Alteration to Hype / Pop Calculations

MMATycoon

He means it would be noob fighters against noob fighters earning hype. Even if they train they are way less skilled than for example guys in the top tier orgs. So, it appears they would also have the same limits in place preventing their expansion.

Yes I know but anyone in that org isn't going to reach the top 100 p4p unless they get a decent chunk of skill built up. If a fighter's hype and skills are rising at a sensible, natural level (together), this change won't have any effect on them.

Skill affecting hype might be the dumbest thing yet, Mike. How does that work in reality again? If skill affected hype Kimbo Slice would have never headlined a show on network tv that 6 million people watched.

Just separate the rankings and leave hype alone.

I'm happy enough to just disagree I'm afraid. Call it hype or whatever you want... it's basically a rankings system. Kimbo never made it into anyone's rankings and if he did, that would be "the dumbest thing yet".

Save your breath, I really don't care if you don't like this. I'm only going to implement things I think are a good idea. If you had a good idea you are welcome to put it forwards at any time. All bitching and whining does is get something moved up the pecking order - I was going to do this anyway, just in about a month.

• Upvote 4

Wow this is lame imo, i personally couldn't care less about rank or hype/pop but if the QFC orgs get nerfed that much there is no money to be made or even loses no one is going to run one. Looks like some guys got there way everyone will have to play the game how you like soon so don't worry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's good to know that whiny bitches are guiding the direction of this game. Thanks, Mike.

Pot calling the kettle black here, I think.

I don't think I have ever seen you rationally reply to a post. Every time I've seen you post anything, it has started with "This is the stupidest, most ridiculous bullshit of all time" or something along those lines. You overdramatize everything and whine more than anyone else.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Wow this is lame imo, i personally couldn't care less about rank or hype/pop but if the QFC orgs get nerfed that much there is no money to be made or even loses no one is going to run one. Looks like some guys got there way everyone will have to play the game how you like soon so don't worry.

Maybe we can wait and see, eh? ;)

We will see Weds, since that is my next event. I usually don't do the sky is falling thing, but it is hard to imagine my org or tournament remaining open with the numbers you gave. I have barely been breaking even over the last month. It is by design, but look at my last couple weeks worth of events keeping in mine I pay fighters using transfers around $300k per event not shown on the event page. Tell me I am making too much looking at those events.

Pot calling the kettle black here, I think.

I don't think I have ever seen you rationally reply to a post. Every time I've seen you post anything, it has started with "This is the stupidest, most ridiculous bullshit of all time" or something along those lines. You overdramatize everything and whine more than anyone else.

What can I say. With the plethora of dumb fucks like yourself on these forums, it's hard not to point out your debilitating retardation. I wouldn't have made that bullshit troll thread to rile up you and the band of idiots if not for your ridiculously inane post in Gable's thread.

This game should be sponsored by a line of feminine hygiene products with all the pussies running around here. You're like a bunch of little girls running to Daddy for help all the time.

• Downvote 2

These changes will be good for the game in the long run. QFC orgs were never intended to be part of the game anyways. Not saying they don't belong but it's obvious they can't run under the same rules as regular orgs. Exploiters always get pissed off when they lose their advantage so let them cry it out and move on. Not referring to you Eveas, I respect what you've done with your org.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

These changes will be good for the game in the long run. QFC orgs were never intended to be part of the game anyways. Not saying they don't belong but it's obvious they can't run under the same rules as regular orgs. Exploiters always get pissed off when they lose their advantage so let them cry it out and move on. Not referring to you Eveas, I respect what you've done with your org.

KT was never intended to be a part of the game. Who or what exactly was being exploited?

That's why KT has a separate set of rules, just like these changes are setting up a separate set of rules of QFC orgs. As for exploiting well from my point of view there are managers using the system as a get rich quick scheme. The hype generated using sub par fighters is out of control. QFC should be the equivalent of the amateur circuit.

• Upvote 3

Mike,

I was all for the separation of rankings. This nerf is out of the blue but I can see where you are coming from in terms of keeping the game as a whole sensible.

But - The rug has been pulled out from under the QFC tourney. I hope you will talk with Eveas and make sure he is able to see through this upcoming tourney, and give help if it's needed. As well as all his efforts, there are about 40 of us who have spent 2 months preparing fighters (that includes spending VIP) for the big event. People from all over the game have put up millions in potential prizes, but the $6 Million tourney prizes now look in danger, possibly even the event itself.

I guess the changes will ensure it never happens again :( but please help us do this one in the style it was envisioned.

• Downvote 1

This isn't a separate set of rules for QFC orgs. This change affects all fighters, not just the ones that don't train.

Why does he say this at the start of his post then?

If you fight in normal orgs, this won't affect you

Nevermind I just read this as well

this formula is not limited to QFC only fighters - it applies to any fight in the game.

I still think its a good idea. The bigger the difference between skill and hype the less hype and popularity gained. What's not to like? I prefer the pure form of the game so I guess I'm biased. Just like you are for the QFC style... Which is why they need to be separated IMO.

QFC Network put a bandage on the bleeding wound of the tycoon user base, which was in slight decline prior to training changes, dropped faster than Katie Morgan's panties once the training slaughter was implemented. People found a new way to enjoy Tycoon. I'd be careful with trying to mess with it too much. I don't agree with this change, but I can accept it and still enjoy the game.

• Upvote 4

Simple fact of the matter is fighters in this QFC should have there hype calculated differently - if the flow on affect from this is all fighters have there hype ranked differently then I say that's a win/win situtaion.. The rankings have been screwed forever this might be the first step in fixing them...

Secondly - if money is not the concern with this change and its about people fighting in QFC so they get to fight more often, don't enjoy the training or whatever then who gives a shit what money those fighters are making?? Are you all really going to get bent out of shape that your 25yo QFC fighter isn't earning 40K a fight that he doesn't need? Yeah sure you have planned to have event in certain arenas and promised certain pays - so what the money is irrelevant

• Upvote 5