got derailed. All I wanted to clarify was that he had indeed made it into the top 10 LW rankings at the end of 2012. I distinctly remember this only because he was my first fighter to ever crack the top 10 in a weight class. Hopefully, if I do my part, he'll be in a position to challenge Jokinen in 2013 for the #1 Lightweight crown.

• Upvote 1