Is Steel Penn a Multi?

Is Steel Penn a Multi?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Steel Penn is a multi based on the evidence presented?

Any chance he's testing fighters for the QFC tourney?

Not in the most part, no. There's one called 'Tourney Champ', or something similarly terrible (and is a second attempt at him), but the others have been around for significantly longer.

Karter even alerted people to it before Christmas, but people either overlooked it or chose to ignore the claim on the assumption that it was just another episode in their long-running feud/love-in.

Only two of his QFC fights (from his last 20) therefore have been to test his potential entrant. The others are all just 25 year old creations, solely designed to can-crush versus inexperienced managers up to a record of 4 wins before being sacked (so that they never have to compete in level 2 QFCs). Rinse and repeat.

For one such example of a fighter having passed through this system, check out fighter ID 198998 (sorry, can't link on iPad).

As I said, he's using it to inflate his manager ranking.

Quacky Can is such a bitch and shitty manager that he's been creating 25 year olds and QFCing them to pad his record and improve his rank for months now, other than trolling this forum and padding Afro Puff's record it's his only chance to remain relevant:

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=198998

http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=201579

These are only 2 of the handful of 25 year old cans

Here's where Karter pointed it out before (not quite last year, in fact, it just feels like a long time ago!), and it was earlier on in this very thread.

I've slightly wandered away from my original point, though, really. It's not so much that I'm complaining about Jacky's ill-gotten manager rank (especially as this is actually achieved primarily via Afro Samurai's embarrassing career) but rather that one needs to treat both Steel Penn and Jacky (and anyone else found abusing the system in this way) in a consistent fashion.

The actual benefit to whosoever indulges in this type of behaviour is fairly limited, particularly when it means their reputation amongst the more discerning members of the community (i.e. mostly the forum users) plummets ever lower. What is really frustrating to arise from this is the depressing effect it undoubtedly has on new managers who are mercilessly crushed and then probably end up quitting before being able to find out whether they would have enjoyed the game or not when played properly.

In short, this behaviour is leading to a stunting of the growth of this game, which is quite sad and annoying.

It's no big deal. There's always going to be Kimbo Slices out there and there's nothing you can do about it that is worth the effort. Those in the know (and those who stick around long enough to be in the know) realise they're just overhyped can crushers and give them the disdain they deserve. Those who don't won't know the difference between them or any other manager who beats them, like another new manager for example, so it isn't worth stressing over.

With that said, I am not really sure how the manager ranking is worked out now but I think opposition ranking should play a fairly significant part because just like a fighter, if I beat the guys ranked 1100 to 1000 in 100 fights in a row, I don't become #1 just because I won 100 fights in a row. The best I can realistically boast is #999 :P If I beat 5 of the world's Top 10 in a row then I can start claiming to be the best, depending on how those other 5 have been going.

• Upvote 1

It's no big deal. There's always going to be Kimbo Slices out there and there's nothing you can do about it that is worth the effort. Those in the know (and those who stick around long enough to be in the know) realise they're just overhyped can crushers and give them the disdain they deserve, those who don't won't know the difference between them or any other manager who beats them, like another new manager for example, so it isn't worth stressing over.

With that said, I am not really sure how the manager ranking is worked out now but I think opposition ranking should play a fairly significant part because just like a fighter, if I beat the guys ranked 1100 to 1000 in 100 fights in a row, I don't become #1 just because I won 100 fights in a row. The best I can realistically boast is #999 :P If I beat 5 of the world's Top 10 in a row then I can start claiming to be the best, depending on how those other 5 have been going.

• 1 month later...

Smoking it: the smoking aspect of it is what's unhealthy. Enhaling anything in that manner is unhealthy because smoke is bad for your lungs. That is why they created vaporizers.

This comment is a lolocaust

• Downvote 1

I think that this has to be the best forum thread in MMATycoon history. Great stuff by Gable and showed just what a dirty cheat Steel Penn is and also that he's a liar and can't be trusted with all his lies at the start. But I have to say he has balls for coming back, if I'd lied to everyone and cheated them and built companies and an alliance on lies I don't think I could face it.

I think that this has to be the best forum thread in MMATycoon history. Great stuff by Gable and showed just what a dirty cheat Steel Penn is and also that he's a liar and can't be trusted with all his lies at the start. But I have to say he has balls for coming back, if I'd lied to everyone and cheated them and built companies and an alliance on lies I don't think I could face it.

You clearly werent here @ Leo C Barros thread.