Check this anti gun bullshit out.

Wow, nice post, Man. Lots of good info. Humanity needs an enema. :excl:

That info is all about one country, don't project the stupidity of a part onto the whole ;)

xcyl.png Cain killed Able with a rock. We dont have a gun problem, we have a heart problem. Jeremiah 17:9

a lot of that info is not true -- just made up numbers

He has links, almost all of them to Government research sources, to support his info.

Now you're saying shit is made up, burden of proof is on you to prove it.

Which brings us back to pages 1-80 where communist theories such as 'proof', 'evidence' and 'facts' are merely subversive pinko plots to subjugate the true, red blooded American to race slavery. Or something.

• Upvote 1

xcyl.png Cain killed Able with a rock. We dont have a gun problem, we have a heart problem. Jeremiah 17:9

The passage where the prophet Jeremiah talked about gun control was my favorite too.

• Upvote 1

To be fair though, it isn't like gun violence in the USA is out of control, or even homicide really. You can't quote absolute numbers because this doesn't take into account the PROPORTION of population.

In terms of homicides per people, USA (5 per 100k people) is hardly at the level of say, Somalia, Mexico, Hondurus, etc. They keep company with illustrious names like Argentina, (6 per), Belarus (5 per), Burundi (4 per), Chile (4 per), Cuba (5 per), Estonia (5 per), Kenya (6 per), Thailand (5 per), etc, so the USA is just as safe as those places. This is according to those communists at the WorldBank anyway.

It's just true that where, for example, Australia likes to kill its own people with terrible soap operas revolving around teenagers at the beach or the more traditional taipan-taped-to-a-stick, the USA chooses guns 67.5% of the time. Again, this is according to notoriously left-wing, anti-liberty newspaper The Washington Post, and we all know they have an agenda.

According to the FBI, that bastion of freedom, justice and civil liberties, " firearms were used in 67.7 percent of the nation’s murders, 41.3 percent of robberies, and 21.2 percent of aggravated assaults. (Weapons data are not collected for forcible rape.)". Which brings a potential more interesting question... how does the USA compare in terms of robberies and assaults to the rest of the world and do firearms play a part in this? Again, the FBI claim, "There were an estimated 386.3 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011." and "Aggravated assaults accounted for the highest number of violent crimes reported to law enforcement at 62.4 percent. Robbery comprised 29.4 percent of violent crimes, forcible rape accounted for 6.9 percent, and murder accounted for 1.2 percent of estimated violent crimes in 2011". Knowing that in 2011 there was approximately 1200000 violent crimes, that means we can work it out to be 748800 assaults (506938 with firearms) and 352800 robberies (145706 with firearms). Maths right? Who knew it could do this sort of thing!

According to NationMaster (probably part of the Jew-Illuminati-NWO-Lizardman conspiracy), the USA ranks #18 in robberies per capita. Shitty Central and South American countries make up most of the Top 10. Surprisingly (unless you're from there), Belgium is #11, Spain is #12, Portugal is #13. Undoubtedly it is due to the gypsies. After this, it is crappy countries again until the USA. Italy is #20 and it is more crappy countries all the way down to Canada at #28 when your uncrappy countries start to appear regularly. Looking at assault, statistics are few and far between and only uncrappy countries have them, generally all the first world countries sit in the 1.5-2.5 per 100k range. So we can say in this case, fairly confidently, folks be fighting worldwide, irrespective of guns. I am unable to find instances of % of crimes involving firearms in Belgium, Spain and Portugal but would welcome them if any of you folk can pry them from the gypsies.

More interestingly is a look at the USA itself, as we frequently refer to 'The States' but forget they are in fact, a bunch of states, and not a completely homogenous nation when it comes to culture, preferences, ideals, beliefs, etc. There isn't a single 'Northern' state with gun ownership at higher than 40% of the population, although in the 'South' you're hardpressed to find it below this. Frequently it is as high as 55%. Unsurprisingly, there is a very obvious relationship between 'having guns' and 'shooting people with guns' or using them in general (say to commit robbery).

Here's Tom with the weather.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's fair to bring Somalia into this, as far as we know they could have really strict gun laws. We all know that "if guns are illegal then only criminals will have guns," and based on the amount of pirates there, I would say that they have pretty strict gun regulations.

• Downvote 1

No, that was a serious question. Please answer it. So you can shoot at somebody who steals a pencil?

in a round about way yea you can, but also your question is too vague to answer properly -- not saying you wont get charged but a good lawyer will most likely get you off -- laws vary from state to state, here we have the right to protect any of our own property, and even more than just our own we have to right to protect neighbors property and so on -- one case which made it pretty big down here was the jim horn case -- he noticed couple guys breaking into his neighbors house he called 911 and dispatcher told him to stay put he said he wasnt letting them get away with it and left with shotgun ended up confronting one of them shooting and killing him (they had no guns) -- he didnt get charged cause he had the right too defend his neighbors property -- just yesterday a CHL holder witnessed two guys robbing a game stop store while he was eating next door to the store he went out to stop and confront them, they had guns, he shot and killed one also wounding the other http://www.chron.com/default/article/Officials-Man-interrupts-store-robbery-kills-5514834.php -- yes guns are used in bad ways but they are also used in good ways too -- as i say some want to blame the person not doing the crime that he shouldnt kill someone or nothings worth killing someone over -- well maybe just maybe the criminals should wonder if their life is worth the crime -- if more defenses like the two above were done more often the crime rate would go down -- reason why many strong pro gun states / towns have lower crime rates and cities / states like new york and chicago have huge crime rates

edited: also was trying to find the report but cant now -- was reported that over 1 million people in the state of New York still refuse to and have not registered their weapons -- the bill past last year and they had until july of 2013 to register them or lose them -- well that plan hasnt went the way the Governor wanted thats for sure -- now he has to decide to either just live with it or start going house by house and collecting them -- most always report or say the people want guns banned or controled but that isn't exactly the truth -- http://edition.cnn.com/ put up a poll yesterday (bottom right) about more gun control (and cnn is anti-gun channel / program) their own poll is losing -- yea only little over 3000 votes right now but pretty much every poll i ever seen has been the same -- yea I agree their needs to be more gun control or just enforce the ones they have now (which they dont) -- but no they want to go for the gut and ban period -- i have never seen once not once where you buy a gun from a dealer and not get background check -- nor have i ever heard of someone not getting a background check from a dealer -- yea off the streets but not from a dealer -- and the b/s of gunshows not doing background checks is silly -- no way you buy a gun from anyone at a gunshow and not get a background check (unless you buy from an individual) -- problem is government don't do or handle the background checks properly, they are the ones dropping the ball not dealers, its their fault

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's fair to bring Somalia into this, as far as we know they could have really strict gun laws. We all know that "if guns are illegal then only criminals will have guns," and based on the amount of pirates there, I would say that they have pretty strict gun regulations.

What's the piracy rate of Somalia vs. general gun crime rate of USA, per 100 000k people? :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perfect answer

i agree make ammo cost crazy prices -- i load my own so no worries plus already have close to 20k rounds of 223 and over 10k rounds of 45 so im set for long time -- not to mention the supplies to make half those amounts but just havent made them yet

hell it gets like that im gonna be rich!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always wondered why muricans in particular are so fond of their guns. Do they use them often? Are they all hunters because they don't like what food are sold in stores? Is it for that day they get fired so they can come back and renegotiate with the employer at gun point? Is it to feel safe and free, because what I've understood usa is fighting for freedom for about every nation that isn't free, as long as there are important resources in that unfree country. Is it because muricans have more violent people in general? I'm intrigued

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

So police encouraging people to turn in knives that have few uses besides killing is comparable to forcible hand removal?

Bang up fucking logic there retard.

why not without hands you cant hold anything to kill someone with -- so easier to take hands instead of outlaw, banning guns, knives, baseball bats and everything else -- stupid people will never understand its not the item its the person -- a person set to kill someone will find anyway or anything to do it with

“more than 800 knives have been handed in across the county – including swords, machetes and commando knives.” -- i bet not one criminal handed in one of those 800 knifes

no way to cut your steak now -- moving back to cave man days -- lol -- no box cutters so workers now have to use their teeth

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've found the most sensible approach to take towards any topic is an extreme on either end.

Obviously by asking people to hand in knives which are not of the common kitchen or butter variety means that next we'll be getting Government mandated lobotomies, but it isn't weapons that hurt people, it is the chemical reaction in the brain of the weapon holder that formulates their actions through thought process and response to stimuli.

or

Everyone should be made to carry 1000000 knifes. If you knew everyone had 10000000 knives you'd be 10000000 times less likely to fuck with someone. Cos they'll knife you. 10000000 times.

Choose whichever idiotic extreme suits you and when you've finished with your bubble bath let's talk pragmatism and results.

• Upvote 1

The link a few posts up is that knives are too many and too dangerous in the UK.

CK gives us the classic American response: get a gun or die.

I am sensing a slight dissonance between the reality of the world and whatever it is that the media and various parties looking to profit from your fear have fermented in the USA.

• Upvote 3