European Premier League - Season 6: Lighter Edition

And it is finally here! The semi finals of the first ever EPL 6: The Lighters! 13 Tough fighters started this tournament and we are now down to the final four in this competition. Early favorites Domingo Perez and Alexander Geoly managed to survive the gauntlet and make it here to the semi finals.

Domingo Perez:

He was the long time leader at the top of this season of EPL. He ran through the regular season with a 9-2-2 record with 4 stoppage wins. Perez has no weaknesses to speak of. He is a great striker, good ground game, good clinch game. Perez has sensational boxing, remarkable MT, elite wrestling and a bjj black belt. He has shown the ability to finish his opponents but he has not always been able to do so as only 10 of his 23 career wins so he is more of a grinder than a finisher. However, Perez seems to have not recovered since his loss to Cruz in the finale of the regular season and he has been seen moping around Helsinki with a bottle of booze in one hand. Can he recover in time for the semi's?

Malvin Maldi:

Maldi is cut from the same mold as Perez, with slightly better striking in addition to a far more accomplished submission game with 18 submission wins in his career. However, Maldi doesn't have a whisper of power in his fists with only 1 TKO win in his career. I heard that his sparring partners don't even bother with head gear when they spar with him since he has such pillow fists. But he knows how to use those fists with sensational boxing, exceptional muay thai, senational wrestling and a lethal bjj black belt. Unlike Perez all seems to be going well in Maldi's camp as he prepares for the semi finals after a hard fought win in the quarter finals.

Fight Breakdown:

In this fight, its virtually a toss up, on the feet Maldi has a slight advantage and the grappling department is a toss up but with Maldi's submission skills, Perez could be choked out or have a limb broken at any time. Perez is a durable sob who has only been finished once in his career while Maldi has been finished 13 times between TKO's and submissions. Their fight in the regular season ended in a draw but with Perez's morale currently in question, I give a slight edge to Maldi to pull off the W to advance to the finals. However, if Perez gets his morale in order, then I have to think it will be another draw or a split decision in favor of someone.

Firus Williams:

Senor Williams is probably the least well rounded fighter remaining in this tourney, not saying that he isn't well rounded, just that his striking skills pale in comparison to his competitors. However, his wrestling game to set up his lethal submission game is definitely something you have to keep an eye on. HE was a late replacement to EPL 6 and has managed to put together a 6-3 record and earn his bye into the semi finals. However, Frius' chin is of such poor quality it is hard to believe he can walk outside on a breezy day without getting knocked out. The kid has heart though but will that be enough to carry him to the finals?

Alexander Geoly:

The debuting fighter for much maligned manager Alexi Zaitev (aka Speedy Gonzaitev) in the EPL after many seasons of rumored entry. He hasn't disappointed many this season running up an impressive 8-3-2 record in the regular season displaying a variety of skills from clinch to wrestling to striking. IF he has an achilles heel its his finicky confidence but he seems to have figured it out with solid performances lately. With sensational boxing and wrestling to go with elite muay thai and a bjj brown belt he is not an opponent you can take lightly. He has some power in his hands but he knows how to grind out a decision as well, can he survive the rush from Williams?

Fight Breakdown:

This fight hinges on whether or not Firus can get Goely to the mat before Geoly's fist makes another connection to his jaw just like he did in their regular sseason match up. If Firus can get Geoly down, it is a much closer fight than it is on the feet. I don't think Firus has a definite edge in terms of skill, but his bjj game is definitely better than that of Geoly. Wrestling is a toss up and striking heavily favors Geoly, the pundits say Geoly is able to survive the early onslaught and put Firus away in the 2nd round via KO.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Semifinals are in the books. We already knows - at Grand Finale it's gonna be Alexander Geoly Vs Domingo Perez! Last time Perez walked out with a W, by way of unanimous decision. Will it be the same now? Or will Alexander takes revenge and win most important fight of this season? In just 2 weeks we will find out! :D

Semis Profit: 200 000$

Current Season Profit: 2 870 000$

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w33.jpg

Firus Williams - EPL Season 6, Semi Finalist

''Fair play to Geoly ... he won that one fair and square, I can't even begrudge him the victory. The best man moved on, and this time around, that wasn't me. Unfortunately as well, there will not be a next time around for me. Management had previously decided that this would be my last hurrah, and while I got a lot further than even my own manager thought I would, at the end of the day, my poor noggin just can't keep taking these beatings. As such, I formally announce my retirement from the MMA world. It would have been nice to get a shot at that EVO title, but I guess it wasn't in the cards. But for all my fans out there, this won't be the last you see of me! I have entered TWGC and will be facing my first opponent in Tokyo in a few days. Keep your eyes peeled. As for EPL, I wish Geoly and his team the best of luck. Given that you defeated me, the fact that you have to go on and win the entire thing, as well as that EVO title to boot, is practically a given.''

• 2 weeks later...

Domingo Perez became EPL 6: Welterweight Winner! :) Gratz Scott, we made 3 000 000$ profit so prize is as was promised before this season :) I want to thanks for help with this season, we had some problems but season was really awesome! :)