Tank Abbott is back!!

DeadlyDirk

The one and only Tank Abbott is returning to the cage to fight in April.Fighting Ruben Villareal whoever that might be. His sherdog page tells me he beat Don Frye not to long ago so he's about as tough as they come.

Time for Tank to return to his past glory days, a UFC return is surely just around the corner.

War TANK! I am fucking excited!

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/274812/Tank-Abbott-vs.-Ruben-Villareal-to-Fight-in-April.htm

Recent picture of Tank doing an interview:

http://prommanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tank_abbott-2012.png

Recent picture of Tank training:

http://s23.postimage.org/bgztdziej/tank_2.jpg

Obviously going balls out in training as always.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if I've ever watched any of Tanks fight but might watch this one if it's going to be available to watch online

Have you ever seen a fat bearded man roll around in the cage like a stranded whale trying to get back into the water?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey, based on the golf cart picture he's in the best shape of his life.

Ruben Villareal is better known as Warpath. The only fights of his I can remember myself is Bas TKOing him with leg kicks in his comeback fight and him actually looking in decent shape and stopping Don Frye like last year.

Tank is a real fighter unlike the pussies of today. His last fight was his back yard rematch with Ferrozzo. Hard to say if he beat Warpath or not. Warpath is a lot bigger and younger and has a granite chin. Cant wait to see the fight.

• Downvote 1

I once saw a video on National Geographic of what I thought were two walruses trying to make a baby. After seeing Tank vs Ferrozzo 2 I think that maybe they were trying to fight. Yeah, it's something else when two real fighters go at it. Sometimes one of them gets tired and gives up.

• Downvote 1

Hes 47 years old. Of course he is going to lose. At least he fights. Hell he was past his prime before he ever fought in the UFC and still did very well verses the very best. He made 2 UFC legends have to cheat to beat him. When Don Frye and Oleg Taktorov say "Oh shit i better think of something". Then you know how tough he was back then.

• Upvote 2

Hard to say how much time he has had to train. Contrary to popular belief he has had good cardio for some of his fights in the past. But good cardio or not. IF you fight aggressive like he does through out his career you are going to gas. Its the biggest reason todays fighters dont fight like that. He has never tried to drag a fight to a decision. He goes in and fights his fights. Even with his high paced fight and using tons of energy. He has still managed to fight very long fights in his career when there was no rounds. Many fights went over 10-15 minutes straight vs smaller guys while in his late 30's. But seeing as how this fight is less than 2 months away. I expect both two gas. Unless one of them land a big punch which i expect unless Tank takes him down.

Even though i wish Tank would retire. He is a warrior and like he says a true Warrior never lays down his sword. So i will always be rooting him on.

• Upvote 1

What pic? This is the most recent pic/video i have seen of him. I dont think his shape is going to matter. He is 47 year old. He should get as much cardio as he can and come in and release hell and hope for the best.

Others from Tanks era are not even fight or are doing worse. Ken got beatby the guy Tank KO'ed in 20 seconds. Frye is just a punching bag. Severn was doing works in small shows and got caught. Tank has always fought for the love of fighting. He doesnt need to train at this point. He has to land something big early and no amount of training at this age is going to change that imo.

I want to make a bet with you. If Tank wins you can choose: Either I give you $200, I donate $400 to the game in your name, or I leave the game. If I win you don't post anymore on the forum. What do you think? I know that Tank is a loser, so the bet is a bit unfair, but you're not a chicken are you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I want to make a bet with you. If Tank wins you can choose: Either I give you $200, I donate $400 to the game in your name, or I leave the game. If I win you don't post anymore on the forum. What do you think? I know that Tank is a loser, so the bet is a bit unfair, but you're not a chicken are you?

I never said take would win so Stfu misspelled Steve!

Really? You're that big of a chicken? So you know he's a loser.

I would never let you cherry pick the fight. I wouldnt care if you were taking Royce to beat Hughes. If you asked for it i would say, Fuck you! HAHAA